Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Furicannon Build (Thrower/Bow hybrid) (Read 70383 times)
longbolts
Dirty Sock

I Love Socks!

Re: Furicannon Build (Thrower/Bow hybrid)
Reply #100 - Jul 9th, 2016 at 10:08am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 7th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I'd like to see his calcs for DPS utilizing Ranged Power/Adrenaline/Activated attack with arborea for more RP and base damage versus SA damage. Also, how are you calculating uptime of SoS and other temp bonuses to hide? And SA immunity? And Aggro? I'd love to see these buffers in your calculations.

Calculations with buffers

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #101 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 5:18pm:
This is pants on head. Everything lately keeps pointing to how great the returns are when you pair ranged power and SA. The build already has sniper shot so you don't actually need to make any allowances for gear. Not that I'm buying your implication that having to "focus gear" is such a pain. At most it's deception and improved deception.

I'm starting to think a good yardstick for ranged builds is  SA damage after ranged power and ranged SA distance. Two numbers, call it effective SA rating.

Also, I think it's a shitty argument to try to say that elemental damage is better. There's no reason you can't do both. Sure you are forced into a choice for the level 30 feat but trying to make it an either/or argument for the build overall is pants on head again.

And on the topic of that feat, Hide/3 * RP will beat 10 extra elemental power being applied to at best 9d8 elemental imbue.

How the hell are you making throwers and advocating against SA? Unzip the fly and take a look.

Because he's not the one who made that build so he's trying to create a non-AS variants to feel popular.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2016 at 9:17pm by Halfmaniac »  

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Jul 21st, 2016 at 10:26am
Print Post  
So, hide breakdown?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
This is, imo the best ranged build in the game currently. Lama times on a half-assed first life 32pt gimp with 54 dex and 28 wisdom got me mid 80s to low 90s. I dont even have a fucking off hand on lama. Or a doublestrike item.

No spell points needed(well lower than casters), ranged, monk movement speed, abundant step, top tier dps, CC in Frosty, Pin, Otto and AA Imbues.   

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Ranged is for pussies.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 3:34pm:
This is, imo the best ranged build in the game currently. Lama times on a half-assed first life 32pt gimp with 54 dex and 28 wisdom got me mid 80s to low 90s. I dont even have a fucking off hand on lama. Or a doublestrike item.

No spell points needed(well lower than casters), ranged, monk movement speed, abundant step, top tier dps, CC in Frosty, Pin, Otto and AA Imbues.   

More than mech?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 4:55pm:
More than mech?

20 rogue mech times.

Full blitz and full archer focus stacks. Camo scroll, tenser scroll, gh scroll, flame bolts.

107 or more seconds for hvy repeat
109 or more seconds for gxbow

46 int, 84 hide, 28 dubshot, and 80 ranged power.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
12 6 2 thrower

starting full focus stacks and unbridled fury

(no scrolls cos am lazy), celestia off hand, Missing dubshot 8 quiver, not even flame arrows for manyshot.

48 ranged power, 32 dubshot, 62 dex, 40 wisdom and 86 hide.

61 seconds
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:28pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:19pm:
12 6 2 thrower

(no scrolls cos am lazy), celestia off hand, Missing dubshot 8 quiver, not even flame arrows for manyshot.

48 ranged power, 32 dubshot, 62 dex, 40 wisdom.

61 seconds

now take into account people have higher dubshot items, dubshot past lives, monk and ranger lives along with toee off hand item. This build easily shits on mechs.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #109 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:23pm:
now take into account people have higher dubshot items, dubshot past lives, monk and ranger lives along with toee off hand item. This build easily shits on mechs. 

Ran the 12 ranger, 6 monk, 2 fighter version of this on my last life and wrecked pretty much all other builds in everything from EE to LE.  I suspect the 12 monk, 6 ranger, 2 fighter version is stronger but never ran with anyone playing one that I noticed so hard to say for sure.

As a reference point, with ship buffs, self buffs, and yugo pots and using FotW destiny, I had 70+ Dex, 40ish doubleshot (right around 60 with killer stacked iirc), and 100ish ranged power.  I don't have any of the doubleshot epic PLs yet.   Would have been better if I did obviously.

I could bump the dex up to high 80s or maybe even 90 using LGS offhander instead of ToEE and Shadowdancer destiny, but FotW and ToEE was better from all my in-mission and in-raid testing.

Certain other non-shuri builds may have higher temporary burst DPS and/or better AE capability but the shuri build was just plain solid and performed very well in all situations.   Wolf builds were the only ones that seemed to have noticeably higher DPS but they have to spend time running up to the mobs and run a much higher risk of getting hit in LE raids so it was a tradeoff.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2016 at 9:42pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #110 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
same pure mech but now in fury:

80 seconds great xbow

95 heavy repeater

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #111 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 10:03pm:
same pure mech but now in fury:

80 seconds great xbow

95 heavy repeater

thanks.  thought it would be closer than that.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #112 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:19pm:
12 6 2 thrower

48 ranged power, 32 dubshot, 62 dex, 40 wisdom and 86 hide.

61 seconds

This build, when I was still playing, or very slightly different versions, were basically God Mode, when you had all the best equipment and PL's, ePLs, etc.

Some believed me, a lot didn't. Everyone who played with me seemed to understand.

I'm glad someone else actually tested this and people can take it from someone else. And I agree, there is no other conceivable ranged build that is even close to this sort of endgame badassery. The only build that could ever come close on trash numbers were top tier tree builds. Wolf builds did not in my experience. Shiradi nukers did not. Mechs did not. Paladins and Rangers did not, and Barbs were a joke. Versus red names, I don't think it has any competition.

You can tweak it like I used to, for a little more defense, or a little more burst and less sustained, or whatever. I liked my 14Monk/6Ranger the best honestly, but that's just me. End of the day though 10k+Manyshot+Fury is just too good versus everything else.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:42pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:41pm:
Wolf builds did not in my experience. Shiradi nukers did not. Mechs did not.

the monk wolf beats the dps times handily. it beats any build handily on kobold times. It is capable of low 30s every time without much variance when fully geared and past lives.

Shiradi can do amazing times but it needs to prep all stacks, proc joy and it can do low 40s.

Mech will not, but an 18 rogue with manyshot swap in fury can come sorta kinda close due to 16d6 sneak dice from class levels and epic feat.

The thrower might be the best overall build, imo. It is top tier dps at range. Top tier burst at range. CC options of pin and ottos, ice cloak, stay frosty, paralyze and tendon slice. Monk movement speed and step. Just so many upsides. 
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:54pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:41pm:
14Monk/6Ranger the best honestly, but that's just me. End of the day though 10k+Manyshot+Fury is just too good versus everything else.

yeah that seems great too. trying these out has made me a fan. I dont even wanna log onto my mech anymore ;(

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #115 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:47pm:
the monk wolf beats the dps times handily. it beats any build handily on kobold times. It is capable of low 30s every time without much variance when fully geared and past lives.

Shiradi can do amazing times but it needs to prep all stacks, proc joy and it can do low 40s.

Mech will not, but an 18 rogue with manyshot swap in fury can come sorta kinda close due to 16d6 sneak dice from class levels and epic feat.

The thrower might be the best overall build, imo. It is top tier dps at range. Top tier burst at range. CC options of pin and ottos, ice cloak, stay frosty, paralyze and tendon slice. Monk movement speed and step. Just so many upsides. 

If you did your test, and you had every ideal piece of equipment and triple Completionist/eCompletionist, you would probably see times much closer to a wolf. With all the attendant benefits of being a ranged character, instead of melee.

When I say closer, I mean like probably in the 40's.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #116 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Also if you never understood my seemingly irrational hatred of 5FS in regard to thrower builds, you should now. His insistence that I cheated at tests or that he should be forgiven for 20 Monks or whatever other BS he would come up with made my head explode. There's a reason he never posted a single red name test result, play video, or any other sort of evidence for any of the crap he would say.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2016 at 8:06pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 8:03pm:
If you did your test, and you had every ideal piece of equipment and triple Completionist/eCompletionist, you would probably see times much closer to a wolf. With all the attendant benefits of being a ranged character, instead of melee.

When I say closer, I mean like probably in the 40's.

Oh, I agree. But the I dont see anything dethroning the monk wolf. Aside it being the glassiest glass cannon of all time. I peeled off 44 seconds on 34pt build, 1 rogue past life for the active feat. No other lives. No vacuum. Missing at least 3 dmg from monk, 3 dmg from arcane lives, colors and 10 dstrike short of max. Problem is the softness of it and it has to melee.

The helf AA 18 rogue mechs with manyshot are about roughly the same as a pure rogue in fury on kobold times, but the burst is way higher than normal mechs.

Another mech option is 14 pally helf aa with manyshot and fusilade. More burst than 18 mech but not a faster time overall. Those would be my mech suggestions if any were wondering and dint want to convert to thrower. They still get good bursts damage of 40-60k off manyshot salvos. Fusilade slayer was hitting for 30-40k. But the over all times tend to even out for the aa slayer mechs and a pure 20 normal mech after the first 200k~ hp. It is why I consider the thrower superior. Better burst and really high sustained as well.

I ran off a 50 second time on my wiz shiradi today, but that requires so much set up and unicorn procs.

tl:dr roll a thrower niggas

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #118 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
http://imgur.com/a/bpL78
46 seconds.

http://imgur.com/a/lytKe
41 seconds

http://imgur.com/D0s9WKP
40 seconds

A try hard time and pretty decent set up. Camo, Tenser, Ram's, Primal Scream, Flame Arrows, and 49 ranged power.

Still missing toee off hand for 20 ranged power. I had to use a redemption for 2d6 holy and red slot electric 138. Missing every relevant dps past life epic or heroic, and completionist, also missing max twists and fate points. Missing insightful dex 7, insightful wisdom 7 swap. Equipped were Dex 15 boots, wisdom 14/insightful int 6 cloak, and celestial guardian outfit from character copy and tr of my mech on live in order to have past life rogue and 34 points with some slightly better gear.

64 dex with surge running, 44 wisdom, 49 ranged power.

Character sheet
http://imgur.com/a/htAXp

The time can be lowered with any of the above, easily. Damage modifiers do not scale symmetrically with throwers and other builds due to chance at extra stars. The build rewards past lives and gearing more so than all other ranged builds because of that. And because doubleshot does not divide by three compared to a repeater mech it gains more over them as well. Mechs have a high floor but lower ceiling compared to this. Stand by it being the best ranged build in the game, by far, and possibly best overall build in the entire game.

AP + gear layout used
http://imgur.com/a/stSwv

AP secondary AP trees
http://imgur.com/pCjmKNp

ED and twists
http://imgur.com/a/4sjTB

Edit : Just got a 35 seconds without 10k. without using 10k Cheesy Was actually in earth stance. Being in earth is better since the majority of the dps is coming from manyshot. Swapping out to wind might slow me down, but should be even faster if I dont forget to build ki for 10k before I start.

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2016 at 5:55pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Hard to belive a wolf is doing more burst damage than a furyshot, unless you are comparing the sustained damage.

And about rogues, same story: each has a different role. Rogue is for sustained damage on long boss fight and is the best trash clearer, furyshotter is the best for boss.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 5:10pm:
Edit : Just got a 35 seconds without 10k. without using 10k Cheesy

You mean only with normal shuriken throwing? And does that include clicking sniper/arrow of death/adrenaline?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 5:47pm:
Rogue is for sustained damage on long boss fight and is the best trash clearer

Incorrect. I can beat the total times on the kobold when both builds are in LD.

Hard to belive a wolf is doing more burst damage than a furyshot, unless you are comparing the sustained damage.

I think the monk wolf can do low 30s fully optimized. In LD, no manyshot.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 5:48pm:
You mean only with normal shuriken throwing? And does that include clicking sniper/arrow of death/adrenaline?

manyshot slayer salvo. Swapped to shuri when manyshot duration expired but did not have the ki for 10k. Ofc I used boosts, slayer, adrenaline, inferno shot. No sniper shot on the build in these times recorded.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #122 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
Rogue is for sustained damage on long boss fight and is the best trash clearer,

Not even if this build wasnt allowed to use manyshot or 10k and just had boosts and stars. It still beats out a mech in LD using boosts and repeater/grt xbow.

Every facet, this build wrecks.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #123 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 6:21pm:
Not even if this build wasnt allowed to use manyshot or 10k and just had boosts and stars. It still beats out a mech in LD using boosts and repeater/grt xbow.

Every facet, this build wrecks.

But you have to consider rogues are typically in LD so they get a lot of bonuses on helpless. Or I have that impression because rogues are always at top kill in raids with few exceptions when a very good fighter or DC caster is around
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2016 at 6:50pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
If I dont use 10k, or manyshot, or even slayer button. It still comes in at 110 seconds in LD. 10-15 seconds lower if only allowing slayer. This is without the two insane bursts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Send TopicPrint