Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) I may be over it. (Read 13955 times)
Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: I may be over it.
Reply #25 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 5:27pm:
I was in a group with her recently. 

Sure you were Ash lol.  You don't even know the name any of my toons, even though you certainly have tried to find out.  Grin

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #26 - Dec 28th, 2016 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 5:49pm:
Sure you were Ash lol.  You don't even know the name any of my toons, even though you certainly have tried to find out.  Grin

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #27 - Dec 29th, 2016 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 5:43pm:
Is treating eachother as females a thing in this forum?

Only when we both have to pee.  Can't go to the potty alone!

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #28 - Dec 30th, 2016 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Dec 28th, 2016 at 5:43pm:
Is treating eachother as females a thing in this forum?

80% of ddo player are girls its practically a dress up simulator with optional experience points at this point

it allows fat girls to look like hourglasses AND talk about it in large groups of people- something they would otherwise never be able to do.

theyre really girls.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Dec 30th, 2016 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Dec 30th, 2016 at 2:05pm:
80% of ddo player are girls its practically a dress up simulator with optional experience points at this point

it allows fat girls to look like hourglasses AND talk about it in large groups of people- something they would otherwise never be able to do.

theyre really girls.

So a bunch of landwhales playing intead of taking care of their sons and daughters?

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #30 - Dec 30th, 2016 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Dec 30th, 2016 at 3:27pm:
So a bunch of landwhales playing intead of taking care of their sons and daughters?

instead of working- they never intended to take care of the kids. thats what school and tv are for

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Dec 30th, 2016 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Dec 30th, 2016 at 3:51pm:
instead of working- they never intended to take care of the kids. thats what school and tv are for

Today i grouped with guild team, there was a girl named lisa, she even sounded fat and old, so ill believe you.
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2016 at 4:02pm by Lhynn »  

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Dec 30th, 2016 at 11:15pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 1:14pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Megatron!

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #35 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Sexy

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #36 - Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
I was still happy with the quests, just pissed at the fucking bugs topped with the lag.  A few items I was working toward I found out was broken because an effect was still fucking with boss aggro. 

I also wasn't happy when I found out pots broke my cleric's spell power, I was a haste pot addict and every time I drank one, if I didn't reset my gear, I lost healing power.  Found out when I was running Inferno for the 'ith time.  I was wondering why my TR in cleric wasn't very effective when I had all best twink and greensteal for the level and class and she barely touched the stuff in Necro.  After someone said something about pots and bug, I tested and sure enough, that is why I wasn't just steamrolling that area like I should have been able.  This is around when they changed things over to spell power and tried to fix the pots that gave spell power and in typical Tard-bine fasion, they fucked things up all over. 

I went over to my rogue at that point and found out improved deception was grabbing aggro of bosses, got the conjoined abashie (can't remember that raid.)  I wanted that ring from the houses(can't remember that house,) but if I wore that ring, I'd still have to take it off in raids and it just wasn't worth working toward or any rogue item that had that effect because I'd still have to carry a separate set of gear for raids and I just didn't want to do that.

So, I went over to my wiz, didn't have to drink pots since I had haste, and occasionally raided with my cleric but got fed up dealing with the counter when using light and heal spells to get the nuke from reaching 10.  Not sure if it ever got fixed but if you waited too long before casting a light spell, the counter wouldn't go up and if you had less than 5, you couldn't flush it and had to wait for that thing to go down and I just got sick of it.

I quit.  I'm not interested in dealing with that level of fuck-upitry anymore.  I did have an itch to check things out last year some time, then I read about the bugs and came to my senses.
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2016 at 6:31pm by Fuck Off »  

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jan 1st, 2017 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Still feeling burned out, stopped thinking about builds and gear in my free time. I also tried out a couple other F2P games, and can I just say that compared to them DDO's holiday giveaways and event were absolute shit? Some other games were running really engaging events for xmas weekend and every day last week and giving away amazing in game and purchasable stuff along with the equivalent of VIP time.
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2017 at 2:34pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #38 - Jan 1st, 2017 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Dec 23rd, 2016 at 8:44pm:
Logged on tonight bought a block of points and tweaked a couple toons for the new patch, finished off my slavers set, did a couple raids... and blaaaah. 

Found myself bored and dissatisfied with the prospects barely interested enough to finish the raid. 

My question to others who left game; is this how the end started for you?

Sounds a lot like my last couple months. Took me a while to realize I was logging in out of a weird sense of obligation.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #39 - Jan 1st, 2017 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Dec 30th, 2016 at 11:15pm:

Gamer chick, 25, cute face, enormous tits, LF SBM...

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #40 - Jan 1st, 2017 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
After my main hit completionist, I found I had to "make my own fun" in DDO.

Most of which was in TRing alts and experimenting with flavour builds.

My guildee went and started an new guild on another server just for a change of pace and to not group with the same people over and over again.

Since there's no end game to speak of, once you have all the good toys and ship amenities, there's not much to work towards.

It's tough to avoid ennui at his point unless the newly minted Standing Stone Games can start producing a high(er) volume of content.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #41 - Jan 2nd, 2017 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Jan 1st, 2017 at 9:49pm:
Sounds a lot like my last couple months. Took me a while to realize I was logging in out of a weird sense of obligation.

Yeah.  If you aren't having fun, don't play. 

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jan 2nd, 2017 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 2nd, 2017 at 9:04am:
Yeah.  If you aren't having fun, don't play. 

This^

My problem is that I also dislike running sub-par toons (ego) so some times I play just to get gear and mats even though it's not fun and this can make me lose perspective. The irony be that if someone came back in the last year all the gear they pulled would catch them up, past lives etc.. is another story of course.

I'm glad I took a break though, I played a ton of Mechwarrior online and Overwatch and had a blast, I sucked and I still had a BLAST.  The holiday rewards/freebies that MWO gave out were amazing, so much stuff. I got the equivalent of a months VIP, and about $35 worth of purchasable rewards and piles of unique and in-game exclusive stuff without spending a dime on the game.

Turbine/SSG could learn a lesson from PGI,  for starters you got 1 week of VIP time for free, and then had the opportunity to pull a random item 150 times! 25 for each match mode. Like festival cookies gave out stuff that was actually decent.

I love DDO, but I may try to make this as long of a break as I can so I can avoid permanent burnout.    
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2017 at 9:33am by Grand »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #43 - Jan 2nd, 2017 at 10:52am
Print Post  
I listened to the year end review DDOCast last week and was smacked in the face with how little content we actually got.  Since the anniversary event and the two new night revels quests were just temporary and festivult/mid winter/cove are just so rote now days, that only leaves you with:

3 gnomework quests and 3 slavers quests.  I get that we got 3 raids and 2 quests in late December last year, but the raids were rehashes of existing raids and the loot on both Hound and TS were way underwhelming and the LGS stuff was a major disappointment for all but a very few specialty/flavor builds.  (That reaper/turtle tank build that WFB just posted is a good example).  (Oh.  and an exploit that short circuited the grind on the LGS didn't help either).

What is there to do in game right now besides level PL's and grind some slavers mats?

Maybe reaper mode will breathe some life into old content.  I don't know.  Rehashing old content only gets you so far.  I think SSG needs to heavily invest in some new content in 2017.  Otherwise more and more veterans will really be grasping to find something to do. 
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2017 at 10:53am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Jan 2nd, 2017 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Good post.

I'd liked to add that Turbine was aware of this and was actively trying to mitigate the impact in several ways.

1) The huge powercreep in the gear dropped in those few quests and the grindable and craftable options they put out to make the players so happy with new shiny stuff so as to distract from the lack of new content.

2) Rehashing those old raids with juice to keep the hard-core players happy in the absence of new content. The sheer laziness of the Tempest and HoX rehash was pretty breath taking.

My developing opinion after watching all this unfold for the last year is that the relative success they have had in quieting the complaints with those two tactics has quite likely been fueling the renewed drive for Reaper. I'd even go as far to say that SSG with it's much smaller team and resources is going to be counting on being able to rehash old content with Reaper to distract the player base and pay the bills.
« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2017 at 11:22am by »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #45 - Jan 2nd, 2017 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'd even go as far to say that SSG with it's much smaller team and resources is going to be counting on being able to rehash old content with Reaper to distract the player base and pay the bills.

Now if it pays the bills while they get their collective fingers out of their respective asses and get things in battle order to fight bugs and to provide good updates, I'm all for it...
But we are talking of Turbine here...  err... let me fix that :
We are talking of ex-Turbine employees that managed to swindle their jobs out of Warner Bros clutches, so my expectations are low ( yes even lower than that )... I stopped living in Equestria long ago.
( now I don't expect them to be worse than the Indians I have to deal with everyday at the moment... just a tiny bit over them )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #46 - Jan 2nd, 2017 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 2nd, 2017 at 9:32am:
Turbine/SSG could learn a lesson from PGI,  for starters you got 1 week of VIP time for free

I gotta say, I can't see a downside to this.  It sounds like a good idea to me.  Why not hand out a free 1 week VIP to each new account?  As long as the game time only applies to new accounts, is someone going to keep creating a new account every week and startiing over for free ViP?  I'm not sure there is an exploit there.  Maybe in multi-boxing content for loot pulls?  I dunno. 

Or, what about between Dec 24th and January 2nd (or whenever) everyone is ViP for a week.  Would that be a problem?  Seems like a great way to get new and returning players to spend time in game. 

Anyways, they should definitely think outside the box a bit.

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #47 - Jan 2nd, 2017 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
DDO is like taco bell ... at first you think you love it ... but then realize all you really like are the sauce packets ... just drink those and skip the food and things turn out much better.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #48 - Jan 2nd, 2017 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 2nd, 2017 at 2:07pm:
I gotta say, I can't see a downside to this.  It sounds like a good idea to me.  Why not hand out a free 1 week VIP to each new account?  As long as the game time only applies to new accounts, is someone going to keep creating a new account every week and startiing over for free ViP?  I'm not sure there is an exploit there.  Maybe in multi-boxing content for loot pulls?  I dunno. 

Or, what about between Dec 24th and January 2nd (or whenever) everyone is ViP for a week.  Would that be a problem?  Seems like a great way to get new and returning players to spend time in game. 

Anyways, they should definitely think outside the box a bit.

They would have to refigure how the game flags you as free vs premium...and that sounds like work.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Quis
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jan 2nd, 2017 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 2nd, 2017 at 9:32am:
This^

My problem is that I also dislike running sub-par toons (ego) so some times I play just to get gear and mats even though it's not fun and this can make me lose perspective. The irony be that if someone came back in the last year all the gear they pulled would catch them up, past lives etc.. is another story of course.

I'm glad I took a break though, I played a ton of Mechwarrior online and Overwatch and had a blast, I sucked and I still had a BLAST.  The holiday rewards/freebies that MWO gave out were amazing, so much stuff. I got the equivalent of a months VIP, and about $35 worth of purchasable rewards and piles of unique and in-game exclusive stuff without spending a dime on the game.

Turbine/SSG could learn a lesson from PGI,  for starters you got 1 week of VIP time for free, and then had the opportunity to pull a random item 150 times! 25 for each match mode. Like festival cookies gave out stuff that was actually decent.

I love DDO, but I may try to make this as long of a break as I can so I can avoid permanent burnout.    

Same here playing OW and WoW.  I am waiting till next update.  No urge to run slavers since I am guessing the upcoming raid stuff will pretty much invalidate current gear.  Would like to make a pair of LGS wraps though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint