Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) New character class? (Read 11178 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

New character class?
Jul 26th, 2016 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Not so much speculation as just discussion. If the game does end up getting a new expansion, hopefully it'll come with a new class, and I'm just speculating on what else the game needs.

Last two classes we got were Druid and Warlock. I feel like we could use another distinctly melee class to keep the fighters, barbarians, and rogues company.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Re: New character class?
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 26th, 2016 at 6:35pm:
what else the game needs.

People that can code with enough imagination to bake quests that are not:

Corridor full of enemies, kill everything, lever unlocks (fuck you stealthy toons), rinse and repeat 3 or 4 times. Big room with boss

A fucking clue on how to manage the game would be really nice too but I realize I'm asking too much

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 6:55pm
Print Post  

New races? Yes.

New classes? No.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2016 at 6:56pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Introduced in Update 34, the Developer class creates Bugs to destroy players in addition to a variety of antiquated systems to lag them in their adventures. Dexterity is their casting stat from years of Pacman larps.

Design intention of the class is toward concentrating mostly on creating bugs and eliminating benefits for players, and ways to manipulate other players into quitting the game. While the Developer does have spell abilities, they are closer to a ranged character than a traditional caster. It is a regular class, not race-specific iconic one.

Class Summary[edit]
Alignment: Any - but being Lawful and/or Good restricts your forum posting options

Hit die: d6

Class Skills[edit]
Skill points at 1st level: (2 + Intelligence modifier) x4
Skill points at each additional level: 2 + Intelligence modifier

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Could do without new classes and races.  More imaginative content would be most welcome.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
I got one wish fulfilled when druid came out in with MOTU but was ruined by the rollout. I had to wait til 2015 to start enjoying it and since I last played it was still one of my favorites. The other one I was really holding out for was psionics. Since the whole goddamn Ebberon module is based around psionics it never made a shade of sense why they never implemented the class. I was totally confuzzled when they came out with artificers over psionics but maybe it was because we already had too many magic based classes not to mention the developers would have had to actually work to integrate psioncis along with melee cross class.

If they couldn't even develop a decent skin for their garbage anniversary event broccoli beater, I'm placing bets if they do dare to develop another class, it will be another homogenized, heavily sampled or blatantly ripped off collection of content from DDO or other outdated MMO's and thrown together like the classic Turbine septic tank casserole players have been choking down for now over a year.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #6 - Jul 26th, 2016 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
I would say Psion is one that is missing but seeing how they implemented both Mindflayers and Warlocks I'd say it would just be a watered down bard with firewall.

For melee, there is a 4th ed class Warlord but I've not looked into it too much to say how it would differ from Fighter, Paladin, or Barbarian.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2016 at 8:09pm by Mr Reilly »  

- Zorro

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jul 26th, 2016 at 6:55pm:
New races? Yes.

New classes? No.

This ^

Mr Reilly wrote on Jul 26th, 2016 at 8:06pm:
I would say Psion is one that is missing

Add it with the new races... Kalashtars and Shifters are still missing as Eberron Races.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #8 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 3:00am
Print Post  
1) REAL arcane archer that can transmit all spells through a bow.

2) REAL palemaster that can rez every dead enemy to assist the group

3) COMPLETE druid that can command all random animals in the guest to their benefit (random animals vary per quest.)

4) Real FVS that can bestow crowns of retribution left an right (on a timer) to "bless" group members during combat in a non-dispellable way.

You know, basic PNP shit be introduced to the game...

*yawn*
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2016 at 3:01am by [] »  

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 4:38am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jul 26th, 2016 at 6:35pm:
Not so much speculation as just discussion. If the game does end up getting a new expansion, hopefully it'll come with a new class, and I'm just speculating on what else the game needs.

Last two classes we got were Druid and Warlock. I feel like we could use another distinctly melee class to keep the fighters, barbarians, and rogues company.

Nothing, they'll only fuck it up and make the game balance worse.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 5:43am
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Jul 26th, 2016 at 7:26pm:
If they couldn't even develop a decent skin for their garbage anniversary event broccoli beater [...]

They did manage to make it BtA.  All the other crap in that event was BtC.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #11 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Psionics would be the beezneez.

The mechanics are already in place even if re-purposed from other class abilities, spells and mob abilities.

Oh and confetti, permanent confetti...HWIN

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #12 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 9:09am
Print Post  
I kinda feel like, outside of the Psionic classes, we have all the classes we really need.  What else can they add that isn't really just a very minor adjustment on something we already have? 

Races and Iconics seem to be the better place to invest time and energy and can add some more diverse and unique character build options.

(My personal fav options:  Tiefling, Aasimar, Kalashtar, Dragonborn for races and Dwarf Battlerager for an Iconic)

I'd rather see investment there, unless they are thinking of allowing us to go evil on alignments.  Then Blackguards would be a nice class add....
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2016 at 9:11am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 10:10am
Print Post  
They can't even fix the classes we already have and you want more?
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2016 at 10:10am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Knight Solaire
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
I'd like to see Swordmages.

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #15 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jul 27th, 2016 at 5:43am:
They did manage to make it BtA.  All the other crap in that event was BtC.

The loot was appalling and originally intentionally insulting. (Remember "Constant Criticism" being changed?) I was referring to the graphic for anything new being developed. Before there was so much more attention to detail. Now it looks like the developers are using a fucking etch a sketch for designing anything new. Tell me, does this thing come close to resembling a stalk of broccoli?

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Broccoli_Bashers

No wonder it kills oozes. This weapon looks like something that would come out of my ass after eating 3 bags of sour gummi bears.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2016 at 3:28pm by Novalis »  

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #16 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
I’d be OK with psionic classes.  But, I would prefer more choices for enhancement trees and epic destinies.  And those can’t happen until the class passes are done.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
unlockable monster races- with level adjustments (ogres, minotaurs), race templates (halffiends, etc), and multiclassed enhancement trees emulating real multiclass prestige classes

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #18 - Jul 27th, 2016 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
When all of you say you want a psionic class I really get the feeling you're not remembering that this would be programmed by Turbine.

You're not gonna get a psion.  You're gonna get a spellcaster with sonic SLAs, charm person, and warforged weapon attachment reskinned as graft.  It will be OP, but it's not gonna be a psion.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2016 at 8:25pm by Mr Reilly »  

- Zorro

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #19 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Jul 27th, 2016 at 8:23pm:
When all of you say you want a psionic class I really get the feeling you're not remembering that this would be programmed by Turbine.

You're not gonna get a psion.  You're gonna get a spellcaster with sonic SLAs, charm person, and warforged weapon attachment reskinned as graft.  It will be OP, but it's not gonna be a psion.

This.
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2016 at 1:36am by Sim-Sala-Bim »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #20 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 1:38am
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Jul 27th, 2016 at 7:08am:
Psionics would be the beezneez.

Oh, the homosexuality...

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 2:31am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jul 28th, 2016 at 1:38am:
~

Hey how is that new janitor job going Princess? a couple of us noticed your new schedule posting a 4:30 am San Jaun time like clockwork. Enjoying that second shift? 

Too funny to see you still trying to sound like a baller who is living the high life of booze and babes.. all while posting at 4am,  a time when the actual ballers are either dancing, fucking, gambling, or crashing.

Ah the long drawn out humiliation really is the most enjoyable to watch.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #22 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 27th, 2016 at 9:09am:
I kinda feel like, outside of the Psionic classes, we have all the classes we really need.  What else can they add that isn't really just a very minor adjustment on something we already have? 

Races and Iconics seem to be the better place to invest time and energy and can add some more diverse and unique character build options.

(My personal fav options:  Tiefling, Aasimar, Kalashtar, Dragonborn for races and Dwarf Battlerager for an Iconic)

I'd rather see investment there, unless they are thinking of allowing us to go evil on alignments.  Then Blackguards would be a nice class add....

You stop making sense right fucking now you logical thinkity  thinkerton.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #23 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 7:07am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jul 28th, 2016 at 1:38am:
Oh, the homosexuality...

I can't liiiiiiiiiive
If living is without yooooooooouu

God, you try so hard, you are literally irl laughable and a joke to me.

Thanks for brightening my day PrincessPissPot.

You be da bestamest evah.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #24 - Jul 28th, 2016 at 8:35am
Print Post  
Jew.

Any rpg should include the 4 core classes: fighter, mage, thief, and jew.

Tho they have to introduce a new skill: accounting(int)
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2016 at 8:37am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint