Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Magic Turtle /// Reaper Tank from Skull 10 Lamma (Read 39099 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Magic Turtle /// Reaper Tank from Skull 10 Lamma
Reply #75 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Yeah I mean it will never be so hard people won't figure it out. There are more players than devs, which means eventually dev work will get cracked. Moreover, devs have competing priotirties to balance, stumping the 4chan exploiter kiddies or the wildly talented semi-pro's just isn't the only thing they have to worry about.

The question is if it will be fun to play, not if it will be unbeatable. 50% completion success like old Epic dragon raids were fun, but not unbeatable.

IP Logged

vageta31
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 11th, 2017 at 12:01am:
TRAIN TO EXECUTIONER!   LOL

Crap, you're right.  I was mistaken about the anti-kiting mechanic in Everquest.  It's been a while.  The mob summoned you, not teleported to you like I said.  Guess I've spent too much time fighting devils in DDO.  =)

Here's a good writeup of the early days in EQ.
http://afkgamer.com/archives/category/everquest-i-journal/

In it's early days, that game really did get the grouping thing right.  Soloing was possible on a few classes, but tough even for those.  Even for good groups, at-level content was a challenge.  Oddly enough, very few non-raid mobs could one-shot players.  Even casters could usually take a few hits before dropping.  The mobs were a challenge because they had enough HPs to not die in 2s and the AI and pathing were much better than DDO.  The good, named loot was pretty rare and generally required a group effort to camp/farm it even for just one or two people.

Lots of nostalgia and fond memories from that game.

Yeah, classic Everquest was something special that probably won't ever be matched again. Not just because they got so much right(mostly by accident I'm sure), but also because MMOs were something new that most people hadn't experienced before so there was a huge learning curve. I still play on classic emulators off and on to get my EQ fix when it flares up and I will probably play EQ off and on until the day I die. Nothing has really ever captured that same feeling, as nowadays the instant gratification crowd has taken over.

That said I really enjoy DDO and only got into it a couple years ago, and like EQ I tend to come and go depending on how burnt out I get. While it's deviated heavily from the 3.5 system it's based upon, the combat is truly fun and addicting to me. What I've found over time though is I tend to have more fun rolling a fresh guy with no past lives and going through the game running elite quests at level and actually struggling through some of them. When I play my multiple PL characters and steamroll content I find myself burning out much quicker as it just becomes an exercise in efficiency(how do I get the absolute max xp per hour).

I am skeptically optimistic of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen as it seems to promise a more classic MMO(specifically EQ) type of gameplay wrapped in a more modern client. Only time will tell but I'm hoping that it will at least be a move in the right direction.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #77 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 11th, 2017 at 12:38pm:
Yeah I mean it will never be so hard people won't figure it out. There are more players than devs, which means eventually dev work will get cracked. Moreover, devs have competing priotirties to balance, stumping the 4chan exploiter kiddies or the wildly talented semi-pro's just isn't the only thing they have to worry about.

The question is if it will be fun to play, not if it will be unbeatable. 50% completion success like old Epic dragon raids were fun, but not unbeatable.

+1

Skull 5 is fun IMO. After that everything but a tank is 1 shot and self healing becomes more and more useless.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 9th, 2017 at 6:19pm:
I drag everyone through everything and I'm tired of it.

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #79 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Its doable even solo, did some higher level Epic elites today.
But since most if not all of my feedback is ignored by devs in totally turned off to test further.
Devs recognize and respond to feedback of 2-3 skull players more then 10 skull players.
Actually they had a discussion with a dude who soloed a 10skull as a caped toon (harbor quest) and listend to his feedback more then mine (was soloing some epics on 10 skull as melee and was presenting some issues with reaper), it struck me wildly that they even didnt respond to obvious bugs i found and asked what the point is, some gear drops etc.

Dont know, put effort to test more or go with the flow, ignore whole lama bshit and just tr main to a thrower or some kind cc tank bshit (like that terrible sentinel druid which actually might be good now)?
Idk if i should put effort into further tests, really no idea why devs dont listen to a endgamer doing endgame difficulty but to casuals attempting endgame diff.
They said reaper 10 will be unsoloable, and i disproved that fact with some minor effort / i didnt push my limits or whatever like in some games like wow/forge/angels and devils/ff14 etc etc.

With current proposal reaper isnt what i expected it to be, it was fun, lotsa fun, but it really punishes specific few builds, and mostly punishes melee dps toons.
If plan is to group, then  6 ranged kiters or 5 ranged with 1 tank.
(possibly some tank with guards)
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2017 at 11:34pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #80 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 11th, 2017 at 10:51pm:
Roll Eyes

Group up with me and see for yourself

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #81 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 11th, 2017 at 11:31pm:
Its doable even solo, did some higher level Epic elites today.
But since most if not all of my feedback is ignored by devs in totally turned off to test further.
Devs recognize and respond to feedback of 2-3 skull players more then 10 skull players.
Actually they had a discussion with a dude who soloed a 10skull as a caped toon (harbor quest) and listend to his feedback more then mine (was soloing some epics on 10 skull as melee and was presenting some issues with reaper), it struck me wildly that they even didnt respond to obvious bugs i found and asked what the point is, some gear drops etc.

Dont know, put effort to test more or go with the flow, ignore whole lama bshit and just tr main to a thrower or some kind cc tank bshit (like that terrible sentinel druid which actually might be good now)?
Idk if i should put effort into further tests, really no idea why devs dont listen to a endgamer doing endgame difficulty but to casuals attempting endgame diff.
They said reaper 10 will be unsoloable, and i disproved that fact with some minor effort / i didnt push my limits or whatever like in some games like wow/forge/angels and devils/ff14 etc etc.

With current proposal reaper isnt what i expected it to be, it was fun, lotsa fun, but it really punishes specific few builds, and mostly punishes melee dps toons.
If plan is to group, then  6 ranged kiters or 5 ranged with 1 tank.
(possibly some tank with guards)

Which epic quests were you soloing on 10 skull using a melee and what was the build?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #82 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 11:50am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 12:21am:

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #83 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 11:50am:

All builds are OP when I play them
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2017 at 12:24pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #84 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 9:53am:
Which epic quests were you soloing on 10 skull using a melee and what was the build?

Did lod, fathom, von2, some motus (fast ones) on a custom tree thing.
Didnt really post the build anywhere nor do i plan to.
Was a challenge, had deaths, but completed with help of monk revive and jibbers, later on deaths were kept to minimum after i adapted to some mechanics. (lotsa 1 shot stuff that you arent prepared for)
IT wasnt easy solo, with a dedicated tank  (or support healer, smthn like druid )i can see tree builds wrack havoc in 10 skulls, blitzing is mostly dead, fury might make a comeback on some melees.
No idea how it will work out in grouping tbh since i assume that most will play hp spoonge tank warlocks for 10 skull or shiradi giberish, also couple other ideas come to mind but none consists of the tank/cc/dps trinity.
Most other melee builds are utterly destroyed by some mechanics (i tried on couple other builds since my main task was to solo and disprove fact that you cant do it and i choose melee to even further prove my point).
You could solo most on some kind of ranged char tho if you are careful with pulls without any specific difficulty (but some 1 shots are unavoidable)
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2017 at 1:47pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #85 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 1:43pm:
Did lod, fathom, von2, some motus (fast ones) on a custom tree thing.
Didnt really post the build anywhere nor do i plan to.
Was a challenge, had deaths, but completed with help of monk revive and jibbers, later on deaths were kept to minimum after i adapted to some mechanics. (lotsa 1 shot stuff that you arent prepared for)
IT wasnt easy solo, with a dedicated tank  (or support healer, smthn like druid )i can see tree builds wrack havoc in 10 skulls, blitzing is mostly dead, fury might make a comeback on some melees.
No idea how it will work out in grouping tbh since i assume that most will play hp spoonge tank warlocks for 10 skull or shiradi giberish, also couple other ideas come to mind but none consists of the tank/cc/dps trinity.
Most other melee builds are utterly destroyed by some mechanics (i tried on couple other builds since my main task was to solo and disprove fact that you cant do it and i choose melee to even further prove my point).
You could solo most on some kind of ranged char tho if you are careful with pulls without any specific difficulty (but some 1 shots are unavoidable)

Thanks!

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #86 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 11:58am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 12:22pm:
All builds are OP when I play them

Since you apparently only play shuri builds, I cannot find fault in that statement.   Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2017 at 12:02pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 12:21am:

Dude, we've covered this before. I have grouped with you multiple times before and after I found out you were the attention whore from the Mobos. In every case you failed to impress with anything other than your ability to quest and simultaneously post in chat how amazing your build is or explanations for why you weren't leading in kills because your build is 'so amazing'.  In none of those instances did you rise above the others in notice much less 'drag' anyone through the quest. More telling (from your point of view) no one else ever mentioned how great you were playing or looked to you for guidance or help in the quest. Basically it was same old Khyber questing, nothing of note.

Should I bookmark this quote for you so I don't have to keep reminding you every time you get so full of yourself that you need to try and claim how much better you are than everyone you play with?

« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2017 at 2:31pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #88 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
If your not a melee, you're a fag.   It is that simple.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #89 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 4:16pm:
If your not a melee, you're a fag.   It is that simple.

I played melees for a long time, probably the first 5-6 years this game was out. I quickly realized how intellectually disabled it was to keep playing them however once ED's and specifically Adrenaline became a thing.

I'm sorry you're too stupid to do math like that.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2017 at 4:57pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #90 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 2:29pm:
Dude, we've covered this before. I have grouped with you multiple times before and after I found out you were the attention whore from the Mobos. In every case you failed to impress with anything other than your ability to quest and simultaneously post in chat how amazing your build is or explanations for why you weren't leading in kills because your build is 'so amazing'.  In none of those instances did you rise above the others in notice much less 'drag' anyone through the quest. More telling (from your point of view) no one else ever mentioned how great you were playing or looked to you for guidance or help in the quest. Basically it was same old Khyber questing, nothing of note.

Should I bookmark this quote for you so I don't have to keep reminding you every time you get so full of yourself that you need to try and claim how much better you are than everyone you play with?

You can bookmark whatever you want. If you play on Khyber, identify yourself, group with me, and lets see who's full of shit.

My offer stands, as it has for close to a year now.

Poor little Grand needs more attention.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #91 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 4:57pm:
I'm sorry you're too stupid to do math like that.

Math is for fags.

(and Asians)

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 5:02pm:
You can bookmark whatever you want. If you play on Khyber, identify yourself, group with me, and lets see who's full of shit.

My offer stands, as it has for close to a year now.

Poor little Grand needs more attention.

No need to worry about me Sobby, I can get attention whenever I need it. For instance with just a post I can yank your chain and make you squeal. Too easy.

You want to know my name? get in line  Wink

Like I would trust some like you with that info? But much more importantly I love running anonymously with attention whores like yourself (and I'm not the only one), When you don't know were there you tend to go full asshat and say the stupidest shit in the world.

As for seeing 'who is full of shit'? Well Sobby, the funny part is I've never made stupid claims here or on the Mobos about how great I am or claiming I hate having to 'drag people through quests' like yourself, so it's pretty easy to see you're definitely more full of shit and self promotion. But if it makes you feel better I've raised you multiple times, and given you named loot from the chest so...... you're welcome.

The lesson to be learned here Sobby? stop trying to big-note yourself, and just play. If you play well and make good builds people will give you credit, if you try to give it to yourself you sound like..Jakelala and end up losing the builder of the year title to 5fs.  Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2017 at 8:53pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 7:07pm:
Math is for fags.

(and Asians)

Asians are entitled to fags?
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2017 at 8:54pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #94 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 8:51pm:
...end up losing the builder of the year title to 5fs.  Grin

I am so much better.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #95 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Look if people like to roll and play FFS SD/LD build, more power to them. I hope they enjoy it. For a non burst/FoTW build, it's as good as it gets. Having started with throwers and going through the 4 levels of thrower build enlightenment (Shiradi->SD->LD->Fury), I feel like I have significant enough experience with all of them to say that Fury is just out and out superior in basically all situations (Raids, LE, zerg, Long slog, w/e).

However, as FFS has said himself, he isn't trying to use a bow/manyshot, which is a huge hit to burst DPS for a Fury build. I still think Fury is a better destiny even without a bow, especially with x3 crit now on shurikens.

But in any case, I have no beef with his builds that don't suck. This one espcially for someone who doesn't want to make a monkcher or a furyshuri their main, the steady state, less active style of just throwing shurikens in a non-Fury destiny is a good way to play a tosser and contribute well.

I also really liked his Cleric Terror Arrow DC build. That was nice. If I didn't need to farm 10 hours of slavers for a full caster 5 piece set, I would totally do it.
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2017 at 12:06am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #96 - Jan 14th, 2017 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 7:07pm:
Math is for fags.

(and Asians)

I have a few guildies who are melees and they absolutely crush it. But I see the majority of melees just being subpar. It is what it is, player is just as important as the build.

Lot of bad ranged players running around too.

IP Logged

nagus
Ex Member

Reply #97 - Jan 14th, 2017 at 12:33am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 11:44pm:
It's an honor just to be nominated.... Oh god those fuckers! those god dam fuckers! I'm the builder of the year! me! I am!.... oh god please kill me....

jk
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2017 at 12:34am by »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Jan 14th, 2017 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
jk

Well done padawan, you show much promise  Wink

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #99 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Ath Posted his version of this on MOBOs.
He gives a very detailed build sequence and it looks great:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/485081-Ath-s-Reaper-Tank-Build-Thread

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint