Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Loot cap still borked. (Read 1521 times)
WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Loot cap still borked.
Mar 29th, 2016 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/473940-2-Loot-bonus-weekend-coming-but...

"The +2 Loot Boost improves loot for many players, although you are correct that we still have a bug to fix that impacts the benefit from people playing legendary content at higher difficulties, particularly if they are attempting to stack several sources of Loot Boost. Ultimately, we have the bonus in place for the weekend because it will provide a benefit to many players." -Cordo

Basically, "Fuck the players running at cap, fuck the players running at higher difficulties, here's your shitty bonus, suck my dick."

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Loot cap still borked.
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Yeah fuck people playing at cap. Don't you know you're supposed to TR as soon as you hit 30? God!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
wasn't mikarddo a PC member this year??

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
wasn't mikarddo a PC member this year??

He was.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 2:33am
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Mar 29th, 2016 at 5:28pm:
"Fuck the players running at cap, fuck the players running at higher difficulties, here's your shitty bonus, suck my dick."

It's been like that for years anyway...

Before MOTU, Chests were capped at LVL 20, so whatever you did to raise chest level above 20 was pointless.
( it looked like you actually did get better things, but that was because the chest level was not equal to the quest level, chest levels were 2 to 5 level lower than quest level )

Between MOTU and Shadowfail, a few changes occured : Chest Cap was raised to 25, then 27 when some people noticed that it was pointless to run Elite with a blesser + potions and all. Except that the 27 was generating LVL 25 Loot anyway, everything above LVL 25 was rerolled. ( and remember chests were still 2 to 5 levels below quest level, so even with buffs, Jewel, bonus day and blesser you ended at best at 29 [Hard Capped 25].

After Shadowfail, with the CAP Raise to 28, the deck was reshuffled... Chests Cap was raised to 32, and chests started to actually have the quest level. ( in new quests only )
So technically you could reach 34, but the Hard Cap was still there at 28... Then they raised the chest cap in an update to 35... a bit before the raise to 30.

With the new Items the whole deck has been reshuffled. The Cap is still at 35, but now all the chests are at their quest level... so Legendary Elite ( 32 ), with all the boost can technically break the Cap. [ Once more, since Player Max Level is 30, any loot generated that ends up with a ML over 30 gets rerolled or it gets automagically it's ML set to 30, I know both are done, but I can't tell what's the selection process between reroll or ML tinkering ]
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2016 at 2:35am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint