Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Non monk PL thrower? (Read 2785 times)
Rabbit
Korthos Resident

Loves to cuddle

Non monk PL thrower?
Jun 7th, 2016 at 11:17am
Print Post  
I'm thinking of TR'ing my 1/2=pint darkstars thrower into something but since he's heavily thrower geared I'm thinking that staying in there makes the most sense. He's been monk-heavy for three straight lives so I'm wondering if anything that get's me a new icon in the party window has a good thrower synergy in the latest updates.

I've got every race other than deep smurf available and all current classes. Any suggestions mucho appreciated... iconic or non, makes no difference... just want to not be a hindrance to parties/raids in epics.

Thanks,
gmOlds

�
IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: Non monk PL thrower?
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Edited:
Nevermind, though he meant no monk levels at all.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2016 at 12:46pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Rabbit wrote on Jun 7th, 2016 at 11:17am:
... just want to not be a hindrance to parties/raids in epics.

If you put forth the same amount of effort in parties and raids as you did looking through the build section for a non-monk icon shuri build here, it won't matter what build you use, you will be a hindrance.

Gee... if only there were a section on this board dedicated to builds.  Even better if that mythical build board had a search function to find shuri builds.

DIAF.
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2016 at 12:33pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rabbit
Korthos Resident

Loves to cuddle

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
@digicunt - Thanks - Nice to see you aren't having such a busy day! I have been searching here and elsewhere. That's why I've posted... much like your google link shows I haven't found an answer. Perhaps a refresher English as a Second Language course would help you?

@5FS - yeah... non monk past life but monk levels are okay.

Maybe to expand the thought I'll add that I'm not a completionist this would be 36 pointer with +7 tomes. No rogue PLs so that boost wouldn't be part of the equation (in fact only 3x monk and 1xpally so tinkerhell types are out too) -- although with that in mind for future lives a rougue heavy build for that PL in the future isn't a horrible thought.

Is a SDK rogue heavy variant plausible?
[edit]: I just realized that SDK would nix monk or require me to spend money so... yeah...
« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2016 at 1:11pm by Rabbit »  

�
IP Logged

Rabbit
Korthos Resident

Loves to cuddle

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
I retract my request.

�
IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Rabbit wrote on Jun 7th, 2016 at 12:59pm:
@digicunt - Thanks - Nice to see you aren't having such a busy day! I have been searching here and elsewhere. That's why I've posted... much like your google link shows I haven't found an answer. Perhaps a refresher English as a Second Language course would help you?

My English is pretty solid.  Can't say the same about your reading comprehension though.  I led you right to the water but you still won't drink...

Are you *special*? If so, I apologize for being unkind.  If not, I originally thought you were just a lazy asshole but now I think you're lazy and stupid.

7th result in the LMGTFY results.  Thread titled "Vault - U28 Shuriken".   Meets all your criteria and then some. 
  • Non-monk icon
  • Good thrower synergy
  • Valid for the latest updates
  • Not be a hindrance in parties/raids in epics

In fact, it's arguably the best end-game thrower for EE/LE groups and raids and one of the highest ranged DPS builds in the game. 

Granted, the non-hindrance criteria is highly suspect in your case given your underwhelming display of initiative and cognitive abilities in this thread but there's nothing a build can do to fix that.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Drow 20 warlock.
Burst > Blast > Pin > Whistler in shiradi.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2016 at 12:01am by »  

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #7 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 3:33am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jun 7th, 2016 at 1:48pm:
My English is pretty solid.  Can't say the same about your reading comprehension though.  I led you right to the water but you still won't drink...

Are you *special*? If so, I apologize for being unkind.  If not, I originally thought you were just a lazy asshole but now I think you're lazy and stupid.

7th result in the LMGTFY results.  Thread titled "Vault - U28 Shuriken".   Meets all your criteria and then some. 
  • Non-monk icon
  • Good thrower synergy

In fact, it's arguably the best end-game thrower for EE/LE groups and raids and one of the highest ranged DPS builds in the game. 

Granted, the non-hindrance criteria is highly suspect in your case given your underwhelming display of initiative and cognitive abilities in this thread but there's nothing a build can do to fix that.

Good use of green bulleted checkmarks.
B+

IP Logged

Rabbit
Korthos Resident

Loves to cuddle

Reply #8 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jun 7th, 2016 at 1:48pm:
  • Non-monk icon
  • Good thrower synergy

Thanks buddy! I knew I could get you to do the work for me... just like all of those mooks in the raids I pike.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2016 at 1:55pm by Rabbit »  

�
IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #9 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Rabbit wrote on Jun 8th, 2016 at 8:37am:
Thanks buddy! I knew I could get you to do the work for me... just like all of those mooks in the raids I pike.

Hmm... 
  • The ol' "I said stupid things on purpose to troll you" defense.
  • Username change within one day of being proven to be stupid, bordering on retarded.
  • Stupid avatar and signature pics.
  • Prior posts indicating an incorrect or lack of understanding basic game mechanics after multiple past lives.
  • Posts indicate that you have played shuriken builds since at least July 2014 and still don't understand the basic shuriken build concepts.

Smells Stinks like a P4P sock although this account was registered in 2014 so maybe this is the original P4P account?  The only things missing  are a "They broke Manyshot!!!!11!!!!!" and "I'm the bestest DDO playa evah faggots!!!!!" posts.

« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2016 at 3:04pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #10 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
You can add 6 monk to basically anything to make it a competent thrower. Just take thrower feats, be a halfling (or not) and max your dex.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 8th, 2016 at 4:23pm:
You can add 6 monk to basically anything to make it a competent thrower. Just take thrower feats, be a halfling (or not) and max your dex.

Yeah, it's not hard to make a competent thrower... Even Sobby has managed it once. The real work is constantly hyping your thrower build afterward and trying to claim every other thrower build is based on your idea and talking shit about people who think of things you didn't.

It's called the SobSobSally method of self-promotion and delusion.

P.S. Oh, you should also develop a pathological fear of anything 5FS posts and constantly bitch about his ideas on the off chance other people will like it.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 8th, 2016 at 4:23pm:
You can add 6 monk to basically anything to make it a competent thrower

You can add 20 warlock...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint