Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) 11 clr, 6 ftr, 3 pally or 14 clr 6 ftr? (Read 6502 times)
Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Re: 11 clr, 6 ftr, 3 pally or 14 clr 6 ftr?
Reply #25 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 12:52am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 7:31pm:
It MIGHT be worth taking 12 cleric to get that one extra spell so you can have Cometfall(which trips things), otherwise Heal and BB are all you will ever need.

What kind of melee are you looking to be? You may wish to consider the split I'm doing: 11 cleric, 6 ranger, 3 fighter, TWF melee character. The self heals are fun and the BB kiting is beautiful. You also have the option of doing not-worthless ranged damage when the situation calls for it. Personally I am enjoying the life so far.

Sounds like it could be fun as well. The reason I wanted to go THF was because of the fact that I have a lot of good two handers lying around. Almost no khopeshes though I do have some scimtars lying around. Do you pick the kensai or tempest t5? That 20 melee power in kensai seems nothing to sneeze at.

Also how tight are AP on that build? As in could I go elf and take the scimtar damage enhancements without missing too much? (besides a free weapon focus feat)
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2016 at 12:55am by Bushin »  

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #26 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 11:40am
Print Post  
what about something like 11 clr, 5 fighter, 4 ranger?  4 ranger gets you killer, 5 fighter gets you the kensai goodies, 11 clr gets you heal and the past life

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #27 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Bushin wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 12:52am:
Sounds like it could be fun as well. The reason I wanted to go THF was because of the fact that I have a lot of good two handers lying around. Almost no khopeshes though I do have some scimtars lying around. Do you pick the kensai or tempest t5? That 20 melee power in kensai seems nothing to sneeze at.

Also how tight are AP on that build? As in could I go elf and take the scimtar damage enhancements without missing too much? (besides a free weapon focus feat)

APs have been pretty tight so far, but I also think I am spending mine wrong. I'm doing TWF because I did have a lot of khopeshes.

The main reason for splashing ranger at all is the free TWF feats. I don't really think you need ranger if you are going THF. Not sure what you would take at that point Tongue maybe just 12 Cleric/8 Fighter? Get all the crazy fun fighter feats!

You can get 25 PRR out of Stalwart Defender for about 7 AP. I haven't been doing a lot with Kensei but I may re-spec into it. Right now I am really itching for the CC update so I can craft some halfway decent positive spellpower items.

painkiller wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 11:40am:
what about something like 11 clr, 5 fighter, 4 ranger?  4 ranger gets you killer, 5 fighter gets you the kensai goodies, 11 clr gets you heal and the past life

That may work too. All depends on your intended playstyle. Mine was a TWF build.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #28 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 2:21am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 11:47am:
APs have been pretty tight so far, but I also think I am spending mine wrong. I'm doing TWF because I did have a lot of khopeshes.

The main reason for splashing ranger at all is the free TWF feats. I don't really think you need ranger if you are going THF. Not sure what you would take at that point Tongue maybe just 12 Cleric/8 Fighter? Get all the crazy fun fighter feats!

You can get 25 PRR out of Stalwart Defender for about 7 AP. I haven't been doing a lot with Kensei but I may re-spec into it. Right now I am really itching for the CC update so I can craft some halfway decent positive spellpower items.

That may work too. All depends on your intended playstyle. Mine was a TWF build.

The way I have it in my head now I definitely want at least 11 cleric for heal (and due to my policy of actually having a majority of my levels for a PL be in the respective class).
* fighter would give me one more feat and access to greater weapon focus (1% more MP than regulair weapon focus).

The ranger route is out for me because I've decided on TWF (though it sounds like there's a decent build in there). 3 pally would give me divine grace (always usefull) and 1d8 light damage from KotC. I'd have to calculate the AP spread but i'm leaning towards that. If I am able to fit in t5 kensai, t2 KotC and the +health/strength vanguard stance boosts it would work pretty well (atleast on paper)

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #29 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Bushin wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 2:21am:
The way I have it in my head now I definitely want at least 11 cleric for heal (and due to my policy of actually having a majority of my levels for a PL be in the respective class).
* fighter would give me one more feat and access to greater weapon focus (1% more MP than regulair weapon focus).

The ranger route is out for me because I've decided on TWF (though it sounds like there's a decent build in there). 3 pally would give me divine grace (always usefull) and 1d8 light damage from KotC. I'd have to calculate the AP spread but i'm leaning towards that. If I am able to fit in t5 kensai, t2 KotC and the +health/strength vanguard stance boosts it would work pretty well (atleast on paper)

So 11 cleric, 5 fighter, 3 paladin?

Yeah, that sounds like a blast and a half. With full *THF* and lots of cleaves youll be doing good melee damage. Make sure you slot some positive spell power and a healing lore item, you shouldn't have any problems at all on that build.

Well, except for people expecting you to be the group-healer, but that doesn't happen as much these days Tongue

*EDIT: changed TWF to THF Tongue
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2016 at 11:10am by noamineo »  

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #30 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 1:59am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:17pm:

Yeah, that sounds like a blast and a half. With full TWF and lots of cleaves youll be doing good melee damage. Make sure you slot some positive spell power and a healing lore item, you shouldn't have any problems at all on that build.

Well, except for people expecting you to be the group-healer, but that doesn't happen as much these days Tongue

I hope the fighter and pally levels will make the message clear that i'm not. It's gonna be THF by the way).

I did the AP math and it actually checks out.
3 AP in human for damage boost and Hamp
35 AP in kensai for core 3 and all the t5's (iff the AP cost on the wiki is correct)
27 AP in StD for greater stalwart defense, swift defense and  reinfocred defense (might as well get some AC in there for 3 more AP)
6 AP in KotC for core 2
9 AP in warpriest for core 2, divine might and 10 PRR.

Seems like a good way to spend AP. I would prefer SD over StD if I had one more pally level but at this split i'd only be able to get t3 and the movement speed increase, AC and HP make t4 a very valuable consideration.

« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2016 at 2:01am by Bushin »  

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 9:10am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:17pm:

Yeah, that sounds like a blast and a half. With full TWF and lots of cleaves youll be doing good melee damage. Make sure you slot some positive spell power and a healing lore item, you shouldn't have any problems at all on that build.

No, you won't.  This is garbage.  Please review anything anyone else has ever said about building a melee cleric.  Hell, there is even a current mobo thread with better builds than this.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Bushin wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 1:59am:
I hope the fighter and pally levels will make the message clear that i'm not. It's gonna be THF by the way).

I did the AP math and it actually checks out.
3 AP in human for damage boost and Hamp
35 AP in kensai for core 3 and all the t5's (iff the AP cost on the wiki is correct)
27 AP in StD for greater stalwart defense, swift defense and  reinfocred defense (might as well get some AC in there for 3 more AP)
6 AP in KotC for core 2
9 AP in warpriest for core 2, divine might and 10 PRR.

Seems like a good way to spend AP. I would prefer SD over StD if I had one more pally level but at this split i'd only be able to get t3 and the movement speed increase, AC and HP make t4 a very valuable consideration.

If you really want to TWF with a cleric icon:
9 Cleric 6 Fighter 5 Ranger
Tier 5 in Tempest for Dance of Death
Core 3 in Kensai for +1 Crit multiplier
Rest in whatever

or...
11 Cleric 6 Fighter 3 Ranger
Tier 5 Kensai
Tier 3 Tempest for 10% off hand

If you want to THF with a Cleric icon:
12/11/10 Cleric 8/7/6 Fighter 3/2x
12 Cleric for BB and better heal, 8 Fighter for more melee damage.  3/2

Anything else and you are gimping your melee damage.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #33 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 11:06am
Print Post  

(Yes, I know you meant THF, that was a miss-type)

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #34 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 11:08am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 9:10am:
No, you won't.  This is garbage.  Please review anything anyone else has ever said about building a melee cleric.  Hell, there is even a current mobo thread with better builds than this.

I miss-typed when I put TWF, I was trying to put down THF.

And for you're information, my 11 cleric/6 ranger/3 fighter TWF cleric is currently tearing up large crowds of mobs like a fucking meat grinder.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #35 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Also:

Bushin wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 2:21am:
I've decided on TWF

Then:

Tongue Honest mistake. I knew what you meant at least. I've done a ton of THF lives and I love them.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 11:42am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 11:08am:
I miss-typed when I put TWF, I was trying to put down THF.

And for you're information, my 11 cleric/6 ranger/3 fighter TWF cleric is currently tearing up large crowds of mobs like a fucking meat grinder.

On normal, no doubt.

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #37 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:08am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 11:42am:
On normal, no doubt.

It sounds like a fun build to get a less than ideal past life. Not every life can be top DPS and with the defenses/self healing it should be more than plenty for 95% of the current content. Especially with the CC overhaul.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #38 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 11:42am:
On normal, no doubt.

What's normal? I only know how to EE!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint