Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Furicannon Build (Thrower/Bow hybrid) (Read 70409 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Furicannon Build (Thrower/Bow hybrid)
Reply #75 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 3:52pm:
Wasn't Firewall the one who coined the "shuricannon" title back in 2013?

Don't know who coined it, it was not me. My first thrower character was a Firewall pure monk 20 Shuiricannon. Immediately TR'd into a multiclass and started experimenting. 2013 sounds about right.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #76 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Jun 29th, 2016 at 3:43pm:
Good point, that's a major thing I forgot. Thanks for not being a douche about pointing it out.

He's a douche all the time just wait
Caps locks is not cruise control for cool.

You might be getting your burns from the 90's.

Cruise control for cool? I certainly wont be getting my burns from you
Decent points. I disagree with parts of what you say, but it occurs to me that debating you is likely pointless as I'll just run up against the wall of your pretension (almost like a... firewall...). "I made the original!" do you even hear yourself? And your conviction that you are king of the throwers. Everybody knows you prefer catching anyway.

Wow, homophobia, personal attacks. This sounds like me (except for the homophobia I dont do that). You can feel free to disagree with whatever you want. If you're not an idiot or an asshole (actually asshole is fine just dont be an idiot) I'm all ears. One guy suggested Arborea and frankly with good force spell power and Force imbue he is right, it's a good choice. So you see, good suggestions get good reception with me. Sorry if I tell people when they're wrong. You'll get over it.

Moreover, in your build thread for Terror Arrows, I'll just remind you of this:
harharharhar wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 1:59pm:
this looks nice dude

As always you can be counted on to be a douche, Sallysobsob.

Tsk tsk, be careful when you look into the abyss my friend. You'll fall off your high horse and start acting like a douche yourself.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2016 at 5:58pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #77 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 30th, 2016 at 5:43pm:
No. I just picked up the starter set for Age of Sigmar though. I mostly prefer the painting part though if I ever finish my armies I will actually play table top with some friends.

Ah, my bad! Thought I saw you running around last night.

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #78 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 30th, 2016 at 5:42pm:
you posted multiple lvl 20 pure monk throwers and updated them for game updates.

Not in Shiradi.

harharharhar wrote on Jun 30th, 2016 at 5:42pm:
I was and still mostly am convinced that you are Firewall on the DDO servers.

harharharhar wrote on Jun 30th, 2016 at 5:53pm:
He's a douche all the time just wait

Wrong again.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #79 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Tsk tsk, be careful when you look into the abyss my friend. You'll fall off your high horse and start acting like a douche yourself.

...Goddammit.

Edit:
Wow, homophobia, personal attacks. This sounds like me (except for the homophobia I dont do that).

Yeah it's popular to cry bigot but don't get it twisted. Maybe if I'd just called you a faggot, but it's a bit more nuanced. For example, if I were imagining you cross dressing I wouldn't make fun of you for that; I would posit that you would show up in some last-season St. Laurent knockoff high heels claiming you were the first to wear them calling everyone else unimaginative sluts. See? No insult to cross dressing, just how you would handle it.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2016 at 11:53pm by gibbon »  

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Thanks for putting this up OP.

So what are you doing for wisdom?
I saw a LGS stat swap item but you need something permanent no? Or does 10k stars function like Int and know the angels (your modifier at moment of casting is what counts)?

Cheers.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Have you done the math is Arborea is better than Ethereal? For me it was a surprise that in the OP you used Ethereal instead, but after someone pointed you could get over 150 extra SA damage with Ethereal I considered that. The video guy obviously doesn't use it, otherwise his SA would be much higher. I wonder what is a realistic breakdown for Hide, and if it does more damage at the end of the day than arborea. I didn't even consider taking an elemental proc, I belive it is very inferior to the other options either Arborea or Ethereal.

And responding to other posts:

I think 18/2 does more average DPS because you get 30% more doubleshot in 10k stars but loose sniper shit. I still have to crunch the numbers to see wich one wins at the end of the day. The ranger lvs give you basically only sniper shot and 3.5 SA damage. The feats can be worked arround. BTW, I belive 20 mnk is suboptimal because you can't work the feats.

Well, it is true manyshot lasts only 20 seconds but it is also true Arraetrikos is not a problem even for LE. The fight is usually an autocompletion. So you can just change to a TF shuriken after your manyshot is over and be fine... You could even be doing more DPS with the TF Shuriken than with a LGS Vacuum, because when your manyshot is over Arraetrikos probably already have maximum stacks of vulnerabilty anyways. But the other choice is not that relevant anyways: it would be deific warding.
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:33am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Dr Faustus
Korthos Resident

Reply #82 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:36am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 5:26am:
Thanks for putting this up OP.

So what are you doing for wisdom?
I saw a LGS stat swap item but you need something permanent no? Or does 10k stars function like Int and know the angels (your modifier at moment of casting is what counts)?

Cheers.

10k stars functions like know the angles. As soon as you cast it, you can swap back. I also use the wisdom stick for when I want to use paralyzing arrows as then I'm not too worried about damage and can afford to drop the toee set bonus.

It is a pain in the ass to constantly swap weapons and buff but its worth it for gear versatility. Next update if I can work the gear better to have wisdom built into perma gear set, I will. However, for now its just too cumbersome.

IP Logged

Dr Faustus
Korthos Resident

Reply #83 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:27am:
Have you done the math is Arborea is better than Ethereal? For me it was a surprise that in the OP you used Ethereal instead, but after someone pointed you could get over 150 extra SA damage with Ethereal I considered that. The video guy obviously doesn't use it, otherwise his SA would be much higher. I wonder what is a realistic breakdown for Hide, and if it does more damage at the end of the day than arborea. I didn't even consider taking an elemental proc, I belive it is very inferior to the other options either Arborea or Ethereal.

And responding to other posts:

I think 18/2 does more average DPS because you get 30% more doubleshot in 10k stars but loose sniper shit. I still have to crunch the numbers to see wich one wins at the end of the day. The ranger lvs give you basically only sniper shot and 3.5 SA damage. The feats can be worked arround. BTW, I belive 20 mnk is suboptimal because you can't work the feats.

Well, it is true manyshot lasts only 20 seconds but it is also true Arraetrikos is not a problem even for LE. The fight is usually an autocompletion. So you can just change to a TF shuriken after your manyshot is over and be fine... You could even be doing more DPS with the TF Shuriken than with a LGS Vacuum, because when your manyshot is over Arraetrikos probably already have maximum stacks of vulnerabilty anyways. But the other choice is not that relevant anyways: it would be deific warding.

I've done the math though its largely in spreadsheets - though I will say I haven't done it including the force spell power boost since I wasn't using that imbue before. I will have to redo it including that as well. I'll give the breakdown later today.

Losing sniper shot is huge - a lot bigger of a deal than most people would make out. Sniper shot + adrenaline is your bread and butter combo and accounts for a large amount of your total dps. I don't think 20% doubleshot during 10k is going to make up for it. At best that averages to 10% doubleshot full time. This is 10% or less dps gain depending on where your doubleshot is. Best case scenario: sniper shot is 20% of your total dps. x {sniper shot} =? (.8)(1.1)x {18/2} -> x =? .88x -> sniper shot wins. This is an extremely rough calculation - obviously if you aren't taking sniper shot your going to be playing differently (i.e. probably lose a lot less autos). Still I think you will find it isn't better damage.

I actually prefer to 10k stars then furyshot on arraetrikos simply because there seems to be a bit more lag at the beginning of the round, and I want to have full vulnerability stacks before I start furyshotting. Still largely a preference thing - also lgs shuriken (if you have the right combo) does more damage per shuriken than tf does to harry Smiley. Still I think debating a level 26 feat is pointless - at most its ~40-80 dps difference.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Dr Faustus wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:36am:
10k stars functions like know the angles. As soon as you cast it, you can swap back. I also use the wisdom stick for when I want to use paralyzing arrows as then I'm not too worried about damage and can afford to drop the toee set bonus.

It is a pain in the ass to constantly swap weapons and buff but its worth it for gear versatility. Next update if I can work the gear better to have wisdom built into perma gear set, I will. However, for now its just too cumbersome.

Stands to reason, thx.
You could swap from your main weapon combo to int + wis sticks and hit KTA and 10K stars at the same time so that you only swap once. Can slot a +8 and +2 wis/int augments for when you feel lazy.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #85 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Dr Faustus wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:36am:

I went with DoJ goggles + Search & Rescue cloak.  That gives you 12 enhancement, 4 insightful, and 4 quality.  It's not as good as a 15/7/2 LGS, but it's was good enough for me considering the QoL boost in not having to swap constantly.

The +3 enhanced ki from DoJ goggles is a nice perk, too.  Can swap to melee and fill up the yellow bar in about 10s.

Dr Faustus wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:54am:
I've done the math though its largely in spreadsheets - though I will say I haven't done it including the force spell power boost since I wasn't using that imbue before. I will have to redo it including that as well. I'll give the breakdown later today.

Losing sniper shot is huge - a lot bigger of a deal than most people would make out. Sniper shot + adrenaline is your bread and butter combo and accounts for a large amount of your total dps.

100% agree with this. 

Sniper Shot is a baby Arrow of Slaying every 6s that doesn't cost spell points and renders the target vulnerable to sneak attack.

Thanks to the high projectile count of a shuriken build, I estimate that I was regenning adrenalines fast enough during trash clearing on missions to use an adrenaline boosted Sniper Shot every 3rd, maybe 4th activation.  Sniper Shot + Adrenaline = champion killer.

« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2016 at 3:33pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #86 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Dr Faustus wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:54am:

Losing sniper shot is huge - a lot bigger of a deal than most people would make out. Sniper shot + adrenaline is your bread and butter combo and accounts for a large amount of your total dps. I don't think 20% doubleshot during 10k is going to make up for it. At best that averages to 10% doubleshot full time. This is 10% or less dps gain depending on where your doubleshot is. Best case scenario: sniper shot is 20% of your total dps. x {sniper shot} =? (.8)(1.1)x {18/2} -> x =? .88x -> sniper shot wins. This is an extremely rough calculation - obviously if you aren't taking sniper shot your going to be playing differently (i.e. probably lose a lot less autos). Still I think you will find it isn't better damage.

I actually prefer to 10k stars then furyshot on arraetrikos simply because there seems to be a bit more lag at the beginning of the round, and I want to have full vulnerability stacks before I start furyshotting. Still largely a preference thing - also lgs shuriken (if you have the right combo) does more damage per shuriken than tf does to harry Smiley. Still I think debating a level 26 feat is pointless - at most its ~40-80 dps difference.

/flameoff

It's VERY hard to calculate with any level of accuracy the exact benefit of higher constant proc damage versus bigger burst numbers from Adrenaline + Sniper/Slayer. The reason is because of Time to Kill as a variable (TTK). The bigger your burst, the lower your TTK usually is for most mobs. That itself makes small constant procs less valuable.

This is why in red named tests, I believe, my results always showed that maxing base damage (and seeker) in Fury was always the superior combo. Every point of base damage is magnified so much, and regen on Adrenaline combined with cooldown shortness of Sniper Shot (so crucial on these builds) are so fast, that there is just no catching up by having some extra sneak. Sneak of Shadows is temporary, and so is SA immunity removal and fort lowering debuffs. All of that combined with needing to shed agro makes SA damage something I honestly think you can forget about/prioritize LAST on a Fury of the Wild Shuriken build.

If you want to hyper-specialize in SD or LD for SA damage, fine, but I still think you will lag hard on killing bosses. I dont know, since I never did it and no one posts those results.

I completely agree, and tested Pure and 18/2 back in Update 29/30 at the height of my Fury build(ing) to see. I also have spreadsheets showing that lack of sniper and lower base damage as a trade off for more 10k Doubleshot (from Monk levels) is a net loss od DPS. 18/2 Thrower is definitely not a top DPS build in Fury. You NEED Sniper shot to rotate. I completely agree with Faustus on this, as I have argued ad naseum here and on the main forums in previous build threads that losing Sniper Shot on a Fury build significantly cuts your DPS. This was proiven out in Red Named kobold tests I did and published showing something like 20 second differnce in just having Slayer versus Sniper + Slayer (Pure Monk was 90 some seconds, and 14Monk/6Ranger was 73'ish I think).

Very big difference.

TLDR: Do not max you Monk levels on a FoTW Shuri at the cost of Sniper Shot. The same logic also points to the superiority of Aborea as your feat choice for the increased base damage.

Also, the reason I never recommended Aborea on my builds was because I liked to take the one that gave greater vamprisim because with some healing Amp, I could drop Cocoon and heal insane amounts in short time by throwing stars at shit which was awesome and fun.

« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2016 at 4:11pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
This thread is fantastic!  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #88 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 4:09pm:
Also, the reason I never recommended Aborea on my builds was because I liked to take the one that gave greater vamprisim because with some healing Amp, I could drop Cocoon and heal insane amounts in short time by throwing stars at shit which was awesome and fun.

Shit, I've avoided mentioning it, because I've been having the same fun on a repeater. I hope the fact that it isn't a top dps choice keeps it from becoming a nerf target. That feat def. favors toons with a high rate of attack (but truly shines when soloing).

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Had a sneak attack shurican build at lvl 30 a couple updates ago when that hide-to-SA came out. 

Fully geared with about 120 hide was getting about 3050 red named DPS consistently. 

That's in shadow dancer with as many Fort/immunity debuffs I could find at the time
« Last Edit: Jul 1st, 2016 at 9:55pm by ElGuapo »  

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Where do I put this oil?

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Im not saying its the best idea or the best DPS you can pull, but it worked.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #92 - Jul 4th, 2016 at 11:31am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 4:09pm:
Also, the reason I never recommended Aborea on my builds was because I liked to take the one that gave greater vamprisim

ROFL

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #93 - Jul 5th, 2016 at 1:42am
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Jul 2nd, 2016 at 4:04pm:
Im not saying its the best idea or the best DPS you can pull, but it worked.

Neither was the greater vampirism feat, but sure made playing so much smoother. The DPS hit was pretty small, but never stopping to cast or hide to let Cocoon tick also added up to some of that DPS.

IP Logged

^_^
Dirty Sock

KNN's Bitch

Reply #94 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
5FaggotStep and Sandy Vag go at it again...  Huh Embarrassed  Undecided

The best moments LOL  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

[] wrote on Jan 14th, 2016 at 2:59pm:
He seems to be performing at his optimal, though limited, level of intelligence.  It's Reilley that we need to be nice to.  That guys one more troll victimization away from putting his head in the oven.

Darth Anonymous wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 5:35pm:
We should deport all the SW fangirls over the age of 12 (except for grand he is special) and build a wall to keep them from coming back.

Darth Anonymous wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 5:55pm:
Will build it out of pussy. That is one thing those fanboys can never get a hold of.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
So what Scion are you using, after all?

IP Logged

Dr Faustus
Korthos Resident

Reply #96 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jul 6th, 2016 at 7:05pm:
So what Scion are you using, after all?

ethereal - did some calculations and its still superior to arborea, even if you include a fairly large damping factor for not having sneak attack up all the time

IP Logged

NightLord
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 9:32am
Print Post  
we need to don Pietro Savastano ... oh no, he's dead !! Sad
"dr. Faustus"  Grin

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Dr Faustus wrote on Jul 6th, 2016 at 7:33pm:
ethereal - did some calculations and its still superior to arborea, even if you include a fairly large damping factor for not having sneak attack up all the time

What is your Hide?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #99 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jul 7th, 2016 at 9:49am:
What is your Hide?

I'd like to see his calcs for DPS utilizing Ranged Power/Adrenaline/Activated attack with arborea for more RP and base damage versus SA damage.

Also, how are you calculating uptime of SoS and other temp bonuses to hide? And SA immunity? And Aggro? I'd love to see these buffers in your calculations.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2016 at 12:39pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Send TopicPrint