Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) 6 Fighter / 14 Wizard (Read 12773 times)
Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: 6 Fighter / 14 Wizard
Reply #25 - Jul 22nd, 2016 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 22nd, 2016 at 12:41pm:
Because the wiki page on experience elixirs is just so damn exciting. It's way more fun than reading about wizard spells or past life feats  Smiley

I was alluding more to the fact that you've made it abundantly clear with your past posts that you're too lazy to go read the wiki for even some of the most basic questions regarding DDO rather than being specific to the xp elixirs.  In other words, karma caught up to you.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #26 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Well for anyone who's not too busy mocking my poor wiki-reading skills, here's an update on the build.

DPS is lackluster. Not terrible, some pretty decent hits and having both auras tick helps. Survivability is good, at lvl 20 I was running around Thunderholme solo without too much trouble, In a full raid group it was unwise for me to get seperated, but I could handle 2-3 mobs pretty easy(keep in mind this is a lvl 20 character in a lvl 29 explorer area).

Cloudkill turns out to be really powerful. I have massive acid spellpower/crits. Cloudkill and Ice Storm are doing a really great job together, combined with 3 cleave attacks and I really don't have any more buttons for spells. Later on I may try to find some good fire spell power items and do flame walls.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #27 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1431041451/16

Was something I was playing around with a couple of whiles ago.

Actually ended up going 12/4/4 for feats.

Fighter is much cooler now than it was then, so I'll probably give it another shot.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #28 - Jul 25th, 2016 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 3:19pm:
Cloudkill turns out to be really powerful.

I was too used to the old Cloudkill to believe it myself, on my last Wiz. life. I kept switching it out but eventually coming back to it. Cloudkill is the real deal, now. Still, surprise probably has me overestimating it. It's on par with Ice Storm & Wall of Fire, and that's enough.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #29 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 9:25pm:
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1431041451/16

Was something I was playing around with a couple of whiles ago.

Actually ended up going 12/4/4 for feats.

Fighter is much cooler now than it was then, so I'll probably give it another shot.

Interesting split, what do the 4 paladin levels buy you?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #30 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 25th, 2016 at 10:21pm:
I was too used to the old Cloudkill to believe it myself, on my last Wiz. life. I kept switching it out but eventually coming back to it. Cloudkill is the real deal, now. Still, surprise probably has me overestimating it. It's on par with Ice Storm & Wall of Fire, and that's enough.

When I get a few more levels and go back to bastard sword/orb it'll be hitting a lot harder. ATM I'm sortta going through a rebellious greataxe phase.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #31 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 11:47am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 26th, 2016 at 12:37pm:
Interesting split, what do the 4 paladin levels buy you?

10% move speed and 20% hp from Defender.

Would go 12/6/2 w/f/p now, probably.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #32 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Build Update, again for anyone who cares: At the moment it is not overly survivable. Even with displacement, death aura, and lesser death aura, I am having some trouble staying alive in EE content. That will imrpove with level as I start having space to slot PRR items and get my spellpower up higher. Being on a poor destiny certainly doesn't help, but I have to re-fill the karma pot in the

I've got about 650~ hit points and around 50 PRR, AC is also depressingly low but frankly I cannot figure out AC still. On my Sword and Board build a few lives ago I think I still just went for high PRR.

Character is currently level 22. I think when I can get negative Energy Burst to land for a full heal I'll be in good shape.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #33 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 1st, 2016 at 1:40pm:
At the moment it is not overly survivable.

I had similar issues.

I managed to pick up the heroic version of the Festering Mummy Wrappings, so I'm considering trying it again using that.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
If I had that belt it would help a lot, I had actually intended to grind one out but I'd need to be off-potion before I can do it.

Having a MinII greensteel HP item will also help, I JUST finished shroud-runs to make one, but am hopelessly far away from cleansing it(2/18 Sad ). I am only doing GS HP and MP items, I have a cleaned MP item... that is a cloak, wearing it would mean giving up my abashai set bonus, which admittedly I may do anyway. Irregardless, gear layout is always a hassle.

I'm seeing more Heroic Shroud runs these days, maybe I can pull off 20 this life and cleanse another GS, not that that helps me for now. I'm gonna try for that belt I guess, do you have any idea what the drop rate is like? Can I get one in a few runs, or is like the stuff from Devil's Gambit?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #35 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 1st, 2016 at 5:37pm:
do you have any idea what the drop rate is like?

I'm no help here, ran the quest once on HE and got it.

Sooo... 100%?  Grin

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #36 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 1st, 2016 at 1:40pm:
around 50 PRR, AC is also depressingly low but frankly I cannot figure out AC still.

This is your problem. 

For melee in EE, you either have to go full-retard dodge+concealment+ghostly+evasion or go full-retard PRR+MRR.  You can't half-ass the defensive stuff on a melee in EE.

You should have 100+ PRR on a medium/heavy armor melee build in EE.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #37 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 1st, 2016 at 7:23pm:
This is your problem. 

This NOT my only problem.

Tongue

Yeah I have quite a few problems. By I should be able to get with spitting distance of 100 prr by lvl 24 or so.
This is also just one more reason I am holding my breath for the canith crafting expansion: Gonna make slotting prr sooooooo much easier. Ah I can't wait to make a shelter/insightful sheltering item....

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #38 - Aug 1st, 2016 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Aug 1st, 2016 at 6:26pm:
I'm no help here, ran the quest once on HE and got it.

Sooo... 100%?  Grin

You always have to log hot turbine wont even let anyone TALK about the drop rates on shit. Short answer: If you have to hide it, you're doing something shitty.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #39 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 5:17am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 1st, 2016 at 5:37pm:
If I had that belt it would help a lot

That belt almost made my pure wizzy unkillable all by itself, lvls 15-18 when I ran it to 20 for a TR. I picked it up in the first few weeks after the quests came out. I'm sure the drop rate since then has been ... uh, dropped.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #40 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 2nd, 2016 at 5:17am:
That belt almost made my pure wizzy unkillable all by itself, lvls 15-18 when I ran it to 20 for a TR. I picked it up in the first few weeks after the quests came out. I'm sure the drop rate since then has been ... uh, dropped.

It occurs to me that I could run the quest on an alt to avoid wasting a potion Tongue Unfortunately I irrevocably fucked up my farming alt a while back /sad day.

Anyway I finally got some time to play last night - I am actually hitting more like 75 PRR, and again that's without even really trying. A little re-spec and re-gear and I should be golden.

Sadly even if I manage to grind out that belt I won't get to use it for a bit, I sacrificed my resistance salad to get an essence of cleansing, then used it on my conc belt. Now I have a cleaned SP item and a cleansed HP item, but no more resistance salad Sad (I hadn't used it in 3 lives anyway, and I can always make another. Cleansing it was a mistake.)

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #41 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Con-op is nice but definitely not a necessity in the current game given the spell point pools available due to power creep on gear.

The Search and Rescue belt is a must-have item for this in my opinion.  Another item I would consider mandatory for this is the spellpower hat from Memoirs of an Illusory Larcener.  It will give you decent spellpower across the board.   Better than trying to slot negative,combustion, and corrosion spell power individually. 

I could see this being a pretty fun build even if it's not a complete EE/LE ass kicker.  It would definitely have a lot of convenience and utility from the spells and buffs.

I would make the following choices:
  • Intelligence primary, constitution secondary.  Use Harper for Int to hit and dmg.  Insightful Reflexes feat.
  • Non-robot.  Undead form is redundant with and/or cancels the benefits of a robot anyway.
  • Go medium, possibly heavy armor.  Depends on how much ASF reduction you can spare the APs for.  The more PRR the better.
  • T5s + 3rd core (32 pts) in Kensai gets you +1 crit range and multi.
  • T4s in Stalwart Defender (21 pts) for stance and runspeed.
  • Core 3 - Wraith Form in Palemaster (21 pts) - 25% ghostly/incorp, extra dodge, neg healing amp, neg crit, etc.
  • The rest in Eldritch Knight for ASF reduction maybe.
  • Tough call between THF and SWF (bastard sword)+orb. Probably similar in effectiveness.  SWF + orb would give you the extra slot for caster-centric bonuses though which might be nice.

I would gear it primarily for melee DPS and negative spell power/crits.  Fire and acid spellpower secondary.

If fire based, open with fireball/dbf and lay down a firewall then melee.  Scorching Ray for sniping and single target dps where you don't want to be in melee range.  If acid, open with acid blast, cast cloudkill and melee in the clould.  Acid Arrow and Black Dragon Bolt for single target sniping.

You'd have a good set of buffs, enough spell points to keep extended Displacement, Death Aura and Lesser Death Aura up full time.  Use quickened Negative Energy Bursts for emergency heals.

With Stalwart Defense stance, 50% Displacement (spell), 25% Incorporeal (Wraith Form), some dodge, decent PRR and AC, survivability should be solid.  Healing will be top notch between the auras and NEB.

Melee DPS won't be amazing, but might be sufficient with the Kensai enhancements.
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2016 at 2:21pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #42 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 2nd, 2016 at 2:11pm:
Con-op is nice but definitely not a necessity in the current game given the spell point pools available due to power creep on gear.

Agreed. I mainly wear the conc item for the SP at this point (Wizardry VI and some insightful SPs), its the best SP item for now, though I will switch it out in a few more levels.

The Search and Rescue belt is a must-have item for this in my opinion.  Another item I would consider mandatory for this is the spellpower hat from Memoirs of an Illusory Larcener.  It will give you decent spellpower across the board.   Better than trying to slot negative,combustion, and corrosion spell power individually. 

Will be trying for the belt sooner or later, would definitely have been great especially during that first crawl through heroics *shiver* even know I lust for it but simply can't spare the time to go farm for the damn thing. I'll be doing AT LEAST 2 more wizard lives including a full-blown Palemaster life sooner or later, so it'll be worth grinding out.

The hat is definitely nice, would not say no to it. At the moment I am using an Epic Darkstorm helm which has Negative and Electric power on it + 16% crits. Add epic rock boots for acid spell power / lore and I've got all the SPs and lores I need(I only use Negetive, Electric, and Acid spells really)

I could see this being a pretty fun build even if it's not a complete EE/LE ass kicker.  It would definitely have a lot of convenience and utility from the spells and buffs.

Build is enormously fun. I think a better player in a group wouldn't have much trouble doing EE content. LE is another matter.

I would make the following choices:
  • Intelligence primary, constitution secondary.  Use Harper for Int to hit and dmg.  Insightful Reflexes feat.
  • Non-robot.  Undead form is redundant with and/or cancels the benefits of a robot anyway.
  • Go medium, possibly heavy armor.  Depends on how much ASF reduction you can spare the APs for.  The more PRR the better.
  • T5s + 3rd core (32 pts) in Kensai gets you +1 crit range and multi.
  • T4s in Stalwart Defender (21 pts) for stance and runspeed.
  • Core 3 - Wraith Form in Palemaster (21 pts) - 25% ghostly/incorp, extra dodge, neg healing amp, neg crit, etc.
  • The rest in Eldritch Knight for ASF reduction maybe.
  • Tough call between THF and SWF (bastard sword)+orb. Probably similar in effectiveness.  SWF + orb would give you the extra slot for caster-centric bonuses though which might be nice.

I would gear it primarily for melee DPS and negative spell power/crits.  Fire and acid spellpower secondary.

-I went strength-based because I had so much STR gear that it simply made more sense. I think i put every point into INT and STR still ended up higher, +7 tomes help a bit.
-went robot because I have almost a full inventory bag of docents. My last caster-life was fleshie and I ended up using a lvl 14 robe all the way to lvl 24. I didn't have anything better and couldn't find anything.
-medium armor is easy enough to cancel out arcane spell failure. Probably could have gotten away with heavy but didn't feel like taking the effort.

Tree-wise I went mostly into Eldritch Knight to get the full-time tensers. A lot more in PaleMaster for Wraith Form.

I am actually currently into harpers for int-to-damage but am going to throw all that to Stalwart instead for the extra PRR.

THF v SWF was a VERY tough call, but I ended up going with THF for the same reason as robot: available gear. I have a huge collection of greataxes, greatswords, and bastard swords. On the flip-side, I have an equally nice collection of SWF blades left over from my bard life. THF won out because combined with Cleave it means more AOE DPS. Plus you can get all the AOS benefits while still going bastard sword and orb.

If fire based, open with fireball/dbf and lay down a firewall then melee.  Scorching Ray for sniping and single target dps where you don't want to be in melee range.  If acid, open with acid blast, cast cloudkill and melee in the clould.  Acid Arrow and Black Dragon Bolt for single target sniping.

Am not fire based. Acid was easier to slot, and fewer things are immune to acid.

Melee DPS won't be amazing, but might be sufficient with the Kensai enhancements.

Melee DPS is not terrible. I'm not leading the board on kill counts but I do ok. I'm not hitting as hard as say a barbarian, but I do some pretty good hits and fairly frequently. It'll only get better as more powerful weapons become available to me.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #43 - Aug 2nd, 2016 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
The Search and Rescue belt is a must-have item for this in my opinion.

This times 100. Give or take 100, since I'm basing my opinion solely on lvl 15-18.

Farmed with a capped toon. Was getting my ass kicked on the Drow Priestess optional until I underped long enough to slot a light resistance item. Same with Umber Hulks & spell resistance, though the Umber Hulks were mostly just annoying.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #44 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 12:48am
Print Post  
I'll probably go farm on hard or nomal with a lvl 20 alt. I just hope the drop rate is not retardedly low Sad

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #45 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Damnit... I just found a "Seal of House Snzid" on the AH with +2 Insightful Charisma, +68 Potency, and +225 Spell points.

For 12,000 platium. The FUCK?! I think somebody dun missed a few zeros.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #46 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 8:31am
Print Post  
I usually farm heroic gear by joining random eliteBB pugs with an iconic warlock mule.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #47 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Aug 3rd, 2016 at 8:31am:
I usually farm heroic gear by joining random eliteBB pugs with an iconic warlock mule.

If I saw more such pugs on argo I would. I frequently do "test" builds, then leave them as mules, so I've got some nice characters... with shit for gear, but I mean who cares?

The real problem is server population is in the shitter. Be nice if they'd up the drop rates so those of us actually playing can have some kinda QOL.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #48 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
So, build update:

Survivability is improving. Higher levels have given access to better gear, which has led to more HP. Sitting at around 800 I do pretty well with 100 PRR/displacement/wraith/both auras ticking down. DPS is also pretty decent. The spell damage could be a lot higher, but slotting better spell power/crit items has been a huge pain in the ass, not to mention the best gear would require undue hours of farming.

The build definitely won't be soloing EE content, but does well in groups on EE. I did even take it into some LE content, and did about as well as you'd expect. Then again, I wouldn't expect most builds to fair too well in LE when still in the early 20s Tongue

Just hit 26 yesterday, will be 27 tonight(was about 10k off Tongue) so will see how the build preforms once I get my Deathwyrm Cloak equipped. Yeah I'd have been happier all these levels with the belt from Search and Rescue, but that will have to be farmed out on a later life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint