Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic This fell apart quickly (Read 2770 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

This fell apart quickly
Jun 8th, 2016 at 11:01am
Print Post  
Stupid build idea #673(That I actually tried to make happen last night):

5 Wizard/5 Fighter/10 Monk(only 5 at the moment, character is lvl 15)
Bladeforged Iconic

Idea: centered while wielding a bastard sword(SWF) and perma-tensered.

I think this plan fell apart when I realized the thing that lets you be centered with a bastard sword(One with the Blade?) is also a tier 5 ability.

Yeah, so far this is not working great for me. But I believe with a few(more) feat swaps(Ugh, why did I burn the free one so stupidly?!) I can make him ever so slightly less stupid and wield longswords. Of course, then, what good are 5 fighter levels?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Re: This fell apart quickly
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Make it 8 wiz 6 fighter 6 monk undead twf longswords.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Hmmm, that actually sounds like it might be a lot of fun. Still have to do a few feat swaps, may haps have to burn a lesser heart. Still, would be entertaining.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
I am guessing you were looking at 5 Wiz mainly for the T5 EK perma tensors option for the BAB and stat boost?  If so, it would be of minimal advantage over a fighter/monk build.

Unless you're just doing it for flavor, you would likely be better off going 12 fighter, 8 monk.  18 fighter, 2 monk is probably even better. 

Or just pure 20 fighter if you're not planning on using unarmed/handwraps.  The lvl 12, 18 and 20 Kensai cores are much better than the monk cores.

The main weakness of a pure fighter is healing which is covered by reconstruct on a Bladeforged.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jun 8th, 2016 at 3:19pm:
I am guessing you were looking at 5 Wiz mainly for the T5 EK perma tensors option for the BAB and stat boost?  If so, it would be of minimal advantage over a fighter/monk build.

Unless you're just doing it for flavor, you would likely be better off going 12 fighter, 8 monk.  18 fighter, 2 monk is probably even better. 

Or just pure 20 fighter if you're not planning on using unarmed/handwraps.  The lvl 12, 18 and 20 Kensai cores are much better than the monk cores.

The main weakness of a pure fighter is healing which is covered by reconstruct on a Bladeforged.

I was a decision brought on primarily by being awake late at night and tripping on ambien(should have been in bed asleep by the time I made up my mind to try this). So, while I am by no means claiming this was a GOOD decision, it is still one I am more or less stuck with Tongue

Yes, the idea was to be perma-tensered and centered while carrying 1 bastard sword. I am not sure where this idea came from besides "drugs" and I am not really willing to blow a second +20 heart to fix it.

The story goes that I tRed this guy from a pure human monk(whom I hated because he had dick-all for self-healing) into an iconic 1 paladin/14 monk, then last night while literally hallucinating(I actually do not use ambien recreation ally, but if you've ever had it things get a bit weird when you refuse to actually climb into bed) last night, I thought "Hey, I liked the perma-tensers thing! What if I could be centered while fighting with a bastard sword and perma-tensers? How cool would THAT be!"

And things just kind of fell apart from there.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #5 - Jun 9th, 2016 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Quote:

If he's serious, he's a complete idiot.  If he's trolling, he's a fucking genius!

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2016 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jun 8th, 2016 at 3:19pm:

cocoon + consecrated ground + small silver flame pots is much more than enough,

am self healing in LE shrouds and face tanking PT2 bosses minus cat or gnoll (saves issues)
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2016 at 9:51pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2016 at 10:36am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 9th, 2016 at 9:51pm:
cocoon + consecrated ground + small silver flame pots is much more than enough,

am self healing in LE shrouds and face tanking PT2 bosses minus cat or gnoll (saves issues)

That's good info.  At least there's hope for non-robot fighters.

On a side note, I've been pretty impressed by a fighter icon build one of my guildies has been running since the Kensai revamp.  It is a beast and seems to be doing far more DPS than a first glance at the Kensai changes would have indicated.  There is definitely some great potential with fighter builds/splashes now.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #8 - Jun 10th, 2016 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Perma Tenser's is never worth 31 points in EK. I would stick with t5 Kensei and grab some DPS in NS (Sneak attack, Fists of Iron, Sting of the Ninja). FoI is really nice with the big [W] and crit profile you can get on a sword. Sting is pretty valuable with a wide crit range as well.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Just scroll tenser. simple

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
He's a wiz, he can just cast it. As the ultimate ability of the EK trees, that's sorta hilarious.
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:00pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint