Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO Leaves Turbine/Wb! Starts new company! (Read 52321 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: DDO Leaves Turbine/Wb! Starts new company!
Reply #100 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 21st, 2016 at 7:49pm:
When will/have they started working on a true DDO2?

Never. They haven't even started and aren't going to, they know what side their bread is buttered on.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #101 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Dec 21st, 2016 at 9:01pm:
I feel like I have to defend a bit--there are easily 3 of the remaining DDO devs that are worthy.

Agreed. While I talk a lot of trash, there have been some very positive changes lately and the game is really fun right now.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #102 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 12:18am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 21st, 2016 at 9:30pm:
Herpa derp.  I missed the point yet again.  Herpa derp.

I got the conditional.  As usual, you completely missed the point though.  The point was, you're an idiot for making a "conditional" statement for something Turbine had definitively answered two days prior just to try and be one of the cool kids.

What next?  Are you going to speculate on some stuff from the MotU release?

As always, you're way behind the curve.   Please try harder to keep up.
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2016 at 12:21am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Fuck off Digi and Frank. Chone your accounts and start new ones with new names so you can avoid your pathetic bitch fight.

Barring that, put a bullet in your brain pan.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 7:23am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 12:18am:
When Turbine says something will happen, I believe it 100% and keep on sucking cocks!  I mean, whenever have they ever said something that wasn't completely true and accurate?

noamineo wrote on Dec 21st, 2016 at 11:54pm:
Point being: releasing code is a legal clusterfuck. You sound like an idiot when you say "they should just release the source code".

Even in the absence of any legal issues, isn't DDO based on the same code as AC?  If it is, releasing the source could be a really excellent way for them to open up DDO for more hacking and exploits.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #105 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 8:32am
Print Post  
You're apparently unable to understand this concept, so let me dumb it down even further:

Their are copyright and patent considerations that make releasing code a legal minefield.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Yeah, what I do is magic, and it's a legal minefield, too. Please continue to oooh and ahhhh over my magic minefield, it amuses me  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #106 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 10:14am
Print Post  
So, do we get to start calling the ex-turbine folks SS now?  "The SS banned me" "The SS purged by bank toon with exxxtreme prejudice "

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #107 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 7:23am:
Even in the absence of any legal issues, isn't DDO based on the same code as AC?  If it is, releasing the source could be a really excellent way for them to open up DDO for more hacking and exploits.

Flav was able to show us that their is definitely some overlap in code base, but its stretching to think releasing the code might lead to exploits. Its tin foil hat time to suggest that that'd be the reason turbine won't release the code.

Meursault wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 8:32am:
herp derp

Why is this concept so hard for you? Here, I'll dumb it down even further:

Lawsuits.

Any attempt to release the code means lawsuits for somebody.

While you may not like the current staff, AC actually had some pretty revolutionary capabilities. It is not "magic" to presume that some of those capabilities were either bought from or later sold to other companies. There is much more going on under the hood in a game engine.

But this conversation is like trying to explain code architecture to a dog. You've now devolved past making actual arguments and are just spouting gibberish about you're own imaginary world.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 11:15am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 11:03am:
Flav was able to show us that their is definitely some overlap in code base, but its stretching to think releasing the code might lead to exploits. Its tin foil hat time to suggest that that'd be the reason turbine won't release the code.

Why exactly do you think that releasing source code won't possibly lead to exploits?  Not releasing the code has certainly allowed plenty of exploits, so it can't be argued that releasing the code can't possibly change that for the better.  Once you know how exactly how something works it is far easier to break it, and that cannot be denied.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #109 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 11:15am:
Why exactly do you think that releasing source code won't possibly lead to exploits?  Not releasing the code has certainly allowed plenty of exploits, so it can't be argued that releasing the code can't possibly change that for the better.  Once you know how exactly how something works it is far easier to break it, and that cannot be denied.

You raise a valid point. I think all I really meant was that that wouldn't be the primary motivation(or even a consideration) against trying to release the code.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #110 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Herpa derp.  I've got nothing so I just copycat other peoples' insults.  Derp derp.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #111 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 12:30am:
Fuck off Digi and Frank. Chone your accounts and start new ones with new names so you can avoid your pathetic bitch fight.

Barring that, put a bullet in your brain pan.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.   I will own the consequences, hit to my Vault cred, or whatever else you want to call it.

With that said, I sincerely apologize for the annoyance I caused to everyone here who is not Frank.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #112 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 11:03am:
But this conversation is like trying to explain code architecture to a dog. You've now devolved past making actual arguments and are just spouting gibberish about you're own imaginary world.

Yes, it's like trying to explain architecture to a dog who happens to design industrial buildings for a living. But he's just a dog, and you know buildings because you live in one.

I like you, noamineo, but what the fuck is dissolving your brain, did you pop Molly and stare glassy eyed and slack jawed at the mobos until they started to make sense to you? You sound like a fanboi claiming that it must be impossible for Turbine to do whatever it is they aren't doing, and it's just too complex for us to understand. Do you have a picture of Holleyeyes pinned over your bed now, too?

Where are you getting this lawsuit crap, a Facebook news story? In Oracle V Google, the courts found that even releasing the whole header files wasn't infringing, and I said don't even go that far, just list the includes. Cisco V Arista couldn't make infringement stick and Arista copied their command line interface.

Unless Turbine sells the whole product, and you have yet to show me any indication that happened, they own their source and can release it, even if they licensed out their code. I can buy a book and the author can still sell it to somebody else, or make it available for free. They won't get sales after that if they make it free, but I can't sue them because I paid.

So show me some indication that there is a real cause for a lawsuit, or shut your uninformed fanboi blatherhole. Really, I can get Turbine apologist drivel from the mobos, I don't need to come here and hear it from you. They aren't refusing to do it because they can't, they're refusing to do it at worst because they don't give a shit about their customers, or at best because the code might lead to exploits in DDO. Lawsuits  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #113 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
I sincerely apologize for the annoyance I caused to everyone here

Huhlol, bitch, you are a complete moron failure...what a sad Faggot Cry

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 10:07pm:
Yes, it's like trying to explain architecture to a dog who happens to design industrial buildings for a living. But he's just a dog, and you know buildings because you live in one.

But wait!  Ben Carson ran for President, lost the nomination to Trump, declared himself incompetent to run a department of the government, and then accepted the appointment as Secretary of Housing and Urban Development under Trump.

I'd rather have a dog who lives in a building in that office.  Because dogs are cool, and Carson is a tool.
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2016 at 10:22pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
@i@ wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 10:16pm:
Huhlol, bitch, you are a complete moron failure...what a sad Faggot Cry

Alright [], you can speak at the table with the adults.

Mookie has apologized and although it's difficult to accept a troll who admits that he was trolling when he claims that he'll stop trolling, we should give the kid a chance.

There's always the chance that he was just trolling when he said he'd stop trolling...  Only time will tell.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #116 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 10:14am:
"The SS banned me"

don't we say that now?  that STUPID SHIT (SS) jerry banned me!

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #117 - Dec 22nd, 2016 at 11:37pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 10:07pm:
Yes, it's like trying to explain architecture to a dog who happens to design industrial buildings for a living.

You design industrial buildings for a living. Tell me: if someone buys a building design from you, and you agree as part of the arrangement not to show the designs to anyone, are you allowed to post them on the internet a few years later?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #118 - Dec 24th, 2016 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Flav was referring to my own statements that releasing the code is legally highly complicated, especially since it was shared between projects.

Yes, but not just the legal side, I was also refering to this :

isn't DDO based on the same code as AC?  If it is, releasing the source could be a really excellent way for them to open up DDO for more hacking and exploits.

The whole point is that releasing the source code opens a legal can of worms that Standing Stones is probably not ready to open.
( and just as side note on the legal can of worm, maybe WB wanted to keep the AC IP in house while killing the MMO so that they could make a mobile game out of it [ I Know it's far fetched ] )

But it also open the can of worms where people, by looking at the code from AC will be able to create tools/hacks for DDO and LoTRo, as there's ample proof basic underlying system is the same. ( DAT files, ... Open World [ Yes Yes, even DDO, you just need to look hard enough to notice it... the only real instances are when the /loc say cInside ], and so on. )
Now I don't expect it could lead to more exploits in the sense we all think here... but knowing the loot table of all the chests,, knowing the spawn rates of some mobs, and knowing the relevant stats of said mob might bring some interesting time to the game.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #119 - Dec 24th, 2016 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 24th, 2016 at 7:27am:
... Open World [ Yes Yes, even DDO, you just need to look hard enough to notice it...

You pique my curosity. Please, tell more.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #120 - Dec 24th, 2016 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2016 at 3:33pm:
You pique my curosity. Please, tell more.

In the history of the game there have been various ways to enter the sky plane unbounded to an instance. I never found an excellent exploit associated with 2 ways I had access, but I did get to explore the 2500ish squared open world that instances are hosted on.

It's like Minecraft looking in at various quests.

« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2016 at 11:29pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Dec 25th, 2016 at 12:36am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Dec 24th, 2016 at 11:28pm:
In the history of the game there have been various ways to enter the sky plane unbounded to an instance. I never found an excellent exploit associated with 2 ways I had access, but I did get to explore the 2500ish squared open world that instances are hosted on.

It's like Minecraft looking in at various quests.

It's like folding space.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #122 - Dec 25th, 2016 at 8:39am
Print Post  
According to my knowledge, there's still one or two spots where you can go beyond the invisible walls.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #123 - Dec 25th, 2016 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Interesting. The sploit I mentioned in a different topic about getting easy past lives, has been fixed in the latest patch.

Now I am confidant that some1 in the dev team actually intentionally seeps exploits in, and fixes them, whenever the soil becomes heated up beneath his/her feet.

This is not the first time that a sploit is mentioned without actual giveaway (aka no descriptions as to hwo it works was involved), yet somehow devs found it in a couple of weeks.

But this means that cheats are actually "smuggled" into the game, so there must be a group of people way ahead of the vaulties, who are also in close connection to a dev (or more devs).

Let this be my christmas comment, I am off for a while.
« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2016 at 9:37am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

SkankHunt42
Korthos Resident

Reply #124 - Dec 25th, 2016 at 11:10am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Dec 25th, 2016 at 9:36am:
Interesting. The sploit I mentioned in a different topic about getting easy past lives, has been fixed in the latest patch.

Now I am confidant that some1 in the dev team actually intentionally seeps exploits in, and fixes them, whenever the soil becomes heated up beneath his/her feet.

This is not the first time that a sploit is mentioned without actual giveaway (aka no descriptions as to hwo it works was involved), yet somehow devs found it in a couple of weeks.

But this means that cheats are actually "smuggled" into the game, so there must be a group of people way ahead of the vaulties, who are also in close connection to a dev (or more devs).

Let this be my christmas comment, I am off for a while.

Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint