Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) 8-30-2016 Lammaland release notes (Read 16317 times)
QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

8-30-2016 Lammaland release notes
Aug 30th, 2016 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Up...

Lamannia Update 32 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 32 on Lamannia, released on August 30th, 2016. These notes will change over time.

Special Note:

Against the Slave Lords
Our new classic adventure pack is ready for preview! Find the NPCs to acquire the quests in the Hall of Heroes.
  • NEW (Lamannia Only): Secret of the Slavers' Stockade now gives more XP.
  • NEW (Lamannia Only): The end fight of Assault on the Aerie of the Slave Lords has been polished significantly.
  • NEW (Lamannia Only): The overall quest arc has had rewards added, and all of the quests have been updated.

Cannith Crafting
  • NEW (Lamannia Only): Cannith Crafting now has a tutorial.
  • NEW (Lamannia Only): Marks of the Silver Flame and Marks of Yugoloth have been added as requirements for some non-scaling recipes.
  • NEW (Lamannia Only): Craftable rune arms are now able to be disjuncted and have Cannith Crafting shards applied to them.

Lamannia Character Copy - Players can now copy characters from the live servers to Lamannia through a drop-down menu option in the Lamannia game launcher.

News and Notes:

Classes
  • The Paladin Past Life feat now lists its correct Healing Amplification.

Enhancements
  • The elf enhancement's Fey Energy Tap now states incorporeality, not concealment.
  • Pale Master's SLAs have had their descriptions updated to include things like hit point cost, metamagic usage, and other things.
  • Pale Master's Cloak of Night now clarifies that it will reduce the amount of healing received from Positive Energy, or Negative Energy if you are undead.
  • Sorcerer's Water and Fire Savant no longer asks if you are a warforged twice.
  • Arcane Archer's Elemental Imbues no longer say they only do acid damage.
  • Paladin's Knight of the Chalice positive healing amplification now matches its actual effect.
  • Gnome and Deep Gnome SLAs now properly contain text about what the SLA actually does, instead of just telling you the spell's name.
  • Arcanotechnician's Arcane Mechanism no longer gives 100 times as much Spell Power as it was supposed to.
  • Repair Systems now works on players and the Artificer Iron Defender.
  • Merciful Shot now scales with Ranged Power.

Epic Destinies
  • Epic Destinies that grant Ranged Power now list the benefit in their Tier 0 tooltips.

Favor
  • Players will now earn their proper rewards above 5,000 favor.

Feats
  • All Single Weapon Fighting feat tooltips now properly attribute attack speed to a combat style bonus.
  • Stunning Fist now has its DC listed in its tooltip (10 + (Character Level/2) + Wisdom modifier).

Items
  • NEW: Light, medium, and heavy armor found in randomly-generated loot can now appear with many appearances that existed prior to their removal in Update 14. As a result, the number of visual possibilities on randomly-generated armor has greatly increased.
  • NEW: Collectibles have been added to the following Dungeons:
    The Devil's Details
    Multitude of Menace
    Palace of Stone
    Precious Cargo
    A Study in Sable
    Tavern Brawl
  • NEW: Hide armor once again appears in randomly-generated loot. Hide Armor is Medium armor, and identical to Scalemail, except it has a different look, is made of leather, and can be equipped by druid wolf pets.
  • NEW: Randomly-generated weapons now generate either martial or caster effects on a given item.
  • NEW: Scepters once again appear in randomly-generated loot.
  • NEW: Insightful Spell Power can now rarely appear on randomly-generated weapons.
  • NEW: Some scaling effects have had their benefits corrected:
    On-crit Intelligence and Charisma drain effects no longer drain Dexterity instead of their correct stat.
    On-crit Wisdom and Constitution drain effects no longer drain Strength instead of their correct stat.
    Force Spellpower now grants spell power to untyped and physical magical damage in addition to force damage.
  • NEW: Cannith Challenge gear has been updated to use new scaling effects that increase in power as the items are upgraded. These items no longer use Cannith Crafting.
  • Good, evil, chaos, and law damage effects now break DR.
  • Collectibles used in Cannith Crafting now stack to 500.
  • Fixed an issue where the Broken Music Box's Cacophonic Guard caused performance issues by applying hidden copies of the effect.
  • Fixed some items that were showing string table errors during certain display conditions.
  • Spell Focus Mastery now works correctly.

Monsters
  • Epic and harder Hezrous, Umber Hulks, and Slaad now have epic rocks, and enjoy throwing them at you.

Quests and Adventure Areas
  • The Hall of Heroes has had its music changed.
  • The Hall of Heroes has new rugs.
  • The exit loading screen in Don't Drink the Water has been fixed.
  • NEW: The guild airship Sellswords Tavern amenity no longer grants +40% movement speed in quests. The amenity's benefit still applies in public areas, as intended.

Races
  • Gnome SLA DCs now state that their DC is Character Level + Intelligence Modifier + Illusion DC bonus.

Spells
  • Divine Punishment now has its max caster level specified.
  • Further work to prevent lag caused by Freedom of Movement.

UI
  • The Help Window will no longer reappear when a character exits a portal space.
  • There is now a Quest panel tab for Hall of Heroes Classics, including Against the Slave Lords and Temple of Elemental Evil.
  • Various quests have had their tooltips in the Adventure Compendium fixed.
  • Various quests have ben moved from the "Misc." tab in the Quest Journal to their actual quest locations.
  • Quest from the Trials of the Archons adventure pack now appear under a new Quest Journal tab "Shavarath - Archons".
  • Quests from the Temple of Elemental Evil and Against the Slave Lords no appear under a new Hall of Heroes tab in the Quest Journal.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2016 at 6:42pm by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Re: 8-30-2016 Lammaland release notes
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
NEW: Hide armor once again appears in randomly-generated loot. Hide Armor is Medium armor, and identical to Scalemail, except it has a different look, is made of leather, and can be equipped by druid wolf pets.

About fucking time.  It was kind of ridiculous that druids had to wait until level 8 to get a suit of medium armor.

Quote:
NEW: Randomly-generated weapons now generate either martial or caster effects on a given item.

But, the random effects will still seem like all the ancient crafters were drunk when they made this shit.

Quote:
NEW: Cannith Challenge gear has been updated to use new scaling effects that increase in power as the items are upgraded. These items no longer use Cannith Crafting.

PleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGoodPleaseBe
GoodPleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGood.

Aw… who am I kidding?  It will probably do nothing to improve interest in the Cannith challenges.

Quote:
NEW: The guild airship Sellswords Tavern amenity no longer grants +40% movement speed in quests. The amenity's benefit still applies in public areas, as intended.

Today’s word of the day for the forum paladins is: Comeuppance.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
All those striding quivers have value again.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 6:48pm:
PleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGoodPleaseBe
GoodPleaseBeGoodPleaseBeGood.

Aw… who am I kidding?  It will probably do nothing to improve interest in the Cannith challenges.

I wonder if this will retro-actively fuck all of my challenge gear? I have the khopeshes tricked out with Holy shards, it would be interesting to say the least.

Side note: I better go make the cloak while I still can make it lower ML.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Fixed an issue where the Broken Music Box's Cacophonic Guard caused performance issues by applying hidden copies of the effect.

Just noticed that the Broken Music Box is clearly working as intended!

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Patch notes, AKA "Shit Lynnabel did for us."

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
An intern got bored for a couple hours = Best QoL update since they decided to stop fucking everyone over with Single Window Fighting.

Surest sign of micromanagement. The game improves x100 when the employees (or reasonable facsimiles thereof) are accidentally given decision power over what to do with their time.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Apparently the shit is too easy if people wanna bitch. The bloke who posted it solo'd CITW a while back.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478217-2nd-Chain-Run-Review-on-ELITE

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:02pm:
I wonder if this will retro-actively fuck all of my challenge gear? I have the khopeshes tricked out with Holy shards, it would be interesting to say the least.

It may also be an opportunity to make them better.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:48pm:
An intern got bored for a couple hours = Best QoL update since they decided to stop fucking everyone over with Single Window Fighting.

Surest sign of micromanagement. The game improves x100 when the employees (or reasonable facsimiles thereof) are accidentally given decision power over what to do with their time.

Micromanagement? What is this, the 90's? I was stuck on a programming problem and decided to procrastinate. I really enjoyed my time at Turbine, seriously. These people are dedicated and awesome at what they do, and I hope someday to return. I think this game is awesome, and I'm super fucking pumped about getting to help.

I really appreciate the torch waving over here, but I did basically nothing during my month on the dev team in comparison to the rock stars that sat near me.

Don't get me wrong, Turbine has had its share of horrible management issues... but please, if you take nothing else from this, please trust me that right now, the future of DDO has never looked better.

Also fucking fuck I regret bringing up the fucking striding 40% in quests bug, fuckkkkkkk

RIP 40% STRIDING, 2014-2016

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
They are selling collectibles in store. 5 for 245tp.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:45pm:

and this

Sailias wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 9:58pm:
please trust me that right now, the future of DDO has never looked better.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #12 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
Also fucking fuck I regret bringing up the fucking striding 40% in quests bug, fuckkkkkkk

I can forgive you for this.  Only because it’s fun watching the forum paladins acting like the people in this video:

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 12:09am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 10:45pm:

Are you surprised?

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 1:04am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 6:30pm:
NEW: Light, medium, and heavy armor found in randomly-generated loot can now appear with many appearances that existed prior to their removal in Update 14. As a result, the number of visual possibilities on randomly-generated armor has greatly increased.

A Summer Olympic and a US presidential election later

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #15 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 1:04am:
A Summer Olympic and a US presidential election later

No shit!  Grin

On the plus side, between this and the updates to Cannith Challenge Loot, it looks like NoWorries is trying to fix Feather of Sun’s lasting fuck ups.

While there is, currently, no functioning upgrade/fix recipes for Cannith Challenge loot, the new Tier 3 Epic Spare Hand looks like decent level 20 gear again.

Doublestrike +13%
UMD +5
Riposte +5 (The Insight bonus to saves and AC version)
Insightful Combat Mastery 5
Staggering Blow
DD/OL +19
Green Slot
Colorless Slot

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478215-Update-32-on-Lamannia-Preview-3...

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #16 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 3:26am
Print Post  
Micromanagement? What is this, the 90's? I was stuck on a programming problem and decided to procrastinate.

Does "procrastinate" hurt? I heard they did that to a lot of young boy singers in the middle age and renessaince Italy... (And to Justin Bieber.)
Blue stuff: you cannot be who you claim to be since you are openly promoting an exploit, and at WarnerBros, only they can exploit people, not the other way around.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2016 at 3:27am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #17 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 4:12am
Print Post  
Micromanagement? What is this, the 90's? I was stuck on a programming problem and decided to procrastinate.

Okay:

Revaulting wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 7:48pm:
An intern procrastinated for a couple hours = Best QoL update since they decided to stop fucking everyone over with Single Window Fighting.

You're a genuinely happy and optimistic person. I get it. Do you want to stay happy and optimistic, or do you want me to answer your post seriously?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #18 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 4:12am:
Okay:

You're a genuinely happy and optimistic person. I get it. Do you want to stay happy and optimistic, or do you want me to answer your post seriously?

Whoa, enuf your whitepriviligedmalespalining!

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #19 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:15am
Print Post  

Sounds awesome but about this...

How EXACTLY did this work?  My guild has the largest ship shards can buy, is level 146 and has all the available amenities and rooms added.

I have never ever even once noticed the 40% run speed from guild buffs applying in quests.

Whenever I removed quiver or speed item my runspeed goes to complete shit (aka normal run speed).

The Chronoscope run speed buff is absolutely noticeable in public areas as is the Phiarlan Pendant of Time over and above the Chrono buff.

Not that I really give shit but I think this is a hoax or requires something "tricky" like unplugging the net conn to work that I can't be bothered with.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #20 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:38am
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:15am:
The Chronoscope run speed buff is absolutely noticeable in public areas as is the Phiarlan Pendant of Time over and above the Chrono buff.

The Chronoscope buff only worked for 1:00 hour in quests (out of 4 total). Once it dropped below 3:00 hours, it would continue to work in public ONLY.
Personally, I'm glad it's gone because I felt like I was forced to rebuff every 1 hour.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #21 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:55am
Print Post  
Ah I see.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 7:38am:
The Chronoscope buff only worked for 1:00 hour in quests (out of 4 total). Once it dropped below 3:00 hours, it would continue to work in public ONLY.
Personally, I'm glad it's gone because I felt like I was forced to rebuff every 1 hour.

I used to think it made a big difference. However, I'm far too lazy to be enslaved to my ship buffs again now that they last for multiple hours. So, I never actually went back to the ship to rebuff every hour and the difference between having this bug working and not became barely noticeable. Even when I would go back to my ship every hour to sell and repair, I still wouldn't hit the amenity bar on the way by because that meant having to wait a bit for all the buffs to repopulate on me and also because things like Lay On Hands uses would be 1 lower than their maximum until I rested. I know that doesn't seem like much either, but it offends my peculiar obsessiveness. And since we've already established that I'm lazy, it should go without saying (even though I'm saying it) that I'm too lazy to stand around and wait for a "rest" to happen on the guild ship's main deck.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 8:30am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 6:30pm:
NEW: The guild airship Sellswords Tavern amenity no longer grants +40% movement speed in quests. The amenity's benefit still applies in public areas, as intended.

SHHHIIIIIIITTTTT

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #24 - Aug 31st, 2016 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 31st, 2016 at 4:12am:

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint