Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Mechanic & Scion of Ethereal (Read 11579 times)
Holyavatar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Mechanic & Scion of Ethereal
Reply #25 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Human DWS ranger, lv 30, running in LD, or whatever, not dependent on a specific ED, but I do enjoy the Blitz range power so I run with that most of the time currently.

23 ranks in hide
10 Epic ranks hide
5  Skill tome
3  DWS, stealthy
1 Rogue past life, sneak of shadows +1 all skills
5 Epic hide
3 Ship buff Danger room, +3 hide
5 Hiding in plain sight, ranger lev 17
15 twist, in the weeds
10 Camouflage spell, circumstance
4 Ghostly, enhancement available various items, I use TF armor for some reason only gives +4
4 Greater heroism
22 Competence
11 insightful
6 Quality
20 Shadow cookies, from my stock of 4k, +20 untyped buff.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
147 base
+
23  Dexterity stat bonus, Dex at 57
--------------------------------------------------------------------
170 normal rolling around
+
30 Sneak of Shadows past life, 3 X day at 1 min run time
---------------------------------------------------------------------
+4 Scion of Ethereal
204 For special heavy use

Currently I'm banging around with a 167/197 because I'm not sold on paying for that last 6 quality in Tier III and I keep forgetting to load my Imperial blood. 

Now I could go higher,

Consumables; I could use tensors, and Hezrou cookies, for more dex but I like to cast (so screw hezrou) and casting tensors gets on my tits pretty quickly, whereas chowing on the shadow cookies gives me the +20 hide, and 25% incorp, and I don't have to unequip my bow to eat it. So I use them, an additional benefit is the cosmetic change of the toon when I'm using the shadow cookies, I see the toon change back the moment they run out instead of tracking the tooltip at the top of the pages so I tend to keep shadow running a lot more consistently.   

Gear; I could squeeze in a +4 guild aug but waiting until after Cannith pass to look at that, I have skullduggery kit with +10 dodge which I do use from time to time, but it and the Manual of S.P. seem like wasted slots on my Ranger so I dont.

ED's; I usually run in LD, EA, or Crusader.  As far my sacrificing  use of ED's for this build I only use one twist for this build, that's it. At end game I can easily afford the one twist even a lev 4 twist. I could twist in SD's stealthy for another +6 but I tend to use my other slots to bump my Arcane Arrow's DC numbers, and use the last for utility. The +6 isn't worth it right now but I could add it.

Stats; I could definitely push my dex higher with Enhancements and feats but I tend to put my tree points into buffing my Wis for DC, and only use the level ups for Dex, so I kind of split the difference to keep the toon from being too one-sided.

So with all that I could buff up to a theoretical 234, but at that point it would have affected DPS, so why bother.

Thanks for nice breakdown.
Btw you missed the +2 from Completionist,ranged toons can also choose +3 all skills from epic pastlifes. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2016 at 11:51pm by Holyavatar »  

IP Logged

Yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jan 22nd, 2016 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Holyavatar wrote on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 11:20pm:
Thanks for nice breakdown.
Btw you missed the +2 from Completionist

Thanks, hope it's helpful for people. I'll be curious to see what the chucker crowd does with it.

I didn't use a completionist toon, I was able to get by with one that had mostly multiple ranger, bard, wiz, rogue lives and full Destinies.  Other than the level ups I didn't really push the Dex very hard, concentrating on the Wisdom instead for decent DC's for the Terror, banish, smite, paralyzer arrows.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the great breakdown Yard, gives me lot's of ideas.

IP Logged

Yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Sure, happy to help, just throw me a bone when you guys use my starting points to create some ugly  FOTM that every mobo fanboi hate-posts about begging for a nerf.

That goes for you too Harhar.
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2016 at 7:59pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #29 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
wait, what idea? to take a feat that Turbine provided and use it?

Provide a build, get credit. It's not hard.

IP Logged

Yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Jan 24th, 2016 at 2:11am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 23rd, 2016 at 10:02pm:
wait, what idea? to take a feat that Turbine provided and use it?

Provide a build, get credit. It's not hard.

Hey dumbass, I said starting points, and throw a bone. You were the one who used the words idea and credit, which shouldn't be a surprise considering it's you should it? considering how rapacious you are for it over on the mombos. 

After all I only pointed out, and gave a full fucking list of all sources of how to get hide to 234, which I believe is higher than anything you cared to post yet...... but go ahead and act like a shitty tween, it suits you.  

Anyway, see what you can do with it and call it your own for all I care, I don't give a fuck, and we all know you would anyway even if someone posted a complete build nuts to cap that you took a shine to.
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2016 at 2:14am by »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #31 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 11:40am
Print Post  
I wonder if the +15 from the Shadar Kai racial buff on others stacks? May be useful if you dual+box.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2016 at 11:40am by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #32 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
you can have eternal credit for making a list of sources of Hide. Thank you for that.

IP Logged

Yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Sandyvag can't read it seems, you are the one obsessed with 'credit' not moi, just ask Firewall.  Also, I didn't just list sources of hide now did I? no, I produced a combination that well exceeded any hide score set-up that you had yet to produce, and I took the time to lay it all out point by point.

But thanks for saying thank you, at least you got that part right Sobsob, when you no doubt post "your great hide" build on the mobo in your endless chase for attention I will wish you all the best.

IP Logged

Yardarm
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jan 25th, 2016 at 11:40am:
I wonder if the +15 from the Shadar Kai racial buff on others stacks? May be useful if you dual+box.

I will have to try that at some point to find out if it does, I would have to think that it would being that it is a boost property.  I almost never run S.D.K. but it could be fun, but using the +15% boost would cost the boost of ranged power so it may not be worth it. +30 Ranged power scaling total sneak attack damage would most likely trump the 5 points that boost would produce.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2016 at 3:38pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #35 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Also, I didn't just list sources of hide now did I? no, I produced a combination that well exceeded any hide score set-up that you had yet to produce, and I took the time to lay it all out point by point.

Um lol...otherwise known as a list of sources of hide

And i never tried nor claimed to produce a lot of sources of hide.

You will fight about anything. When was the last time you got laid?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #36 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 25th, 2016 at 8:46pm:
When was the last time you got laid?

I asked the question a while back: what kind of self-loathing, completely worthless faggot can't even GET dick?  Apparently, it's Yardarm/Gland/yardarm_

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #37 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:04pm:
I'm still butthurted because the manyshot.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I will have to try that at some point to find out if it does, I would have to think that it would being that it is a boost property.  I almost never run S.D.K. but it could be fun, but using the +15% boost would cost the boost of ranged power so it may not be worth it. +30 Ranged power scaling total sneak attack damage would most likely trump the 5 points that boost would produce.

Yard we know that you are starting at a deficit, but you really need to put some points into people skills. As Jakeelala's own experiences have shown in the past, Charisma is not a dump stat.

You both have some really good info and fresh ideas, but reading threads with you two exchanging posts is as uncomfortable as being in a a car with two heavy spectrum Aspergers boys on the way to a math contest. It's like a episode of Big bang theory without any jokes, boobs, or laugh track.

IMHO.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #39 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yard we know that you are starting at a deficit, but you really need to put some points into people skills. As Jakeelala's own experiences have shown in the past, Charisma is not a dump stat.

I thought faggots went out of their way to be witty and personable; no wonder he can't even GET dick.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:20pm:
Lame attempt to fit in

Go away. Go back to the other sections you have no business being in this section. To wit: you don't understand the game, you don't play the game, you didn't even understand how Manyshot worked when you were playing the game. That means you have nothing of value to add or anything to say that matters here and you're only posting here for attention and because Yardarm made you look the fool again.

« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:40pm by »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #41 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
What about me makes you think I'm trying to fit in?

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #42 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
The way you keep begging for attention, lying and shifting topic to save face, and claiming you're the greatest troll on the vault?

fyi, you're doing an equally shitty job at all three.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #43 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
amidoinitrite?!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Big bang theory without any jokes

one of the most not funny shows I have ever not watched more than a minute of.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Jan 25th, 2016 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:45pm:
What about me makes you think I'm trying to fit in?

Go away. You don't have anything to add here. When you learn the new changes, Learn the new feats, learn how to play, and learn how Manyshot works you can come back and post in this section. Until then, anything you post in here is just a cry for attention and a pathetic attempts to fit in where you don't matter or belong.

Dullknife wrote on Jan 25th, 2016 at 9:51pm:
The way you keep begging for attention, lying and shifting topic to save face, and claiming you're the greatest troll on the vault?

fyi, you're doing an equally shitty job at all three.

Those are all true, add pretending to know how the game works and failing to that list as well.
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2016 at 10:40pm by »  

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #46 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 6:20am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jan 25th, 2016 at 10:06pm:
'DERRR HAI GUIZ WATS GOIN' ON?!

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #47 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 6:43am
Print Post  
Quote:

I read it whilst dicking around on my SDK Mech and I'm pretty sure it's a straight +15 not 15%, if I'm reading the description right. I mentioned it 'cos it doesn't specify a bonus type, which with Turbine ime means either it will be an odd stacking one or they were lazy and it's an enhancement bonus. Smiley I would test but I don't have anywhere near those sources of Hide listed to check the stacking, I'm a filthy casual these days.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Jan 26th, 2016 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
+15% would be better than a straight +15 score overall.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint