Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The DeathStar: 12M/6Rn/2W 86 DC Terror Chucker (Read 32579 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

The DeathStar: 12M/6Rn/2W 86 DC Terror Chucker
Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
I decided to make a thread for this build instead of leeching off of Steelstars Great Terror thread. This build heavily borrowed his template for feats for Wisdom min/maxing but with the intent for an all throwing variety. Here's the latest snapshot of my build sheet, eventually I'll type it all out here.

Leveling order to accommodate feat pre-reqs is:

1W
5M
5R
7M
1R
1W

If you don't have Completionist, take a different +1 Enchant DC PL (like Bard) or if you don't have that available, take Zen Archery so you can stay in stance when switching between imbues. If you don't mind a little more button mashing like me, just reactivate stance when you switch Imbues, which isn't a very big deal.

Some discussion highlights from Steelstars thread:
-Taint the Blood takes effect immediately and can stack all at once, there is no cooldown. For this reason I calculate it in the DC of Terror Arrow as a persistent debuff, as well as Shaken, the fear part of the Terror arrow procs.

-This build can run in a number of ED's depending on how badly you need to max the DC between 80-90DC. In Fury of the Wild, which is easily the best Red Named DPS destiny for this build, you suffer -2DC from losing 4 Wisdom (you pick up 2 from Acute Instincts and Primal Scream).

-In Divine Crusader you get all 6 Wisdom for +1 DC. DC boost works nicely with 10k Stars on Red Names since it's about 120 RP@70 Wisdom all at once, along with ~100'ish Doubleshot. the 10% Damage from Consecration is nice too, though I'm not sure you can fit that with 6 Wisdom yet, will update once I have a final decision on that.

-In LD you would have the lowest DC at -3 from the reference build posted up above in the snapshot, but per/shuriken damage would be the highest, which somewhat makes up for the lower DC I suppose.

-Steelstar has suggested Primal Avatar makes a great ED for his Great Terror build, offering 8 Wisdom in the Tree (6+2 for one of the higher tier abilities). I haven't tried it but it sounds interesting.

Anyway, still leveling my Main to 30 for this build, will post more updates as possible.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Re: The DeathStar: 12M/6Rn/2W 86 DC Terror Chucker
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Hold up....WAAAAAAIT!

You just copied a widely discussed build, filled in some no-brainer feats that were not detailed, and are presenting it as your own?

F
A
G
G
O
T
?

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:28pm:
I decided to make a thread for this build instead of leeching off of Steelstars Great Terror thread. This build heavily borrowed his template for feats for Wisdom min/maxing but with the intent for an all throwing variety. Here's the latest snapshot of my build sheet, eventually I'll type it all out here.

http://s12.postimg.org/5rto6g9bt/Screen_Shot_2016_03_05_at_10_15_26_AM.jpg

1W
5M
5R
7M
1R
1W

If you don't have Completionist, take a different +1 Enchant DC PL (like Bard) or if you don't have that available, take Zen Archery so you can stay in stance when switching between imbues. If you don't mind a little more button mashing like me, just reactivate stance when you switch Imbues, which isn't a very big deal.

-Taint the Blood takes effect immediately and can stack all at once, there is no cooldown. For this reason I calculate it in the DC of Terror Arrow as a persistent debuff, as well as Shaken, the fear part of the Terror arrow procs.

-This build can run in a number of ED's depending on how badly you need to max the DC between 80-90DC. In Fury of the Wild, which is easily the best Red Named DPS destiny for this build, you suffer -2DC from losing 4 Wisdom (you pick up 2 from Acute Instincts and Primal Scream).

-In Divine Crusader you get all 6 Wisdom for +1 DC. DC boost works nicely with 10k Stars on Red Names since it's about 120 RP@70 Wisdom all at once, along with ~100'ish Doubleshot. the 10% Damage from Consecration is nice too, though I'm not sure you can fit that with 6 Wisdom yet, will update once I have a final decision on that.

-In LD you would have the lowest DC at -3 from the reference build posted up above in the snapshot, but per/shuriken damage would be the highest, which somewhat makes up for the lower DC I suppose.

-Steelstar has suggested Primal Avatar makes a great ED for his Great Terror build, offering 8 Wisdom in the Tree (6+2 for one of the higher tier abilities). I haven't tried it but it sounds interesting.

Anyway, still leveling my Main to 30 for this build, will post more updates as possible.

Excellent build Jakeelala thanks for posting it, really fun way to have the monk and terror together.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
instead of leeching off of Steelstars Great Terror thread.

...so he can extand and expand his leeching to a whole new thread.

M
A
S
S
I
V
E

F
A
G
G
O
T
?

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 2:59pm
Print Post  

http://s12.postimg.org/5rto6g9bt/Screen_Shot_2016_03_05_at_10_15_26_AM.jpg

1W
5M
5R
7M
1R
1W

Yeah this is a really cool build, going to make a lot of people still in monk lives happy as well. One of my guildmates was banking xp on his completionist pure munk at 18 today and said he is going to burn a +5 to make this build.
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2016 at 3:00pm by »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Is there a way to not use a LGS Wis/Wis item? That seems like a waste of a perfectly good Ooze GS slot.

You could just as well use a cannith curspewing/wounding weapon and save the mats?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #6 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Is there a way to not use a LGS Wis/Wis item? That seems like a waste of a perfectly good Ooze GS slot.

You could just as well use a cannith curspewing/wounding weapon and save the mats?

Do you have +15/+7 Wisdom items that don't prevent you from using Both Devils 5 Piece set and eLitany for max Wisdom? If not, then no not really. Ooozes are useless for a build like this, unless you're in Primal and think they will add some value somehow. But honestly I just dont get it.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Oh, embolden is also a metamagic for spells cast by you. I think you need to swap it out for PL:bard.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #8 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Oh, embolden is also a metamagic for spells cast by you. I think you need to swap it out for PL:bard.

According to Steelstar it's been tested and is a blanket +2 DC to all schools, therefore applying to Terror arrows.

Please read the whole original thread.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Terror, smite, paralyze, banish arrows are created by casting a spell to establish the imbue, unlike the inferno, dispel, shattermantle, slayer, ranged actions.

Because of that casting Emboldened raises the DC, as does focus, greater focus, epic focus, and all other enchant dcs.

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Mar 6th, 2016 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:

My group was worried about this in the beginning as well Tilo, but we were able to confirm that you get +2 for embolden, It applies to Terror/smite/banish/paralyzer arrows/bolts. As does Arcane insight, and Feywild. The conclusion we reached was that by tying those AA imbues to all enchant DC buffs opened it up, and that it's WAI not a bug. On the last Lammania the devs confirmed that was the case, on the Imbues it applies while many SLA and EDs it will not. 

In the months after U29 and before that Dev confirmation we had to spend countless Astral shards and Flawless dragonshard switching in and out those feats to repeatedly to test and confirm them instead of the Developers just answering inquiries on the mobos and via PM because......... Turbine. 
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2016 at 3:55pm by »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Ahh thx for clarifying that. So it works like maximize/empower used to work. Go figure.

Anyways, I think if you swap in a Wisdom item anywhere, like the ? helm, and swap to cannith crafted cursespewing/endless night/wounding or puncturing, your effective save will go up, and your material cost for the build will drop to 0.

Then you can use the LGS mats to craft a boss beater.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2016 at 3:13am by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #12 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Ahh thx for clarifying that. So it works like maximize/empower used to work. Go figure.

Anyways, I think if you swap in a Wisdom item anywhere, like the ? helm, and swap to cannith crafted cursespewing/endless night/wounding or puncturing, your effective save will go up, and your material cost for the build will drop to 0.

Then you can use the LGS mats to craft a boss beater.

This build is not for the resource constrained.

Yes you could get by with a lower Wisdom, but it's not very advisable. Even on a build with this high of a rate of fire, things saving is not good.

Also, LGS mats for a +15/+7 Wisdom literally take 2-3 shroud runs. It is nothing. I have no idea what you're talking about. Tier 3 only adds 1 Wisdom over a Globe slotted, so you can skip. And you wouldn't make it your main hand shuriken, you'd make it an offhand Kame/SS. Even if you could slot Wisdom elswhere, you should still slot Dex at +15/7 next, as thats the next most important thing. More shuriken = more vorpals

For the mainhand weapon, yes, you should use a ruby of endless night (which is in my build post), and if you have to craft/loot it because you don't have enough TF mats, then I would recommend Wounding/Puncturing with the Ruby of Endless Night. Curse-spewing only procs on a 20, I don't recommend it. Really, My main hand is double level drain (Ruby + T3 TF 5% to drain 2 levels). You could put Body Breaker instead for -5 Fort, but I like that level drain also kills HP. Also since level drain is -2 to saves per level, and Crippling Flames + Ruby = 5% for -3 levels is -6 Fort, and on average should outpace Body Breaker.
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2016 at 12:35pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #13 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
I would also argue you could spend less time farming TF mats than you could for a Shuriken to craft on with a Red Slot. I think I've seen one of those in my entire 10 year of playing DDO. But maybe I'm just unlucky

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Mar 8th, 2016 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Oh right, I totally forgot about monk OH. Was thinking it was like repeaters/GXBow. You get an extra slot to work with, so you can 15/7 for free using the T1+T2 mats everyone has loads of extras.

That is nice!

« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2016 at 7:27pm by »  

IP Logged

Newby
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Mar 9th, 2016 at 3:10am
Print Post  
How much time do you lose having to switch to melee and build up ki to 10k stars?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #16 - Mar 9th, 2016 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Quote:
How much time do you lose having to switch to melee and build up ki to 10k stars?

Zero. He is in water stance and has enlightenment twisted. That's 2 passive ki regen per 6 seconds, 20 ki per minute, which is exactly how much 100% uptime on 10k stars costs.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Newby
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Mar 9th, 2016 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Thanks for explaining.

IP Logged

Newby
Ex Member

What about during heroic levels?
Reply #18 - Mar 9th, 2016 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
What about during heroic levels before you can twist in enlightenment?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: What about during heroic levels?
Reply #19 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 9:16am
Print Post  
Quote:
What about during heroic levels before you can twist in enlightenment?

Eight points in Henshin is also doable, but Jakee probably just ate an Otto's box.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #20 - Mar 10th, 2016 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Leveling I would probably play it like a monk or a ranger (twf wraps or ss)

By level 18 you can be a very competent thrower, just go deeper in AA for more Elemental damage in imbues.

I did in fact have a stone for this life.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 12:38am
Print Post  
Oh I meant to ask, what is the top end rate of fire for a shuriken these days? If you were to just say screw everything else, and only care about having cocoon and rate of fire?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #22 - Mar 12th, 2016 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
Oh I meant to ask, what is the top end rate of fire for a shuriken these days? If you were to just say screw everything else, and only care about having cocoon and rate of fire?

Well, that would be a full retard dex + doubleshot build.  Most likely pure monk for the doublestrike boost during 10k stars if you want to count that, too.

Not sure exactly what the math is but Jakee probably has a spreadsheet with the math setup already.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2016 at 11:41am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #23 - Mar 14th, 2016 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Quote:

100 dex (Yes, it is attainable)+ max doubleshot (~50% standing +100 half of the time with 10k stars).

About 4 attacks per animation.

1.3 animations per second.

5.2 attacks per second.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #24 - Mar 14th, 2016 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
without Gimping yourself to get absolute max dex, It's roughly the rate above, but change the Dex to 80, and the animation rate to 1.4 Mechaanic T5 + Gilvs set).

You'd still be a 20 monk, so arguably you'd still be gimping yourself.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint