Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Mechanic & Scion of Ethereal (Read 11596 times)
Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Mechanic & Scion of Ethereal
Jan 3rd, 2016 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Anyone else take this combo?

I can get my Hide up to about 150 for 90 seconds, and keep it at 120ish for close to 6 minutes. Couple that with all the boosts in Legendary Dreadnaught, a few helpful twists, and pairing up Backstabber(with hide augment) with Divine Artilliary and I seem to be getting some nice kill rates. Using 'Pin' just makes it that much sweeter.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: Mechanic & Scion of Ethereal
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Yup! I've been banging around on my Mech and now I'm just capping a pure DWS version to compare with, will keep both of them capped and run some comparative raids and such.  Pretty fun though, BTW kudos on the 150 hide.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2016 at 12:04am by Grand »  

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Oops.. forgot Legendary Dreadnought action boosts are shit.. they share cooldowns with EVERYTHING.. so gonna redo my Destiny without them... 2 more Constitution isn't such a bad idea >_<

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 1:51am
Print Post  
What's funny is mechanics didn't need any DPS boosts. And then they added insightful skills in the loot pass.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
I'm still two levels off cap on this DWS, but at lv28 it's not coming anywhere near the Mech.  Even when I get ethereal it's going to be pretty far behind, not looking good at all.

Also having trouble getting that hide up top.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Who are these idiots playing repeater builds?  A fucking wf/bf wiz with 1 rog level can get all the traps in the game AND has far superior DPS; do these people think they're winning DDO?

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Everything dies so fast if you are a mech that i can't tell if hide is helping...

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 4th, 2016 at 12:13pm:
it's going to be pretty far behind, not looking good at all. 

Sorry to have to tell you G, it's going to get worse for you and Ethereal will just make the gap bigger. The pure archer build is on the bottom of the pecking order now, AA, DWS, doesn't matter. Only just ahead of a axe throwing Dwarf build at this point.

[] wrote on Jan 4th, 2016 at 12:28pm:
Who are these idiots playing repeater builds? 

Oh do shut up, and read next time, because this thread isn't about repeaters it's about mechanics and hide. Come to think of it you really shouldn't be posting in the build section at all, considering you don't know how manyshot works, or Drow spell resistance. Noob.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2016 at 1:39pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #8 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
I really need to do the math on on a 13 Rogue/6 Monk thrower with maxed Hide and Dex and SA Dice to see how much damage it puts out in LD. Scion of Ethereal Plane is equivalent to like 10 SA dice if you can get your Hide to 100.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 4th, 2016 at 2:13pm:
I really need to do the math on on a 13 Rogue/6 Monk thrower with maxed Hide and Dex and SA Dice to see how much damage it puts out in LD. Scion of Ethereal Plane is equivalent to like 10 SA dice if you can get your Hide to 100.

Sounds interesting. But if you do take Scion of Ethereal, just don't forget to grab the 'sneak of shadows' past life feat for another +30 hide, and +18 sneak attack damage as well, that's another 28 points of Sneak Attack damage scaling with Ranged power.  Best part is that it lasts for a full minute three times daily, and renews with TF invigoration.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #10 - Jan 4th, 2016 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Shit... I forgot about the TF invigoration.... but I have no phlogs so its moot point anyways. If I did.. would have to choose between my Divine Artillary and a Tier 3 TF...

On 2nd thought.. no I wouldn't. Would keep DA because of the Deception stacking with my Backstabbers. Too much SNeak Attack to pass up. Besides... if I can't finish a fight with the 3 minutes of the past life, I'm doing something wrong anyways...

Quote:
Sounds interesting. But if you do take Scion of Ethereal, just don't forget to grab the 'sneak of shadows' past life feat for another +30 hide, and +18 sneak attack damage as well, that's another 28 points of Sneak Attack damage scaling with Ranged power.  Best part is that it lasts for a full minute three times daily, and renews with TF invigoration. 

« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2016 at 4:27pm by Doggydaddy »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #11 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 10:21am
Print Post  
How much DPS would you say it costs you to get to 150 hide?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #12 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 2:42am
Print Post  
no clue since I tend to 1-shot on EE, except red-names which can still suffer secondary procs, and Im not losing DPS if Im constantly hitting with sneak attack and deception/improved deception

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #13 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Doggydaddy wrote on Jan 10th, 2016 at 2:42am:
no clue since I tend to 1-shot on EE, except red-names which can still suffer secondary procs, and Im not losing DPS if Im constantly hitting with sneak attack and deception/improved deception

How much ranged power are you able to sustain? When I ran the numbers previously it looked like around 120 was the break even point between Ethereal and Arborea IIRC.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #14 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
I don't know about the ranged power but most of time stuff takes 2 hits to die..

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
I love lining up multiple targets for Pin shot.. to be honest, I was never really a fan of Improved Precise while I was an Arti.. but my Mechanic only uses Archer Stance when I'm up high and just have too many great opportunities and know I wont have to bother with moving LOLZ

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #16 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 12:29am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:29pm:
to be honest, I was never really a fan of Improved Precise while I was an Arti

Actually firing the rune arm used to be a thing. When you do that, it makes you think single target/clump of mobs. IPS wants you to think in a string.

The different kill-shapes can complement each other, but single target/clump have a lot of synergy with the arti repertoire. String has limited synergy with most everything else that an arti can do.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
I have been playing with some ideas this week and I got my hide up to 193 peak, and near constant 163. using feats, twists, class, gear, LGS, consumables.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2016 at 2:02pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #18 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
IN LD you should be able to get your RP to like a sustainable 180-200 if you're using Quiver and ToEE set (im thinking thrower BTW).

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #19 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:

It's only +25 damage iirc, but yeah, combined with Scion of Ethereal it's really strong, about +40 damage after ranged/melee power which really adds up over three minutes.

5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 9th, 2016 at 10:21am:
How much DPS would you say it costs you to get to 150 hide?

Skills don't really eat into DPS... I don't know what OP is doing but you can break 100 easy when you're getting 66 from ranks/epic levels and tier2 LGS item alone.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #20 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Sgtgig wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 3:37pm:
Skills don't really eat into DPS... I don't know what OP is doing but you can break 100 easy when you're getting 66 from ranks/epic levels and tier2 LGS item alone.

100 hide isn't coming out ahead of Arborea. My figures say you need about ~150 hide @ ~120 ranged power to come out ahead. These guys say they can get it higher than 150, but only using feats, twists, gear, etc that have an opportunity cost. I have so far assumed that that cost is too high, but would love to be proved wrong if anyone has a detailed breakdown of the claimed 193 hide.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Human DWS ranger, lv 30, running in LD, or whatever, not dependent on a specific ED, but I do enjoy the Blitz range power so I run with that most of the time currently.

23 ranks in hide
10 Epic ranks hide
5  Skill tome
3  DWS, stealthy
1 Rogue past life, sneak of shadows +1 all skills
5 Epic hide
3 Ship buff Danger room, +3 hide
5 Hiding in plain sight, ranger lev 17
15 twist, in the weeds
10 Camouflage spell, circumstance
4 Ghostly, enhancement available various items, I use TF armor for some reason only gives +4
4 Greater heroism
22 Competence
11 insightful
6 Quality
20 Shadow cookies, from my stock of 4k, +20 untyped buff.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
147 base
+
23  Dexterity stat bonus, Dex at 57
170 normal rolling around
+
30 Sneak of Shadows past life, 3 X day at 1 min run time
---------------------------------------------------------------------
+4 Scion of Ethereal
204 For special heavy use

Currently I'm banging around with a 167/197 because I'm not sold on paying for that last 6 quality in Tier III and I keep forgetting to load my Imperial blood. 

Now I could go higher,

Consumables; I could use tensors, and Hezrou cookies, for more dex but I like to cast (so screw hezrou) and casting tensors gets on my tits pretty quickly, whereas chowing on the shadow cookies gives me the +20 hide, and 25% incorp, and I don't have to unequip my bow to eat it. So I use them, an additional benefit is the cosmetic change of the toon when I'm using the shadow cookies, I see the toon change back the moment they run out instead of tracking the tooltip at the top of the pages so I tend to keep shadow running a lot more consistently.   

Gear; I could squeeze in a +4 guild aug but waiting until after Cannith pass to look at that, I have skullduggery kit with +10 dodge which I do use from time to time, but it and the Manual of S.P. seem like wasted slots on my Ranger so I dont.

ED's; I usually run in LD, EA, or Crusader.  As far my sacrificing  use of ED's for this build I only use one twist for this build, that's it. At end game I can easily afford the one twist even a lev 4 twist. I could twist in SD's stealthy for another +6 but I tend to use my other slots to bump my Arcane Arrow's DC numbers, and use the last for utility. The +6 isn't worth it right now but I could add it.

Stats; I could definitely push my dex higher with Enhancements and feats but I tend to put my tree points into buffing my Wis for DC, and only use the level ups for Dex, so I kind of split the difference to keep the toon from being too one-sided.

So with all that I could buff up to a theoretical 234, but at that point it would have affected DPS, so why bother.

« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2016 at 7:18pm by »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #22 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Human DWS ranger, lv 30, running in LD, or whatever, not dependent on a specific ED, but I do enjoy the Blitz range power so I run with that most of the time currently.

23 ranks in hide
10 Epic ranks hide
5  Skill tome
3  DWS, stealthy
1 Rogue past life, sneak of shadows +1 all skills
5 Epic hide
3 Ship buff Danger room, +3 hide
5 Hiding in plain sight, ranger lev 17
15 twist, in the weeds
10 Camouflage spell, circumstance
4 Ghostly, enhancement available various items, I use TF armor for some reason only gives +4
4 Greater heroism
22 Competence
11 insightful
6 Quality
20 Shadow cookies, from my stock of 4k, +20 untyped buff.
147 base
+
23  Dexterity stat bonus, Dex at 57
170 normal rolling around
+
30 Sneak of Shadows past life, 3 X day at 1 min run time
---------------------------------------------------------------------
200 For special heavy use

Now I could go higher,

Consumables; I could use tensors, and Hezrou cookies, for more dex but I like to cast (so screw hezrou) and casting tensors gets on my tits pretty quickly, whereas chowing on the shadow cookies gives me the +20 hide, and 25% incorp, and I don't have to unequip my bow to eat it. So I use them, an additional benefit is the cosmetic change of the toon when I'm using the shadow cookies, I see the toon change back the moment they run out instead of tracking the tooltip at the top of the pages so I tend to keep shadow running a lot more consistently.   

Gear; I could squeeze in a +4 guild aug but waiting until after Cannith pass to look at that, I have skullduggery kit with +10 dodge which I do use from time to time, but the Manual but seems like a wasted slot on my Ranger so I dont.

ED's; I usually run in LD, EA, or Crusader.  As far my sacrificing  use of ED's for this build I only use one twist for this build, that's it. At end game I can easily afford the one twist even a lev 4 twist. I could twist in SD's stealthy for another +6 but I tend to use my other slots to bump my Arcane Arrow's DC numbers, and use the last for utility. The +6 isn't worth it right now but I could add it.

Stats; I could definitely push my dex higher with Enhancements and feats but I tend to put my tree points into buffing my Wis for DC, and only use the level ups for Dex, so I kind of split the difference to keep the toon from being too one-sided.

So with all that I could buff up to a theoretical 222, but at that point it would have affected DPS, so why bother.

Thanks.

I did my numbers for a mech, but it looks like there's much more synergy for ranger. Ranger isn't feat-starved like mech, so those don't hurt as much and you'll be main-statting Dex instead of Int. I'm still not sold on a level 4 twist for hide though since it doesn't do nearly as much on the move...when you could take Piercing Clarity or others.

Though if I were doing a bow ranger, I'd have elemental arrows, and Arborea would add on to that as well...

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 7:05pm:
Thanks.

I did my numbers for a mech, but it looks like there's much more synergy for ranger. Ranger isn't feat-starved like mech, so those don't hurt as much and you'll be main-statting Dex instead of Int. I'm still not sold on a level 4 twist for hide though since it doesn't do nearly as much on the move...when you could take Piercing Clarity or others.

Though if I were doing a bow ranger, I'd have elemental arrows, and Arborea would add on to that as well...

12 of one half dozen of another I guess eh? 

And for sure I wasn't starved for feats on the Ranger, but my Mech buys the sneak of shadows every time, but I don't buy Epic hide on the mech. Another factor is that my Ranger has piles of R.P. even outside of LD because I capstoned him as well. 

Anyway I updated for my theoretical, I almost forgot Ethereal gives another +4 skills on it's on as well.  I like weeds because it gives the +6 running or not, and I since I'm pure DWS capped I tend to pick a spot and unload so the additional +9 shows up before H.I.P.S. fills.  I also like the gravy dodge +6 buff I.T.W. gives. As for something like piercing clarity, I already have 70% fort bypass build in, ghost touch built in, and I have truesight from multiple source, meaning there is little reason to take it. I choose In the weeds because it can give me something that I can't get or duplicate outside of it (stackable +15 Hide, and 6 dodge), That's what I tend to use my twists for, instead of things I can duplicate by items and such. Granted without running Scion of Ethereal there would be little point, but with it, hide has a lot of payoff.

I just wish they had left it at 2/1 instead of changing it.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2016 at 7:31pm by »  

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
PM received. You happy now you cranky old fucker? I took my childish picture down.

You do konw it's a game right?
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2016 at 9:20pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint