Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Electric Critzilla (Read 32684 times)
painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Re: Electric Critzilla
Reply #25 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 10:07am
Print Post  
am running this and it's a frigging glass cannon but it is fun.  big damage AOE and about 220 hit points at level 14...I kill a lot of stuff and I die every quest (almost) and it's a nice change.  will see how it goes in epic, but is a lot of fun in heroic

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Smiley I'm gathing lgs mats while trying out a fighter kensai build. Let me know how it turns out!

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Mkay, so I figured I was leaving too much damage on the table. Since I'm going int based, I can drop electric loop which is the weakest SLA and and 2% crit for KTA, while getting dire charge at 29.

Can swap tactics gear in and abishai out at 29. Maybe swap abishai out earlier. Maybe not even use it.

This will bring the multiplier up another 1.5x, for 60x damage.

The remaining sorc SLA shocking grasp has no save, so we can dump stat charisma, and go max int/con, fixing some of the glass cannon problems.

Ludicrous speed! Now!
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2016 at 9:17am by »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:09am
Print Post  
are you Tilomere?

Edit: just figured out actually you are Tilomere... I've never seen you do anything useful ingame, you just keep doing all crazy builds that never work in practice. Don't know why people give you so much attention, I have to go with the other guy here, all this people are just trolling or are fucking tards.
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:14am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 10:09am:
are you Tilomere?

Edit: just figured out actually you are Tilomere... I've never seen you do anything useful ingame, you just keep doing all crazy builds that never work in practice. Don't know why people give you so much attention, I have to go with the other guy here, all this people are just trolling or are fucking tards.

That was pretty funny actually.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Someone rolled a 20 on their save vs. mass hypnosis.

/winds up lightning bolt
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2016 at 12:49pm by »  

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
@Tilo looking to TR into this after I finish my 20 MOD runs would you be able to provide the leveling order? Also what are the projected hits/crits looking like for the SLAs on this? is it the DPS listed in your post X multiplier?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 1:21am
Print Post  
Updated. And yes, the average damage per SLA is the base x multiplier.

For example, LB on a mob stunned by dire charge will average ~12k.

I'm not sure whether or not I should go fleshy or robot, but with massive spell power, repair amp, spell crit and multiplier, even repair critical/serious are pretty solid healing.

My test build iconic was deep gnome, and did fairly well. Started with too low a wisdom for spot though.

I need 6 more levels before I swap to this. I have enough LGS mats now.
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2016 at 1:53am by »  

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Would you be able to post the leveling order? Not sure which classes go where on the way to 20th.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
12 Arti > 5 Sorc > 3 Wiz

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
ah, you wouldn't want to finish with 1 arti to max out trap skills?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
No need on int based build. Worst case scenario ill swap in a +33 int skills LGS item.

I think robot it is. Magistar and arcane caster levels are going to push the repair spells to near max power, and will make them very strong.

I'm sensing repair critical is going to heal for 600 or so non-crit with metas.

Dropped the abishai sillyness. Now more room for tankyness.

Also as you grow in power, eventually hard casted blast rod and lightning bolt will become so powerful you will want to hard cast them over weaker slas.
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2016 at 1:02pm by »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Mmm now that I'm swapping to KTA and dropped abishai set I've been rethinking race and level split.

Definitely want to swap 1 sorc level to arti for caster levels. So 13/4/3.

Think it would be best to drop two more and go 15/2/3 and get reconstruct. I have a feeling if we are dire charging into the middle of the fray we will need it.

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
TRed to this yesterday and have been having a good time with repeaters and int to damage while I wait for the levels needed to start rocking the electricity slas.  Would you be able to outline the enhancements for this build?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Jun 28th, 2016 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
I haven't figured that out yet. Level 27 as vangaurd wolf still. With 31 total ED points, as a robot can swap up twists as well to get more DCs.
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2016 at 6:33pm by »  

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 3:00am
Print Post  
Looking for enhancements not EDs

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 3:52am
Print Post  
Quote:
Enhancements (200 SP, 16% Crit, 2 caster levels 3 DC)
25>12 Air Savant T4 C2 (68 SP, 8% Crit, 2 caster levels) > swap 8 out for KTA at 29 (can swap out more if you want repair amp or something else)
39 AT T5C4 (107 SP, 4% Crit, 3 DC)
15 AM T3 C2 (25 SP, 4% crit)
0->8 Harper KTA (for dire charge)

looks like :
20 ap into air savant for tier 3 and core 2 (spell crit, electrocution)

39 ap into arcanotech for tier 5 and core  4

14 ap into archmage for tier 3 and core 1.   --  tilo, why core 2 in am tho? the fak, breh. web, knock? seems like waste of 1 ap. if you spend more than 14 in am and more than 6 into kta would be impossible to put 21 into savant for electric loop sla tier 1. yw

6 harper for kta

« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2016 at 3:53am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Invis + Blur SLA. By the time you hit 29, your hard cast blast rod and lb and other spells will be so much more powerful than electric loop SLA it is best to just drop it for KTA.

The base damage of the SLA is just too weak, and too few targets.

Electric Loop 45 (dropping for KTA at 29 for dire charge, or for wings)

At 40x multiplier as an SLA, this will hit for 1800 dmg with a max of 4 targets.

Because our spell power is so high, we can actually start looking at hard cast non-meta spells for damage.

SLA Spell Power: 1104 (12.04x dmg)

A non-meta hard cast blast rod at 30x damage for example, will hit for 5k in a huge AoE, and no max targets.

Blast Rod SLA 169

So I was planning on dropping electric loop SLA for wings when it made sense to no longer use it, and then dropping T4 Air Savant altogether for KTA.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2016 at 11:58am by »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
The high level full AoE rotation:

Dire Charge > Lightning Motes SLA > Blast Rod SLA > Lightning Sphere SLA > Lightning Motes > Blast Rod > Lightning Sphere

even if dire charge fails to stun is going to do something like:

(40x + 30x) Lightning Sphere SLA 84
(40x + 30x) Blast Rod SLA 169
(40x + 30x) Lightning Motes 130
Arcane bolt 0
1/2 a fire spell 0

= 70x 383 = 27k.

Dire charge stunned targets will take more.

What's nice about it is that it is an unending rotation you can just repeat until you run out of mobs, with stuns and no-save dazes every few seconds tossed in to reposition. I think mana will hold. We'll find out.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:20pm by »  

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
What do you think of going to wizard 5 for displacement rather then stretching to 15 arti for reconstruct?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So I was planning on dropping electric loop SLA for wings when it made sense to no longer use it, and then dropping T4 Air Savant altogether for KTA.

I wouldnt spend more than 6 for kta. it's a one time thing per pack of trash right before dire charge. Like an energy burst sorta. The loop is just for some other type of cc, if your dc is good enough to not get saved on, then loop's will dc would be highly effective. hellball is your only spell that cannot be evaded.

Edit: am wrong, sphere cant be saved for daze effect, and it's fort based for damage so cannot be evaded. possibly better putting another point into kta then to save mana costs.

I cant in good conscience allow you to take blur sla for ap. ;p

15/2/3 loses approx 20 spellpower from less ap into savant and no core 2, loss of 1 CL, and 2% electric crit chance. Not really sure where else 10 ap will recoup some of that. At least not feasibly, can get 6 universal power and 1 more int from harper i suppose.

« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2016 at 1:33pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #46 - Jun 29th, 2016 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The high level full AoE rotation:

Dire Charge > Lightning Motes SLA > Blast Rod SLA > Lightning Sphere SLA > Lightning Motes > Blast Rod > Lightning Sphere

even if dire charge fails to stun is going to do something like:

(40x + 30x) Lightning Sphere SLA 84
(40x + 30x) Blast Rod SLA 169
(40x + 30x) Lightning Motes 130
Arcane bolt 0
1/2 a fire spell 0

= 70x 383 = 27k.

Dire charge stunned targets will take more.

What's nice about it is that it is an unending rotation you can just repeat until you run out of mobs, with stuns and no-save dazes every few seconds tossed in to reposition. I think mana will hold. We'll find out.

I am on the fence about re-upping sub to try this build. Kudos! Might have listed it in post elsewhere I didn't see but what are you doing on lightning immune targets? Hellball?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 1:27pm:
I cant in good conscience allow you to take blur sla for ap. ;p

15/2/3 loses approx 20 spellpower from less ap into savant and no core 2, loss of 1 CL, and 2% electric crit chance. Not really sure where else 10 ap will recoup some of that. At least not feasibly, can get 6 universal power and 1 more int from harper i suppose.

Hellball, static shock, shocking grasp, and sphere cant be evaded.

You and I have displacement clickies, but not everyone does Smiley Honestly I have them but stopped using them a long time ago. Someone in this thread was even asking about 5 wiz, which would also work. It would lose caster levels and reconstruct but you could smoothen the rotation by taking arcane blast as a T5.

Spell power loss is relatively small, as is 2% crit when you are at 70%. CL loss is only on shocking grasp, since you are moving levels to arti. Gain of a working dire charge for closing the gap for shorter range spells and stun I hope will pay off. Will find out!

On electric immunes in heroics use a repeater and runearm. In epics toss a few no-save dazes and let your party take everything apart, tossing hell balls and rune arm blasts.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #48 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 7:07am
Print Post  
This is probably one of the most interesting builds I have seen in a long time.  Thanks for the break down.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Quote:
You and I have displacement clickies, but not everyone does

I do not. I had**. But was butsekzd by turbine. New account aint got shit on it, breh.

Quote:
Spell power loss is relatively small, as is 2% crit when you are at 70%. CL loss is only on shocking grasp, since you are moving levels to arti.

Recon is worth it anyway even if the loss was higher. Not sure how high your other repair spells are getting. If you can get one to hit for 800 you dont need recon then and can keep more spellpower.

Quote:
5 wiz, which would also work. It would lose caster levels and reconstruct but you could smoothen the rotation by taking arcane blast as a T5.

And Arcane Supremacy. No displacement is huge, imo. Should prolly get displace self cast on build and see how high you can push repair spells with repair amp cloak and metas.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint