Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Kensei Shuriken (Read 56501 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: Kensei Shuriken
Reply #125 - Dec 19th, 2016 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
Bythe way, threat reduction from Rebellion stacks with Occultation (from Dark Diversion).

Actually, Occultation stacks with everything as far as I can tell because it is an enhancement bonus, whereas all other gear bonuses that I looked at (Diversion, Stealth Strike, Treason, Rebellion) are insight.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2016 at 7:09pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

MisterHank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #126 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Dear Mr. 5 Foot Step,

Forgive me for not reading all the posts in this thread, because lazy, but I haz a question:

Don't you think taking away some AP from kensei or ninja spy and putting them into AA tree would be more dps? With your 386 spellpower the imbue would hit for 3x as much (9d8 instead of 3d8), which is about 130 more, not taking into consideration the spellpower increase. No, wait, nevermind just did some rough math and seems like the 20 ranged power from kensei is more dps in the end....

What about sting of the ninja tho, no clue of its dps but a lot of mob types are immune to poison damage (ew, poison damage), also, it has a 3 sec cooldown and everything you hit probably won't last long enough to gain more than two stacks. That's 2 whole AP, free 1 more and you can get another 2d8 imbue dice...

Btw I'm not sure but isn't critical damage 40% of base damage instead of 35% (5% chance for +200% and 10% chance for +300%)?

Also, did you take melee power in physical shuriken damage calculation, instead of ranged power? Cuz it says MP: "168.74375 x 2.39 (MP)", and seems like different number than used for ranged power in your calculation of the sneak damage.

One more thing, what about the force imbue, it has smaller damage dice but hey, its irresistable! ..... What am I saying you can have both, and just switch according to mob resistances/immunities.

Lemme know what you think.

Game on!

*whispers: manyshot.... 0.o*

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #127 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
MisterHank wrote on Jan 9th, 2017 at 9:22am:
Dear Mr. 5 Foot Step,

Sup.

Don't you think taking away some AP from kensei or ninja spy and putting them into AA tree would be more dps? With your 386 spellpower the imbue would hit for 3x as much (9d8 instead of 3d8), which is about 130 more, not taking into consideration the spellpower increase. No, wait, nevermind just did some rough math and seems like the 20 ranged power from kensei is more dps in the end....

Kensei is indeed more. Also, higher tiers of AA would require more ranger levels, also costing RP from 10K (or being Helf, costing a feat and extra AP)

What about sting of the ninja tho, no clue of its dps but a lot of mob types are immune to poison damage (ew, poison damage), also, it has a 3 sec cooldown and everything you hit probably won't last long enough to gain more than two stacks. That's 2 whole AP, free 1 more and you can get another 2d8 imbue dice...

Sting does not work the way that you think it does. The tooltip is poorly worded, the listed cooldown is for the stance activation, not the proc, lol. It does not have a cooldown, it primarily damages on proc, and very few things are immune to supernatural poison, even the ones that probably should be (including undead). Full stacks are pretty common on anything that doesn't die immediately, and also it doubles my quiver of poison damage when stacked.

2d8*3.84=34.74

vs

20d4 * 2 = 100 * .15 = 15 x 2.39 = 35.85 + (11 / 2 = 5.5) quiver = 41.35, not counting the rare occasions when you don't crit for 3 full seconds and the DoT tick goes off.

Adding 4d8 more to elemental arrows would obviously be more than just Sting, but then you also losing dex, SA, etc from moving 13 AP in addition to the race/class change problem.

Btw I'm not sure but isn't critical damage 40% of base damage instead of 35% (5% chance for +200% and 10% chance for +300%)?

The critical damage is indeed +40%, but that is also where I account for auto misses on rolled 1s, so 40 - 5.

Also, did you take melee power in physical shuriken damage calculation, instead of ranged power? Cuz it says MP: "168.74375 x 2.39 (MP)", and seems like different number than used for ranged power in your calculation of the sneak damage.

That was a typo. Generally RP and MP are interchangeable in these calcs; however, the poison talk above made me notice that poison is supposed to scale with MP and not RP. I will have to confirm in game (I will see if poison damage goes up on 10k), and then take 10k and feat RP out of the sting calc if not.

Also, SA scales with 150% RP. So if 139 RP is normally a 2.39 multiplier then 139 is a 3.08 multiplier for SA damage (139 * 1.5 = 208.5 / 100 = 2.08 + 1 = 3.08)

One more thing, what about the force imbue, it has smaller damage dice but hey, its irresistable! ..... What am I saying you can have both, and just switch according to mob resistances/immunities.

It is lower and it costs more AP since you still have to buy the elemental arrows to advance it. "Irresistable" is not strictly speaking true. Force does not get lowered by mob MRR, but there are still mobs with force absorption (including all golems IIRC, and maybe some other stuff.) I use acid right now, which is not widely resisted. If there were a hypothetical highly acid resistant endgame quest (or if I went fire for some reason and wanted to run the shroud, etc), then I would just reset enhancements to change elements before and after that quest. I've got 4 million plat on multiple characters, it's no big deal.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #128 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Most devils and demons in DDO are at least somewhat resistant to acid. 

The only things that are resistant or immune to force damage are golems and a few specific named monsters.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Monster_DR_and_weaknesses

IP Logged

10 Yard Leap
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #129 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 27th, 2016 at 2:56pm:
Athletic Mastery 3/3

Hello, I just tred into this build and ran into one complication. For Athletic Mastery it says a prereq is mobility and I don't see it in your build. Is there something I am missing or...?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #130 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
10 Yard Leap wrote on Jan 11th, 2017 at 6:11pm:
Hello, I just tred into this build and ran into one complication.

PM me on that.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #131 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
10 Yard Leap wrote on Jan 11th, 2017 at 6:11pm:
Hello, I just tred into this build and ran into one complication. For Athletic Mastery it says a prereq is mobility and I don't see it in your build. Is there something I am missing or...?

You can probably just level with mobility, train athletic mastery, and then swap out mobility.

IP Logged

10 Yard Leap
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #132 - Jan 14th, 2017 at 12:44am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 5:04pm:
You can probably just level with mobility, train athletic mastery, and then swap out mobility.

Just tried this and it just reset my enhancements.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #133 - Jan 14th, 2017 at 1:08am
Print Post  
oh then there's something else I don't know about. PM FFS

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #134 - Jan 16th, 2017 at 10:23am
Print Post  
So I was previously able to use a Mobility item to take Athletic Mastery. I was trying to sort out how to replicate step by step over the weekend, but couldn't get it to work again. So either they fixed it or I'm missing something that I had before....or maybe some items work and others don't?

For the build, you can either accept 3 lower dodge and spend those AP elsewhere, or drop a feat to take mobility. (Probably WS:ranged, then if you drop that you will also want to drop WF: Ranged and take Shot on the Run.)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #135 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Updated the build post, adding mobility, shot on the run, elusive target and fixing the leveling order/feat order.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1464380712/81#81
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2017 at 1:47pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

nagus
Ex Member

Reply #136 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Very cool stuff.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #137 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 3:00am
Print Post  
I don't believe Ranger past lives give damage to shuriken. I tested it a couple years ago, so I suppose it could have changed. Have you tested it?

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #138 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 3:22am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 28th, 2017 at 3:00am:
I don't believe Ranger past lives give damage to shuriken. I tested it a couple years ago, so I suppose it could have changed. Have you tested it?

You are correct Jak, ranger lives give no buff to any throw weapons. It's one of the few areas where the tool-tip is spot on. Tested after the most recent patch.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #139 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You are correct Jak, ranger lives give no buff to any throw weapons. It's one of the few areas where the tool-tip is spot on. Tested after the most recent patch.

+1

The more I think about it and hear about Reaper config, I think 5Foots most recent build will really perform very well. The reason I say that is maximum fire rate will end up being crucial since the best strategy on trash on a 10 Skull run will just be level drains.

You will suffer some slow down in DPS versus things you can't you can't level drain with slayer + adren with x3 crit and x4 on a manyshot, but until we play more Reaper we just won't know what takes more time in quest: killing trash or meatbag reapers and red named champs that can't be drained or instakilled.

In any case, this is a really great build, and with Reaper changing so many things I'm just not sure what the best build approach will be until we get it on live and playtest for a while.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #140 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
It's also not lost on me that with 90ish Dex, and 3.5 Shuri's per active attack, that Executioners shot with 7 shadow charges is a base 84 Fort DC instakill. Combined with some basic debuffs (/1 Warlock for Taint the Blood, Bodybreaker on a T3 TF Shuri for another -5, with or without Ruby of Endless Night) means that you could very easily have a ranged instakill with an effective 90+ DC as you line up and CC mobs before hitting the Executioner active attack....

Maybe we don't need Terror Arrows after all.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #141 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 28th, 2017 at 1:53pm:
10 Skull run will just be level drains.

harharharhar wrote on Jan 28th, 2017 at 2:00pm:
It's also not lost on me that with 90ish Dex, and 3.5 Shuri's per active attack, that Executioners shot with 7 shadow charges is a base 84 Fort DC instakill. Combined with some basic debuffs (/1 Warlock for Taint the Blood, Bodybreaker on a T3 TF Shuri for another -5, with or without Ruby of Endless Night) means that you could very easily have a ranged instakill with an effective 90+ DC as you line up and CC mobs before hitting the Executioner active attack....

Maybe we don't need Terror Arrows after all.

You must have missed SS's post:

Steel wrote on Jan 27th, 2017 at 12:49am:
I'm afraid that Instal kills; spells, terror missiles, etc shouldn't be on this list.

The deathward property of Champions is not only ubiquitous but cannot be dispelled by Dispel spells or Dispel missiles. Any 3 or more skull rating is going to insure you will see multiples of them in every encounter.

bah.
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2017 at 5:58pm by »  

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #142 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 28th, 2017 at 1:53pm:

harharharhar wrote on Jan 28th, 2017 at 2:00pm:

Quote:

Dev's addressed it last night:

Cocomo said: Quote:
Yes we wanted a blanket immunity for those instant death effects on certain mobs if we needed it.

This has my old man furious, he filled teamspeak all day with complaints about how SSG won't be happy until DDO is a glorified FPS, all vanilla, kills class differences.. and on and on.. good thing they are sneaking it in, a fair bit of the population would jump on this if widely understood.

And in regards to Lev draining tactics, which I thought was a viable compromise:

Cocomo said: Quote:
This change effects Death Ward and "Champions DeathBlock" which I posited means we should likely change the name of that buff to Death Ward to increase consistency.

I'm seeing this as a very unfortunate return to the 'play the way we design for you to play' philosophy from Severlin and his team of Devs. I'm sure most of you have noticed that it rears it head now and then before fading. My mates and I had for the most part moved on from Terror to other builds until Reaper came around and made it relevant again, this move by SSG puts Terror focused builds back on the shelf, except for non-reaper play. But in all honesty Reaper play will be the focus of play for the foreseeable future. I don't know how I feel about that myself I tend to see it as pretty restricting and flawed, but I am looking forward to challenge. We are already working on new approaches and testing. Once Reaper goes live the arms race will be on again. 
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2017 at 8:26pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #143 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
oh well.

Back to dps then

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #144 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Hmm. Never noticed that.

I believe you, but I'm not convinced that the tooltip is correct. Because a thrown attack is a ranged attack, regardless of arbitrary feat tree categorizations.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #145 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 2:12pm:
Hmm. Never noticed that.

I believe you, but I'm not convinced that the tooltip is correct. Because a thrown attack is a ranged attack, regardless of arbitrary feat tree categorizations.

Super easy to confirm, turn off all APs and use a mundane bow, and then use mundane thrown weapon. The +2 damage per level only shows up on the listed weapons, nadda on thrown.
« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2017 at 7:21pm by »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #146 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Back to the drawing board.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #147 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:15pm:
Back to the drawing board.

Ranger levels are shit now?  Sad

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #148 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Yeah, ranger levels are obsolete.

My suggestion:

A) temporary if you don't want to eat +2 heart - just redistribute 8 points from AA:

+ Deepwood Stalker: Stealthy (3/3) for extra Sneak dice and 3 hide - 3 AP
+ Ninja spy: Stealthy (3/3) (was 2/3) - for extra 1 hide - 1 AP
+ Human Action Surge : Dexterity (3/3) - 3 AP
+ Monk Shintao: core 1 Bastion of Purity - 10 Hamp & 10 positive SP - 1 AP
= for total 5-10 (1d6+4) extra sneak dmg (avg 7,5) some hamp and +3 Dex if you use Thunderforged kama that replenish action boosts Wink

B) eat +3 heart, go for extra 2 monk levels, and start gearing decent INT bonus (at least 10+) for harper tree:

+ Harper tree: core 1 - 1AP
+ Harper tree: Harper Enhancement - +1 enh - 2 AP
+ Harper tree: Traveler's Toughness (2/3) so we can unlock KtA - 2 AP
+ Harper tree: Know the Angles - if your INT bonus is more than +10 (so +5 dmg to shuriken) - (1/3) - 1 AP
+ Harper tree: Versatile Adept - for ranged power - (2/3) - 2 AP - or just KtA (3/3) if you don't want to spam it too often.
= for total 1 (+1 enh) + 5 (or more, from int) extra base damage and some RP

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #149 - Aug 2nd, 2017 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Think drow 6/6/8 fighter/monk/rogue with kensai and ninja spy for most APs would fare well?

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint