Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Humor me: Any viable cleric builds currently? (Read 18612 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Humor me: Any viable cleric builds currently?
Reply #25 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 13th, 2016 at 6:50pm:
  I can see you now, waiting for Divine Punishment to come off the 10 second cool-down in a group of 6-10 mobs.  Throwing no-meta Cometfall and watching everything save vs the knockdown, rolling through your 3 SLAs and watching them fail to kill stuff because your spell power is low and your crits worse.

BB. Hellball. Energy Burst. Pulse.

you need screen shots of feats, twists and spells? on hard? hard? we're talking bout hard?

git gud

And please remember, you don't get there until you get there, meaning you can't add the +7 evo DC from L Earthen Mantle, the +4 insight evo DC from Slave Master's Staff (needs all 3 run for a chance at the first drop), etc.  No L Pansophic Circlet, no Spinneret, Slaver's trinket, none of it.  Because you have to have the DCs in order to do the solo runs to get the items to make those DCs.

this is probably the second dumbest thing you ever posted. ever.
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2016 at 7:39pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 13th, 2016 at 7:37pm:

None of which are in any way linked to being a cleric.  And you still need to pay the mana to use them, and still you'll be watching the mobs save for half constantly, so good luck.

this is probably the second dumbest thing I ever posted. ever.

FTFY, and I'm being very generous by leaving the word 'second' in there.

If you can't understand the concept of not being able to pull loots from a chest when you can't beat the content, you're dumber than your DPS reports made you appear.  Go thrash some more kobolds with your superior game knowledge and tell us all which builds are the best some more.

Still waiting on the DC breakdown...
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2016 at 9:42pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 13th, 2016 at 9:39pm:
If you can't understand the concept of not being able to pull loots from a chest when you can't beat the content,

sounds like you have a problem with hard. maybe practice. idk what to tell you.

None of which are in any way linked to being a cleric

so what? are you okay?

tell us all which builds are the best some more.

I mean it's not going to come from someone who cant do hard, so....

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #28 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Since you've been civil recently I'll just point out that:
1) A first life character isn't going to have a CC skill high enough, or the rare mats/PEDs, to make much of anything;
2) Transferring BTA best in slot items isn't something a first life player has access to, and not even all players in general;
3) Clerics, and Divines in general, suck it up due to the lack of a class pass, which Monks enjoy;
4) Evasion is great, and Clerics tend to wear heavy armor.  Sure, you could build a cleric for evasion, but with 28 points where are the points for dex coming from?  Evasion is best when you actually make a reflex save.  You're not getting a 60+ DC w/o a decent Wiz, and you're eating a lot of HP loss of you pull from con for dex.

If all this boils down to is "I can move over all my BTA stuff and do it just the same on a 28 point char" then fuck, what is Rubbins even bragging about?  At that point it's just saying that the difference between 28 and 32 points isn't that much, given the gear inflation.  Which is true, but goes without saying.  Do the same w/o twinking the shit out of your 28 point character and making it essentially a carbon copy of your main just w/o a 32 point build and EPLs, then you and Rubbins can brag about how you crush LH content solo on a fresh character.  It ain't fresh if it's wearing a pile of old gear.

See?  This is why we can't have nice things.   We try and you go all stupid and herpa derp on us again.

1)  A first life character most definitely could have enough CC skill to get to 340 crafting by or shortly after level 30.  I used any banked essences (and then some) to hit 400 crafting on my main account.  I decided to level the alt's crafting to 340ish on my secondary account when I realized it was far cheaper to do that in the long run than it was to pay the additional cost in collectibles and PEDs to make unbound stuff for it.  That toon started with zero crafting skill, zero banked cannith essences.  It's a first lifer.  375 crafting in less than a month.  Just because it's beyond your capabilities doesn't mean other people can't manage it.

2) Oh, you mean the BTA items that any mouth-breather could get by tagging along on the myriad assortment of Slaver's LFMs that have been posted ad nauseam for the past 2 months.   Most people are just running it for the mats these days.  The named loot is given away freely and frequently.   Or were you referring to the named loots from the easy-assed U31 missions that can be completed by any half competent PUG group?  Yeah, no doubt a first lifer could never get any of that stuff....   Roll Eyes

3)  Yes, clerics and FvS have not had their enhancement pass yet but there's nothing preventing someone from splashing other classes that make it work.  6 monk, 6 fighter/ranger/rogue, and 8 of pretty much anything work just fine, even on a first lifer.  Better yet, go 12 cleric/fvs + 8 warlock and go full retard light/force spellpower.  So many ways to make it work and you try to argue the worst option...

4) DC casters are a bad idea for any first lifer.  DC casting is all or nothing and the game is balanced based on the DC potential of completionists.  Regarding evasion, it's not hard to build a dex+con evasion build as a first lifer.  I'm running an alt with that now and it works fine, even in LE.  Wisdom is a trap unless you're going DC casting and DC casting is a trap for a first lifer.

If you want to be intentionally obtuse just to make an argument, go ahead but it's stupid.  As a last and final point to make in this, when I first started DDO a few years ago, my very first toon/life was a Wis based pure monk.  I was a true first lifer and knew nothing about the game other than whatever this wisdom based monk build I found on the internet said.  Looking back on it today, it was a terrible choice for a newbie first lifer, but even it worked *okay*.   The game's just not that hard.
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2016 at 10:31pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #29 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 13th, 2016 at 10:46am:
hard hitting archers

Archers that hit you.

There's your problem.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #30 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 2:37am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Dec 13th, 2016 at 11:44pm:
Archers that hit you.

There's your problem.

He's got 99 problems and archers is only one.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #31 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 3:48am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 13th, 2016 at 10:04pm:
sounds like you have a problem with hard. maybe practice. idk what to tell you.

LO-O-O-O-L.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 13th, 2016 at 10:04pm:
I mean it's not going to come from someone who cant do hard, so....

It's not that I can't do hard.  I just don't think that most people can do LH on a 28 point, first life Cleric who isn't twinked out to the point where they already have the gear they are supposed to be looking for.

If you can't understand that, you have issues.

I also think that you can't do LH on a first life cleric that you don't twink out with gear you pulled with a character who isn't a first lifer without twinkage.  But feel free to prove me wrong.  Screen shots with completions and gear will be just fine, rub my face in it.

Still waiting on that DC breakdown...  Go on, you can do it.  It's so easy, 60+ w/o end game gear.  Break it down for me so it looks like a new 28 point character instead of a twink you piled all your resources onto, you can do it.
Digimonk wrote on Dec 13th, 2016 at 10:21pm:
See?  This is why we can't have nice things.
No, we can't have nice things because you're a fucking idiot who can't help himself but challenge his Daddy.  It's sweet how you call out in your insecurity to the imaginary "we" to try to prop yourself up.  Is [] giving you a handjob as I type?  Will he be gentle as he ass fucks you later?

1)  A first life character [...] banked essences
You fail.

2) Oh, you mean the BTA items that any mouth-breather could get by tagging along

Solo, you you fucking speak it?  Tagging along with who, exactly?  Solo has a meaning, you might want to look it up.  I'll even allow you a hireling, since that's not a different player.  And feel free to spend TP to buy piles of hirelings like you do as a Turbine whale, just as long as you can justify the TP cost against the favor you're supposed to be earning.  You see, I allow all kinds of aberrant behavior, because I love my little Mookie.

3)  Yes, clerics and FvS have not had their enhancement pass yet but there's nothing preventing someone from splashing other classes that make it work.  6 monk, 6 fighter/ranger/rogue, and 8 of pretty much anything work just fine, even on a first lifer.  Better yet, go 12 cleric/fvs + 8 warlock and go full retard light/force spellpower.  So many ways to make it work and you try to argue the worst option...
The scenario was first life Cleric and DCs.  Can you read?
4) DC casters are a bad idea for any first lifer.  DC casting is all or nothing
No, you can't read. The DCs in question, child, were not about insta-kills involving beating both spell pen and saves.  There were much simpler than that, only requiring beating DCs for full evo damage rather than half.  You can't understand this because you suck a lot, or because you have to look at anything your Daddy says and try to find fault even if it isn't even remotely related to the subject.  Just go to bed kid, you are a complete failure.
Oh, you doubt your Daddy?  Of course you do...  Allow me to read the kid a bedtime story:

Where is the all or nothing in any of that, child?
If you want to be intentionally obtuse ...

Ahahahahaha!!!!!  How so like my stalker to try to turn his own failures into mine.  This has been a constant theme with you, my little Mookie.  You are a child who cannot read English and understand the written word.  You are confused by the world about you and so you cling to the strong figures you see and try to make them into your Daddy.  When you can be civil again perhaps we can try again, but until then just go to bed and let the grownups talk while you gibber and piss yourself.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 14th, 2016 at 9:05am:
I just don't think that most people can do LH on a 28 point, first life Cleric who isn't twinked out to the point where they already have the gear they are supposed to be looking for.

are you expecting naked clerics?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 14th, 2016 at 9:39am:

I'm expecting "first life" to mean something other than "twinked the fuck out character because I've been playing for 5 years."

Is this hard to understand?  If you think that "first life" means "my twinked the fuck out character because I've been playing for 5 years character I rolled up today" then say so.  We need to at least be talking the same language if we hope to communicate.

If, on the other hand, you really think that a 28 point first life character can handle LH runs solo, hoping for the drops that will make them able to hang, then that's another thing you should say so.  I disagree, but hey if think you're a baller and can do it, prove it.  Clerics are one of the worst classes in the game, despite their access to a lot of sweet buffs.  2 skill points per level, a crappy skill list, and a host of other issues make them a marginal class at best.

But I'm all ears if you want to tell me how wrong I am.  Just include that 60+ DC breakdown in that summation on my errors, champ.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
You're pretty hung up on this first-life, 28pt, no-twink idea, aren't you Frank? Is now a good time to interject that the OP has been playing for more than the 5 years you keep harping, and probably has/can get all the twink gear he wants? You kinda made your own strawman, tied yourself to it, and set it on fire here.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #36 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Dec 13th, 2016 at 2:20am:
BTW, can you use the Burst while raging? probably not, but I guess you click the aura before raging anyways.

no you can't, I rolled up something similar to the 12 barb/6 cleric/2 fighter PDK the other day to try and it doesn't work during rage

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #37 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
No, we can't have nice things because you're a fucking idiot who can't help himself but challenge his Daddy.  It's sweet how you call out in your insecurity to the imaginary "we" to try to prop yourself up.  Is [] giving you a handjob as I type?  Will he be gentle as he ass fucks you later?

You're more obtuse than I thought.  "This is why we can't have nice things." is a meme.  Nice job making yourself look like a pedantic asshole while completely missing it.

I decided to level the alt's crafting to 340ish on my secondary account when I realized it was far cheaper to do that in the long run than it was to pay the additional cost in collectibles and PEDs to make unbound stuff for it.  That toon started with zero crafting skill, zero banked cannith essences.  It's a first lifer.  375 crafting in less than a month.  Just because it's beyond your capabilities doesn't mean other people can't manage it.

You fail.

Nice job doubling down on your stupid.  I apologize for confusing you by using long sentences.  I quoted the original statement and added some pretty colors to the important part to help you. 

Solo, you you fucking speak it?  Tagging along with who, exactly?  Solo has a meaning, you might want to look it up.  I'll even allow you a hireling, since that's not a different player.  More incorrect and creepy herpa derp stuff.

I'll make it simple.
1) Join some LE LFMs to get the giveaway gear.
2) Equip the giveaway gear and the stuff you crafted with that impossible 340 crafting skill
3) Go solo LH

The scenario was first life Cleric and DCs.  Can you read?

I can.  As shown above regarding crafting, you apparently cannot.

No, you can't read. The DCs in question, child, were not about insta-kills involving beating both spell pen and saves.  There were much simpler than that, only requiring beating DCs for full evo damage rather than half.  More creepy herpa derp stuff.
Where is the all or nothing in any of that, child?

All or nothing was a reference to how you build for DCs featwise, gearwise, statwise, especially on a first life toon.  You sacrifice a lot to get no-fail DCs on a first lifer, regardless of whether the DC determines zero, half or full effects.  Which is why I said Wisdom is a trap on a first lifer and DCs are a trap on a first lifer.

Ahahahahaha!!!!!  How so like my stalker to try to turn his own failures into mine.  More creepy herpa derp authority figure and child fantasies...

You are one creepy dude, I'll give you that.  I really hope you don't have any children for their sake and for the quality of the overall gene pool.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 14th, 2016 at 10:11am:
I'm expecting "first life" to mean something other than "twinked the fuck out character because I've been playing for 5 years."

roll toon. level on normal if you cant do  hard. get gear and hit cap. go do hard.

this isnt complicated. youre bitching about hard. hard? nigga, hard tho? rly? we talking bout hard?

also, kill yourself. please.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
60+ DC breakdown

idk. im restricted by not being allowed to use gear. I have to use korthos items.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 14th, 2016 at 9:39am:

You've had that dream too?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #41 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Still waiting on that DC breakdown...  Go on, you can do it.  It's so easy, 60+ w/o end game gear.  Break it down for me so it looks like a new 28 point character instead of a twink you piled all your resources onto, you can do it.

Hey Fran(k), 2013 kindly asked if you could try harder to keep up.

A Shadowfell-era, first-life, 28-point, DC-based pure cleric build designed for Hard difficulty:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422552-Necro-Cleric-for-new-players?p=...

~60 necro DC on a pre-level 30 cap, pre-U20+ gear toon?!?  Even worse, they mention that you might be able to get a 70 evo DC if you focused on that instead of necro... *gasp*  They must have been hacking, right?  It's amazing they weren't banned for posting such impossible BS on the motherboards.

Imagine what could be done these days if you splashed a few levels from other classes with DC-centric enhancements.  Add in level 29 and 30 feats, gear from the last few updates, new CC crafting, etc. and holy hell!  You might be able to even break 80 DC on a first lifer.  The horror of such a thing!  Crazy, right?
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2016 at 4:56pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Dec 15th, 2016 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 14th, 2016 at 3:16pm:
roll toon. level on normal if you cant do  hard. get gear and hit cap. go do hard.

Ok, I get it now.  "Solo on LH" to you doesn't mean "solo on LH."  Instead it means "Run casual and hope for drops, because you know you can't solo LH."

Why didn't you just say up front that you can't solo LH on a 28 point first life cleric?  Instead you said the exact opposite.  It's hard to carry on a conversation when what you claim isn't what you actually mean...

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #43 - Dec 15th, 2016 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 14th, 2016 at 4:50pm:
Hey Fran(k), 2013 kindly asked if you could try harder to keep up.

A Shadowfell-era, first-life, 28-point, DC-based pure cleric build designed for Hard difficulty:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422552-Necro-Cleric-for-new-players?p=...

~60 necro DC on a pre-level 30 cap, pre-U20+ gear toon?!?  Even worse, they mention that you might be able to get a 70 evo DC if you focused on that instead of necro... *gasp*  They must have been hacking, right?  It's amazing they weren't banned for posting such impossible BS on the motherboards.

Imagine what could be done these days if you splashed a few levels from other classes with DC-centric enhancements.  Add in level 29 and 30 feats, gear from the last few updates, new CC crafting, etc. and holy hell!  You might be able to even break 80 DC on a first lifer.  The horror of such a thing!  Crazy, right?

I'm doing an FvS life on one of my characters and just reached 20.   I'm sitting at 57 on the evo DC.  With level 20 gear.  The numbers you are suggesting are easly obtainable in 10 more levels with epic feats (Embolden, Epic SF, Scion, etc) plus gear and stat bumps that are coming. 

The difference between a 28 and 36 point build is probably 1 on the DC.  You won't start the stat with an 18, you will start with a 16.  The bigger deal on the missing build points will come in the area of survivablilty and uitlity.  (BTW, why are we starting at 28 instead of 32?  Are we assuming first character on the server and first lifer?  If this is a brand new player entirely that hasn't ever even gotten 1750 favor, they probably have bigger challenges in learning the game and they aren't doing min/max builds anyways)

Regardless, it's not that difficult to get respectable DC's on a character if you are focusing on it.  You just have to know what you are doing.  It's more about player knowledge than the character/gear options available to a character with no PL's.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Dec 15th, 2016 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 15th, 2016 at 10:16am:
Why didn't you just say up front that you can't solo LH on a 28 point first life cleric?

uninstall

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Dec 15th, 2016 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 15th, 2016 at 11:16am:
uninstall

The response of the weak.  Dodge, deflect, ignore.  Good job!
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2016 at 11:32am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Dec 15th, 2016 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 15th, 2016 at 11:31am:
The response of the weak.  Dodge, deflect, ignore.  Good job!

im sorry you find hard so difficult in this game.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #47 - Dec 15th, 2016 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
But I'm all ears if you want to tell me how wrong I am.  Just include that 60+ DC breakdown in that summation on my errors, champ.

uninstall, yes my padawan
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2016 at 12:58pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #48 - Dec 15th, 2016 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 15th, 2016 at 11:10am:
...(BTW, why are we starting at 28 instead of 32?  Are we assuming first character on the server and first lifer?  If this is a brand new player entirely that hasn't ever even gotten 1750 favor, they probably have bigger challenges in learning the game and they aren't doing min/max builds anyways)

We were using 28 point build because that was one of the (many) straws Frank grasped at in an effort to support his stupidly obtuse stance that a first lifer toon can't get workable DCs nor solo Hard difficulty content.

You, like the rest of us except Frank, understand that the average DDO player will have access to some, even if minimal, resources for a first life toon and will be on friendly enough terms with enough people/guildies to do some occasional grouping to get other gear even if the toon primarily solos.

All he has managed to do so far is prove that he really should be considering a lower difficulty.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #49 - Dec 15th, 2016 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 15th, 2016 at 10:16am:
Ok, I get it now.  "Solo on LH" to you doesn't mean "solo on LH."  Instead it means "Run casual and hope for drops, because you know you can't solo LH."

Why didn't you just say up front that you can't solo LH on a 28 point first life cleric?  Instead you said the exact opposite.  It's hard to carry on a conversation when what you claim isn't what you actually mean...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint