Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic IPS throwing axes (Read 4755 times)
Forest
Ex Member

IPS throwing axes
Nov 8th, 2016 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
I did some testing on a 8brd/6rng/6rog last night and it looked like Improved precise shot was working with the axe.  It would be good to see it anyone can confirm that.

Also the crit multiplier seemed to be working about 25% of the time, but I didn't spend a lot of time on the crit issue I was more interested in testing to see if the 'phantom' axes bug was fixed.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2016 at 2:24pm by »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Re: IPS throwing axes
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2016 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
omg stfu plz juss fuken DIE you stooped feggit.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2016 at 9:55am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Nov 8th, 2016 at 3:56pm:
Offers a suicide pact.

Since it's your idea, you go first.  We'll all follow, promise.  Might take a number of years, but we will all eventually follow.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2016 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Nov 9th, 2016 at 9:55am:
Since it's your idea, you go first.  We'll all follow, promise.  Might take a number of years, but we will all eventually follow.

OK Mr. "clerics never die."

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Nov 10th, 2016 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Nov 9th, 2016 at 9:55am:
Hey everybody!  Can I be in the cool kids club?

IP Logged

gravegod
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 10th, 2016 at 12:27am
Print Post  
It looks like it working great to me, I even had whirling wrists, the bardsong echo, and a bunch of other speed boosters running and the axe rolled a hit everytime I threw.

Why didn't they announce that they fixed this one?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Nov 10th, 2016 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Quote:
It looks like it working great to me, I even had whirling wrists, the bardsong echo, and a bunch of other speed boosters running and the axe rolled a hit everytime I threw.

Why didn't they announce that they fixed this one?

It's Turbine.  They probably don't know they fixed it.

« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2016 at 10:34am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 10th, 2016 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
I'm fairly certain it's fixed now. I ran for a couple hours last with it, which was cool. But it really gets back to the shuriken being far superior delivery system after say 14 level, and in a class of it's own once you hit epics.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #8 - Nov 11th, 2016 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm fairly certain it's fixed now. I ran for a couple hours last with it, which was cool. But it really gets back to the shuriken being far superior delivery system after say 14 level, and in a class of it's own once you hit epics.

No seriously, just die.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #9 - Nov 11th, 2016 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 10th, 2016 at 10:34am:
It's Turbine.  They probably don't know they fixed it.

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 11th, 2016 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Glad to hear they finally got the throwing axes fixed,  that bug was pretty disappointing when Swashbuckler came out.  I do wonder if this means a Dwarf axe throwing bard is viable now, pretty good crit profile.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #11 - Nov 11th, 2016 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Nov 11th, 2016 at 5:39pm:
Glad to hear they finally got the throwing axes fixed,  that bug was pretty disappointing when Swashbuckler came out.  I do wonder if this means a Dwarf axe throwing bard is viable now, pretty good crit profile.

Now that shuri multipliers are fixed, and since a bard can get Shuriken Expertise, Throwing Axes just can't keep up with a bard chucking stars.

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 11th, 2016 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 11th, 2016 at 10:56pm:
Now that shuri multipliers are fixed, and since a bard can get Shuriken Expertise, Throwing Axes just can't keep up with a bard chucking stars.

Too bad. God's forbid they allow a little variety to grow into the game.  It would be interesting to see a broadening of that expertise to include other thrown weapons but I don't really know how Turbine feels about adding feats these days.

I appreciate the info.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #13 - Nov 12th, 2016 at 12:50am
Print Post  
Hag Master wrote on Nov 11th, 2016 at 11:12pm:
I appreciate the info.

Lies, you are congenitally incapable of appreciating anything other than cocks.

Hag Master wrote on Nov 11th, 2016 at 11:12pm:
God's forbid they allow a little variety to grow into the game.

Funny thing for a God forsaken faggot to say.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #14 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 11th, 2016 at 10:56pm:

Whats the difference? It was my understanding that shuriken has the crappiest base damage in the game. I realize for a monk they're great, but you can't multiclass Bard and Monk so what's the issue with throwing axes?

Just more poor coding by Turbine ruining  axes or something else I'm missing?

I have my main-alt perma-Dwarf  up for his Bard life... Throwing axes would be a hilarious time if it works.  Cheesy

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Nov 15th, 2016 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Nov 14th, 2016 at 11:02pm:
Whats the difference? It was my understanding that shuriken has the crappiest base damage in the game. I realize for a monk they're great, but you can't multiclass Bard and Monk so what's the issue with throwing axes?

Just more poor coding by Turbine ruining  axes or something else I'm missing?

I have my main-alt perma-Dwarf  up for his Bard life... Throwing axes would be a hilarious time if it works.  Cheesy

In spite of IPS being fixed for axes the shuriken still reigns supreme.

Shuriken throwers can use the shuriken expertise feat. This gives the shuriken thrower a chance to throw a additional shuriken every time he throws. The chance is a percentage based on your dex score. That expertise % is of a type that is independent of other sources. This means the bard has two separate doubleshot bonuses running.  Swashbuckling also increases the crit profile of the shuriken by +2/+1. This combined with all the doubleshot generated throws make it desirable.

Also you should consider this, the real damage of throwing weapons is the attribute bonuses that are added on to it and the weapon effects of the weapon, and the weapon delivered abilities of classes, enhancements, and epic destinies. What this means is that the number of attacks made by the weapon become paramount, and far outweigh the base damage.

That's why the shuriken is currently the superior platform for throwing bards and basically every other thrower build. Of course for Monk based throwers with the extra ninja doubleshot the difference becomes even bigger and for one of them to use anything other than a shuriken would be a nutty way to gimp themselves. 
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2016 at 2:33am by »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #16 - Nov 15th, 2016 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Quote:

Shuriken throwers can use the shuriken expertise feat. This gives the shuriken thrower a chance to throw a additional shuriken every time he throws. The chance is a percentage based on your dex score. That expertise % is of a type that is independent of other sources. This means the bard has two separate doubleshot bonuses running.  Swashbuckling also increases the crit profile of the shuriken by +2/+1. This combined with all the doubleshot generated throws make it desirable.

Also you should consider this, the real damage of throwing weapons is the attribute bonuses that are added on to it and the weapon effects of the weapon, and the weapon delivered abilities of classes, enhancements, and epic destinies. What this means is that the number of attacks made by the weapon become paramount, and far outweigh the base damage.

That's why the shuriken is currently the superior platform for throwing bards and basically every other thrower build. Of course for Monk based throwers with the extra ninja doubleshot the difference becomes even bigger and for one of them to use anything other than a shuriken would be a nutty way to gimp themselves. 

Can you work any harder to prove that you live with your head completely up your fucking ass, faggot?

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #17 - Nov 15th, 2016 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Thanks. Shuriken Expertise is what I was missing in this scenario.

I should know better too, since everyone knows the order of operations is Threat > Multiplier > Base Damage.

And gimp is how I roll my toons, so I'm all in for some throwing axe lulz.  Grin

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #18 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 6:41am
Print Post  
Quote:

I'm still trying to figure out when to stop using Snowstar. I crafted a level21 coldiron good/slash, but meh. TF, I guess.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #19 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on Nov 16th, 2016 at 6:41am:
I'm still trying to figure out when to stop using Snowstar. I crafted a level21 coldiron good/slash, but meh. TF, I guess.

Pulling your head out of your ass is the first step; your life will change for the better thereafter.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #20 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 12:05pm
Print Post  

If you win the Cormyrian Spellplauged lottery, there are some nice combinations on the level 20 and 24 shurikens that do just fine until T3 TF.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #21 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 16th, 2016 at 12:05pm:
If you win the Cormyrian Spellplauged lottery, there are some nice combinations on the level 20 and 24 shurikens that do just fine until T3 TF.

...or you could just go for a REAL build; either way.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Nov 16th, 2016 at 8:02pm
Print Post  

Don't rush, it's a fantastic weapon for a dedicated chucking build, especially if you invested in crit triggered enhancements or gear.

Digimonk wrote on Nov 16th, 2016 at 12:05pm:

This is so true, but you have to have a massive stock of rewards (dupe to win!) to keep rolling until you pull one. It's worth it, some of the combinations are amazing if incredibly rare.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #23 - Nov 17th, 2016 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Just die already, faggot.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint