Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Morning lord cleric help needed (Read 3726 times)
Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Morning lord cleric help needed
Jul 5th, 2016 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Hey Vaulties,
   I am working on my endgame caster (prob Warlock) after 3 years absence from the game, I took my pale master and just finishing the last sorc life and want see how doing one Morninglord cleric life is, maybe I'll do all three.  So currently I have 3 wiz and 3 sorc lives and +7 supreme tome.  I am going to try the DC evo caster blade barrier and sunburst route.  My questions are what alignment as I normally go true neutral, but it seems most clerics are at least neutral good, not sure why.  Also, I have zero epic gear, so my options are limited a bit on builds, hence I am tending to pure cleric.  I would like to be able to solo at least EH and perhaps EE.  I prefer grouping, but sometimes that just isn't an option.  Any thoughs are appreciated.  Spoon

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Morning lord cleric help needed
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 1:25am
Print Post  
Cleric caster, Hell any caster, needs good gear to solo EE. Don't forget implosion and holy smite are evo too. No reason not to be TN. Standard caster feats are fine if all you want to do is cast.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Remember iconic toons (like morning lord) require you to reach level 30 before you can iconic TR (and get the heroic + iconic past live) and so you have to plan for that.

You did not mention what state your epic destinies are in. For no gear "Primal Avatar" and "Shiradi Champion" are good options.

For a cleric past live you could go 6/6/8 fighter/monk/cleric (leveling in that order) tree build using Primal Avatar (not ideal but viable). This option also requires some twists of fate slots for healing and requires more active play in order to properly use it. Not everyone likes playing a tree.

Or 11/7/2 cleric/wizard/fvs (again not optimal due to cleric constraint) You'll have blade barrier, heal, Chain missile, fvs goodies.

Keep in mind it's pretty easy to get very good gear without entering a single raid but still, it's easier to go for straight damage than DC casting especially when you want to be able to solo EE.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2016 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Yes, I figure I might need to do a few iconic past lives to essentially gear up, probably soloing EE is over my pay grade for now...  I think I only have magister and some of the fatesinger destinies done so there is work needed there too and no trees for me at the moment...  So with the 11/7/2 split do the caster levels stack for the max damage dice and DCs for blade barrier?  That also means no implodes...  hmm..

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Well the thing about shiradi builds is that they are based on you having the epic destinie, without it you'll be very weak.
I'd recommend forgoing the 11/7/2 Until you have it unlocked or grind your teeth through it while you gain xp in epic levels and cap that ED.

You could go 15/5 cleric/fvs taking fvs tier 5 and going pew pew with light spells and keep spewing blade barriers.

Edit:
And no, the caster levels for the 11/7/2 do not stack.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2016 at 1:32pm by SayWhatAgain »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Jul 7th, 2016 at 1:31pm:
I'd recommend forgoing the 11/7/2 Until you have it unlocked or grind your teeth through it while you gain xp in epic levels and cap that ED.

I just had to do this for my wiz and am in middle of doing it for the sorc version.

If it is a first life toon( like mine) then try to build it for leveling EDs doing dailies with a high spell DC for evocation. This way you can level the toon in draconic, magister, fatesinger, Exalted, DC, and get use out of all the dc boosting available. This leaves the toon with some power while in off destinies like martial sphere and US.

Beeline for shiradi ED asap, then come back and cap arcane sphere for hellball and arcane pulse access, do it before level 28+. Then level some EDs for twist to get to tier 4 and tier 3 leaving the build with access to energy burst and empyrean magic. After you're set up with EDs and twists use the free LR0 you get at creation.
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2016 at 2:40pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Ok 15/5 Clr fvs looks good.  Is 12 charisma sufficient for this type of build?

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 14th, 2016 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
So I am currently lvl 21 holding 22 mostly I am spamming the SLAs nimbus and searing light with sunbeam and sunbolt thrown in, and the occasional divine punishment on bosses with maximize and empower on.  The cooldowns on the SLAs can be a bit annoying and since my gear is no so great my dps is very crit dependent which is around 40%.  It can be tough to solo things just because not everything will follow you through the your blade barriers...  For enhancements I put the minimum in ML to get sunburst and 3 ranks in arcanum for spell pen and points.  DD is mostly in light spell power, crit, the 2 SLAs, and evocation DCs and then AoV for sourge all the smiting crit boosters and efficient maximize and empower.  spell points in groups is not an issue, solo definitely a pot sink since the aoe dps is lacking....

I have the arcane sphere done (doing martial now) and only have enough fate points for a tier 2 and a tier 1 twist which are the draconic evo dc's and draconic reflex saves. 

With sunburst and the nice range of the rays, I am at least on a drag on a group, sometimes even helpful.  Any criticisms are appreciated. 

[/code html]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 4.31.203
DDO Character Planner Home Page

Enhancement: Morninglord - Rejuvenation of Dawn (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Morninglord - Arcanum (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Morninglord - Light of the Sun God (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Morninglord - Amaunator's Brilliance (Rank 3)
Enhancement:  Morninglord - Aura of Radiance (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Divine Emissary of Light (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Sacred Defense (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Sun Bolt (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Sunbeam (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spellpower: Light (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spell Points (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spellpower: Force (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spell Critical: Light (Rank 1)
Enhancement:  Divine Disciple (Clr) - Searing Light (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spellpower: Light (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spell DC: Evocation (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Divine Disciple (Clr) - Spell DC: Evocation (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Font of Power (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Shield of Condemnation (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Scourge (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Smiting (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Empower (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 3)

[/code]

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #8 - Jul 14th, 2016 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Off destiny is a drag no matter what your build. You'll want to get over to Exalted Angel on a light spammer.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 18th, 2016 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Ok, so far so good.  I am at lvl 27 holding 28.  Mag, DI, FS, Shiradi and PA pretty much capped.  Now I have to do flowers so I can drop down into the divine sphere.   Quick question about armor, I have been running in plate, but I perhaps because the armor mechanic is sooo utterly different than 3 years ago, that isn't the way to go?  Should I be using another type of armor, and I am not using a board because of asf is that thinking correct as well?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #10 - Jul 18th, 2016 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Arcane spell failure does not apply to divine spells. Stay in Heavy armor and use a shield too when it doesn't interfere with your caster gear. There's nothing centered-only in GMoF  for a divine caster worth taking off your armor for. Farm your xp and move along.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint