Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Zergod - Human Khopesh 20 Ranger (Read 52589 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Zergod - Human Khopesh 20 Ranger
Reply #25 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
On the feats:

PA is a waste unless you are using it to get Cleave and/or great Cleave or to be able to use Lay Waste or Momentum Swing.

Precision is a better stance.  The 5% scales into epics and the 25% fort reduction is a real DPS boost.  Especially on things like shroud portals.

How do you figure with the +15 damage per hit on the damage on PA?  It's +5.  With Melee Power you might be able to argue it is higher, but triple?  Feels like I'm missing something here.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #26 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:28pm:
Feels like I'm missing something here.

...like the weapon bonuses, and buffs, from 3 fvs for +19 damage per hit?

...like fighter greater weapon focus?

If you run the numbers, you'll see what I'm talking about is far superior in every regard; DPS included.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:28pm:
On the feats:

PA is a waste unless you are using it to get Cleave and/or great Cleave or to be able to use Lay Waste or Momentum Swing.

Precision is a better stance.  The 5% scales into epics and the 25% fort reduction is a real DPS boost.  Especially on things like shroud portals.

How do you figure with the +15 damage per hit on the damage on PA?  It's +5.  With Melee Power you might be able to argue it is higher, but triple?  Feels like I'm missing something here.

5 damage. 190 melee power. 100+190/100=2.9 5*2.9=14.5 PA also gives .5W from LD, so 1.75 damage*2.9=5.075 5.075+14.5=19.575 damage from power attack. Nothing to sneeze at. Given if you miss one hit out of every 20 then you just lost DPS...so precision would be a DPS gain on most LH/LE bosses...  I may have just talked myself into precision.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:44pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:33pm:
...like the weapon bonuses, and buffs, from 3 fvs for +19 damage per hit?

...like fighter greater weapon focus?

If you run the numbers, you'll see what I'm talking about is far superior in every regard; DPS included.

You get some boni from FVS, but not 19. You also lose combat DC with Know the Angles, assuming you're running know the angles. Are you accounting for divine might in 19 damage? Is that post melee power?

1 from level 3 thing. 3 from WP. 1 from divine favor. that is 5 damage. with 190 melee power that is 14.5.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:47pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #29 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Just a thought here but keeping "know the Angeles" in mind but still dropping int down to 14 and bringing Dexter  up to 12. The reason I say this is keeping other feats instead. I'm in travel ATM so I can't really go into detail but I was thinking of being able to maintain most of what you have but allowing more versatility buy grabbing mobility dodge and spring attack dropping pa for precision. Your increasing your dodge % reflex save while loosing 1 doc on tactics. Again I can't see everything that I changed up ATM but I was online and wanted to throw that out there. Hopefully I can get back on later and firm up what I'm talking about

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #30 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:45pm:
You get some boni from FVS, but not 19. You also lose combat DC with Know the Angles, assuming you're running know the angles. Are you accounting for divine might in 19 damage? Is that post melee power?

1 from level 3 thing. 3 from WP. 1 from divine favor. that is 5 damage. with 190 melee power that is 14.5.

The number is exactly +19 damage per hit @ lvl 3 fvs: math is hard, huh?
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:48pm by [] »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:46pm:
Just a thought here but keeping "know the Angeles" in mind but still dropping int down to 14 and bringing Dexter  up to 12. The reason I say this is keeping other feats instead. I'm in travel ATM so I can't really go into detail but I was thinking of being able to maintain most of what you have but allowing more versatility buy grabbing mobility dodge and spring attack dropping pa for precision. Your increasing your dodge % reflex save while loosing 1 doc on tactics. Again I can't see everything that I changed up ATM but I was online and wanted to throw that out there. Hopefully I can get back on later and firm up what I'm talking about

I run dodge blizt to max out my dodge. I sit around 120 PRR so prefer that vs the 30 prr.

I am contemplating precision so may raise dex, or just take weapon focus at level 1 and precision after i have a +5 tome in effect.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:48pm:
The number is exactly +19 damage per hit @ lvl 3 fvs: math is hard, huh?

Lets see the math.

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #33 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
I remember on mine if drop blinding speed weapon focus slash and weapon focus range in order to get those

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #34 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:49pm:
Lets see the math.

Did you count the Child of Whatever feat, the righteous weapons bonuses, the divine favor spell, and the inflame buff?  I don't work for you...
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:52pm by [] »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:51pm:
Did you count the Child of Whatever feat, the righteous weapons bonuses, the divine favor spell, and the inflame buff?  I don't work for you...

did not count inflame. i counted the rest. you use inflame vs haste boost? if you wanted to count inflame then at 190 melee power it would be 26.1 damage. math is hard, huh?
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:56pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
palmer01 wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:50pm:
I remember on mine if drop blinding speed weapon focus slash and weapon focus range in order to get those

ehhh. no speed item in gear set atm....could do dodge mobility for the 4 melee power for more dodge cap but meh.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #37 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:54pm:
you use inflame vs haste boost?

Inflame is not a boost, therefore, it can be used in concert with haste and damage boost; you must be new here.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #38 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
I misspoke: it's +19 damage per hit (and numerous bonuses to hit) counting the elven racial scimitar damage enhancements AND 3 levels of fvs, not just the 3 fvs; my bad.  That's why elf with 3 fvs levels FAR outperforms anything with a khopesh; indeed, it's the largest combination of damage bonuses in the game (elf+fvs undying court+scimitar) bar none.  Combine that with 8 fighter for greater weapon focus, weapon focus, the kensai bonuses, weapon meditation; nigga please, it's scimitar madness making anyone running around with a khopesh in another race look silly!
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:14pm by [] »  

IP Logged

palmer01
VoD Slasher

Paladin Slayer

Reply #39 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Gotcha. Well imo I think you can probably get more benefit out of two other feats other then weapon focus. Just saying. Think you still have room there

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #40 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:08pm:
I misspoke: it's +19 damage per hit (and numerous bonuses to hit) counting the elven racial scimitar damage enhancements AND 3 levels of fvs, not just the 3 fvs; my bad.  That's why elf with 3 fvs levels FAR outperforms anything with a khopesh; indeed, it's the largest combination of damage bonuses in the game (elf+fvs undying court+scimitar) bar none.  Combine that with 8 fighter for greater weapon focus, weapon focus, the kensai bonuses, weapon meditation; nigga please, it's scimitar madness making anyone running around with a khopesh in another race look silly!

This build loses a ton of DPS.  You have 1 less on the crit multiplier (and one on the crit range unless you are putting 31 points or more in Kensai, which if you do that, costs you all T5 tempest stuff so now you are losing full offhand damage vs. 1/2 damage, 10k Cuts, and Dance of Death plus the points you want to put in your FvS tree is costing you from DWS.  Which is more DPS loss).

Your build is old and outdated and stale.  Just like the Diceman.  Your name and avatar are appropriate.  Although he actually had a prime.  You've been clueless the whole time.   
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:22pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #41 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:22pm:
Your build is old and outdated and stale.  Just like the Diceman.  Your name and avatar are appropriate.  Although he actually had a prime.  You've been clueless the whole time. 

Scimitar > khopesh; it's not an opinion.  I didn't even count the fighter damage bonuses, so let's leave the number at 20 (even though it's closer to 30, over 30 with stacks of weapon meditation, and figthter critical damage enhancements sends it into over-drive): what do you think does more dps, having a 3x crit vs a 2x crit, or doing 20 points of additional damage per hit; crit or otherwise?  Think real hard, faggot...
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:29pm by [] »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #42 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:24pm:
Scimitar > khopesh; it's not an opinion.  I didn't even count the fighter damage bonuses, so let's leave the number at 20 (even though it's closer to 30, over 30 with stacks of weapon meditation, and figthter critical damage enhancements sends it into over-drive): what do you think does more dps, having a 3x crit vs a 2x crit, or doing 20 points of additional damage per hit; crit or otherwise?  Think real hard, faggot...

That build has been around for ages.  It's not current anymore.  Get into the AP spend.  Compare your 8 Fighter/3 FvS build with a 20 Ranger and see which one wins.  It's not even close.  You lose on Crits, you lose on double strike.  You lose on off hand attacks/damage, you lose on Melee Power.  It's a loser pure and simple.  You are the Diceman.  He thinks that he can still be a stand up comedian.  But people are laughing at him.  Not with him.  Same as you. 

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:24pm:

20 dmg a hit vs 1 multiplier on every crit...ill ignore EVERYTHING else and look at just that.

6 crits at 2x=12
6 crits at 3x=18

so 6 more hits.

13 other hits for both...

25 hits*20=500

500/6=83.33

would only need to do 83 damage to make the extra multiplier do more damage than the 20 damage, so yes I would rather the multiplier. Thats not taking into account seeker, the fact the ranger has more crit range and other bonuses, and all the other factors. math is hard?
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:39pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #44 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:35pm:
That build has been around for ages.  It's not current anymore.  Get into the AP spend.  Compare your 8 Fighter/3 FvS build with a 20 Ranger and see which one wins.  It's not even close.  You lose on Crits, you lose on double strike.  You lose on off hand attacks/damage, you lose on Melee Power.  It's a loser pure and simple.  You are the Diceman.  He thinks that he can still be a stand up comedian.  But people are laughing at him.  Not with him.  Same as you. 

You're yapping, but I don't see you pointing to anything substantive.  Keep yapping, I'm sure someone thinks it's entertaining.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #45 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:38pm:
20 dmg a hit vs 1 multiplier on every crit...ill ignore EVERYTHING else and look at just that.

6 crits at 2x=12
6 crits at 3x=18

so 6 more hits.

13 other hits for both...

25 hits*20=500

would only need to do 83 damage to make the extra multiplier do more damage than the 20 damage, so yes I would rather the multiplier. Thats not taking into account seeker, the fact the ranger has more crit range and other bonuses, and all the other factors. math is hard?

Math must be hard since you're not applying the +20 damage to the crits as well, you fucking dumbass.

Add up the fighter damage bonuses and see how much more than 20 it actually is.  Ash is trolling you, and he's trying to get you to dismiss it out of hand.  Don't take my word for it; fuck that.  Look at the kensai enhancements, the warpriest ehnancements, and everything you can still get from ranger; then YOU tell ME, Sersock.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:46pm by [] »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:41pm:
Math must be hard since you're not applying the +20 damage to the crits as well, you fucking dumbass.

Add up the fighter damage bonuses and see how much more than 20 it actually is.  Ash is trolling you, and he's trying to get you to dismiss it out of hand.  Don't take my word for it; fuck that.  Look at the kensai enhancements, the warpriest ehnancements, and everything you can still get from ranger; then YOU tell ME, Sersock.

theyre added to the crits. stop embarassing yourself please. this comparison was 1 multiplier vs 20 damage. 1 multiplier wins easily.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #47 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:54pm:
theyre added to the crits. stop embarassing yourself please. this comparison was 1 multiplier vs 20 damage. 1 multiplier wins easily.

Your equation, shoddy as it is, assumes the damage on the crits is the same; it's not.

Now you're lazily meandering into trolling territory, but I get that; you're just no good at it.

Also, you're welcome for the uber-build.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 7:23pm by [] »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 25th, 2016 at 6:58pm:
Your equation, shoddy as it is, assumes the damage on the crits is the same; it's not.

Now you're lazily meandering into trolling territory, but I get that; you're just no good at it.

Also, you're welcome for the uber-build.

no my equation takes crits into account. youre too much of a fuckwit to math i see. on 20 rolls of a die a scimitar has 19 hits. 6 of those hits are crits, multiplied x2. that accounts for 12 increments of damage on 6 of the 19 hits. on the other 13 hits they are not crits, accounting for 13 increments of damage. 12 plus 13 is 25 increments of damage per every 20 rolls, 19 of which hit. on the 6 crit hits with x3 multiplier you get 6 aditional increments of damage. (25*20)/6 seeker and on crit effect only favor the crit multiplier also. the higher the chaarcters base damage is, the more the multiplier is favored also
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 7:34pm by Sergod »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #49 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Why do you guys keep responding to someone who's clearly being an intentional troll?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send TopicPrint