Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Flavors of the Month (Read 53177 times)
Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: Flavors of the Month
Reply #100 - Feb 22nd, 2017 at 1:35am
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Feb 21st, 2017 at 9:44pm:
blather

Hydra, at this point after reading 3 dozen of your posts I really don't know if you're a sock or just a incredibly dim-witted noob poster. What I do know for sure is that you don't have a fucking clue about what the fuck is going on, and you sad attempts to pass off other people's ideas and opinions as your own have worn thin.

Chone, or at the very least stop posting you piece of ignorant shit.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #101 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 3:42am
Print Post  
On a ranged build like a fury thrower abundant step is totally unecessary, it's a crutch and it costs a huge amount of DPS.

Unless you're using it to get to some exploity safe spots in which case you're worthless

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #102 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:50am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 3:42am:
On a ranged build like a fury thrower abundant step is totally unecessary, it's a crutch and it costs a huge amount of DPS.

Unless you're using it to get to some exploity safe spots in which case you're worthless

^ usual amount of slight down-syndrome

We did 6 skull deathwyrm today and there's no real safe spots. Dragon was kited by monkcher for 20min and the monkcher didn't die.

Did 10 skull fot and monkcher kited storm reaver. (We failed when TO was @ 25%, didn't have enough dps.)

Rider has abundant step in his build and solo'd a 10 skull. (Albeit with 1 cake.) That was the guy you were shit talking earlier.

META is strongly in favor of abundant step from what I can see. Don't get sobby on me.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:53am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
While wings/abundant step might be a crutch in some content, it is so ridicilously op that I would NEVER consider dropping it if I could have viable dps / dcs while having it.

I mean look on a thrower similar things can be said about gearing lgs set for extra hp, deflect arrows, etc. but if you have a build where you can fit it in - why not?

I seriously doubt that 8/6/6 is so superior in dps to the variants with abundant step that it makes or breaks the toon. If I have to kill something 1 or 2 seconds longer, I'll manage.

The fact of the matter is that on a dc caster or a thrower (basically any ranged toon where positioning is absolutely critical) I would highly doubt the net effect of dropping wings is worth it. With wings, I can avoid deaths that would be unavoidable otherwise (kiting, getting out of dodge when I needed to put myself in a semi-compromisable situation in order to take out a key target, etc) but the real beauty of it is that it makes it ridiculously easy to line up perfect IPS adrenaline combos.

Let's be generous and say your build does 5% more dps overall: you lose 10% movement speed, abundant step, and a lot of burst dps (your furyshot is undeniably weaker). I've already talked about the movement stuff and escape abilities: but weren't you the one clamoring about 5FS builds being horrible because they lacked burst dps? hmmm.... double standard much?

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
LOL this thread is bumped, were one month in reaper, the new ddo game, and you still list builds like sneakzilla and assassins as a flavor of the month? Tell me more about your experience with assassins in reaper?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #105 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Sneakzilla is brutal in reaper. Have watched one destroy things.

Part of this list is just to document builds as they occur---I have not played an assassin lately and I understand they have problems. Will update OP, thanks faggot
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2017 at 11:03pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #106 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 12:09am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 10:50am:
We did 6 skull deathwyrm today and there's no real safe spots. Dragon was kited by monkcher for 20min and the monkcher didn't die.

Fury Throwers should not be kiters. If you want to build for kiting, there are far superior builds. This is not support for an abundant step argument, it's you showing typical down-syndrome thought process.

Did 10 skull fot and monkcher kited storm reaver. (We failed when TO was @ 25%, didn't have enough dps.)

Please see above. Far better to get a low DPS toon to kite, and allow the Fury thrower to be supplying maximum DPS when appropriate, not winging around a like a fucking idiot.

Rider has abundant step in his build and solo'd a 10 skull. (Albeit with 1 cake.) That was the guy you were shit talking earlier.

I talk shit about a lot of people, don't even remember this person. Moreover, I don't give a shit if he solo'd your mom. Solo'ing 10 skull quests is an interesting and worthwhile goal if that's what you give a shit about, but it requires build trade-offs to achieve that are otherwise inappropriate in a build meant for grouping on 10 skull quests that aren't easy to solo. So who gives a shit?

META is strongly in favor of abundant step from what I can see. Don't get sobby on me

No it isn't. You just dropped to really stupid examples kiting any build could with any form of Wings/Step and acted like that was a good trade off for much reduced DPS. Which brings me to the next asshole in this thread:

hydra wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:43pm:
he fact of the matter is that on a dc caster or a thrower (basically any ranged toon where positioning is absolutely critical) I would highly doubt the net effect of dropping wings is worth it.

Casters do not have unlimited range like a thrower. Comparing them tells me you don't fucking know anything about either one and not being a gimp.

hydra wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 7:43pm:
Let's be generous and say your build does 5% more dps overall: you lose 10% movement speed, abundant step, and a lot of burst dps (your furyshot is undeniably weaker).

It always just makes me shake my head and almost feel sorry for fucking know it all (but actually know nothing) garbage cans like you when you say such wildly inaccurate and ignorant things like this. Going from x2 crit on Shuri's to x3 outside of burst damage is already ~10% damage boost just bigger crits, BEFORE any of the geometric increases brought about by interaction of Ranged Power, Adrenaline, and Slayer Arrow/Sniper Shot.

For Slayer/Sniper Shot+Adrenaline on a Shuriken, the DPS per combo is 50% more damage vs. base damage ((base damage +250x4xRP) x3).

If you weren't such an ignorant piece of shit waste, you would have tested this for yourself and would already know it to be true. This also similarly boosts your Manyshot volleys a great deal, allowing you to capitalize fully on the totally OP stacking of Adrenaline to maximize abuse of this beautiful ability.

Having Kensei for +1 Crit multi is massively in excess of 5%, just auto-attacking.

Fuck off and Chone SO HARD dude. You are completely worthless at this.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2017 at 12:12am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 2:44am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 12:09am:
jak being an idiot

First off fuck off dude. Your head is so far up your ass I can't even comprehend how its possible.

8/6/6 doesn't gain you +1 crit multiplier on shurikens for free. There are tradeoffs. You lose 20% doubleshot, an additional 5% doubleshot with bows, 4 dex (I realize you can make up 2 of those dex if you opt not to take things like kta etc).

Hence the generous overall dps increase of 5% I was willing to cede.

Next, while your trash dps is undoubtedly higher, your boss dps is undoubtedly lower. (your furyshot is worse, unarguably worse). I've found that boss dps almost always trumps trash dps: now and always.

Next, while casters and ranged have different "ranges", they share a lot of the similar issues. This is amplified in current endgame content, where for all effective purposes a caster with enlarge is absolutely equivalent to a ranged toon's "effective range".

Lastly, you say that abundant step is worthless - that any toon can kite if they want to but this isn't an awesome build for it. The build you list on the mobo and the build you've talked about in a lot of places: lists 13 AP in ninja spy for shadow veil (even though you said shadow fade not veil). You make the choice of giving up kta for shadow veil -> obviously you think the 8/6/6 build needs it. Which leaves me to calling you on your bullshit about, how abundant step is a waste. I can cut corners / line of sight of casters and ranged mobs, I can kite melee mobs better, and lastly I can utilize it to increase my dps by lining up a better adrenaline IPS combo, or cc with pin/otto's.

You really are a piece of shit.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #108 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Fury Throwers should not be kiters.

...jakee jerking himself off as usual...

rofl. If you can kite, You should kite.

2+2=4
Difficult content is a binary. Get hit and die. Or don't get hit and don't die. "Its more dps and all I care about is dps." = silliness. Hydra makes a really fair point about how you're being silly.

I told you not sob on me. Cut it out. Calm the fuck down.

GROW A DICK and Post an achievement! My bud solo skull 10'd a quest at cap. What can you do? He also participated in a 10 skull hox run? Do you  participate in difficult enough content to know the value of kiting?

A build is in its value to accomplish a task. Why are you getting bogged down in numbers when intangibles dictate effectiveness?
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2017 at 12:01pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #109 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 2:44am:
8/6/6 doesn't gain you +1 crit multiplier on shurikens for free. There are tradeoffs. You lose 20% doubleshot, an additional 5% doubleshot with bows, 4 dex (I realize you can make up 2 of those dex if you opt not to take things like kta etc).

You gain the crit multi with bows and shuriken you fucktard. Which during an adrenaline slayer/manyshot volley if vastly more damage than 25% doubleshot. YOU ARE NOT GOOD AT THIS.

I've done red named tests on all of the suggested builds being debated in this argument. 8/6/6 is significantly faster at red name kobold tests. It is because of the +1 crit multiplier. You would know this if you actually played/tested any of these builds.

You are very stupid and don't know what you're talking about.

I'd like to ask now for the record if either Sloppy or hydra have ever playtested or DPS tested any version of 8/6/6 thrower with crit multi in quests or on a red named kobold?

The answer will be no.

Floppy, if you like abundant step, or your friend does or whatever, that's fine. I don't really care. You are taking a big DPS hit to have it. That is simple math borne out by tests. Own that and we don't need to argue about it. You can jerk off to your friends superior playing and your META fantasies all you want. 

This is just like 2 years ago when everyone shouted me down for saying a pure 20 Monk by Firewall was a complete piece of shit garbage build, and now everyone is running some version of my thrower builds.

In 6 months, once people have adapated playstyles and grouping mechanics to reaper, you will see everyone in 8/6/6 barring any new nerfs to the build or buffs to other builds by the devs.

And people will still say Firewall is a genius because his threads are better organized and stupider people can understand his builds.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:10pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #110 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 3:42am:

How is having abundant step inherently a YUGE dps cost?

I can't fathom him thinking this statement makes any sense unless he is thinking that ASing means not 10king, which is only true if you are ignoring that you can get 3 passive ki regen (30 per minute) and spamming 10k only costs 20 ki per minute for maximum uptime.

Max ki at 30 is about 260-285 (10 x 12 (monk level) + forty + 5 x 20-25 (Wis mod).

The stable pool is your concentration score + 1 concentration multiple for each point of passive regen, regening in that  multiple minus 1, easily exceeding max ki with only ~90 concentration.

So if you spam AS and 10k from the starting whistle you can AS at least 5 times before it causes a problem. Any break from spamming both will cause your pool to regen quickly, potentially up to the max, potentially letting you spam both at the same time for up to 26 Abundant Steps before it causes a problem.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #111 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:06pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #112 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
you guys are serving up a large ham

thank god trump is president
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:09pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #113 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:04pm:
How is having abundant step inherently a YUGE dps cost?

I can't fathom him thinking this statement makes any sense unless he is thinking that ASing means not 10king, which is only true if you are ignoring that you can get 3 passive ki regen (30 per minute) and spamming 10k only costs 20 ki per minute for maximum uptime.

Max ki at 30 is about 260-285 (10 x 12 (monk level) + forty + 5 x 20-25 (Wis mod).

The stable pool is your concentration score + 1 concentration multiple for each point of passive regen, regening in that  multiple minus 1, easily exceeding max ki with only ~90 concentration.

So if you spam AS and 10k from the starting whistle you can AS at least 5 times before it causes a problem. Any break from spamming both will cause your pool to regen quickly, potentially up to the max, potentially letting you spam both at the same time for up to 26 Abundant Steps before it causes a problem.

Because you give up Kensei Core 3 or Sniper Shot.

This is a Fury issue, not a Ki issue.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #114 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:06pm:
you guys are serving up a large ham

thank god trump is president

Answer my question. What builds have you or your magical imaginary friend DPS tested?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #115 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:12pm:
Answer my question. What builds have you or your magical imaginary friend DPS tested?

Answer my question. Why would I answer your question? Take a break from this thread for a bit, and get a hold of your cock mate. Its not a bad cock but you have a tendency to over value it.

A dead toon has 0 dps.

Here's Rider's solo:
Quote:

I've spent hours in the DOJO dps-testing. So why did I answer your question?
Because you look like a fool and keep doubling-down instead of thinking beyond the tip of your dick, you fucking silly fucker.

Let me repeat myself.

Don't sob on me sobby. lol
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:19pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #116 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Watch sobby invariably accuse me of trolling because he's a pussy

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #117 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:18pm:
Here's Rider's solo:
Quote:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/483818-10-Skull-Trail-By-Fire-solo

I've spent hours in the DOJO dps-testing. So why did I answer your question?
Because you look like a fool and keep doubling-down instead of thinking beyond the tip of your dick, you fucking silly fucker.

Let me repeat myself.

Don't sob on me sobby. lol

It's incredibly ironic, and satisfying for me, that you're trying to rub not yours, but your friends, excellent 10 skull solo in my face, when that solo was made on the build I invented, ran and posted almost a year ago.

A year ago, and even today I would tell you, if you want to solo something like 10 skull quests, doing it on 14/6 (or probably even better 12/6/2pally for saves) would be how you would do that. You are trying to obfuscate your ignorance and poor positioning in this argument (that there is no real DPS trade off for abundant step) by changing the subject, and then also accidentally honoring me and my storied and superior building accomplishments.

This is an argument about DPS, and trade offs you make for things like more Monk levels. Not your friends ability to copy my build, post it as his own, and then rape face with it. Your friend is clearly a great DDO player, kudos. But he's doing it using my build. No way around that. I know every inch of how powerful it is.

This is turning into one of my favorite flame outs of all time. And it's a two-fer with you and hydra.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #118 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:12pm:
This is a Fury issue, not a Ki issue.

Ah, well we've been over all that at length, so...

/yawn

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #119 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:36pm:
Not your friends ability to copy my build, post it as his own, and then rape face with it. Your friend is clearly a great DDO player, kudos. But he's doing it using my build. No way around that. I know every inch of how powerful it is.

Nah he took his monkcher from Sestra then altered it when the patch to monkchers happened. I asked him when you commented on his thread. Why do you always cry that its your build?
I quote from Sam:

Quote:
Optimal builds can be found independently. I know Shav, and I can say with 100% certainty that he didn't copy your split or even read your thread.
I think I remember this before from you. I remember how that ended to. I'm surprised you didn't learn that lesson.

ref: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/482587-U33-FuryThower

~
~

You're pretty thick and its honestly sad. Its why you just accused me of trolling. You then cry about how trolls shouldn't be able to post in the builds section. Anyone see the logic here? We got ourselves a little cordoban in the making.

Fucking faggot. Grow a fucking dick. If its a troll, then don't take it seriously. If its got a kernal of truth, then chew it.

Like I said. When you stop thinking about DPS and start thinking about optimizing for a challenging encounter, then you get a build.

The other stuff is gravy.
~~

There is no situation where abundant step is not worth a 5% (or less) dps hit. ESPECIALLY when IPS is dependent on positioning and DPS is dependent (often) on getting the time (i.e., distance) to set-up a skillful shot.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:54pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #120 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Watch Sobby put abundant step into his build in 2-3 months and then accuse me of trolling again.

SAAAD
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:58pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #121 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 1:51pm:
bunch of wierd irrelevant crap

You're friend is a liar. You are a liar.

The difference is, he seems to be really good at DDO.

If I put abundant step BACK into MY OWN build again, it would still be MY OLD BUILD. It would just be me choosing amongst my many and storied builds for whatever playstyle/goals I had at that point in time for that character. Up to and now including reaper, my latest build, 8/6/6, is about absolute maximum DPS. It assumes tanks and/or CC from party members. It is not a reaper solo build (though that doesn't mean I won't try it if I ever get playtime again).

Once again, 14monk/6ranger thrower/monkcher hybrid in FOTW is my posted and elucidated build. Around a year ago.

You don't understand that because you're are stupid and only know how to copy others. Then you blindly defend your friend because that's what thieves do, they stick together.

In the end, the all of the best thrower builds for reaper (8/6/6, 14/6rng, variants of my PK Arrow Thrower) are my builds, or extremely derivative of them. There are 2 exceptions:

1. Firewalls very well optimized non Fury thrower build
2. And the guy on main forums from Omnipresence with his bizarre but pretty cool uncentered defensive oriented one (Pea)

I challenge you or your friend, or anyone else, to present an actual original take on the thrower or bow/thrower hybrid that has not already been well described and or documented by me.

Good luck.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #122 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Jak, you know you stole David's build. Just admit it before he calls you out on it

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #123 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 2:13pm:
You're friend is a liar. You are a liar.

You are an ego-ridden-retard. Not my fault, fucker.

Here ya go, my mobo build thread from the AA pass:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/467562-FuryShuri-It-has-a-damn-yellow-...

At that time you were not running slayer arrow.
Do you remember trying to convince holymunchkin to not use Slayer Arrow?
The conclusion?

Both > Slayer arrow > Sniper shot

It was a decent conversation. You seemed to credit him in the build version you are talking about, which is crediting me. So yes. You credit me in your own thread.

Ego Sobby. Ego is not your friend. Assuming everyone is in bad faith when they disagree with you is the first folly of humans. I forgive you.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2017 at 4:51pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #124 - Feb 27th, 2017 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 27th, 2017 at 4:50pm:
You are an ego-ridden-retard. Not my fault, fucker.

Here ya go, my mobo build thread from the AA pass:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/467562-FuryShuri-It-has-a-damn-yellow-...

At that time you were not running slayer arrow.
Do you remember trying to convince holymunchkin to not use Slayer Arrow?
The conclusion?

Both > Slayer arrow > Sniper shot

It was a decent conversation. You seemed to credit him in the build version you are talking about, which is crediting me. So yes. You credit me in your own thread.

Ego Sobby. Ego is not your friend. Assuming everyone is in bad faith when they disagree with you is the first folly of humans. I forgive you.

Yes I remember arguing about Slayer Arrow for a time because before multipliers were fixed, Sniper shot was a lot less behind a Slayer Arrow when you use Adrenaline:
Slayer = Base damage of ~100 on crit +250 x4)*2 = 2800 vs
Sniper Shot = Base damage of ~100 on crit x4)*4=1600.

Sniper Shot can be used 3x more often than Slayer meaning over 20 seconds you can do 4800 damage using Snipers vs. 2800 using Slayer. That math still stands. Without multiplier fixes and AA stances and bugged racial Capstone for AA, it's actually much more of a toss up on Slayer versus just using Sniper. I was never wrong about that. It required the pass for the math to change on that, which is exactly when I switched to using slayer and sniper fulltime on ever build. The DWS tree offered a lot of other very good things pre-AA pass that increased the incentive.

Moreover, here's my build post on the topic from the same week as your build post.
harharharhar wrote on Nov 14th, 2015 at 2:28am:
You could take Slayer and Sniper, but you lose 5 damage, 20% AF damage on red names, 20% Doubleshot, which I'd rather not do. It is perfectly workable however.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint