Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) DEVS AND YOUR GODDAMNED U33.2 AGGRO FUCK UP (Read 16182 times)
LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: DEVS AND YOUR GODDAMNED U33.2 AGGRO FUCK UP
Reply #25 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Try cursed crypt at lvl.

No matter what you do you need to kite the tards silver flame while try to hit the vamps.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #26 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 1:26pm:
I don't know how the heck do you level but basically the whole game and especially levelling has become much more boring for me due to invis/alert/aggro mechanics change.

It doesn't affect ocd tards that MUST break every breakable or would wait in stupid bloody crypt or coal  to get conquest but for people that liked to Invis and zerg whenever possible it's fucking stupid change.

Whoah, killing 876550 trivial trash mobs in heroics or fucking EN spies when you have 10 mins to play after work instead of invising the shit is such fun.

Invis running should still work, as long as you are moving silently.  If you think your heavy armor build with 0 points in Move Silently can run at full speed through a dungeon and not attract any attention just because they are invisible, then I think you have been taking advantage of broken AI mechanics.

Like I said,  I think some shit needed fixed, but I think they created some unintended consequences that need to be corrected.  The change wasn't on Lama, afaik, and it seems like testing was limited.  They can do a better job of testing, imo.  They have lama and a PC.  But, just like your seatbelt, they can't save you from problems if you don't actually bother to use them. 

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 2:37pm:
Invis running should still work, as long as you are moving silently.  If you think your heavy armor build with 0 points in Move Silently can run at full speed through a dungeon and not attract any attention just because they are invisible, then I think you have been taking advantage of broken AI mechanics.

Like I said,  I think some shit needed fixed, but I think they created some unintended consequences that need to be corrected.  The change wasn't on Lama, afaik, and it seems like testing was limited.  They can do a better job of testing, imo.  They have lama and a PC.  But, just like your seatbelt, they can't save you from problems if you don't actually bother to use them. 

That's called invis sneaking.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #28 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
LagMonsterrrrrr wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 2:02pm:
Try cursed crypt at lvl.

No matter what you do you need to kite the tards silver flame while try to hit the vamps.

Really?

I didn't and I've run that quest twice at level since the change.

Maybe you're just not used to invis body pulling?

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 3:04pm:
Really?

I didn't and I've run that quest twice at level since the change.

Maybe you're just not used to invis body pulling?

I was talking about Elite retarded, not casual.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #30 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
LagMonsterrrrrr wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 5:06pm:
I was talking about Elite retarded, not casual.

What would be the point in running Cursed Crypt on anything other than Elite exactly?

And I've made no bones over the years about the fact that I consider running anything less than Elite in Heroic to be a complete waste of my time!

The last time I ran anything on Casual?
Well that would probably be Dreaming Dark back when cap was 25 and I just wanted to farm a Pale Lav.

Instead of making baseless personal attacks you should perhaps learn how to body pull!
It can still be done - Even I've done it, not just once either but twice since the update! {Well actually 4 times as you have to do it twice per run}.

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Looks like you found a group to pike it.

Good for you moron.

Now you just need to learn how to solo stuff with your borelock right retard?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #32 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 3:04pm:
That's called invis sneaking.

OK, fair enough.  If you want to do invis running on a toon that is wearing medium or heavy armor with no investment in any skills or ED's or anything besides a basic invis spell, then you've been taking advantage of borked AI.  It was fun while it lasted.  Same as any other non-WAI feature.  Just because it has been so borked for so long that you forgot it was borked doesn't mean it isn't borked and you suddenly get to claim entitlement over it.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Dec 27th, 2016 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 8:04pm:
OK, fair enough.  If you want to do invis running on a toon that is wearing medium or heavy armor with no investment in any skills or ED's or anything besides a basic invis spell, then you've been taking advantage of borked AI.  It was fun while it lasted.  Same as any other non-WAI feature.  Just because it has been so borked for so long that you forgot it was borked doesn't mean it isn't borked and you suddenly get to claim entitlement over it. 

What are you trying to say? Move silently was applicable to invis when not sneaking? Now you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #34 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Honestly,  between monday night ( TS heroic Elite) and yesterday ( TS LE, Shroud LH, Hound LE )
I didn't notice much a difference... the AI is still fucked up in some case and the mob still aggro the rogue at the back that's not even attacking them, going through all the rest of the party to get at said rogue.

Even the little bit of ToEE that I did to waste some time the aggro wasn't hard... see a group, kill the group, go to next group, rinse and repeat.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 12:46am
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 10:59pm:
Now you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Well she has a lot of room.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #36 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 8:57am
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 10:59pm:
What are you trying to say? Move silently was applicable to invis when not sneaking? Now you are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

OK.  Let's try it this way:

There were things that were broken about AI and aggro.  You should not be able to range attack and kill a mob that is standing right next to other mobs without the other mobs activating/aggroing, for example.  Some things were working as intended.  You could use bluff on an idle mob that didn't have any aggro and they would aggro on you without sharing that aggro with any other mobs in their group, for example.

SSG implemented some changes to repair the broken AI (ranged attacks not aggroing other mobs).  The AI was broken to the player's advantage.  But they screwed up a bunch of stuff in making the changes, and as a result, now some other things are not working correctly (like the bluff I described above).  And the newly broken stuff is to the player's disadvantage. 

Now lots of players are frustrated.  Some are frustrated because SSG introduced errors and didn't do enough testing/QA.  These people understand what is non-WAI now and are trying to get SSG to address it. Some are frustrated because they want their easy buttons back and can't handle playing the game if it isn't spoon fed to them.  These people are generally trying to demand a roll back. 

Invis running fits in the easy button/crybaby category. 

EDIT:  Oh.  There is a 3rd group of players out there.  The people who are so clueless they don't know that anything is broken or don't want to admit it.  Example:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/482001-quot-New-quot-Aggro-Mechanic-Is...

Quote:
For those who remember, the "new" aggro mechanic is more like a return to the system we had before MOTU or so. It is, IMHO, a welcome change from the easymode AI (or lack thereof) we got used to over the past few years, because the devs were too busy to work on it. Hopefully, the new system serves to once again encourage grouping and discourage mindless W+M1 gameplay.

It's clearly a work in progress still with quite a few kinks to work out. From what I've seen/heard, these kinks are seen primarily in the newer quests built with the 'dumb AI' in mind - so hopefully it's the quests that are fixed rather than the system. I, for one, would be happy if we don't see any more of "large mob dump every 5 meters" type quests seen in the last few updates.

Ugh.  Overpraising the changes while downplaying the errors and lack of testing is not helpful.
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2016 at 9:13am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 8:04pm:

What about with no armor, and a hundred points in move silenty?

IP Logged

DDONoob
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 12:45am:
Honestly,  between monday night ( TS heroic Elite) and yesterday ( TS LE, Shroud LH, Hound LE )
I didn't notice much a difference... the AI is still fucked up in some case and the mob still aggro the rogue at the back that's not even attacking them, going through all the rest of the party to get at said rogue.

Even the little bit of ToEE that I did to waste some time the aggro wasn't hard... see a group, kill the group, go to next group, rinse and repeat.

Ack, you joined too late Flav. TS heroic elite in a 4-man group was lots of fun Smiley

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #39 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 10:25am:
What about with no armor, and a hundred points in move silenty?

Then, if you are in sneak mode, it should work fine.  If you are running full speed carrying your typical 3-4k lb of gear, then fuck.  They aren't deaf are they?

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 10:42am:
Then, if you are in sneak mode, it should work fine.  If you are running full speed carrying your typical 3-4k lb of gear, then fuck.  They aren't deaf are they?

So now you're flip flopping after saying MS was used for invis running. Thats what we're getting at, not the rehashed diatribe you tried answering me with earlier which had nothing to do with invis.  Bury much DDOtalk71 pally?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #41 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 11:24am
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 10:48am:
So now you're flip flopping after saying MS was used for invis running. Thats what we're getting at, not the rehashed diatribe you tried answering me with earlier which had nothing to do with invis.  Bury much DDOtalk71 pally?

Meh.  You are splitting hairs.  I think you know what I was talking about.

It's this kind of "ooh ooh.  someone worded something poorly in a way that I can make a huge issue out of, even though it is minor and not relevant to the overall issue" mentality that makes internet forums like this one so tedious sometimes.  But you got me.  I was unclear about my thoughts on the difference between invis running and the use of MS/sneak.  Great job, Sherlock.  Troll on. 

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #42 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 11:33am
Print Post  
DDONoob wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 10:28am:
Ack, you joined too late Flav. TS heroic elite in a 4-man group was lots of fun Smiley

shhh, I didn't want to mention that by the time I joined you had shortmanned most of it with 4/5 persons. I wanted to let them have dreams of a full party.  Grin

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 10:42am:

It should indeed, but it's not woking fine at all. Why do the load matters? I have tons of strength. My epic characters have 4-8 times the strength of the strongest man on real world. It's not a problem for them to walk with 4k lb of gear and make no noise. They aren't deaf, but they are not supposed to know where I am. Also, there is a difference between "hm I think I heard a sound" and "there's an enemy here". Specially if you are a guard sitting on your tedious job the whole month and nothing happened.
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2016 at 2:37pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #44 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 2:26pm:
It should indeed, but it's not woking fine at all. Why do the load matters? I have tons of strength. My epic characters have 4-8 times the strength of the strongest man on real world. It's not a problem for them to walk with 4k lb of gear and make no noise. They aren't deaf, but they are not supposed to know where I am. Also, there is a difference between "hm I think I heard a sound" and "there's an enemy here". Specially if you are a guard sitting on your tedious job the whole month and nothing happened.

I'm not going to play these stupid "what if" games.  Does your armor squeak?  Maybe I oiled it!  And on and on.  Trying to apply physics or logic in a game rooted in magic and imagination is inherently flawed.  Everyone picks when they stop suspending disbelief at a different place.  There is no single foundation, so it is all arbitrary. 

Or we can argue about game mechanics and trade offs.  There needs to be a value to hide and MS and sneaking.  If every idiot with a 23 UMD or invis clickie (which is pretty much everyone, btw) can just use that and have 90% of the value, then a whole aspect of several classes and two skills are pointless.  Which makes the game homogeneous and and smaller.  It's the same problem with excessively accessible self healing and excessively accessible CC for the cost of 1 twist or 1 epic feat. 

But, none of that is going to matter if you want your easy button so you can invis run the quest in 3 min instead of 4 min.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 5:25pm:
I'm not going to play these stupid "what if" games.  Does your armor squeak?  Maybe I oiled it!  And on and on.  Trying to apply physics or logic in a game rooted in magic and imagination is inherently flawed.

No it isnt, even implying it is retarded.

Quote:
Everyone picks when they stop suspending disbelief at a different place.  There is no single foundation, so it is all arbitrary.

Its generally accepted than its better when a game makes it easier to suspend your disbelief.

Quote:
Or we can argue about game mechanics and trade offs.

A whole generation ruined by gaming.

Quote:
There needs to be a value to hide and MS and sneaking.  If every idiot with a 23 UMD or invis clickie (which is pretty much everyone, btw) can just use that and have 90% of the value, then a whole aspect of several classes and two skills are pointless.

Not really, no. Its just a skill, and as it is its far more useful than haggle or diplomacy. the classes get a lot more than that, like other classes do.

Quote:
Which makes the game homogeneous and and smaller.

Fucking shit even means?

Quote:
It's the same problem with excessively accessible self healing and excessively accessible CC for the cost of 1 twist or 1 epic feat.

Theres a big problem with healing in this game, healing should be made a lot harder. They should be touch spells, potions should take a while to be used and limited in stock. As it is devs have to turn up the damage to 11, as theres such a thing as outhealing damage, which is a fucking moronic concept outside of really powerful magic.
Im fine with CC tho, in fact it should be more used by enemies and required by players to tackle content.

Quote:
But, none of that is going to matter if you want your easy button so you can invis run the quest in 3 min instead of 4 min. 

I dont see a problem with using magic to solve quests easier, in fact there should be more utility spells while their overall potential for destruction should be reduced, mages should change the tide of battle, not do dps, thats beneath them.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #46 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
I say leave the aggro, but add a Silence spell.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/silence.htm

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 5:25pm:
I'm not going to play these stupid "what if" games.

Bitch, you are the one who started to use real world logic to justify your cock sucking. Don't pull it back now that your idea backfired.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #48 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 8:16am
Print Post  
LagMonsterrrrrr wrote on Dec 27th, 2016 at 7:19pm:
Looks like you found a group to pike it.

Good for you moron.

Now you just need to learn how to solo stuff with your borelock right retard?

Yet more personal attacks to cover for your own ineptness I see.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 11:42am
Print Post  
At least i can do EE's w/o help.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint