Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Turbine and permanant job security (Read 9679 times)
Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Turbine and permanant job security
May 10th, 2016 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
OK seriously, what exactly do the fuck-wits at Turd-Slime gotta do to get sent home with pink slips? I think if Cordovan was to come into Severlin's office high as shit off bath salts and cola, lays gut down on his desk to start chewing on his stress ball reciting the theme song to Petticoat Junction, Sev would call a staff meeting for using that experience as developmental input for the next update.

Goddammit, they allowed for so many issues to get swept under the carpet daily for over a year. They resorted to sabotaging many mechanics that were perfectly fine. Now it's like a bunch of teenagers drunk on Boone's stealing a Yugo and driving it into the ground. But I must give my self a reality check. This is also WB. They just had the worst reviewed movie for Superman VS Batman. People came down so hard on Ben Ass-lick and for all the right reasons for the shoddy performance. So instead of changing the formula, what does WB do? They give Mr Ass-lick MORE creative control over the next Batman movies! They must have money to burn at the cost of the hatred of the fans. I'm counting down the days until DDO joins its younger predecessor Infinite Crisis. This shit is just too much. 
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2016 at 4:30pm by Novalis »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: Turbine and permanant job security
Reply #1 - May 10th, 2016 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 4:23pm:
OK seriously, what exactly do the fuck-wits at Turd-Slime gotta do to get sent home with pink slips? I think if Cordovan was to come into Severlin's office high as shit off bath salts and cola, lays gut down on his desk to start chewing on his stress ball reciting the theme song to Petticoat Junction, Sev would call a staff meeting for using that experience as developmental input for the next update.

Goddammit, they allowed for so many issues to get swept under the carpet daily for over a year. They resorted to sabotaging many mechanics that were perfectly fine. Now it's like a bunch of teenagers drunk on Boone's stealing a Yugo and driving it into the ground. But I must give my self a reality check. This is also WB. They just had the worst reviewed movie for Superman VS Batman. People came down so hard on Ben Ass-lick and for all the right reasons for the shoddy performance. So instead of changing the formula, what does WB do? They give Mr Ass-lick MORE creative control over the next Batman movies! They must have money to burn at the cost of the hatred of the fans. I'm counting down the days until DDO joins its younger predecessor Infinite Crisis. This shit is just too much. 

How do you know?  You claim that you no longer play, so how exactly do you experience the latest suck fest?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 10th, 2016 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
How do you know they Don't go into work high on bath salts daily?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - May 10th, 2016 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
We learned from the guy who made ET that the programmers of all your favorite atari games were high as shit. Maybe Turbine is just chill like that.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #4 - May 10th, 2016 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 5:09pm:
How do you know they Don't go into work high on bath salts daily?

They sure as shit ain't going in after a meeting with Mary-Jane.

They'd be a lot more creative if they did.

Perhaps they need to move from Boston to Colorado and get an "Employee Drug Plan" to cover that.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - May 10th, 2016 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 4:23pm:

Even though SvB was widely panned by critics and fans, it still made a buttload of money.  So, that's why.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 11th, 2016 at 3:01am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 7:15pm:
Even though SvB was widely panned by critics and fans, it still made a buttload of money.  So, that's why. 

I haven't seen it, so they didn't get my ~$20 for a IMAX ticket, which is the only way I watch movies these days.  So, one less fool at least.
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2016 at 3:01am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #7 - May 11th, 2016 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 3:01am:
I haven't seen it, so they didn't get my ~$20 for a IMAX ticket, which is the only way I watch movies these days.  So, one less fool at least.

it really wasn't that bad...people complained because it was dreary...it was a Batman movie for fuck sakes

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #8 - May 11th, 2016 at 10:07am
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 8:17am:
it really wasn't that bad...people complained because it was dreary...it was a Batman movie for fuck sakes

I agree.

It would have been better for me if Wonder Woman had added more value to the outcome and if they had done more to include her in the plot line of the movie.

Aside from that, I tempered my expectations by reading reviews of Gigli before watching Batman V Superman and was not disappointed.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #9 - May 11th, 2016 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 10:07am:
I agree.

It would have been better for me if Wonder Woman had added more value to the outcome and if they had done more to include her in the plot line of the movie.

Aside from that, I tempered my expectations by reading reviews of Gigli before watching Batman V Superman and was not disappointed.

Rent the Daredevil movie with Ben Affleck in it before you watch BvS.  If you do, BvS will be amazing in comparison.   

Granted, you will probably be left wondering what drugs someone was on that they would want to ever cast Affleck in a superhero role of another movie after seeing Daredevil.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #10 - May 11th, 2016 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 2:28pm:
Rent the Daredevil movie with Ben Affleck in it before you watch BvS.  If you do, BvS will be amazing in comparison.   

Granted, you will probably be left wondering what drugs someone was on that they would want to ever cast Affleck in a superhero role of another movie after seeing Daredevil.

Aw, I liked that one  Angry

But more for Elektra and Bullseye than Daredevil, so I guess you're right  Sad

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Reply #11 - May 12th, 2016 at 9:23am
Print Post  
You know that kid in middle school who couldn't stop talking shit about girls?  How dumb he thought they were and how he was so totally not in to them?  For Fucks Sake... stop being that guy. 

Regardless of how inept Turbine is (you aren't going to find anyone disagreeing with that sentiment here) this constant stream of "I so stopped playing the game yet I totally want to talk shit about it all the time" makes you look like an idiot trying to get over a grade school crush by stringing together streams of 'naughty' words and references to 'the drugs.'

The USA is having so many disasters and tragedies you'd almost think it was built on thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds.

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #12 - May 12th, 2016 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Spoon wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 9:23am:
You know that kid in middle school who couldn't stop talking shit about girls?  How dumb he thought they were and how he was so totally not in to them?  For Fucks Sake... stop being that guy. 

Regardless of how inept Turbine is (you aren't going to find anyone disagreeing with that sentiment here) this constant stream of "I so stopped playing the game yet I totally want to talk shit about it all the time" makes you look like an idiot trying to get over a grade school crush by stringing together streams of 'naughty' words and references to 'the drugs.'

So the career fanboi sock with all of now 6 posts decides to chime in. Some of those posts were to attack me in previous posts. Some shit never changes.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - May 12th, 2016 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 11:51am:
So the career fanboi sock with all of now 6 posts decides to chime in. Some of those posts were to attack me in previous posts. Some shit never changes.  Roll Eyes

Post count = authority?  Is that really what you want to assert here?

'Cause you have under 200.

I also have under 200.

But that doesn't mean I gobble the cocks of those who have a few thousand posts.

Choose your words carefully.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #14 - May 13th, 2016 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 10:35pm:
But that doesn't mean I gobble the cocks of those who have a few thousand posts.

Why wait, Amirite?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - May 13th, 2016 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 13th, 2016 at 5:42pm:
Why wait, Amirite?

I'll take your word on that.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Reply #16 - May 14th, 2016 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 11:51am:

Its completely true.  Turbine, overflowing with money, hired me to come here and personally attack you.  Myself, being able to find no job other than career internet troll, decided that sounded like a good offer for what I'm sure is a sweet salary.   Because, your thought provoking posts are the only ones on this forum calling out Turbine on their stupidity.  I mean, try as I might, I cant find a single other negative post about Turbine here (not even my own posts, and again at 6 posts I know it was fucking impossible to verify) so I attack you alone. 

So I tip my hat at you good sir for realizing that the only person who would imply you are a dumbass is a paid turbine troll.  My cover is blown [P4P please note you can use that for your faggot tourettes comeback]

Or, and just throwing this out here, you could have read the "6 other posts" I had at that time and saw that none of them attacked you, and some of them noted Turbine's incompetenence.  But I know, that requires some effort, a lack of narcissism, and perhaps an intellect advanced enough to realize the world doesn't boil down to into mutually exclusive groups where anyone not agreeing with everything you say is a fanboi.  Again, kind of like how once people graduated from high school they realized not everyone was defined by binary identities of jock, geek, chess-club.....oh my god.  Man I'm sorry, I was implying you had the mentality of a grade-schooler, are you actually a grade schooler?  Is that why your posts are just one note affairs trotting out a childish understanding of sexual orientation and substance abuse as a substitute for informed criticism?  I'm sorry, I would never have called you a dumbass then.  Can't have you learning more foul language before its age appropriate.

The USA is having so many disasters and tragedies you'd almost think it was built on thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #17 - May 14th, 2016 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Spoon wrote on May 14th, 2016 at 2:12pm:
Its completely true.  Turbine, overflowing with money, hired me to come here and personally attack you.  Myself, being able to find no job other than career internet troll, decided that sounded like a good offer for what I'm sure is a sweet salary.   Because, your thought provoking posts are the only ones on this forum calling out Turbine on their stupidity.  I mean, try as I might, I cant find a single other negative post about Turbine here (not even my own posts, and again at 6 posts I know it was fucking impossible to verify) so I attack you alone. 

So I tip my hat at you good sir for realizing that the only person who would imply you are a dumbass is a paid turbine troll.  My cover is blown [P4P please note you can use that for your faggot tourettes comeback]

Or, and just throwing this out here, you could have read the "6 other posts" I had at that time and saw that none of them attacked you, and some of them noted Turbine's incompetenence.  But I know, that requires some effort, a lack of narcissism, and perhaps an intellect advanced enough to realize the world doesn't boil down to into mutually exclusive groups where anyone not agreeing with everything you say is a fanboi.  Again, kind of like how once people graduated from high school they realized not everyone was defined by binary identities of jock, geek, chess-club.....oh my god.  Man I'm sorry, I was implying you had the mentality of a grade-schooler, are you actually a grade schooler?  Is that why your posts are just one note affairs trotting out a childish understanding of sexual orientation and substance abuse as a substitute for informed criticism?  I'm sorry, I would never have called you a dumbass then.  Can't have you learning more foul language before its age appropriate.

They pay you in copper, gold, or plat?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #18 - May 14th, 2016 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 13th, 2016 at 7:34pm:
I'll take your word on that.

That too?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #19 - May 14th, 2016 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Spoon wrote on May 14th, 2016 at 2:12pm:

Do you play the HUMAN pac-Man games in the empty office space and do you LOVE Bagel Friday and Free Fruit Tuesday?

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 14th, 2016 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
notajedi wrote on May 14th, 2016 at 6:30pm:
Do you play the HUMAN pac-Man games in the empty office space and do you LOVE Bagel Friday and Free Fruit Tuesday?

Don't the forget the massages - they have a massage Monday or some shit too.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - May 14th, 2016 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on May 14th, 2016 at 7:59pm:
Don't the forget the massages - they have a massage Monday or some shit too.

With happy endings provided by Tolero. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - May 15th, 2016 at 3:56am
Print Post  
?

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - May 15th, 2016 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on May 15th, 2016 at 3:56am:

Tolero's looking better these days.

IP Logged

Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Reply #24 - May 16th, 2016 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 11th, 2016 at 2:28pm:
Rent the Daredevil movie with Ben Affleck in it

Fuck that Rent Gigli and ask yourself why the fuck they allow him in ANY film anymore... I mean even J-Lo's ass can't make you ignore the stain of that shit

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint