Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How to build a Sorcerer Now? (Read 5070 times)
DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

How to build a Sorcerer Now?
Nov 20th, 2015 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
What is the best way to build sorcerers with the new planned update changes?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Re: How to build a Sorcerer Now?
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 3:36pm
Print Post  

Hey Faggots,
My name is Gorlax, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-life humans who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass creepypasta. You are everything bad in the galaxy. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any green pussy? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of "aliens" because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to faked pictures of UFOs.
Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was genetically engineered by a super intelligent being from the fifth dimension, and I was the alien god-king of 7 civilizations. What have you ruled, other than your stupid pets? I also shit gold, and have several banging hot earthling girlfriends (They just took turns blowing me; Shit was SO pan-dimensional). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It's me and my human bitches

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 2:17pm:
What is the best way to build sorcerers with the new planned update changes?

I think you will want to wait Doc, they are going to be changing a lot about the new feats now that they had some Lamma testing.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
If proposed changes go through, I think it's either 20 sorc (fire or air savant) or 18/2 FvS (fire savant) for something a bit more relaxed/noob friendly with just rewards. 

20 sorc is probably a safe bet.  They aren't going to make it gimpier than it already is.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well, when a Mommy Sorceress and a Daddy Sorcerer love each other very very much they......

...fuck each other, even though they are brother and sister with Down's syndrome, and produce a redneck mutation, in-bred off spring that plays dungeons & dragons, and posts on a fucking message board under the handle "people kills gun" (get it?!).

faggot...
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2015 at 3:49pm by [] »  

IP Logged

People kill guns
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 20th, 2015 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 7:57pm:
If proposed changes go through, I think it's either 20 sorc (fire or air savant) or 18/2 FvS (fire savant) for something a bit more relaxed/noob friendly with just rewards. 

20 sorc is probably a safe bet.  They aren't going to make it gimpier than it already is. 

I saw some really impressive Sorcs on Lamma yesterday, mid epic still a bit Meh, but end game is extraordinary.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 6:46am
Print Post  
Some number crunching is definitely in order.
Extra caster level and a bit higher dc (pure sorc) vs extra crit chance, crit damage and access to other goodies (wizard, fvs splash).

These are interesting times for casters, think I'm gonna log on to lama and do some testing.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #7 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 10:19am
Print Post  
If the feats will be the same on life as they were on Lamaland a primary Air tree  (Scion of the Plane of Air) and with a secondary Water tree should be a save bet. Take both Master of Air and Master of Water and you will have 5 SLA and one DOT at full caster level.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
string table error, tableDID wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 10:19am:
If the feats will be the same on life as they were on Lamaland a primary Air tree  (Scion of the Plane of Air) and with a secondary Water tree should be a save bet. Take both Master of Air and Master of Water and you will have 5 SLA and one DOT at full caster level.

Or a sorc with master of air and music, for max aoe of shout and greater shout, which synergizes with air tree.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #9 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Finally, water is coming into its own.  Cold Ray with no max caster lvl will beat the hell outta Polar Ray if you can get it to land often - and since its Conjuration you have awesome web synergies.  The fact that enemies take 0 dmg on a made save for Cold Ray is not an issue because every enemy that is important has evasion anyway.  Add in free max/emp/whatever epic metas you take for the SLA and being able to doublecast it (SLA and chosen spell) makes ice by far the best single target DPS for sorcs. 

A good secondary for Ice with the new lv 30 feats would be acid, which raises conjuration DC by 4, gives PRR instead of MRR, and allows you to have even better single target DPS with more DOTs.  Also, acid will affect those pesky cold-immune skellies that love to pop up all over the goddamn place.

Fuck skeletons.
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2015 at 12:53pm by Selee »  

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Selee wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 12:18pm:
Finally, water is coming into its own.  Cold Ray with no max caster lvl will beat the hell outta Polar Ray if you can get it to land often - and since its Conjuration you have awesome web synergies.  The fact that enemies take 0 dmg on a made save for Cold Ray is not an issue because every enemy that is important has evasion anyway.  Add in free max/emp/whatever epic metas you take for the SLA and being able to doublecast it (SLA and chosen spell) makes ice by far the best single target DPS for sorcs. 

A good secondary for Ice with the new lv 30 feats would be acid, which raises conjuration DC by 4, gives PRR instead of MRR, and allows you to have even better single target DPS with more DOTs.  Also, acid will affect those pesky cold-immune skellies that love to pop up all over the goddamn place.

Fuck skeletons.

Nice catch on the Conj, man, I hadn't even thought of that.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 5:07pm
Print Post  

Fuck skeletons.

It really just depends on what mob saves are like.  I could see a case being made for air, water or fire (fuck earth though).  I'm partial to air because of KD immunity and air step.

IP Logged

spambot3000
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 7:47pm
Print Post  

Fuck skeletons.

Finally my cleric past lives will be worth having, Earth/Water it is

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 12:17pm:
Or a sorc with master of air and music, for max aoe of shout and greater shout, which synergizes with air tree.

Sweet idea!

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #14 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
My first thought was also earth for pairing with web but web doesn't make mobs helpless, unless I'm mistaken. Entangled not held I think.

Like others have said, I'm thinking the sonic/enchantment level 30 feat on an air savant. I'll have to wait til some dedicated soul figures out if splashing bard comes out ahead on the enchantment dc's. Also if it's worth it to even try given mob dc's. Or if somebody at Turbine decides to take a legendary shit and label it Legendary Ward with mind-affecting immunity.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #15 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:38am
Print Post  
Legendary Ward is going to be level 9 spell mantle, Fom, Epic ward and extra 30 reflex against magic when full hp.

IP Logged

Selee
Abbot Raider

Reply #16 - Nov 22nd, 2015 at 8:32am
Print Post  
spambot3000 wrote on Nov 21st, 2015 at 7:47pm:
Finally my cleric past lives will be worth having, Earth/Water it is

God I know that feeling..

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves. - Ronald Reagan
Nice is for cowards and democrats - Red

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #17 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Nov 22nd, 2015 at 2:38am:
Legendary Ward is going to be level 9 spell mantle, Fom, Epic ward and extra 30 reflex against magic when full hp.

lol

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #18 - Nov 25th, 2015 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Dex all the way

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint