Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Furicannon Build (Thrower/Bow hybrid) (Read 70385 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Furicannon Build (Thrower/Bow hybrid)
Reply #250 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 3:06am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:08am:
so whats your prep for these tests?

I do tenser, gh, camo, haste. Basics. And w/e else the build has itself. Ram's, Animal growth, Spiderskin etc.

Go all out and use every potion you can get. Cookies cant be used in dojo, sadly. Take evey non-dps feat out. Take every dps feat and put in.

I get 10 stacks of blitz, make sure fully buffed, click sneak of shadows button and then turn around to another kobold for the test. Same with unbridled. Have it ready and start the dps. Stack archer's focus up too. After that it's just rotations of boosts and click attacks.

For the thrower I would ;

Twist ; dance of flowers, stay frosty, whirling wrists, haste boost.

Start in earth stance and shadow arrow for max crit multiplier. It is higher potential during manyshot than staying in wind for shuris.

hit boosts first. Then manyshot -> unbridled -> slayer -> attack clickies. Spam adrenaline while unbridled sets up for next timer and spam slayer. Both should never be off cooldown. Swap to shuris and 10k when manyshot ends. easier and faster if you hotkey weapon swaps and macro boosts. im trying to get rapid stress injury in my wrists though
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2016 at 3:08am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #251 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 4:40am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 2:41am:
But if you want the build to be able to swap ap to either set up then go 9dr/6ftr/5rgr. Dont really lose anything with 10th druid level except some spells. The flexibility to swap to tempest tier 5 or kensei tier 5 is worth it.

Hmmm...I really like this idea! Thanks for the tip, will go try it on my toon...I have a +1 lying around somewhere.

As you say 10th druid lvl is really meh at best, adds a spell or two if anything...

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #252 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 3:06am:
For the thrower I would ;

Start in earth stance and shadow arrow for max crit multiplier. It is higher potential during manyshot than staying in wind for shuris.

hit boosts first. Then manyshot -> unbridled -> slayer -> attack clickies. Spam adrenaline while unbridled sets up for next timer and spam slayer. Both should never be off cooldown. Swap to shuris and 10k when manyshot ends. easier and faster if you hotkey weapon swaps and macro boosts. im trying to get rapid stress injury in my wrists though

This is exactly what i did with my transfered toon from live. 12/6/2 OP's build with one change.
I capped INT instead of WIS for KTA. I think it is a few points more consistent damage during bow time, which is the most important during a boss fight, imo.  I'm missing my Festive INT augment which would net me 54 INT using the LGS int swap weapon. I also didn't twist whirling wrist, i sacrificed throw speed for dps, the loss is not such big deal to me.  I'm missing 1 twist point, which i'm working on getting currently on live. Grim, Crit Damage, A Dance of Flower, Enlightenment and cocoon. I kept the twist as i would use during quests, but i think Stay Frosty would've been a better choice instead of Dance of Flower.

Buffs i used:
- Commendation pots
- Tenser
- KTA
- Sneak of Shadows
- Rams might
- Camouflage
Missing Yugo pots and prob some others(?)

Timing: 17s

Maybe i could've had a lower timing if i had macro'd my clickies, if i had whirling wrist and the other stuff.
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2016 at 10:24am by Halfmaniac »  

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #253 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 10:55am
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:44am:
Hmmm I am almost certain every single LE shroud I have been in harry goes down in Pt4 in mere seconds. For sure not 1 minute!

I might be wrong though, I never really sit there with a stopwatch but I am sure we have even downed him in something like 19 seconds before.

Vaultaccount should be able to confirm this?

I have seen a couple 2 round runs and a wipe at part 4 last month. The time you take to kill Harry depends on how much baggage you have in the group. Given the game is dying and you see less and less guildys/friends logging, you have to take more and more baggage. But when you have 6+ people carrying it takes about 30-40 secs.
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2016 at 10:55am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #254 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 3:06am:

Thought the haste boost didn't apply for ranged, or there was a cap at speed?

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #255 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 10:55am:
I have seen a couple 2 round runs and a wipe at part 4 last month.

Aye, that is beacause I was away from DDO for work  Cheesy (just kidding)
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2016 at 11:25am by zoriaan »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #256 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 10:23am:
Timing: 17s

17 seconds is a ridiculous, sick time. assuming your toon has all dps past lives? I don't think the wolves can match that time. thanks for the tries.

I kept the twist as i would use during quests,

not much of a difference there.

I think it is a few points more consistent damage during bow time

it is, you're correct. 10k isn't even needed if going under 30 second kill times, and shurikens arent getting used if under 20 seconds.

Vaultaccount wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 10:58am:
Thought the haste boost didn't apply for ranged, or there was a cap at speed?

idk, now that you mentioned it someone could go and test it. or someone else knows anything about this? haste boost seems to work for my mech and seemed to work for shuri tossing. maybe it only looked that way to me.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #257 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Haste Boost, without Whirling Wrists, probably would add a good bit of speed for a burst test like this

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #258 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 3:47pm:
Haste Boost, without Whirling Wrists, probably would add a good bit of speed for a burst test like this

So that means there is a cap?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #259 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 3:18pm:
17 seconds is a ridiculous, sick time.

If you can kill the boss in manyshot, why don't you drop monk for rogue, or monk + fighter for paladin? It almost seems like you have 14 levels that don't matter. 13 rogue 1 barb?
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2016 at 12:28am by »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #260 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
If you can kill the boss in manyshot, why don't you drop monk for rogue, or monk + fighter for paladin? It almost seems like you have 14 levels that don't matter. 13 rogue 1 barb?

News flash - there's more to DDO than killing a boss. 

Even if those builds kill the dojo kobold 2s faster, they're going to suck during all the time you spend killing trash without furyshot charged and boosts running so why bother?  This thread has already shit all over the fight club rule. 

Coming up with a build that can kill the kobold in 10s even if it sucks at everything else in the game will just get stuff nerfed for no reason.  All the devs will hear about from the mobo paladins is "OMGZ  10 SECONDZ MANYSHOOTZ TIMEZ!!!!111!!  NERFZ THEM!!!111"

It's just like the ship runspeed buff.  It was completely fine, didn't hurt anyone, and was even a nice little quality of life perk for most players.   All it took to get it removed was one overly chatty fanboi (fangirl?) trying to look smart and impress the sheep on the mobos and *poof*, there it went.
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2016 at 12:48am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #261 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 12:47am
Print Post  
True but its fun!

13 rogue/6 ranger/1 Arti

Stats:
Int: 18+
Dex for feats (15 with +4 tomes)

Feats:
1 (Helf dilettante) Warlock
1 point blank shot
3 PL:Pali or completionist
6 sneak of shadows

9 precision
12 IC: Ranged
15 Zen Archery
18  Improved Precise Shot
21 Epic Sneak Die
24 Combat Archery
26 Silver Dr breaker
27 blinding speed
28 Doubleshot
29 Chaos
30 Overwhelming Critical
30 Scion of Ethereal

Enhancements:
Harper (12 pts): int to hit, harper enchantment, agent of good, know the angles, int to dmg
2 pts spare?

Destiny:
Fury of the Wild
1) primal scream (3/3), con
2) acute instincts (3/3) damage reduction (3/3), con
3) con
4) sense weakness (3/3), gird against demons (1/2)
5) fury eternal
6) unbridled fury

Twists:
Tier 4: Pierce the Gloom
Tier 3: Haste Boost
Tier 1: Dance of Flowers
Tier 1: Stay Frosty
Tier 1: Cocoon
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2016 at 1:08am by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #262 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 12:45am:
OMGZ  10 SECONDZ MANYSHOOTZ TIMEZ!!!!111!!  NERFZ THEM!!!111"

this is the only thing i have left to entertain me in this game

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #263 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Quote:
26 Silver Dr breaker

holy strike. works on kobolds. works in wolf form, range, melee

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #264 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 1:23am
Print Post  
Quote:
True but its fun!

13 rogue/6 ranger/1 Arti

pure manyshot speed kill?

hmm...

Quote:
18  Improved Precise Shot

dont need this on kobold. swap w weapon focus.

Quote:
15 Zen Archery

what is this for?

points in
14 helf
41 aa
6 harper
11 dws

that is the core.

is the extra sneak worth dance of flowers + earth stance?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #265 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Zen archery is to center a bow for DoF twist. DoF only requires being geared as if you were centered.

So it is sneak vs. earth stance.

The 1 arti adds repeater use in downtime, and a +1 dmg weapon enchant, and conjure bolts spell, and some spell points for AA abilities.
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2016 at 2:28am by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #266 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 3:19am
Print Post  
Quote:
DoF only requires being geared as if you were centered.

dm/kta then? 1 fvs over arty?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #267 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 3:29am
Print Post  
Quote:
repeater use in downtime

can we break 10 second mark.

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #268 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 5:02am
Print Post  
Quote:
The 1 arti adds repeater use in downtime

I thought the entire point of the build was to down the kobold during the manyshot, so there should be no downtime?

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #269 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 10:26am
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 5:02am:
I thought the entire point of the build was to down the kobold during the manyshot, so there should be no downtime?

The entire point is that you should stop listening to clueless morons   Smiley

zoriaan wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 5:02am:
...the build ... to down the kobold during the manyshot...

Half-fag 12Ftr/6Rgr/2Fvs  Wink

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #270 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 12:45am:
News flash - there's more to DDO than killing a boss. 

Even if those builds kill the dojo kobold 2s faster, they're going to suck during all the time you spend killing trash without furyshot charged and boosts running so why bother?  This thread has already shit all over the fight club rule. 

Coming up with a build that can kill the kobold in 10s even if it sucks at everything else in the game will just get stuff nerfed for no reason.  All the devs will hear about from the mobo paladins is "OMGZ  10 SECONDZ MANYSHOOTZ TIMEZ!!!!111!!  NERFZ THEM!!!111"

It's just like the ship runspeed buff.  It was completely fine, didn't hurt anyone, and was even a nice little quality of life perk for most players.   All it took to get it removed was one overly chatty fanboi (fangirl?) trying to look smart and impress the sheep on the mobos and *poof*, there it went.

QFT. It is interesting, but I'm even more interested in optimizing what is practical in actual play.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #271 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 12:07pm:
It is interesting

We're making the "backpack" build here. Get one in raid group. Carry it in your backpack. rezz at boss. Kill it in 5 seconds. That's teamwork  Grin

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #272 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
() wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 10:26am:
The entire point is that you should stop listening to clueless morons   Smiley

Half-fag 12Ftr/6Rgr/2Fvs  Wink

Tell us more about manyshots "four arrows every time!" princess.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #273 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
this has gotten preposterous

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #274 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 1:44pm:
We're making the "backpack" build here. Get one in raid group. Carry it in your backpack. rezz at boss. Kill it in 5 seconds. That's teamwork  Grin

I vote to call it the Hireling build. 

It'll be about as useful as a divine hireling that you summon and park at the entrance to a mission you're soloing so you can summon it to you for a res if you screw up and die.  Highly useful for that one particular function, terrible at everything else.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 
Send TopicPrint