Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Great Terror (Read 93179 times)
davenot
Ex Member

Re: The Great Terror
Reply #100 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 11:59am:
i already have it at rank 94 on live. Not sure how long to get to 30, we'll see.

Grin do you sleep?????

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #101 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
a little.

my day job is no cakewalk either

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #102 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 10:05pm:
PSA: You can't take quickdraw at level 1. I have had to change the leveling order of this build (its fine though)

Please see snapshot attached but the order is now:

1Warlock
6Ranger
12Monk
1Warlock

this allows Spell Focus enchant at lvl 1.

http://s28.postimg.org/3lrryseh5/Screen_Shot_2016_03_03_at_8_03_25_PM.jpg

I really like what you did on this Jakeelala, very fit.   Have you thought about switching out 'Harbinger of Chaos' for 'Arcane warrior'?  You could spend that last free AP point you have on Enlightened Spirit's Core I Eldritch Aura, it only procs once every 5 seconds, but that combined with a couple ranger's entangles and you could probably get it up to 20 stacks and maintain as long as your aura is tic'ing off. You will have basically a permanent +20 spell power from all the Shuriken hits! you won't fill up the ranged power side as fast but it would still get there to +20 ranged power and it should be doable to keep it maintained. 

Also what are you thinking about taking in the DC tree?
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2016 at 1:39pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #103 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 1:38pm:
I really like what you did on this Jakeelala, very fit.   Have you thought about switching out 'Harbinger of Chaos' for 'Arcane warrior'?  You could spend that last free AP point you have on Enlightened Spirit's Core I Eldritch Aura, it only procs once every 5 seconds, but that combined with a couple ranger's entangles and you could probably get it up to 20 stacks and maintain as long as your aura is tic'ing off. You will have basically a permanent +20 spell power from all the Shuriken hits! you won't fill up the ranged power side as fast but it would still get there to +20 ranged power and it should be doable to keep it maintained. 

Also what are you thinking about taking in the DC tree?

Hey thanks. What can I say? I had a very solid template with your build to just shoehorn into a thrower. My only real serious contribution outside of gear choices and general Thrower min max was the Warlock piece for Steal the Taint or whatever it's called.

No idea yet on DC. I did go lawful good this life so I can have good breaking DR for once, eLitany be damned. That and I guess +6 Wisdom.
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2016 at 2:00pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #104 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
I'm very interested to look into Primal Avatar as well now that you made a compelling case for it.

Honestly I haven't done the math yet, but SD gives another DC based Ranged kill option with the activated attack, I'm sort of thinking if I can find a way to make that work. But in all honesty I might just run in Fury with 2 less DC than than DivCru and maintain the massive Red Named DPS is offers, and mobs that dont die to terror quickly with get an Adren/Sniper shot to the mouth in short order. Smiley

Lots of fun ways I can see to play this build.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #105 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
If Primal, why not Shiradi? 6 wis and 24 RP like Primal but five minutes of 4 or 10 temporary wis from tea instead of 2 from spirit boon.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #106 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 10:46pm:
If Primal, why not Shiradi? 6 wis and 24 RP like Primal but five minutes of 4 or 10 temporary wis from tea instead of 2 from spirit boon.

yes, and on a thrower it makes more sense, by saving a twist or two. Plus, Nerve Venom is rad.

It will somewhat gimp your Red Named DPS tho
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2016 at 11:03pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Re: The Great Terror primal
Reply #107 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Quote:
I like what you did, what are you seeing is the down sides compared to the original Terror or is this version stronger?

I like the EA's higher DCs, the cores, the healing buffs, and the self rez can be very habit forming. But the Primal version is very good in it's own way as well.

gibbon wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 10:46pm:

Shiradi makes a fine terror, but the wis buff for only 5 minutes once a day can often be too short for my tastes. Pin and Otto's +3[w] pays big dividends on the GxB for damage, but most of the other shiradi pluses like damage and debuffs feel wasted when I run a Terror in it because by design I'm insta-killing most of the stuff before the Sharidi stuff can come to bear.

But perhaps in someways I'm also being a bit contrary, so I will just repeat that shiradi can indeed be a fine Terror ED, not my favorite but perfectly effective.
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:26am by »  

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #108 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Nice builds guys.  Will try one on my thrower.

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:11am:
But perhaps in someways I'm also being a bit contrary,

^This!  You just wanted to show you could make a evil ranged killing machine that ran on EA and Primal because.... who the fuck would do that!  Grin Grin Grin

Secrets out now.  Wink

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #110 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 2:16am
Print Post  
Quote:
Looking good, this will be a fun and nasty bit of work to play.

Only thing I would point out is that you shouldn't have 'Taint the Blood' as a automatic +4 DC for a couple very important reasons.

First of all just like shaken it's a debuff not a DC buff that's a big difference especially in the first few seconds, debuffs are great but they are not the same as active DC buffs and shouldn't be listed as such, active DCs take effect immediately while de-buffs by nature require conditions be met before they impact the event. All which takes additional time, and even with short ones like Shaken (only needs to hit once to debuff the following) that's just not anywhere near the same as a active DC number. Still helpful but not nearly as important. Especially in the proc chasing speed nature of these builds where wasted time immediately become wasted Vorps.  

But much more importantly for your build; you have to hit the target 4 times for you to get that -4 fort debuff.  And the real difficulty with that is the 1 second internal timer on the 'Taint' ability, unlike similar abilities with ranks that apply an immediate multiple.  So you can get the -4 fort, but it will take 3 secs for your build to do it.

I definitely still think 'taint the blood' is worth it, but you shouldn't refer to it in your Active DC, and should be prepared for the Vorpals that will fail in those early seconds.

Looking forward to seeing what else you guys do.

So, turns out this is completely and totally inaccurate. I just tested on a bunch of mobs in Kings Forest. I consistently went from 0 stacks to 2,3, or even 4 with one throw animation.

I have no idea how you tested this but you did a poor job.

Taint the the Blood is amaze for this build.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #111 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 3:30am
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2016 at 3:31am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #112 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 2:16am:
So, turns out this is completely and totally inaccurate. I just tested on a bunch of mobs in Kings Forest. I consistently went from 0 stacks to 2,3, or even 4 with one throw animation.

I have no idea how you tested this but you did a poor job.

Taint the the Blood is amaze for this build.

Confirmed, my latest test was over two weeks ago. Now, post update/hotfuxs it's clearly is operating similarly to dispel and shattermantle.  I still think it's disingenuous to post DCs that take vaious debuffs as a given but clearly it is working to debuff. So now you will take 1.4-2.8 seconds to achieve -4 fort. Which while very good is still not immediate, and wastes the first 1 or 2 shots to higher DC.

I guess you and I will have just have to disagree to disagree on the subject.

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #113 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
You have both made your points pretty clearly, so I think now maybe you can let the matter drop before it totally derails a pretty productive thread all right?

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #114 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:47am:
^This!  You just wanted to show you could make a evil ranged killing machine that ran on EA and Primal because.... who the fuck would do that!  Grin Grin Grin

Secrets out now.  Wink

Going to start working on a new sickle wielding Barbarian/Magister next.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #115 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Confirmed, my latest test was over two weeks ago. Now, post update/hotfuxs it's clearly is operating similarly to dispel and shattermantle.  I still think it's disingenuous to post DCs that take vaious debuffs as a given but clearly it is working to debuff. So now you will take 1.4-2.8 seconds to achieve -4 fort. Which while very good is still not immediate, and wastes the first 1 or 2 shots to higher DC.

I guess you and I will have just have to disagree to disagree on the subject.   

as I very clearly showed in my video it to 1 throw which is .7 seconds to reach 4 stacks. That's also, incidentally, how long it takes to to get a vorpal, since you know, you have to throw to get a vorpal.

I'm not really sure where you're coming from here, did you complain about DC being listed with Arcane Insight in it in Steelstars build? I don't know if you just want to be right or you really think there's some sort of argument to be had here. Steel requested the matter be shelved or taken elsewhere, so come complain in my thread about it if you still have a problem.
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2016 at 6:40pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #116 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 9:21pm:
actually making it and playing it means your ideas have to really submit to the limits of points

Good advice for any other enthused readers thinking about this or other builds with stretching goals.

Took me a good time in-game to realise this. Just because it works for someone else doesn't mean it'll work for me, be that skills, different PL/power base, gear issues, whatever. I don't think I've ever built an exact copy of someone else's build because even if I tried I don't have a plethora of PL and BTC gear on all my chars. It is relatively simple to downscale a high end character though - if you have good twitch skills, or you play epic normal you throwaway CON, that kind of thing.

Some here think builds will only run min/max, or don't think it but it makes sense to present builds that way.

It's always worth an ask of the OP but builds that say they're only for the best or the fully-buffed char generally can be adapted.

(Wasn't replying at you, not aimed at you, just your comments made me think about my early to mid days building.)

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #117 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Great thoughts, I put a large disclaimer on the GT because so many of those qualities like PLs, Tomes, etc.. because I wanted to be upfront and not have someone build into a character come up short on DCs and feel mislead. I would rather have them end up with too much DC than too little.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #118 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Sorry, was just catching up on the rest of the thread. Smiley

Oh absolutely, wasn't aimed at your post or anything, more just the early discussion in the thread about it got me thinking and that comment seemed like a good jumping off point.

It's all about whether the design goal can still be met in the environment you plan to play in. Now I run primarily in eH due to time constraints and need for afks I can be a lot more loose with APs, certain abilities, gear, etc. when I'm in that play mode. (Game's easy enough at that tier, right? Smiley )

So yeah it was more I didn't want any passing readers to feel totally discouraged, there's usually someone around here who could help you squeeze it so you do bare minimum tomes, use level ups in place of them, drop non-essential feats, that kind of jazz.

Anyway, great build idea. Love the lateral thinking. No doubt this'll catch a balance pass. I would roll one myself but I'm on a break and I'm guessing they'll be done toning you down by the time I'm back in regular business. Wink

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Mar 6th, 2016 at 5:22pm:
No doubt this'll catch a balance pass.

That is Turbines most sincere form of flattery isn't it?  Grin 

I don't think it's a great idea to post it anywhere myself, at least it hasn't spread to the masses over on the mobos. I can just guess how loud the whining for a nerf would be.

(yes Steel, that is a hint to keep it off the mobo guys)
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2016 at 6:05pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 4:35am:
and 25% incorporeal that incorporeal stacks with other forms like the LGS incorp % for a stacked 39%,

how are you testing this?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

People kill guns
Ex Member

Reply #121 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Holy shit this build is sweet, I didn't have the 3Xdoubleshot live yet but I just ETR'd it and actually look forward to grinding out the next two. 

BTW the griefing potential is HUGE, if you find the right kill score obsessed dork to torment, or Casters to piss off while you ignore SR.  When people start accusing you of hacking or exploiting you know you are on the right track.
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2016 at 3:50pm by »  

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #122 - Mar 23rd, 2016 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
I've had this happen as well, first few mins you are PK'ing stuff, meanwhile the caster starts commenting about how his spell pen isn't doing the trick and none of his spells are landing. A few mins after that they will ask who just PK'd some mob, then a few mins later when you proc 3-4 PK's all at once in a group of mobs with a Endless fusilade and they figure it out.

Then they really start bitching.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #123 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
They just need to git gud. Or roll a warlock.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #124 - Mar 24th, 2016 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Shuriken bypass the ICD for all shurikens midair. The ICD applies to new attacks within 1 second after a hit.

Repeaters/GxB generally eat all the ICD. I never tested if double shot allowed you to bypass ICD once.
« Last Edit: Mar 24th, 2016 at 11:40pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Send TopicPrint