Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Electric Critzilla (Read 32631 times)
Tilo
Ex Member

Re: Electric Critzilla
Reply #75 - Aug 27th, 2016 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
I never tested it. But if it isn't lightning immune, you can pretty much gib it.

Try the /3 warlock one out. I have a feeling it is going to be tons of fun.
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2016 at 10:45pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #76 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:21am
Print Post  
So I'm actually looking at the undead 12/7/1. Obv enhancements have to change for undead form, but I guess just take the basic ones for zombie?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #77 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 1:00am
Print Post  
Why are you taking Evo SF feats? Isn't your DC gonna be a joke anyway? What are you using with a save?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #78 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Yea, just take some from air savant and move them over for zombie I guess. I played with someone with that split and they were rocking.

You have to drop your ASF down  to heal as a wiz.
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2016 at 1:06am by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #79 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Quote:
Yea, just take some from air savant and move them over for zombie I guess. I played with someone with that split and they were rocking.

I would go fleshy if undead version, meaning no ASF.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #80 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Quote:

What would you even take in Air savant with 1 level of sorc?

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #81 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 10:47am
Print Post  
i just did this on lama...
-i fucked up and only did 4 wizy so no arcane blast
-i didnt take the time to get a guild so no ship buffs
- i only grabed gear from the cabnits going back to u 28 i think it was  (mark of death)
---i soloed slave lords on le

ether this is a great build or slave lords sucks. i vote both

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 10:47am:
---i soloed slave lords on le

Grin You are really going to base the strength of a toon on a chain of quests that has already been said on the mother boards is waaay to easy on LE  Grin

LE quests are not the benchmark for good builds...the only benchmark is Legendary Elite Shroud, maybe, maybe Legendary Elite Tempest spine, but spine is way easy even on LE...

Again, not hating the build it is cleverly thought out and all, but how does it deal with LE raid mobs? How long does it take to down a LE raid mob, from 1st contact?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #83 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
I could faceroll trash in LE shroud with mortal fear 2.0, using a cannith crafted repeater and AH gear, doing nothing more than holding auto attack down.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/471686-Fortitude-Saves-in-Legendary-El...

By your own definition, mortal fear 2.0 is a good build! Smiley

« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:00pm by »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 3:32pm:
Grin You are really going to base the strength of a toon on a chain of quests that has already been said on the mother boards is waaay to easy on LE  Grin

LE quests are not the benchmark for good builds...the only benchmark is Legendary Elite Shroud, maybe, maybe Legendary Elite Tempest spine, but spine is way easy even on LE...

Again, not hating the build it is cleverly thought out and all, but how does it deal with LE raid mobs? How long does it take to down a LE raid mob, from 1st contact?

The new quests are indeed very easy, when I did for the first time I was shocked and was checking the xp log to see if I really was on elite. But while I agree it's not a good benchmark, I belive LE quests solo can be reasonable, but there is an if:

If the time is good. Because a crap build like a past life/warlock 10 can solo any LE quest just as well, so time is what really matters. Unless we are talking about a build designed for a specific role like tanking, in this case you can except a somewhat worse time, but on the other hand it would have to proof it's capacity to play the specific role.

If you want to see the performace of this build check this channel out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqXl4hCSPECrFyeA8B5HVKw

The guy is a flower sniffer so you can't judge it for the crazy completion times, just focus on the performance. It's worse than a pure sorc. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULo43_9FBIU

At 15:45 he starts beating boss. Ok boss lost some hp while he was clearing the trash but let's give that to him. So, boss has 115k. Boss dies at 17:15, that's a minute and half. That's 1227 damage per second at lv 26 (he said he was lv 26). Don't think it gets that much better to 30.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I could faceroll trash in LE shroud with mortal fear 2.0, using a cannith crafted repeater and AH gear, doing nothing more than holding auto attack down.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/471686-Fortitude-Saves-in-Legendary-El...

By your own definition, mortal fear 2.0 is a good build! Smiley

lol a WIS based bard/arti1/wlk1 with repeater what are you smoking?

To start with you probably only granze with that shit. Did you actually try it or is it more one of your many allucinations?

Faceroll trash in LE shroud? Video or never happened
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:32pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #86 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 12:38am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:24pm:
If you want to see the performace of this build check this channel out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqXl4hCSPECrFyeA8B5HVKw

That's an arcane blast using build without MoK and 15 Arti/5 wiz levels. But you probably didn't notice that.  Sad

It's not the same class split, enhancement setup, feat setup, or ED setup as the build above.  It's another test build for MoK vs no MoK and arcane blast vs. repeater use to see what is going on.

It will still come together though. Just have a little faith.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 9:28pm:
Faceroll trash in LE shroud? Video or never happened

Last time I actually made such a build to ranged gib anything in the game and posted screenshot proof it got nuked from orbit.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457580-Mecha-Critzilla?p=5570504&viewf...

Turbine is fine with troll builds floating around. When they become promoted reality though, they tend to nerfhammer first, ask questions later.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2016 at 2:46am by »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #87 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 12:52am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 28th, 2016 at 1:00am:
Why are you taking Evo SF feats? Isn't your DC gonna be a joke anyway? What are you using with a save?

The feats are prerequisites to magistar and draconic ED abilities. DCs just work out.

I'm not worried about this build. I like it so much I'm getting sorc past lives which I already know I won't need to go back to it.

This is the build I could use help with:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478212-Blunt-Force-Trauma

I'm wondering about swapping my pure 20 first life shroud farmer warlock to it. I've done US and shiradi already for months, need to swap it up.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2016 at 1:31am by »  

IP Logged

tapster
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 6:30am
Print Post  
So what if you dropped WW for the BFT build? It seems that a couple of AOE attacks every 12 seconds on an already massively AOE capable build is overkill. If you took the full TWF feat line, IC:B and a.n.other you lose the WW but gain 60% offhand single target DPS on every hit and GC.

Plus go light armour and take evasion at T6?

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #89 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 7:33am
Print Post  
Nice write up on the BFT build.

I havn't played a tree build but have seen a number of them in action.

It looks like a lot of work to keep max up-time in tree form but as a pure warlock the down-time doesn't seem as gimped out to me.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Quote:
That's an arcane blast using build without MoK and 15 Arti/5 wiz levels. But you probably didn't notice that.  Sad

It will still come together though. Just have a little faith.

I have faith... waiting to se you post the performance at cap. I'm not impressed yet.

Quote:
Last time I actually made such a build to ranged gib anything in the game and posted screenshot proof it got nuked from orbit.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/457580-Mecha-Critzilla?p=5570504&viewf...

Turbine is fine with troll builds floating around. When they become promoted reality though, they tend to nerfhammer first, ask questions later.

More excuses, so many excuses.... nobody is going to nuke you out of the orbit in the Vault because of exploits, that's why we post here.

Like you tend to do in all your builds, you have to include crazy math on it: trading weapons to get holy sword. It's as dumb as putting vulnerability stacks in the calc. Of course you were nuked out of the orbit to write that: not because it's a feature, but because that's just dumb.

And no, Turbine didn't nerf Holy Sword because of your post.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2016 at 10:57am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #91 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Mm interesting idea on twf + evasion. Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2016 at 1:47pm by »  

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #92 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 28th, 2016 at 1:00am:

my dc on electric loop from wiz was 69 i only had 4 lvs wiz so thats pretty damn good imo. a little work and i coulda got higher

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #93 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
New to the thread, and seem to have come late. However, is there a reason for not taking Scion of Air instead of Scion of Fire? (Does it not stack with something else that I am not seeing?)

BTW - This build looks to be excellent - I will be trying it out.  Thank you for your efforts, as well as your sharing.

+1 to you sir

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #94 - Sep 4th, 2016 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Fire is crit multiplier, so you take it on every caster regardless of what type of damage you deal.

You also want non-air for repeater use on lightning immunes between hellballs.

Not me, but someone else having fun with build, no raid gear, has reconstruct SLA and more tankyness so fewer dps enhancements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=_WYW31dTkKg
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2016 at 4:53am by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #95 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 11:42am
Print Post  
I TR'd my crafter into this because 6 crafting levels from 12 Arty is better than zero.

I have some questions tho. I went Drow/Undead 12/7/1 for max Int. What is the point of 1 sorc in this build? Casting speed doesn't matter since we aren't Shiradi using Sorc missiles. When you had more sorc levels I understand it was for Sorc SLA's and enhancements.

Without any Xbow feats, I'm confused why you're suggesting this build can kill things in epics with a crossbow. That seems pretty unreasonable.

Suggested enhancements are pretty illegible in the OP for this split. At 18, I'm going 40'ish points in to Arcano for SLAs, 6 into PM for zombie, and 20'ish into AM for crit/int/spell power. I haven't taken sorc yet and will at level 20 (maybe). SLA damage is pretty good at lvl 18, like 500-1000 damage per cast with all metas.

My concern is still what to do on lightning immune mobs. Assuming no Xbow eventually we'll have Hellball, and that's about it. Is there any sense in taking Arcane pulse for red names and especially Lightning immune red names over Dire Charge? If not, what tweaks could be made to diversify this things damage just ever so slightly?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #96 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
1 Sorc gives 10 spell power from air savant core 1, and you don't lose a caster level on arti abilities because it also gives a caster level back.

It also gives 2% crit, and 25 more spell power from electrocution.

35 spell power and 2% crit without losing any caster levels is basically a freebie.

The 7 wiz and 5 caster levels from ED is 12 total, so it will be at the even # break point for negative energy aura, so you don't lose aura healing from it either.

So the 1 sorc is just for free damage.

The level 20 ap spread is given in a picture in post 6. Your build will be close to it. Just sorta wing it since you have a different split.

Aside from repeater, there is also the ED choice. I changed to make the build draconic 20-24, and said try magistar at 24, so you can take energy vortex and dragon breaths of non-lightning, and swap to magistar when you no longer need draconic damage. I leveled as magistar, but others testing the build found what I realized which was draconic is stronger at low levels.

This gives you huge DCs and damage from some other element based on int whenever you need it. The build used to be pure magistar, but draconic with try magistar to see if it works is better.

Making a non-dire charge build is heresy.

At 27 you can get MoK and use arcane blast and bolt.

Sorc slas suck, just don't use them, regardless of caster level.

If it doesn't work out, just find solace in how cool of a build you are making. You are starting as a drow, transforming into a robot, transforming back to drow, and finally ending up as a zombie!
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2016 at 4:28pm by »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #97 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Making a non-dire charge build is heresy.

Harbinger of Madness
or
Arcane Pulse

for every build

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint