Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 2 Rogue/18 FvS? (Read 3887 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

2 Rogue/18 FvS?
Aug 16th, 2016 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
I'm plotting out my final life, going to be FvS and iconic-based. I was thinking a Shadar Kai(because I haven't done one yet) with a rogue splash so I can trap some. Think 2 is enough, or more?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: 2 Rogue/18 FvS?
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
You might need a third, depending on base INT/tomes, but if you need more than that you need to re-think whatever skills you think you need

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
What makes it "final?"

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 7:10pm:
I'm plotting out my final life

Are the rules about to stop changing?

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Do you even 17/3 faggot?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:54pm:
What makes it "final?"

Lol sorry, "final life" before completionist. I guess it won't be final by any means, but it'll be my final "skipping through random classes" life.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:58pm:
You might need a third, depending on base INT/tomes, but if you need more than that you need to re-think whatever skills you think you need

I've got +7 tomes and plenty of in items, plus a good selection of trapping gear left over from my arti and rogue lives. Still might do 3 rogue levels. I'd really like to be more of a melee anyway but don't want to do too deep a splash.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #7 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 10:59am:
Lol sorry, "final life" before completionist. I guess it won't be final by any means, but it'll be my final "skipping through random classes" life.

That's different, then!

noamineo wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 1:54pm:
I'd really like to be more of a melee anyway but don't want to do too deep a splash.

In this case, and your focus is a heroic past life, why not use the PastLifeEnMo template, stop at 20, and save Shadar Kai for a rogue PL?

« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:02pm by OldCoaly »  

they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #8 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:02pm:
In this case, and your focus is a heroic past life, why not use the PastLifeEnMo template, stop at 20, and save Shadar Kai for a rogue PL?

Dunno about others, but 1 - 20 takes me ( or us ) like three times longer than 15 - 30 ?
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:09pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #9 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:08pm:
Dunno about others, but 1 - 20 takes me ( or us ) like three times longer than 15 - 30 ?

Even as a melee FvS?

IP Logged

Friendship
Korthos Resident

Love me! Please?

Reply #10 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
FvS is pretty weak at the moment. I've been working on figuring out my last FvS life. Caster is pretty meh until you get blade barrier, and FvS melee lags pretty badly. I figure I'll go with a deep splash elsewhere; fighter or barbarian or something. Warlock might work too, but I'd want something to hold up in epics. Maybe not soloing EEs, but something I don't want to be overly frustrated at.

And honestly, an iconic life that sucks is just too painful. Trying to play around in epics for millions of XP with a horrible build is so much more painful than a bad build in heroics. Any build can work heroics, whereas I find epics to be somewhat more limiting.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:02pm:

Mostly because I really don't much care for heroics. Plus I found out on my most recent TR that I have little, if any, heroic gear besides greensteels...

But yeah, I'd personally much rather play 15-30 than 1-20. I've done those PastLifeEnMo-style builds, they're all right, but I have more fun in later heroics/epics than I do early heroics. So unless I opt to spring for an ottos box this will have to be an iconic.

Friendship wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:51pm:
FvS is pretty weak at the moment. I've been working on figuring out my last FvS life. Caster is pretty meh until you get blade barrier, and FvS melee lags pretty badly. I figure I'll go with a deep splash elsewhere; fighter or barbarian or something. Warlock might work too, but I'd want something to hold up in epics. Maybe not soloing EEs, but something I don't want to be overly frustrated at.

And honestly, an iconic life that sucks is just too painful. Trying to play around in epics for millions of XP with a horrible build is so much more painful than a bad build in heroics. Any build can work heroics, whereas I find epics to be somewhat more limiting.

The only real problem with your logic is that I need the FvS life for completionist(I'm on Cleric now with just Druid and FvS to go). So not going FvS because they are "weak at the moment" doesn't really come across as an option.

And if iconics are painful for you then you must just suck at Epics in general. And 2/18 Rogue/FvS would do fine in EE content if you have good gear and know what you're doing. You won't be face-rolling solo but I only play with groups anyway. Life before last I was a gimped as shit shiradi failure(the shiradi build is rock solid, I just sucked at piloting it) and I STILL had little to no trouble going from 20-30. I just pugged and joined XP trains the whole way, and got plenty of kills for my trouble

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:08pm:

I'm with you on that. I dunno if "three times longer" is necessarily accurate, but "1/3rd less fun" would definitely describe it. Early heroics seem to crawl by, and the greensteel gap just makes me sad. Late heroics I enjoy, starting right around level 12 actually... which is why I love Iconics so much, start off at lvl 15 and the rest of heroics is all fun all the time.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #13 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 1:54pm:
gear left over

Basically, all of this is trash as soon as New CC comes live.

... Not that we'll be able to craft anything of value, due to the collectables chokehold. Still, there's a new standard, and none of our gear matches it.

noamineo wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 3:21pm:
I have little, if any, heroic gear besides greensteels...

This turns out to be the right choice.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 5:14pm:
This turns out to be the right choice.

Yeah I am realizing that. Fortunately I spent some time hoarding BtA base items.

Thing is, though, i think the new system is not nearly as strong at weapons or early-heroics.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #15 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 6:01pm:
BtA base items.

The new CC will create as many BTA base items as you like.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #16 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 4:48am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:26pm:
Even as a melee FvS?

a melee FvS?

melee FvS?

melee

FvS?

Nigrah puhleez.

IP Logged

Friendship
Korthos Resident

Love me! Please?

Reply #17 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 8:44am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 3:21pm:
The only real problem with your logic is that I need the FvS life for completionist(I'm on Cleric now with just Druid and FvS to go). So not going FvS because they are "weak at the moment" doesn't really come across as an option.

And if iconics are painful for you then you must just suck at Epics in general. And 2/18 Rogue/FvS would do fine in EE content if you have good gear and know what you're doing. You won't be face-rolling solo but I only play with groups anyway. Life before last I was a gimped as shit shiradi failure(the shiradi build is rock solid, I just sucked at piloting it) and I STILL had little to no trouble going from 20-30. I just pugged and joined XP trains the whole way, and got plenty of kills for my trouble

Reading comprehension can be tough, so please allow me to clarify for you:
a) FvS caster sucks until blade barrier
b) FvS melee lags far behind other melee

Since (a) indicates being sub-level 12 is slow at best, and (b) indicates FvS-based melee is terrible, I proposed doing a deep splash elsewhere, namely in barbarian or fighter. Fighter has gotten a drastic improvement so a splash of 6 or 8 helps significantly.

Maybe it's my server, but we're pretty light on PUGs. I post and get people, but I generally assume that I'm soloing until halfway through a quest when everyone else jumps in. I also am one of the better players in my parties, hence I want something that is on the stronger end since I end up carrying half the group anyway.

I find heroics so much faster than epics. You can get BB every quest you run, you get first-time bonus every time, and there's less monotony. Repeating VON3/WK/2TT/Spies/etc is just painfully monotonous.

Your mileage may vary of course, but presuming that I said to not do FvS because they're weak indicates poor reading comprehension. I merely said that going too heavy into FvS means going heavy in a class that's outdated, and better served to splash a class that gets more bang for the buck.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #18 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Even as a melee FvS?

Aye.  While you are fucked on bad caster build from 20 - 24 ish and crappy on good build and good gear, all you need for melee from 20 - 30 is Blitz and any named weapon.

I did various cleric and fvs past lives, thf, twf, even with the Citw staff on pure cleric lol.

Sometimes I pay attention to xp pots duration, usually 20 - 25 hours from 15 - 30.

1-20 twice that long or longer.

At the end of the day, the build you really enjoy is more effective. Subjectively.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 2:26pm:
At the end of the day, the build you really enjoy is more effective. Subjectively.

This ^

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #20 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 2:16pm
Print Post  

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint