Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Monk past life priorities (Read 1716 times)
Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Monk past life priorities
Sep 13th, 2016 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
So before I stopped playing DDO back in 2013 my main was a Wis/Dex monk, I put 3 monk lives for the PLFs and build points.  With the monk pass coming and leveling being much easier than it was back then, I am thinking of putting some more past lives on, probably not more than 5 or 6 with the hopes that the monk pass will make 20 monk viable again.  Fighter and pally seem obvious and perhaps rogue.  Of the iconics it seems like Shadar-Kai is the only really compelling one.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Re: Monk past life priorities
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
+9 MRR DG and +9 PRR PDK arn't compelling?

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Sep 13th, 2016 at 1:31pm:
+9 MRR DG and +9 PRR PDK arn't compelling?

good point, I missed those....  that's 6 lives right there...  I do have other things that DDO to spend time on.... or are you suggesting those might be the best option?

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Epic past lives will provide way more benefit then heroic past lives if you want to look at it from a time vs benefit investment.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
I'd get the 3 PDK for the +9 PRR and the Divine EPL's for PRR knocked out first.  The MRR on the Warlock and the DG is also nice, but since you are capped at 50 right now on outfits and you can get that with a 38 sheltering item + an insightful sheltering item at cap easily, I'd not sweat those as much.  They are more helpful when leveling and you don't have a high sheltering item.

After that, the AC EPL's and the HP EPLs from Martial (with doublestrike as the active makes it extra nice) and Primal are worthwhile.  And probably the SK dodge PL's.  Of the class Heroic PL's, I like Pally, Monk, and Barb most, for a Monk.  Rogue, depending on build.  After that, it's kinda less important. 

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2016 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
I’ve been doing a pattern of: TR into an Iconic, do 2 ETR's, repeat.  The goal is to get Completionist/eCompletionist without exhausting the good slayer areas and maintaining first time difficulty bonuses.

If you’re just going for the PL’s that benefit melee’s, you could do something like this:

PDK lives for Fighter + Martial/Divine Destiny PL's.
Bladeforged for Paladin + Martial/Divine Destiny PL's.
Shadar Kai for Barbarian/Bard/Rogue/Ranger + Primal/Arcane* PL's.
Deep Gnome for Warlock** + Primal/Arcane* PL's.

* Really, all you’ll want is the Enchant weapon PL for the +3 to hit/damage and the flag for eCompletionist.
** I have a feeling something in the monk pass will allow monks to overcome some of the MRR issues.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint