Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Wizazrd Version of the Undead Shiradi (Read 7078 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Wizazrd Version of the Undead Shiradi
Reply #25 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Another buggy thing with caster levels and energy burst. Might be just a display error. When I cast burst the combat log tells me lv 32. This would be because of the doj gloves. So when I take them off and try to cast burst, burst no longer displays a caster level in combat log. I equip the gloves again and back to 32. Take everything off and no info in combat log. I put back only the gloves while being fully unequipped and it's back to 32 displaying in combat log.

Hellball reads 14, but will STILL display caster level 12 with the gloves off. I then swapped ED into draconic. While in draconic ED, hellball and burst increased by 5 caster levels. Blue dragon spell knowledge +3 does not work on electric burst leading me to believe that intense faith will not function for fire energy burst.

I dont have abishai to test on these either, but I believe they did work on burst and ball when I had them on old account. None of the CL boosts increased the dc for burst. Hellball doesnt display a dc.

Would the increased caster levels give extra 1d15 to burst for each level? I would assume it does.  Does it do anything for hellball?

So many questions.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #26 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:19am
Print Post  
regarding Energy Burst and other Draconic Incarnation SLAs, someone has tested the interactions with CL increases:
http://ddowiki.com/page/Draconic_Incarnation#Misc

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 11:43pm:
Per each off-target. Yes,  I should be getting 9, but sometimes it's 6, sometimes it's 10. idk wtf is going with chain missile. I'm testing in epic orchard, in LD destiny to eliminate shiradi procs, without lantern ring or resonation.

The number of mobs hit effects the number of hits each mob takes.
Target a mob with only one adjacent off-target and the off target will always take 10 hits.
Target a group of ten mobs and you'll get a big mess. CL seems to improve every scenario though I haven't seen more than 10 hits per mob, that seems to be the upper limit.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #28 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:34am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:31am:
Target a mob with only one adjacent off-target and the off target will always take 10 hits.
Target a group of ten mobs and you'll get a big mess. CL seems to improve every scenario though I haven't seen more than 10 hits per mob, that seems to be the upper limit.

How many socks does this faggot have?  I remember when you claimed to have a job, LOL, that was a good one.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 11:43pm:
Per each off-target. Yes,  I should be getting 9, but sometimes it's 6, sometimes it's 10. idk wtf is going with chain missile. I'm testing in epic orchard, in LD destiny to eliminate shiradi procs, without lantern ring or resonation.

I've noticed this as well.  It used to shoot 10 missiles regardless of CL.  I wonder if there is something still off in the coding or if it only counts missile hits?

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 7:28pm:
Archmage is the best tier 5 shiradis have because of Supremacy, stacks maximize with fvs(not sure any of sorc savant does) and has critical force % chance increase.

Don't dismiss it, test it, the fire crits are in both soc and AoV and you should be casting Fireball/scorch at lvl 21 with epic feat, BB should be at 15, your MM should be maxxed and CM will be at CL lvl 11 for 6 missiles (probably)
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:39pm by DoRayEgon »  

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #31 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:46am:
So many questions.

It would be great to have some sort of parsing program for DDO, but I guess that's impossible when even the game itself doesn't know what the fuck is going on half the time.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:02pm:
It would be great to have some sort of parsing program for DDO, but I guess that's impossible when even the game itself doesn't know what the fuck is going on half the time.

It would be even greater if spell descriptions were accurate.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:35pm:
Don't dismiss it, test it, the fire crits are in both soc and AoV and you should be casting Fireball/scorch at lvl 21 with epic feat, BB should be at 15, your MM should be maxxed and CM will be at CL lvl 11 for 6 missiles (probably)

I tried every shiradi build in the past 2 years. 14sor/4fvs/2pal, 12lock/6wiz/2pal, 12fvs/6wiz/2pal, 13wiz/4fvs/3lock, and just hit 20 few days ago on 11sor/5wiz/4fvs undead. The first 3 are from when I had main account and abisahi set. The archmage builds all performed better.

SayWhatAgain wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:31am:

When I was on Abishai set it would allow me to go further in quests using less sp. That's how I noticed improvements with it on. IDK, this game buggy as fuck. I'm going to hop into orchard again later and see if i get 10 hits on 3rd+ mob. I assume you're closer to the truth though.
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:54pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #34 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:46am:
Another buggy thing with caster levels and energy burst. Might be just a display error. When I cast burst the combat log tells me lv 32. This would be because of the doj gloves. So when I take them off and try to cast burst, burst no longer displays a caster level in combat log. I equip the gloves again and back to 32. Take everything off and no info in combat log. I put back only the gloves while being fully unequipped and it's back to 32 displaying in combat log.

Hellball reads 14, but will STILL display caster level 12 with the gloves off. I then swapped ED into draconic. While in draconic ED, hellball and burst increased by 5 caster levels. Blue dragon spell knowledge +3 does not work on electric burst leading me to believe that intense faith will not function for fire energy burst.

I dont have abishai to test on these either, but I believe they did work on burst and ball when I had them on old account. None of the CL boosts increased the dc for burst. Hellball doesnt display a dc.

Would the increased caster levels give extra 1d15 to burst for each level? I would assume it does.  Does it do anything for hellball?

So many questions.

For EB, base caster level = character level, so the +CL increases the damage dice:

Quote:
Energy Burst: Active Ability: (Cooldown 30 seconds, cost 20 sp, metamagic: quicken) A pulse of of [fire/ice/electricity/corrosion] emanate from your body dealing [1d10+10/1d12+12/1d15+15] [fire/cold/electric/acid] damage per character level (reflex save DC 20 + 1/2 character level + INT/CHA modifier for half damage).

Hellball, AFAIK has no caster level dependent variables. The damage is static and it doesn't allow spell resistance.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
thx 5

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint