Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 14pally/6 rogue?? Help please, returning after 3y (Read 4421 times)
Mooshinator
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

14pally/6 rogue?? Help please, returning after 3y
Jan 30th, 2016 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Hey everyone, returning to ddo after 3 years so I'm pretty in the dark as to current builds (though it seems there's a lot of parity these days). I've been reading the forums, and the a 14pally/6 rogue holy repeater build was mentioned. I like the idea, seems like it would be versatile and self-sustainable maybe. How's the dps?

I also couldn't find an actual build on it, can anyone help me with that please? Would be really grateful. 32 point build no past lives Sad

Thanks everyone!

P.S. If this build isn't really viable anymore (nerfs and what not) i'd be looking for another repeater or gxbow rogue build going for most dps with that.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2016 at 2:07am by Mooshinator »  

IP Logged

Whatamidoing
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: 14pally/6 rogue?? Help please, returning after 3y
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Hey, I have been looking into this myself. I think you are talking about the build that has been referred to as the "bring a gun to a knife fight"  You might have a problem getting combat archery, as tomes +6 required and 36pt build I think.

I decided to go the pure rogue route, although a lot of people take 2 artificer (I think one reason is to get the ammo). I don't have artificer, although I like the pure rogue anyway (nice capstone I believe).

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/460624-Bringing-a-Gun-to-a-Knife-Fight...
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2016 at 3:14am by Whatamidoing »  

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 3:22am
Print Post  
Pure rogue is a great capstone, and you can always scroll the bolts, vendor is in house C. With pure I'd favour great xbow over repeater.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 4:08am
Print Post  
Whatamidoing wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 3:08am:
as tomes +6 required and 36pt build I think.

just dont max int. leave it at 16-15

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Mooshinator
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 8:04am
Print Post  
wow thanks for the quick responses! I think i still want to try the pally/rogue way and just not max the int, or maybe only take 14 con. would that be viable as well?

also, sorry if it's a  dumb question but does this build rely on having to sneak around all the time?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #5 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Obvious troll is obvious; ya'll some bait-taking ass kniggerbockers!

IP Logged

Mooshinator
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 10:49am
Print Post  
huh?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #7 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Atta boy: NEVER cop to trolling. 

I break that rule all the time, but it's because my victims come back for more; regardless of what I do.  You don't have that kind of pull.

IP Logged

Mooshinator
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 11:07am
Print Post  
how is asking for help trolling? been gone forever and never really played rogues/ranged builds

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #9 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 11:14am
Print Post  

Lemme 'splain 'sumpin to ya, son: I've been around.  You feel me, boy?  Daddy done BEEN places, and daddy done seen some SHIT; unnastand?

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #10 - Jan 30th, 2016 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 11:14am:
I like huge black dicks. 

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #11 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Mooshinator wrote on Jan 30th, 2016 at 1:46am:
Hey everyone, returning to ddo after 3 years so I'm pretty in the dark as to current builds (though it seems there's a lot of parity these days). I've been reading the forums, and the a 14pally/6 rogue holy repeater build was mentioned. I like the idea, seems like it would be versatile and self-sustainable maybe. How's the dps?

I also couldn't find an actual build on it, can anyone help me with that please? Would be really grateful. 32 point build no past lives Sad

Thanks everyone!

P.S. If this build isn't really viable anymore (nerfs and what not) i'd be looking for another repeater or gxbow rogue build going for most dps with that.

This is generally considered to be the best build to use to play end game effectively without requiring a lot of past lives, or gearing. 

A very solid choice.

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #12 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
I just got done doing a Paladin past life with this build on an iconic. My split was 14 Pal/5 Rogue/1 Artificer.

The builder suggests using Epic Fatal Flaw (Heavy Repeater) on master's blitz. It's really tough to keep a full Master's Blitz going on a great crossbow. If you want to go Legendary Dreadnaught or Shiradi, use the heavy repeater.

However, I enjoyed Fury of the Wild on my Great Crossbow.  Fury Eternal and Unbridled Fury totally charge while using the great crossbow, and I was cleaning up in EE content.

Consider investing a little into Charisma, as my lay on hands and saves were a little weak sauce for sitting on 14 Paladin. That was my bad for not putting more points and gearing for charisma.

Be prepared to take aggro. The DPS is really good if you have some doubleshot in there. If you're rolling with a group and the melee is weak, they're going to come for you.  Have Pin and Otto's Whistler loaded if you can. Or wait until the mobs have taken a couple hits and Kill Steal.

If the melee's complain because you're kiting, tell them to fuck themselves and to roll Supreme Cleavage.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Nubicus wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 12:52pm:
Be prepared to take aggro. The DPS is really good if you have some doubleshot in there. If you're rolling with a group and the melee is weak, they're going to come for you.  Have Pin and Otto's Whistler loaded if you can. Or wait until the mobs have taken a couple hits and Kill Steal.

One of my favorite new activities in LH shroud is watching our new Mechanic overlords freak the fuck out when the mobs go after them.  Grin  I always get a good laugh when they go to one-shot heaven, and if you're really lucky they will squeal over chat in a panic when it happens. The warlocks and I just laugh and laugh and laugh and.....

Nobody told the new legion of Mechdpsr's that there was a price to pay to head the kill count.  Cheesy Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2016 at 5:32pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #14 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 5:31pm:
One of my favorite new activities in LH shroud is watching our new Mechanic overlords freak the fuck out when the mobs go after them.  Grin  I always get a good laugh when they go to one-shot heaven, and if you're really lucky they will squeal over chat in a panic when it happens. The warlocks and I just laugh and laugh and laugh and.....

Nobody told the new legion of Mechdpsr's that there was a price to pay to head the kill count.  Cheesy Grin Grin Grin

The struggle is real. AC is so fucking meaningless now, and it's hard to fit enough PRR on to the toon without loosing evasion.

In Legendary I'd wait for someone to start attacking, and then start firing, and when they started running after me I'd squeal like Ricky Bobby when he thought he was on fire.

At one point I considered slapping on Medium to heavy armor and making a deep investment into Sacred Defender, but that ultimately would kill me point spend into Assassin.

In the end, I said fuck it and TR'd into a Wolf build. I may try rerolling the Paladin Shooter after I get some more Epic Past lives under my belt.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2016 at 5:44pm by Nubicus »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #15 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Remi takes every piece of bait, every time, no exceptions.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #16 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 6:42pm:
i take every piece of semen, every time, no exceptions.

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 6:42pm:
Remi takes every piece of bait, every time, no exceptions.

How does Remi laughing at Mechanics getting killed humorously in shroud runs ever qualify as 'taking the bait' princess? Are your standards for victory so low that ever time you take a piss you congratulate yourself for beating liquids?  Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:12pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #18 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
^...he just can't stop stuffing bait in his mouth like so much cock.  ^

Cheesy

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Nubicus wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 5:43pm:
The struggle is real. AC is so fucking meaningless now, and it's hard to fit enough PRR on to the toon without loosing evasion.

In Legendary I'd wait for someone to start attacking, and then start firing, and when they started running after me I'd squeal like Ricky Bobby when he thought he was on fire.

At one point I considered slapping on Medium to heavy armor and making a deep investment into Sacred Defender, but that ultimately would kill me point spend into Assassin.

In the end, I said fuck it and TR'd into a Wolf build. I may try rerolling the Paladin Shooter after I get some more Epic Past lives under my belt.

I think Remi and all the other Melee suckers would prefer that you skip going wolf and continue with the Mech/Ricky Bobby thing man, sounds fucking funny as hell. 

Think of it as dinner-theater, it's Dps & a show  Grin

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #20 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Keep nibbling at it, faggot.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:13pm:
^...he just can't stop stuffing bait in his mouth like so much cock.  ^

Cheesy

Which mean you were talking out of your ass again and can't even point out what the fuck you were trying to claim...  hows that feel kid? that's some fine self-humiliating even for you it was quick from dumbass statement to reckoning.

You're really starting to look desperate kid, and upset.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #22 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
lol

She can't take it for too long.
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:20pm by ILoveExploits »  

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
You're not wrong man, she's jealous the other fuckwit is taking her spam attention. It's what happens when mothers don't teach their girls the difference between good and bad attention.

Fucking hell I wish Strake would institute a minimum intelligence test to get on to the Vault. Something to make sure you have to have the mental capacity of a 12 year old to post, we could clean the fuckwits out and if he goes with that 12 year old threshold I should just be able to squeeze by.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #24 - Feb 1st, 2016 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Don't bruise the back of your throat going down on that BAIT!

Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint