Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Shiradi Paladin-base build? (Read 13672 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Shiradi Paladin-base build?
May 31st, 2016 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
I'm looking to do some "shiradi easy-button" lives in order to rack up wizard PLs. It's going to be on an iconic bladeforged base(can't get enough of that repair SLA)and I don't want to have to burn a heart+1 or otherwise) to get rid of the paladin level.

Based on some reading here, this is what I've come up with:

3 Paladin/7 Sorc/9 Wizard

Focusing on force SLAs.

There would also be some PRR and melee capabilities in there. No idea how well it would work, there appear to be so damn many builds labeled  "shiradi easy-button" that it's hard to nail down exactly what it is.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Re: Shiradi Paladin-base build?
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2016 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Seems to me getting a wizi from 1-20 would be easier than getting a gimped shiradi-less set up from 15-20, followed by the 20-30 as shiradi since you're iconic if all you really want is wizi past lives.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - May 31st, 2016 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Maybe I just don't understand what the shiradi build IS just yet?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #3 - May 31st, 2016 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
If you need wizard past lives you can dump the sorc. You do not need it.

Go 15 wizard / 3 paladin / 2 FvS.

15-20 on 15 wizard levels is easy. If you go with the sorc/wiz/fvs split it will be painful. I am doing it right now. (10sorc is enough to make it bearable but only just.)

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #4 - May 31st, 2016 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Put a gun in your mouth, faggots?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - May 31st, 2016 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 2:42pm:
If you need wizard past lives you can dump the sorc. You do not need it.

15-20 on 15 wizard levels is easy. If you go with the sorc/wiz/fvs split it will be painful. I am doing it right now. (10sorc is enough to make it bearable but only just.)

I'll try that, then. Just looking for anything with "easy button" in the tittle Tongue

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 31st, 2016 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 2:42pm:

really should go 13 wiz and get 4 fvs levels for the extra 4% crit chance and stacking maximize meta reduction lines at tier 3. The caster level is also 1 higher than 15 wiz 2 fvs due to intense faith at tier 4.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - May 31st, 2016 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
You don't really need paladin levels at all.  You could just do 15/4/1. You have ranged DPS, quickened reconstruct and displace.  That's more than most builds already.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #8 - May 31st, 2016 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 7:10pm:
really should go 13 wiz and get 4 fvs levels for the extra 4% crit chance and stacking maximize meta reduction lines at tier 3. The caster level is also 1 higher than 15 wiz 2 fvs due to intense faith at tier 4.

I once fucked up a build similar to this.

13 AP Sacred
11 AP Bladeforged (Could drop it.)
35 AP Archmage
28 AP Angel of Vengence
=
87 AP total

It's even worse if you got 25 AP in sacred for the movement speed and con with 4 paladin.

Another issue is the arcane spell failure from adamantine body....
8 AP into Eldrich knight for 10% ASF reduction.

Depends how you want to spin this Noamineo. If you want stance but not hp bonuses -> Rubbins. If you want stand and hp bonuses  -> something like the above. If you want pure dps and keepin it simple, I think we'd all do Atomic's mook.

fun stuff ya?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - May 31st, 2016 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 8:40pm:
13 AP Sacred
11 AP Bladeforged (Could drop it.)
35 AP Archmage
28 AP Angel of Vengence

I had to drop recon sla, sergod was right ; AP tight as fuck.

my set up on robot
Archmage and AoV always 35 and 28. every time with 6 wiz and 4 fvs levels. every version ever.
4 ap bf for asf 15% reduction
6 in EK for asf 5% reduction
6 in tainted Scholar for depravity, 30 sp, 3 spellcraft and 10% magic crit multi
1 ap Soul Eater for 5 universal spellpower.

If not going for the warlock levels that leaves 7 ap spare.

@Nom you could go gnome iconic and heal using undead form in scalemail. It's actually better than robots because of the constant ticks, death burst also deals dmg to mobs while healing, save a feat for adam body, and saves some ap from bf racial that can go into EK for the 10% asf and 0.5 universal per point spent. 11 ap in EK. 6 has to go into PM for shroud of zombie. 
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2016 at 10:58pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #10 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 10:09am
Print Post  
am diggin the zombie bs

Some u31 armor has neg absorb. Think light armor and one of the others...
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2016 at 10:13am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 11:23am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 8:40pm:
fun stuff ya?

Yes definitely Tongue

Rubbinns wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 8:56pm:
@Nom you could go gnome iconic and heal using undead form in scalemail. It's actually better than robots because of the constant ticks, death burst also deals dmg to mobs while healing, save a feat for adam body, and saves some ap from bf racial that can go into EK for the 10% asf and 0.5 universal per point spent. 11 ap in EK. 6 has to go into PM for shroud of zombie. 

Is a tempting idea, but I never got the hang of palemaster-ing. Might be time to finally change that Tongue my only real requirement for self-healing is that it be unlimited or nearly so(no set "charges") and that I not have to switch out an item to do it(UMD scroll healing works ok, but if you're a melee you basically stop all DPS to scroll).

So deathburst would be fine. Plus it helps that on my main I actually have a shitload of past lives and awesome gear, something not available on my alts Tongue

So that's 13 wizard/4 fvs/3 paladin to do it off a bladeforged. If going from a deep gnome, what's the split?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 1st, 2016 at 11:23am:
If going from a deep gnome, what's the split?

3 warlock for more spellpower, slight sp, and 10% crit multi. Or stay with pally for slight hp, and +12 to saves.  could even rogue for evasion(giving up med armor) and traps. Even monk for evasion and move speed. or 1 barb for 10% move speed. anything you prefer that suits your gaming.

noamineo wrote on Jun 1st, 2016 at 11:23am:
So deathburst would be fine.

dont forget that the aura always ticks, the burst is a full heal "oh, shit" button.

« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2016 at 12:25pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #13 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on May 31st, 2016 at 3:17pm:
Put a cock in my mouth, faggots!

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 1st, 2016 at 12:23pm:
3 warlock for more spellpower, slight sp, and 10% crit multi. Or stay with pally for slight hp, and +12 to saves.  could even rogue for evasion(giving up med armor) and traps. Even monk for evasion and move speed. or 1 barb for 10% move speed. anything you prefer that suits your gaming.

dont forget that the aura always ticks, the burst is a full heal "oh, shit" button.

Don't you have to specifically target yourself for that? I guess I could macro it(fucking wish DDO had a built-in macro function...) but I'm pretty sure that was another reason I had so much trouble pale-mastering Tongue

This is definitely a dumb question: is the entire point of pale master self-healing with aura and burst? This is another one of those builds I just can't seem to "get"

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 1st, 2016 at 1:33pm:
is the entire point of pale master self-healing with aura and burst? This is another one of those builds I just can't seem to "get"

yes, and undead immunities
Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
Not subject to critical hits/sneak attacks - All Undead are treated as having 100% fortification and sneak attack immunity. If you have effects that reduce fortification, you will be able to critical hit but not sneak attack them.
Not subject to nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain. Immune to damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects.

check out eth's thread for how it works in general
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/475680-10-6-4-Sorc-Wiz-FvS-Undead-Shir...
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2016 at 1:43pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 1st, 2016 at 1:38pm:

Shit, that's badass.  Nice catch on the articles of faith implement bonus.  But how is he getting 1K aura ticks??

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 1st, 2016 at 3:26pm:
But how is he getting 1K aura ticks??

insane right?

those are crits. belt is 70+ hamp, pm tree 10 hamp, 600~ neg power, spell crit multipliers.

edit : after watching some of his vids, it's aura snapshots current crit chance, power and multiplier when cast. Supremacy, Empyrean, buffs = go.
« Last Edit: Jun 1st, 2016 at 4:00pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
...May have to dust off my first-life pale master and try some of this out.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 1st, 2016 at 3:43pm:
insane right?

those are crits. belt is 70+ hamp, pm tree 10 hamp, 600~ neg power, spell crit multipliers.

edit : after watching some of his vids, it's aura snapshots current crit chance, power and multiplier when cast. Supremacy, Empyrean, buffs = go.

eth stated that 1% spell crit damage = 3.5 spellpower.  I didn't believe it, but I did the math and he is right (arcane supremacy makes no difference on the relative value).  So I've vastly overestimated crit damage.  I still think the 4 piece material set is worth it (equivalent to about 100 spellpower), but it's a closer call on a 5th piece instead of e.g. earthen mantle. 6% additional HP is still pretty nice.   

That also calls into question the 3 warlock splash, which is equivalent to about ~40 spellpower, and you're giving up caster levels and the ability to splash something else (sorc, barb).  I'm now thinking the warlock splash is clearly not optimal based on those numbers.   

Also, he takes noxious embers instead of resonation.  I'm not sure I agree with that. 
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2016 at 2:58am by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #20 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Marge uses cinnamon but Sally says nutmeg makes the Snickerdoodle.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 9:45am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 2:52am:
That also calls into question the 3 warlock splash, which is equivalent to about ~40 spellpower,

The caster levels are the only thing that bothers me, because I like max missile spam, otherwise the warlock splash offers more power than sorc or w/e. Depravity is 25 spell power and 2 dcs to your spells, 3 spellcraft, and 4.5 from 6 ap spent. Another point in soul eater for 1st core is 5 universal. 7 ap for a total of 37.5 spellpower. Not sure anything for 3 levels and 7 ap is getting 37 universal. And if 10 crit multi is 35 spellpower then that is 72.5 total

Also, he takes noxious embers instead of resonation.  I'm not sure I agree with that.

I feel like it a toss up, certainly a swap out on a boss, but against packs of trash you're getting 17% on your hellball, energy burst, fireball/acid blast/chain lightning/prismatic, shiradi sonic core, and his aura. There is also the 150 combustion there
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2016 at 9:48am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #22 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:03am
Print Post  

4d6 sonic damage (1s internal cooldown) vs 17% spell lore

Assuming it procs every second and you have 600 sonic spell power, 60% crit chance, and 80% crit damage...

4*3.5*7*(.4*1 + .6*2.8) = 203 dps

To my guildies, I've pointed out that this may be a trivial amount of damage, but if you can fit it in you should. 4 piece LGS makes it tough.

Importantly, is it true though that shiradi procs have a crit chance and crit damage based on the spell type cast? Or is it that they are dependent on universal crit chance?

Assuming the former Rubbins nails it.

Noxious + ToEE orb is 22%
Random gen is going up to 25% (?) on specific spell types

Some of my numbers may be a little baked. Feel free to mess with em'
« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:07am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:17am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:03am:
Importantly, is it true though that shiradi procs have a crit chance and crit damage based on the spell type cast? Or is it that they are dependent on universal crit chance?

shiradi procs use the spell they came from, the sonic from core 4 uses sonic.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Jun 2nd, 2016 at 11:27am
Print Post  
I know I'm just the idiot here, but one other minor advantage to the warlock splash: some backup when you run low on SP. I did a warlock life a while ago, having that eldritch blast not cost SP came in very handy. It certainly wouldn't be much damage, but it's more efficient that pulling out an axe and trying to melee.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint