Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Fixing a huge mistake - how far to go? (Read 2857 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Fixing a huge mistake - how far to go?
Sep 9th, 2016 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
A while ago, while high on ambien, I used a +20 heart to turn a perfectly good bladeforged monk into a terrifying monstrosity of gimhood. I have no resolved to fix this issue, but am trying to decide exactly how much it's worth to me.

Right now the character is lvl 15, with 5 wizard/5 fighter/5 monk, and infinite levels of "what the hell was I thinking?"

So, I can either burn a +20 store-bought heart to turn him back into a pure monk

Or Burn one of the free +5s they gave us a while back and make him just 10 monk/5 wizard(ultimately 15 monk/5 wizard)

I am aware both of these are sub-optimal, but the wizard/monk split sounds like fun(Edlrich Knight for tensers, displacement, etc)

THoughts?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Re: Fixing a huge mistake - how far to go?
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 7:29pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
Power through it. It will be decent.

8 Wiz extended tensors/displacement + sp for reconstruct. < get this last for epics

6 Fighter kensai/stalwart < get this first

6 Monk Shadow Fade + imp earth stance < get this second

Was that what you were trying to do?
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2016 at 10:26pm by »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
So...

Noobfag fails @ DDO.  Uses an excuse(Ambien...FUCKINGLOL!), and is so made of clulessness and fail that he's asking random stragers on a message board how to un-fail; essentially only delaying the time at which he'll fail again.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Was that what you were trying to do?

Not a day goes by I don't ask myself that same question.

The original idea was do dual-wield bastard swords while being centered and using the EK permanent tensers.

The problem, of course, is that you can't get the top-tier kensi AND the perma tensers, so I was trying to do something stupid and poorly thought out(Kids: don't do drugs).

ATM the split is just completely un-playable. I seriously cannot make it work. I just meed tp decide if its worth burning a +20 heart to make it go away or just a +5 to get into something mildly interesting.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2016 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
P2W Swashy, BF max+levels int, stats per feats

Change one class over to fighter, then take two rogue at 14-15, then alignment change, then take 3 bard and final 1 fighter 1 bard or rogue

1 Fighter SWF Power Attack (str 13)
2 Fighter Cleave
3 Fighter Insightful Reflexes
4 Fighter Great Cleave
5 Fighter
6 Fighter ISWF Mithral Body
7 Fighter
8 Fighter IC: S
9 Fighter WF:S
10 Fighter WS:S
11 Fighter
12 Fighter GSWF SM
13 Fighter
14 Rogue
15 Rogue  GWF:S
16 Bard
17 Bard
18 Bard ISM
19 Fighter Tactics +2
20 Bard or Rogue
21 Overwhelming Critical
24 Tactics +4
26 PSWF
27 Epic DR or a feat for 140 mana
28 PTWF
29 Dire Charge
30 Scion of Arborea
30 Tactics +6`

Axe of Unseen Blow > LGS Vacuum handaxe

LD Twists: Sense Weakness, Primal Scream LSM, Lithe, Ephemeral Evolution

33 AP Kensai 1 Crit Multiplier, 20 MP, 1 crit range until you can sb
13 AP Swashbuckling (shield use while SWF, int to dmg)
13 AP STD Defensive Stance 20% HP, PRR, MRR
8 AP Harper (KTA, int to hit)
13 AP BF:Reconstruct 40 Repair Amp

The 17% double strike on celestial docent isn't available in light or cloth. Heartwood is also an excellent choice.
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2016 at 2:00pm by »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2016 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 9th, 2016 at 7:15pm:
A while ago, while high on ambien, I used a +20 heart to turn a perfectly good bladeforged monk into a terrifying monstrosity of gimhood. I have no resolved to fix this issue, but am trying to decide exactly how much it's worth to me.

Right now the character is lvl 15, with 5 wizard/5 fighter/5 monk, and infinite levels of "what the hell was I thinking?"

So, I can either burn a +20 store-bought heart to turn him back into a pure monk

Or Burn one of the free +5s they gave us a while back and make him just 10 monk/5 wizard(ultimately 15 monk/5 wizard)

I am aware both of these are sub-optimal, but the wizard/monk split sounds like fun(Edlrich Knight for tensers, displacement, etc)

THoughts?

I feel your pain.  I've had similar probs when I was using LRs to move a toon all the way over and got interrupted by real life. When I finally got back to it I was baffled.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 2:11am
Print Post  
Quote:
If you are going to +20 or something, do a p2w build you normally couldn't get close to. You can always do a bf monk/pali. Try this:

P2W Swashy, BF max+levels int, stats per feats

<snip>

The 17% double strike on celestial docent isn't available in light or cloth. Heartwood is also an excellent choice.

So the final split is 14 fighter/3 rogue/3 bard? Bladeforged that'd be fun, hmmm. Doing the split as 15 fighter might be a bit easier just because I'm not entirely sure how the +20 heart will handle things, but I do like the idea of doing a P2W build Tongue

Only down side is I wont get to use all of my monk gear from last life Tongue

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
The heart wants you to have only 3 classes at once. So you copy over the first 13 levels with fighter, so by level 13 you are 13 fighter 1 x 1 y.

Then change x and y to rogue.

This means you are always only a max of 3 classes.

PS: I made this build because of your 5-5-5 split and I don't know which levels are which so I didn't know what other options were available due to heart limitations.

Do you have these?

« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2016 at 2:05pm by »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do you have these?

I have neither of those and am unlikely to obtain them. I need a build thats workable from 15. I will play him to 20 and might get to 25 or so, though its not terribly likely.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 9th, 2016 at 7:15pm:

thanks for the lol

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 11th, 2016 at 6:46pm:
I have neither of those and am unlikely to obtain them. I need a build thats workable from 15. I will play him to 20 and might get to 25 or so, though its not terribly likely.

Then just keep your current build!

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #12 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Just play it as a centered kensei and you'll be fine. 6+ in fighter and 6+ in monk. Grab Master of Stances and Sting of the Ninja T5 in kensei and run in earth stance. Not having tenser's is not a big deal in heroics. You can scroll it later.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint