Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Spin to Win simple self healing fighter (Read 2211 times)
Tilo
Ex Member

Spin to Win simple self healing fighter
Apr 29th, 2016 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Simple build. Lots of tankyness, self healing, and AoE damage for leveling as a first or multilife character.

Halfling first life starting stats:
Str 15 Dex 13, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 8 Charisma 8, 2 levelups in str, rest con

1 Fighter Feat PA (str 13) Cleave
2 Fighter Feat THF
3 Bard Dragonmark of Healing*
4 Barb
5 Barb
6 Barb Great Cleave
7 Fighter
8 Fighter Feat THF#2 (str 17) (tomes +2)
9 Fighter IC:S
10 Bard
11 Fighter Feat Dodge (dex 13) (tomes +3)
12 Fighter GTHF
13 Fighter Feat Mobility
14 Fighter
15 Fighter Feat: Spring Attack Combat Expertise (int 13, Tomes +4)
16 Fighter
17 Fighter Feat  Whirlwind Attack   (tomes +4)
18 Magical Training
19 Fighter Feat Weapon Focus: Slashing 
20 Barb
21 OC
24 Weapon Specialization: Slashing
26 PTHF
27 Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing 
28 PTWF
29 Deific Warding
30 Scion of Arborea, Heavy Armor Master

Gear of Note:
Level 4 Carnifax
Level 8 Theurgic Staff
Level 10 SoS
Level 14 Riftmaker
Level 20 EAGA, ESoS
Level 28 Epic Riftmaker

Enhancements by level

1-3 12 Points in Halfling for Dragonmark healing*
4-7 16 Points in FB for free Supreme Cleave**
7-10 11 Points in Kensai for 1 Crit Multiplier
10-12 8 Points in SB for En Pointe
12-15 13 Points in StD for defensive stance 20% HP
15-20 26 points wherever you want

Twist Consecrate/Sacred Ground + Endless Faith in Epics

*You can take dragonmark enhancements out at 20 if you have ED healing, and feat swap Dragonmark to Emp. Healing.
** You can take the 10 HP cost reduction for Supreme Cleave out once your HP pool gets large enough it doesn't matter.
*** Depending on enhancement requirements you may need to drop a heavy armor feat for weapon specialization if you want to go deep into Kensai.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2016 at 2:27pm by »  

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Re: Spin to Win simple self healing fighter
Reply #1 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Is En Pointe that good? Looks like a lot of AP for 5th cleave on a longish cooldown.

Maximize can make the lesser dragonmarks pretty decent hjealz.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 10:10am:
Is En Pointe that good? Looks like a lot of AP for 5th cleave on a longish cooldown.

With SoS and Kensai it will be a double AoE hit at 3-20x3, since you can't crit on a 2.

Riftmaker will be double hit at 6-20x4 in heroics,

It seems to work well with Kensai. But non-tree Kensai as a whole is weak so I dunno how well it will work in practice.
« Last Edit: Apr 30th, 2016 at 1:35pm by »  

IP Logged

Jiudark
Korthos Resident

Dislike Drama.

Reply #3 - May 1st, 2016 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Usually enjoy reading your ideas Tilo, but on this one I just can't really agree with a few things.

First and foremost, I disagree with recommending CON 12 on a melee focused character.  This is especially bad when being recommended for a first life leveling build. 

I'll be up front and say I don't have Lammania to see this build in action with the new kensei enhancements...maybe melees don't need HP anymore when u31 goes live.  I dunno.

Unless there are some amazing changes to the cutesy Dragonmark of I-Dunno-What-UMD-Is, Barbarian Ravager's Blood Strength is way easier to use (as in completely passive incoming heals as long as you're fighting).  Blood Strength never runs out of charges and you never have to remember to use it and it can't be interrupted.  Yes, I note you only have 4 barbarian here.  My question is why skimp on a self-healing build with something so nice and easy to use as Blood Strength...drop a bard or fighter lvl and grab another barbarian level.

I haven't cared to look at the Server of What Might Go Live Or Might Not Release Notes, but those crit ranges you mention sure look an awfully lot like what they were trying to get rid of with the last Improved Critical adjustments pass.

Surely they're not rebreaking critical ranges again to absurd levels where it's more unusual to NOT crit?  That'd invalidate all the work they did rejiggering all the named weapons in game individually as well as every ImpCrit feat and textbox.  And we all know turbine plans better than that right?  Ah hell, who am I kidding.  Fucking turbine.  Fucking, fucking turbine.
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2016 at 1:53pm by Jiudark »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 1st, 2016 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
If you end up dumping the 26 extra AP in Kensai you will end up with power surge +mass con. If you put them in StD you will end up with +con. Should be fine either way, or you could get both, for a ludicrous amount of HP. You have blood tribute as well.

The bard levels are spaced out so the build has solid UMD as well. Smiley Honestly I do this just for teleport scrolls.

That crit range is only with En Pointe sadly, normal cleaves are just normal. But En Pointe is going to be a fighter's new besty.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2016 at 3:28am by »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 10th, 2016 at 1:06am
Print Post  
1 day away from greatness. Spartans, prepare for glory!

Althought TBH, using an SoS in heroics already feels like cheating...
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2016 at 2:00am by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint