Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 2-stat, 3rd insightful items? (Read 2832 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

2-stat, 3rd insightful items?
Aug 30th, 2016 at 12:37am
Print Post  
So the current rangen system and drop an item with 2 seperate stats on it(like +7 to strength and another +7 to Con). Then you could also have a third Insightful, so maybe its +7 strength, +7 Con, +3 Insightful strength.

What I am wondering is if anyone treied to craft such an animal during the brief periods of llamas?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: 2-stat, 3rd insightful items?
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 3:16am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 12:37am:
What I am wondering is if anyone treied to craft such an animal during the brief periods of llamas?

On Lama CC, these items allowed a stat in prefix and suffix slots, plus insightful in the extra slot:
Bracers* (Prefix: Str + Suffix: Con)
Necklace (Prefix: Con + Suffix: Cha)
Ring (Prefix: Cha or Con + Suffix: Dex)
Trinket (Any + Any)

*For some reason, bracers only allowed insightful Str in the extra slot, not Con. All other items allowed insightful versions of whatever stat that item was permitted.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 3:16am:
On Lama CC, these items allowed a stat in prefix and suffix slots, plus insightful in the extra slot:
Bracers* (Prefix: Str + Suffix: Con)
Necklace (Prefix: Con + Suffix: Cha)
Ring (Prefix: Cha or Con + Suffix: Dex)
Trinket (Any + Any)

*For some reason, bracers only allowed insightful Str in the extra slot, not Con. All other items allowed insightful versions of whatever stat that item was permitted.

The reason for it is that the new CC follows exactly the random loot options from the latest overhaul (in U29). Here is a link of possible "enchantments": http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_29_randomly_generated_loot

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 8:50am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 12:37am:
So the current rangen system and drop an item with 2 seperate stats on it(like +7 to strength and another +7 to Con). Then you could also have a third Insightful, so maybe its +7 strength, +7 Con, +3 Insightful strength.

Yes.  There were several examples linked on the mobo's.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Awesome. Will definitely ease up some slotting concerns. Will also create a shitload of new ones due to the incredibly restrictive nature of slotting, but at least I'll be able to fit con and dex on a ring(usually fairly open slots for me).

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:48am
Print Post  
LurkYouRongTime wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 8:15am:
The reason for it is that the new CC follows exactly the random loot options from the latest overhaul (in U29).

That's not a reason. It's a direct copy of something reasonless.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
I'm trying to figure out a gearing strategy at end game.  I think that really freaking sweet named loot with 3-4 effects you need + aug slots should be slotted first.  Then look at what effects you still need and look at the combo of LGS weapon crafting (for caster sticks with stats only), slavers crafting (which has some flex slots) and CC crafting (which is more rigid) and map out what goes where.  If you want a 2 - 5 piece LGS (accessories) set, map that last, since those can go in any unused slot.

You have to decide about the sets though.  If your caster wants the LGS 4 piece spell crits or 5 piece set you probably can't get the 5 piece slavers crafted set.  Well, you could, but you are giving up most insightful effects since they don't exist in either the LGS accessories or Slavers set.  It would be tough.  I suspect you have to accept the 3 piece slavers set bonus if you want the LGS set, or back down the LGS set.  Casters don't need a lot of effects, but they need more than you can squeeze into one or two slots. 

For melees/ranged, it is easier.  A) LGS 4/5 piece sets are not that great for melees  B) You need more effects than you can get with both sets active and are losing more power from the missing effects than the sets give and C) The set bonuses for melees in Slavers aren't OMG awesome. 

For a melee/ranged, I'm looking at 2 LGS, 3 Slavers Set, 2-4 named items (that prowress ring is still boss, for example) and 2-4 CC crafted items.  Weapons and armor will(ofc) be named/LGS/TF/ToEE crafted.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
The gearing strategy is going to be a bit of a nightmare at every level. What happens when you need a +STR item, but all you have available are Ring and Neclace slots? You go fuck yourself, that's what you do.

At end game it certainly gets a whole lot easier. Augments may not be as strong as what you can put on loot, but I'd take +8 to a stat over +nothing. At lower levels though it gets truly nightmarish.

For instance, right now I am having some "fun". After literally tens of thousands(realistically about 700, I am miss-using the term 'literally') of runs through Tavern Brawal, the loot gods saw fit to smile on me and I FINALLY got a pair of Barbett's Bracers.

The Captain Set is really great, +2 quality bonuses to all stats is huge, aaaaaaasuming you can somehow slot in the initial bonuses to those stats as well. I'm wearing the boots, bracers, necklace, trinket, and the good helix ring(you know which one), that only leaves me hands, ring, belt, cloak, head, and eyes to slot EVERYTHING else. All my base stat bonuses(need dex, strength, and con), spell point items, spell power items, green steels, its challenging to say the least. At this point I am actually wearing old-school CC crafted gear just to fill in the gaps. And god forbid I should decide I want ANOTHER named item!

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Set bonuses exist to Turbine you out of wearing gear you really should. Some do it better than others.

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:48am:
That's not a reason. It's a direct copy of something reasonless.

You can put it this way, I guess Smiley Or call it "explanation"... I was just pointing out you can't put Ins Con on bracers because that's how random loot was last designed and laziness prevails once again.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #10 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 4:26am
Print Post  
LurkYouRongTime wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 11:35pm:
You can put it this way, I guess  Or call it "explanation"... I was just pointing out you can't put Ins Con on bracers because that's how random loot was last designed and laziness prevails once again.

We're in agreement. Reasons are a rare collectable in DDO. Explanations are uncommon. Neither of them drop often enough to use for crafting confidence in the devs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint