Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Great Terror (Read 93414 times)
Ire
Korthos Resident

Re: The Great Terror
Reply #75 - Feb 28th, 2016 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
3rd isn't it?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #76 - Feb 28th, 2016 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
So here's a major updated snapshot after forest's good input on some funky feat locations and suggestion to add Dispelling shot.

Major Changes:

-Dropped Bard PL and GSF: Enchant (-2 DC)
-Added 2 Levels of Warlock and Subtracted 2 Levels of Fighter.
-Spend 2 Ap for Bloody Taint in Soul Eater (-1 Fort Save on Ranged attacks, stacks 4x for +4 DC on Terror Arrows basically every throw)
-Updated gear a bit, and relevant calcs. Net -2 Dex as a result
-Final DC in Divine Crusader is 79, 83 basically always from Bloody Taint, and 85 once object is Shaken from Terror Arrows. Forest notes this initial Fear save is 15 or so DC lower than PK, but should be noted it's a Will save, meaning almost everything will have failed the save immediately. I ran a Para arrow build and in LE everything was paralyzed immediately with a mediocre 60 DC. PK is 91 with Arcane Insight Active.
-Current Build has 3 AP left over, so could conceivably find 2 more Wisdom in Trees for another +1 DC
-This is before any buffs outside of personal ones (Tenser, Yugo Pots). 

« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2016 at 7:18pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #77 - Feb 28th, 2016 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 28th, 2016 at 7:11pm:
Bloody Taint

Why are you so fascinated by this?

IP Logged

Myth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Mar 2nd, 2016 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
what would be the ideal gear set up?

IP Logged

loutka
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
So here's a major updated snapshot after forest's good input on some funky feat locations and suggestion to add Dispelling shot.

Major Changes:

-Spend 2 Ap for Bloody Taint in Soul Eater (-1 Fort Save on Ranged attacks, stacks 4x for +4 DC on Terror Arrows basically every throw)
-Final DC in Divine Crusader is 79, 83 basically always from Bloody Taint, and 85 once object is Shaken from Terror Arrows. Forest notes this initial Fear save is 15 or so DC lower than PK, but should be noted it's a Will save, meaning almost everything will have failed the save immediately. I ran a Para arrow build and in LE everything was paralyzed immediately with a mediocre 60 DC. PK is 91 with Arcane Insight Active.
-Current Build has 3 AP left over, so could conceivably find 2 more Wisdom in Trees for another +1 DC

http://s14.postimg.org/vctl4dl5p/Screen_Shot_2016_02_28_at_5_10_55_PM.jpg

HI What you mean Neck:Griphon ?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #80 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
THe neckalce from the Devils update I think it's called the Gryphons Mane

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #81 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Ha! ninja'd me while I was typing and double checking Jakee.

The lion's mane is part of the Griffon set.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2016 at 6:40pm by »  

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #82 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Also hope you guys don't mind me adding in my 2 coppers but the missus and I ran a pair of Great terrors on all the Guild raids this week, brilliant build BTW.

By taking all the mech, blinding, and coughing up for +3 fate point tome we added Echoes of the ancestors instead of pierce the gloom. After all that, and a couple nights of testing we averaged 1 vorpal every 4.3 seconds on the GxB, so pretty cool.  The best way to test it we found was to turn off the terror because the Vorpal knockdown is much easier to spot repeatedly or in quick succession because it doesn't block out the view of other vorps like the flash PK visual effect can. And of Course we also did it with IPS turned off, and the best system we found was to turn off the Fletching and time 100 bolts while a separate party counted the knockdown/vorps while I tracked my bolts and timer. 

Okay, now our non-boosted Vorpal rate is:GxB 1 vorpal every 4.3 seconds.  Endless fusilade procs an average of 3 Vorpals per EF for a Vorpal rate of 1 vorpal every 2.3 seconds.  We stopped even bothering with manyshot because even with a hast boost (LD) we were only getting 80 in twenty seconds bring the Vorpal rate to 1 every 5, which isn't going to cut it.

So rates were:

GXB                    1 vorpal every 4.3 seconds
EF(GxB)              1 vorpal every 2.3 seconds
Manyshot            1 vorpal every  5 seconds   booooooo!
W/boost               

I'm turning a Capped DWS I have into a thrower verson tonight, going to be using a Deep Gnome.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2016 at 7:35pm by »  

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #83 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm turning a Capped DWS I have into a thrower verson tonight, going to be using a Deep Gnome.

What are you going to call it? The Tiny Terror?  Cool Cool

Shouldn't a Deep Gnome use a hammer if he is throwing? can't help but think that thing will either look weird (shuriken & Gnome?) or gimped from going the hammer route.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #84 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
What are you going to call it? The Tiny Terror?  Cool Cool

Shouldn't a Deep Gnome use a hammer if he is throwing? can't help but think that thing will either look weird (shuriken & Gnome?) or gimped from going the hammer route.

Tiny Terror isn't bad, I was leaning toward DeathStar

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #85 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Also hope you guys don't mind me adding in my 2 coppers but the missus and I ran a pair of Great terrors on all the Guild raids this week, brilliant build BTW.

By taking all the mech, blinding, and coughing up for +3 fate point tome we added Echoes of the ancestors instead of pierce the gloom. After all that, and a couple nights of testing we averaged 1 vorpal every 4.3 seconds on the GxB, so pretty cool.  The best way to test it we found was to turn off the terror because the Vorpal knockdown is much easier to spot repeatedly or in quick succession because it doesn't block out the view of other vorps like the flash PK visual effect can. And of Course we also did it with IPS turned off, and the best system we found was to turn off the Fletching and time 100 bolts while a separate party counted the knockdown/vorps while I tracked my bolts and timer. 

Okay, now our non-boosted Vorpal rate is:GxB 1 vorpal every 4.3 seconds.  Endless fusilade procs an average of 3 Vorpals per EF for a Vorpal rate of 1 vorpal every 2.3 seconds.  We stopped even bothering with manyshot because even with a hast boost (LD) we were only getting 80 in twenty seconds bring the Vorpal rate to 1 every 5, which isn't going to cut it.

So rates were:

GXB                    1 vorpal every 4.3 seconds
EF(GxB)              1 vorpal every 2.3 seconds
Manyshot            1 vorpal every  5 seconds   booooooo!
W/boost               

Very cool. Glad you like Steels build, but I'm even more glad you're trying the thrower.

I'm TR'ing my main right now Smiley

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #86 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The Tiny Terror? 

That's gold baby!

I going to be using shuriken with a throwing hammer cosmetic, the damage profile for the shuriken absolutely sucks a big donkey dick but I want the 'expertise' and ninja training.

The Tiny Terror!

harharharhar wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 9:49pm:
Very cool. Glad you like Steels build, but I'm even more glad you're trying the thrower.

I'm TR'ing my main right now Smiley

Best way to compare! and now I will have two toons with which to drive kill-count whores insane! Seriously you should hear them bitch!  Cool

harharharhar wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 9:49pm:
Tiny Terror isn't bad, I was leaning toward DeathStar

Steelstar and company were calling his thrower variant 'The Scrarestar', but you are only allowed to call one you make a Tiny Terror if it uses a Gnome,  any halfings using this stuff have to be call 'The Scared Half to Death!' build.  Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2016 at 9:58pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #87 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
PSA: You can't take quickdraw at level 1. I have had to change the leveling order of this build (its fine though)

Please see snapshot attached but the order is now:

1Warlock
6Ranger
12Monk
1Warlock

this allows Spell Focus enchant at lvl 1.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #88 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That's gold baby!

I going to be using shuriken with a throwing hammer cosmetic, the damage profile for the shuriken absolutely sucks a big donkey dick but I want the 'expertise' and ninja training.

The Tiny Terror!

Best way to compare! and now I will have two toons with which to drive kill-count whores insane! Seriously you should hear them bitch!  Cool

Steelstar and company were calling his thrower variant 'The Scrarestar', but you are only allowed to call one you make a Tiny Terror if it uses a Gnome,  any halfings using this stuff have to be call 'The Scared Half to Death!' build.  Grin

DDO died when these homosexual millennial faggots got a hold of the game.  Early on, when it was mostly adults, with their heads out of their asses, the game was great.  Read that shit.  Read that shit that faggot wrote and tell me it's not a window into his pathetic fucking soul.  Forget about running with someone like that, can you imagine living with someone like that?  Having someone like that in your family, circle of friends?  Fuck no.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #89 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
I fucked up, if you take a Warlock level early you wont get master of forms in time for grandmasters of forms.

I think it needs to be

1W
5m
4R
7m
1R
1W

Too late for me this like, but I can eat a lesser to fix it. I'll update soon'ish

All the feats would be the same except you would take 10k at 11, get Manyshot at 19.
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2016 at 11:27pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 11:24pm:
I fucked up, if you take a Warlock level early you wont get master of forms in time for grandmasters of forms.

I think it needs to be

1W
5m
4R
7m
1R
1W

Too late for me this like, but I can eat a lesser to fix it. I'll update soon'ish

All the feats would be the same except you would take 10k at 11, get Manyshot at 19.

That sucks. I hate when that happens even after a decade of the game you can still find yourself in a bind for feats like that. Always seems to happen to me when I'm using +20LRs. 

These builds are looking outrageously good, between all the ideas you gents are throwing around I'm guessing they will have to start working on a nerf for the next update. And is there any greater praise then having a build concept nerfed because it's doing to much?  In the last week or so I have started seeing the number of ranged PK artist growing very quickly. 

Excellent stuff.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #91 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 1:23am
Print Post  

Major Changes:

http://s14.postimg.org/vctl4dl5p/Screen_Shot_2016_02_28_at_5_10_55_PM.jpg

Looking good, this will be a fun and nasty bit of work to play.

Only thing I would point out is that you shouldn't have 'Taint the Blood' as a automatic +4 DC for a couple very important reasons.

First of all just like shaken it's a debuff not a DC buff that's a big difference especially in the first few seconds, debuffs are great but they are not the same as active DC buffs and shouldn't be listed as such, active DCs take effect immediately while de-buffs by nature require conditions be met before they impact the event. All which takes additional time, and even with short ones like Shaken (only needs to hit once to debuff the following) that's just not anywhere near the same as a active DC number. Still helpful but not nearly as important. Especially in the proc chasing speed nature of these builds where wasted time immediately become wasted Vorps.  

But much more importantly for your build; you have to hit the target 4 times for you to get that -4 fort debuff.  And the real difficulty with that is the 1 second internal timer on the 'Taint' ability, unlike similar abilities with ranks that apply an immediate multiple.  So you can get the -4 fort, but it will take 3 secs for your build to do it.

I definitely still think 'taint the blood' is worth it, but you shouldn't refer to it in your Active DC, and should be prepared for the Vorpals that will fail in those early seconds.

Looking forward to seeing what else you guys do.
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2016 at 1:40am by »  

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

The Great Terror primal
Reply #92 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 4:35am
Print Post  
I had a couple of people inquire about leveling in a primal sphere and whether that would still be viable. It is viable, you do lose 1 DC but you do offset it with wis and also pick up spell power and a additional 44 ranged power to augment you ancilliary damage.  This runs in Primal avatar, in some ways it is more durable then the EA because of it's mitigation and greater healing as well. I enjoy both versions depending on my mood.

Because of some test bed results we have been getting back in the last couple weeks from people running GTs at various levels I've made some small adjustments to the overall build and it's cycles. By and large we have dropped Manyshot from the Terror cycle and are only using it in fairly specific circumstances where the 4xranged power is going to create benefits that off-set it's sub-par Vorp proc rate. Bosses, portals, etc.. And the occasional use to proc a action boost while the GxB's reinvigoration is on timer. I have also changed out a feat and some twists.

Here is The GTP, AKA: The Great Terror Primal.

As the GT I developed this build to exploit the GxB's expanded vorpal range (19-20) with AA Terror effects, take advantage of the GxB's abberant endless fusilade ROF(26 bolts per animation), the GxB's Large Base buffed by +4[w] (giving 9[2d8] at endgame), mechanical reloader speed boost, Ranged Power amplified Sneak attack dice, and alternating IPS/Archer Focus to maintain heavy Mech DPS while still achieving very frequent DC87 insta kills.

The Build exploits the GxB Terror vorpal range of 19-20. By using the chain of: Endless-fusilade* 23 seconds Normal GxB fire*Endless-fusilade, it achieves a 37 second burst that produces a PK kill every 3.2 seconds at a DC of 87. During Endless fusilade itself the build produces a 7 second bursts of PK kill every 2.3 seconds or by running without any boosts a normal rate of 1 PK kill every 4.3 seconds. Of course running with and utilizing IPS properly will exponentially increase all those proc numbers as each additional target strike uses the doubled Vorpal range to PK twice as often. Also of note, if Manyshot is used 2nd during an attack chain the second Endless Fusilade can be started the moment Manyshot ends. The 1 second EF prep animation runs concurrently with the weapon switch, resulting in a quicker EF start as well.

Outside of PK kills, the running Mech DPS is high due to 14-17D6 Sneak Attack, +4[w]GxB, +16GxB Damage, 30% reloader speed, Mech tree ranged power, expanded Vorpal and the Runearm damage, scaling Runearm primary damage, and runearm charge and cooldown buffs, imbue increase and critical buffs.

Through enhancements and Epic destinies the build runs with 11 boosts of each type, these add Wis, Damage, and most importantly the GxB Endless Fusilade. With auto reloader, Blinding speed working the Endless Fusilade of the GxB will fire 26 times in the time it takes the 7 second animation to start and end. That is only one less than the 27 of the light repeater, but with vorpals on 19-20s.   

The Great Terror build is very Past Life dependent. You will need them for DCs, doubleshot, Hamp, Pos, HP, etc.. You will also need Epic past lives for both fate points and twists. You must also choose your active EPL & IPL stances wisely, it benefits greatly from +6 tomes but can be run with +5s.

Closely following the Class progression and Stat bonuses is important so that you are able to secure the full list of needed Feats at level with prerequisites. For instance you must start with Artificer to access Enchantment focus early, so as to free up slots later.

The GT can be run by other races but it will be at a loss to DPS and DC due to Wisdom bonuses and Feats. Over the weekend I did run and test a Deep Gnome version. Using DG you will have a 1 higher wis, +2 dodge, +4 MRR  but to acquire manyshot you end up taking more Ranger levels at the cost of 2d6sneak, damage to Xbows and 20% damage boost.

The Great Terror Primal~
Human 12Rogue/4Ranger/4Artificer

Str  8
Dex 15 - +5 tome
con 14
Int 14
Wis 18 - +5 tome
Chr  8

All level-up bonuses to wisdom except for level 20 which is Dexterity, for Epic feats.

Level progression: 1Arty, 2-5Ranger, 6-16Rogue, 17-19Arty, 20Rogue.

Feats:
1)  Point-blank
1)  Enchant focus -human extra
1)  Proficiencies GxB,repeaters- Free Artificer feat
1)  Rapid Reload- Free Artifcer feat
3)  Completionist
3)  Rapid Shot- Free Ranger feat
5)  Precise Shot- Free Ranger feat
6)  Past life, Wizard
7)  Evasion
9)  Past life, Bard
9)  Uncanny dodge- Free Rogue feat
12) Greater Enchant focus
13) Improved Uncanny Dodge- Free Rogue feat
15) Many shot
15) Improved evasion, -Rogue bonus feat
16) Runearm use - Free Artificer feat
18) Improved precise shot
19) Improved Critical Ranged weapons - Free Artificer bonus feat
21) Combat archery
24) Embolden spell
26) Positive spell power
27) Blinding speed
28) Doubleshot
29) Arcane Warrior (different from normal GT)
30) Epic sneak Attack (or Arcane insight if you need DC boost)
30) Scion of the Feywild

Enhancements:

NOTES: I avoid buying the Battle engineer damage boosts because currently the BE boosts are bugged so that they do not activate the Human Action surge that the build utilizes for +2 wis. If they are ever fixed I would purchase damage instead of runearm buffs. On the AA Tree, I occasionally trade Awareness for True strike.  Other than the Wis in AA moving over to action surge for 1, there is not a lot of room to move points around and still achieve the Build's purpose. Terror is the best bang for the buck currently as the non-vorpal scare effects everything it doesn't PK. No spell resist to AA arrow effects and the 3 second cool down on the Dispel shot means you can drop Mob deathwards constantly while getting another +4d8 damage.

Epic Destiny:
Primal Avatar, all wisdom, spirit boon (mental),cocoon, insidious spores and tsunami for Arcane warrior, take your pick of either PRR or dodge. I dropped 1 point into summer smoke here but it could have gone in dodge. You also pick up 24 additional ranged power for free with Primal, combined with Arcane warrior that's a additional 44 points of ranged power, which can be good to have for bosses and rednames. I only put 1 point into insidious spores because I'm not using it for damage but to build stacks for Arcane warrior in combination with the runearm. The range on Spores is really large as well, making it easy to use, but due to it's nature most mobs ignore at least half of the damage (rust), more ranks wont lower the sp cost so just one will due.

Additional Destiny notes:
Primal's Spirit is proc'd both from the attack and the Terror effect so it's very quick to fill 30 spirit and and you can use that to maintain the cores of 'eternal return' for 90 seconds, or even 'walk with spirits' for 44 seconds.
Twists

'Primal travel''s 50% dodge boost stacks with Improved uncanny dodge for only 1 spirit you will be at 100+ dodge. 'Walk with spirit' will make you invisible, ethereal, and 25% incorporeal that incorporeal stacks with other forms like the LGS incorp % for a stacked 39%, while running the GTP you can maintain that for 44 seconds before running out of Spirit. The best part is it's cooldown is only 5 seconds so you can pop it off constantly.

-Echoes of ancestors, shiradi champ: 10% stacking ranged speed replaces Pierce the gloom
-Enchant school
-Draconic presense
-3 extra action boost (LD, not shown in pic)
-Don't need cocoon on Primal build. 

ARCANE WARRIOR FEAT,  By spamming the insidious spores along with the tsunami and entangle I can get 20 and maintain 20 stacks of the Arcane warrior's Ranged power boost, the spell power is constantly filled due to ranged fire so that benefits my Rune arm quite a bit. Additionally I can start-spam the bee shot on Machine of madness and that will proc the Arcane warrior buffs as well, which the Archon runearm wont, so good reason to go with the machine of madness.

Terror Arrow-DC Calculation:

1 Enchant focus
1 Great Enchant focus
1 Wizard PL
1 Bard PL
2 Embolden spell
4 Scion Feywild
1 AA terror
1 primal spirit boon
3 Enchant specialist
3 Draconic pressence
1 Profane DC
2 Enchant insightful
6 Enchant Competance
2 Enchant Greater Augment
1 Guild ship
______
30+20+31(wis)= 81 (87 with Arcane insight)

Yes, I could easily get higher with Bard song, lit, etc..  this is just where I am now and can maintain solo or in groups.

Ranged power:
20 Mechanic
30 epic levels
24 Primal levels
20 Arcane warrior
4 mythic
_________
98  STANDING RANGED POWER

45 Archer focus
20 Quality (I can run my Toee set, but prefer other, better gear)
_________
163  LIFTED RANGED POWER
  80 Manyshot (4Xbab)

Luckily because of the very large base damage of the GxB mechanic combination, all the Sneak Attack Dice, and the extra 540 damage a second the Runearm spits at 300 spell power the build doesn't have to use the 'lifted' or other stance very often as it's Boss and redname DPS is so high.

Final thoughts, I really liked the various builds that tried to use the changed AA imbues, but in every case I found that the procs didn't come anywhere near fast enough and the damage in between those procs or against red-names totally sucked to the point of making them useless overall. I tried many different variations before landing at the GT's fine balance of constant insta-kills and heavy boss dps. I have to admit that I was really surprised to find that in the end the build that could spit out the most procs per second was also the heaviest non-proc damage. I had tried bow, repeaters, and monk chucker builds and none of them could match the Proc rate, and only the chuckers came anywhere near the DPS. Between the EF's vorp every 2.3 seconds and the normal fire's vorp every 4.3 the PK rate just can't be matched.

« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2016 at 5:31am by »  

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #93 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 5:29am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 10:05pm:
PSA: You can't take quickdraw at level 1. I have had to change the leveling order of this build (its fine though)

Please see snapshot attached but the order is now:

1Warlock
6Ranger
12Monk
1Warlock

this allows Spell Focus enchant at lvl 1.

http://s28.postimg.org/3lrryseh5/Screen_Shot_2016_03_03_at_8_03_25_PM.jpg

Looks like a good build Jakeelala, some pretty cool choices.

IP Logged

nagus
Ex Member

Re: The Great Terror primal
Reply #94 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 4:35am:
I had a couple of people inquire about leveling in a primal sphere~....matched

I pulled Elusive for Arcane Warrior and switched out the twists and reset Primal to this, the result? I think I like this even better than your Original Terror. This thing is nuts for both damage output and kills. I was pretty surprised at how fast the stacks on AW added up and It felt like I spent half the time incorporeal because it produces so much spirit for a ranged toon.  I will point out that in 3 hours of play I had two mobs save against PK (not deathward) but they were knocked down, I wasn't running a AI boost at the time but I wouldn't take any more off the DC.
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2016 at 11:00am by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #95 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Dont forget you can run in Fury of the Wild and you can have 2 Wisdom while raged with Primal Scream, which means you only lose 2 DC from Wisdom.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #96 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Quote:
Looking good, this will be a fun and nasty bit of work to play.

Only thing I would point out is that you shouldn't have 'Taint the Blood' as a automatic +4 DC for a couple very important reasons.

First of all just like shaken it's a debuff not a DC buff that's a big difference especially in the first few seconds, debuffs are great but they are not the same as active DC buffs and shouldn't be listed as such, active DCs take effect immediately while de-buffs by nature require conditions be met before they impact the event. All which takes additional time, and even with short ones like Shaken (only needs to hit once to debuff the following) that's just not anywhere near the same as a active DC number. Still helpful but not nearly as important. Especially in the proc chasing speed nature of these builds where wasted time immediately become wasted Vorps.  

But much more importantly for your build; you have to hit the target 4 times for you to get that -4 fort debuff.  And the real difficulty with that is the 1 second internal timer on the 'Taint' ability, unlike similar abilities with ranks that apply an immediate multiple.  So you can get the -4 fort, but it will take 3 secs for your build to do it.

I definitely still think 'taint the blood' is worth it, but you shouldn't refer to it in your Active DC, and should be prepared for the Vorpals that will fail in those early seconds.

Looking forward to seeing what else you guys do.

It's a debuff. That's where it's listed. It stacks on the dummy very fast.

I haven't tested it yet to see if it has an internal cooldown. Have you?

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #97 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 11:39am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 11:13am:
I haven't tested it yet to see if it has an internal cooldown. Have you?

Yes, I have and it does. I was bummed to say the least Undecided The Shuriken chucker followed by repeater is definitely the fastest way to get to -4 on a mob. Takes 3 seconds with chucker or repeater to get it up. Still totally worth it for that low AP cost.

harharharhar wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 11:10am:
Dont forget you can run in Fury of the Wild and you can have 2 Wisdom while raged with Primal Scream, which means you only lose 2 DC from Wisdom.

You're talking about rage acute instincts right?  Steel's primal build would be down 6 wis if he went fury. His build is showing 6 points for tier I-VI and 2 points from spirit boon. So you could pick up 2 wis with fury but you would be losing a net 6. 

Good luck with that thrower Jakee looks really good, you going to level it back to end pretty quick I.E. otto's or grind it up?

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Re: The Great Terror primal
Reply #98 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 4:35am:
Here is The GTP, AKA: The Great Terror Primal.

I like what you did, what are you seeing is the down sides compared to the original Terror or is this version stronger?
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2016 at 11:43am by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #99 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 11:59am
Print Post  
i already have it at rank 94 on live. Not sure how long to get to 30, we'll see.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Send TopicPrint