Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) ROS still worth getting? (Read 26379 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

ROS still worth getting?
Dec 7th, 2016 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
I was surprised to find a few Rings of Spell Storing on the ASAH. Are they still worth buying? Or just one of those legacy items no one gives a shit about anymore?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: ROS still worth getting?
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
I dunno, do yo think you could get a shard and/or seal in the next century without cheating?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Dec 7th, 2016 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Dec 7th, 2016 at 11:48pm:
I dunno, do yo think you could get a shard and/or seal in the next century without cheating?

...I have to do it WITHOUT cheating?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 6:44am
Print Post  
That's the problem.  The Ross isn't good in standard form.   But the epic version is still great.  But absent any dupe or bag bug style transfer abilities, getting the seal and shard are still nearly impossible.  Most people just get a bauble and be done with it.

EDIT:  Also, depends on the price.  for 30-40 shards, for example, sure, it's probably worth having, just in case.  At hundreds of shards?  No thanks.
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2016 at 9:15am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Just

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 6:44am:
But absent any dupe or bag bug style transfer abilities, getting the seal and shard are still nearly impossible.

Why dupe the seal and shard for transfer when you can just do it with the essence and transfer. Much more efficient.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #6 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Cleridin wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:34am:
Why dupe the seal and shard for transfer when you can just do it with the essence and transfer. Much more efficient.

Fair point.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:56am
Print Post  
EDIT:  Also, depends on the price.  for 30-40 shards, for example, sure, it's probably worth having, just in case.  At hundreds of shards?  No thanks.

I paid 150 shards after I decided obsessing over how I spend my imaginary video game money wasn't worth a whole ton of energy.

Cleridin wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:34am:

Sadly this only works when you know someone willing to do the transfer to you Sad

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #8 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
That's the problem.  The Ross isn't good in standard form.   But the epic version is still great.  But absent any dupe or bag bug style transfer abilities, getting the seal and shard are still nearly impossible.  Most people just get a bauble and be done with it.

What in the hell are you smoking?

40 shards for something that drops from a level 13 named mob that isn't even that rare?...

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

noamineo wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:56am:
I paid 150 shards...

Hahaha.

Hell, I guess I know what to farm for some stupidly easy shards now.
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:41pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #9 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:56am:
I paid 150 shards

nolameos posts are 90% retarded BECAUSE he is also 90% retarded

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #10 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
I bought basic item from asah for 300 shards the evening I got my shard.
Don't tell anyone.

Sold Eidolon neck for 1.5k shards the day Haunted Halls went live.
Sometimes we just can't wait, can we ? Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2016 at 1:35pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #11 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
What in the hell are you smoking?

40 shards for something that drops from a level 13 named mob that isn't even that rare?...

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Hahaha.

Hell, I guess I know what to farm for some stupidly easy shards now.

I think the drop rate is a little lower than you suggest.  And 30-40 shards is nothing.  150 is a bit too steep, for my blood.  I'd agree with that.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #12 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 1:33pm:
I bought basic item from asah for 300 shards the evening I got my shard.
Don't tell anyone.

Sold Eidolon neck for 1.5k shards the day Haunted Halls went live.
Sometimes we just can't wait, can we ? Smiley

You can still make a killing on ToEE shrooms, and legendary slavers mats and collectibles used in crafting.  People will pay stupid high rates.  There is no reason to be buying shards with TP or not having enough shards.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 1:38pm:
You can still make a killing on ToEE shrooms, and legendary slavers mats and collectibles used in crafting.  People will pay stupid high rates.  There is no reason to be buying shards with TP or not having enough shards. 

You still have enough slaver mats to sell? It's taking forever to get enough for a a full set much less the add ons. Totally agree on the ToEE stuff still selling fast.

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #14 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 1:38pm:

Wait you can buy slavers mats? ... off to the AH! Tongue

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #15 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 1:36pm:
I think the drop rate is a little lower than you suggest.  And 30-40 shards is nothing.  150 is a bit too steep, for my blood.  I'd agree with that.

The drop rate for the shard is insanely bad.  The drop rate for the base item though isn't any worse than any of the other named items in the Sands wilderness area.  Should be able to get one in an hour or less by rolling temp iconic toons if you don't have incredibly bad luck on drops.

The base RoSS can be easily farmed if you care enough.  Roll up an iconic toon and pile on all the runspeed enhancements you can, run to the namer spawn point, see if the chest is there.  If not, recall, reset and try again.  Should take less than 5 minutes per run.

Assuming the runspeed suff below stacks, a 10 bard, 4 fighter, 1 barb PDK would likely be the best for this.  I think I recall that the runspeed bonus from Swift Defense seemed to be a bit wonky and required it to be toggled off and back on after zoning or something similar to get the movement boost.

Sustained = 75%
30% - Enhancement - Striding/Speed/etc.
10% - Base - 1 Barbarian
10% - ? - Fast Movement (tier 2 Swashbuckler)
10% - ? - Swift Defense (tier 4 Stalwart Defender)
15% - Action Boost - Expeditious Chant (tier 5 Warchanter)

Boosted = 120%
40% - Enchancement - Shadow Walk (level 5 Bard spell) - can sub Haste at 32% if the graphic stuff with Shadow Walk bothers you.
10% - Base - 1 Barbarain
50% - Action Boost - Sprint (tier 2 Warchanter or tier 2 Frenzied Berserker)
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:01pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #16 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 2:00pm:
You still have enough slaver mats to sell? It's taking forever to get enough for a a full set much less the add ons. Totally agree on the ToEE stuff still selling fast.

The long tool in the shed seems to be the set bonuses and the bound mats needed for that.  Getting 500 of the shattered symbols per character is a bit hefty.  Especially if you are doing the 5 piece using 3 pieces of named loot and 2 pieces of crafted loot.  In that situation, you need 1700 of each of the unbound, 500 of the symbols, 200 of the frayed leathers, and 200 of the staff splinters.  But, since you get the unbound in a much higher ratio, you tend to have excess while trying to get that 500 symbols.

If you are doing 3 or 4 pieces of crafted loot, then you don't end up with excess unbound mats and need a lot more of everything.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #17 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 3:57pm:
The drop rate for the shard is insanely bad.  The drop rate for the base item though isn't any worse than any of the other named items in the Sands wilderness area.

The base RoSS can be easily farmed if you care enough.  Roll up an iconic toon and pile on all the runspeed enhancements you can, run to the namer spawn point, see if the chest is there.  If not, recall, reset and try again.  Should take less than 5 minutes per run.

Assuming the runspeed suff below stacks, a 10 bard, 4 fighter, 1 barb PDK would likely be the best for this.  I think I recall that the runspeed bonus from Swift Defense seemed to be a bit wonky and required it to be toggled off and back on after zoning or something similar to get the movement boost.

Sustained = 75%
30% - Enhancement - Striding/Speed/etc.
10% - Base - 1 Barbarian
15% - Action Boost - Expeditious Chant (tier 5 Warchanter)

Boosted = 120%
40% - Enchancement - Shadow Walk (level 5 Bard spell) - can sub Haste at 32% if the graphic stuff with Shadow Walk bothers you.
10% - Base - 1 Barbarain
50% - Action Boost - Sprint (tier 2 Warchanter or tier 2 Frenzied Berserker)

If you want to roll up an iconic and run back and forth through the desert for a ring that most people don't want, go for it.  I think the market is limited.  I have 3-4 of them.   Which is more than enough for my caster characters. 

Let's say it takes you 20 minutes to pull an RoSS.  In that time, you could have run slavers part 1 or part 3 and have 30-40 mats.  Which, if you don't want to keep them, will easily go for 150 AS.  And sell in less than 1 hour, most likely.  And that's assuming inefficient full runs.  If you want to optimize, you can really kill it.
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:04pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
I should sell my slavers matts, is what you're clearly saying here Tongue

I'm certainly never going to use them!

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #19 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
I don't understand why they don't just make the mats unbound like the old Shroud mats.

It wasn't game breaking because you still needed the shards.

If someone wants to farm, let them.

If someone can't be bothered and wants to pay, let them.

They should have made the weapons/armour/whatever bound as the brake.

People would have grouped like crazy looking for ideal weapon combinations. I can't remember the last time I saw LFMs for farming mats.

Just my opinion, though.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #20 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 12:18am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:03pm:
If you want to roll up an iconic and run back and forth through the desert for a ring that most people don't want, go for it.  I think the market is limited.  I have 3-4 of them.   Which is more than enough for my caster characters. 

Let's say it takes you 20 minutes to pull an RoSS.  In that time, you could have run slavers part 1 or part 3 and have 30-40 mats.  Which, if you don't want to keep them, will easily go for 150 AS.  And sell in less than 1 hour, most likely.  And that's assuming inefficient full runs.  If you want to optimize, you can really kill it. 

This is true if you don't plan on ever needing more mats I guess.  Since the crafted slavers effects are just augs though, it will be a good while before I have enough to cover all the various effects I'd want for different builds and lives.

It's still stupid to pay 50 AS for something that can be easily farmed from a lvl 13 mob.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #21 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 12:41am
Print Post  
I always wind up leveling to Gianthold before I remember Sands exists.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 4:03pm:

Mookie is hard to understand at times.  It's like he is bipolar.  One day he's claiming that he'd rather pay 350 TP for crafting pots/boosts he could get in-game via a guaranteed hour of running the tutorial quest because "fun!" and "favor!" and the next day he's claiming that he'd rather run a no fun, no favor, no XP grind over and over again for an under 1% chance at what is essentially a mnemonic pot that he could buy a few stacks of with all that TP he buys as a Turbine whale.

The ROSS is great for what it is:  Excellent in heroics, and of limited use in epics.  It's got a slow timer so it's a bit of a pain to use, but mana is mana.  Casters using slas can make the mana from ROSS go a very long way.  It is boss on an Arti.

Let me help you out:

1) Drop ROSS you are carrying;
2) Loot new one;
3) Park new one in bank/on ASAH;
4) Buyback the ROSS you dropped;
5) Profit.

More steps than the typical profit meme, but then Mookie clearly needs more careful explanations if he's letting rares rot in chests just because they are exclusive.

No, let me be Frank.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #23 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Eross is amazingly great if you didn*t dupe cards for sp pots.
But the seal/shard drop rate is abysmall if you do it the fair way and totally not worth it as me  and a buddy did it for years aka offtimer sands raids with a full party of bots and we got every single seal shard multiple times but the stupid god..jakhfoashf ring stuff never dropped.

No idea how the accumulation of loot nowadays is but getting that stupid thing back then was one of my happiest moments in ddo /as well as a esos during its op times, gosh it was funny to brag with it as a monk to barbs in party.

Overall the items real use is for brag rights, trust me people will hate or doubt you for duping when you link it.
So, imho even getting it the fair way is worth it considering how good of a troll tool it is.
Regular ross has a average drop  rate 1 /100 runs id say considering we also spent months farming the base item with bots. But the regular rings worth isnt that high, imho not worth a single shard on shard ah
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2016 at 10:51am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #24 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Cleridin wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 2:31pm:
Wait you can buy slavers mats? ... off to the AH! Tongue

I've made thousands of shards doing this.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint