Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Are there any tips for lvling crafting efficiently (Read 16736 times)
Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Are there any tips for lvling crafting efficiently
Jan 4th, 2017 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Posts or PMs appreciated

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Are there any tips for lvling crafting efficiently
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jan 4th, 2017 at 4:12pm:
Posts or PMs appreciated

You need about 40k cannith essences, a single 30 minute XP boost from the store at the max level (75%?) that costs about 50 TP or so, and about 100-150 of the 25% success boosters that cost about 200 TP for 25.  Total TP needed - around 1200-1500. 

Then, you start making the highest possible Minimum level shard you can.  You use the success boosters.  The first time you make a specific shard, you will get a huge amount of XP.  You will make about 3-4 of each shard before the next highest one is available.  Do this until your crafting level is around 315.  Then stop.  You don't need to go any higher.  It will take maybe 15-20 minutes and only minor carpal tunnel.  Congrats.  You can now make any shard in the game for yourself at the highest possible ML.  The only reason to level higher is if you give a shit about crafting for other people. 

The cannith essences are pretty easy to come by.  Depending on chest density, you will generally get around 1000 per hour of gaming in epic levels, as long as you deconstruct all you loot pulls.  Ask about in guild or channels too.  They are so easy to get, most people will help you out for little to nothing in return.

I'll give you 5-10k next time I am on, for example, if you want.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Dont waste tp or r eal money. You can level fine with the free crafting xp pots from the tutorial and the 10% boosters in house c.
Bunch of fucking dumbasses running out to spend money leveling something that is easy to level for free. Sucker born every minute
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2017 at 4:53pm by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 4th, 2017 at 4:38pm:
You need about 40k cannith essences, a single 30 minute XP boost from the store at the max level (75%?) that costs about 50 TP or so, and about 100-150 of the 25% success boosters that cost about 200 TP for 25.  Total TP needed - around 1200-1500. 

Then, you start making the highest possible Minimum level shard you can.  You use the success boosters.  The first time you make a specific shard, you will get a huge amount of XP.  You will make about 3-4 of each shard before the next highest one is available.  Do this until your crafting level is around 315.  Then stop.  You don't need to go any higher.  It will take maybe 15-20 minutes and only minor carpal tunnel.  Congrats.  You can now make any shard in the game for yourself at the highest possible ML.  The only reason to level higher is if you give a shit about crafting for other people. 

The cannith essences are pretty easy to come by.  Depending on chest density, you will generally get around 1000 per hour of gaming in epic levels, as long as you deconstruct all you loot pulls.  Ask about in guild or channels too.  They are so easy to get, most people will help you out for little to nothing in return.

I'll give you 5-10k next time I am on, for example, if you want.   

Close.   

Get a 100% crafting xp boost potion from the online store for 40 TP.  They last for 30 minutes. You can go from zero to 340 crafting level in 30 minutes or less if you have enough essences banked up.

Unless the 35% success boosters are on sale, just buy them as needed since you get 25 at a time for 150 TP.  If you're only concerned with crafting BTA stuff for yourself, you won't need any success boosters to craft stuff once you hit 340 so there's not reason to buy more than you need to level.

If you're starting from zero crafting level, I'd bank up 60k essences just to be safe.  It won't hurt to have extras leftover at the end as you'll use those to craft your items.  You're probably looking at 900-1200 TP in all.  I say this from having leveled one toon to 400 crafting and one to 380ish and also walking a guildie through getting 300+. 

Once you have the xp potion, a stack of success boosters, and enough essences, do the following:
  1. Drink the xp potion. 
  2. Open the UI for the bound shard crafting.
  3. Filter for the word "minimum".
  4. Set the level range to 1 to 340.
  5. Sort by XP.
  6. Place the 35% success booster in the UI slot.
  7. Select the minimum level shard at the top of the list (the one that gives the most xp).
  8. Attempt the combine.
  9. If you succeed, you'll jump several crafting levels.  If you fail, don't worry.  Just keep trying until you succeed. 
  10. Rinse and repeat until you're level 340

The massive xp you get for succeeding on one of the super low chance shards outweighs the xp you could get by making shards with a higher chance.

While the suggestion to stop at 315 is valid, I would get to 340 crafting for a no-fail chance on the 30(34) shards.  Personal preference for sure though.

Also, there is an option that requires if you prefer but I wouldn't recommend it as it requires a noticeably higher investment of time in the up-front prep work and a larger number of essences.  You can go through the Cannith Crafting tutorial and choose either a 75% crafting xp potion or 5 25% success boosters.  It's been said that these are BTA so you could in theory roll up disposable toons and cycle them through the tutorial about 40 times to get the potion and 200 success boosters.  You will also need roughly 35% more essences banked up if you choose this route. 
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2017 at 5:31pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jan 4th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
Dont waste tp or r eal money. You can level fine with the free crafting xp pots from the tutorial and the 10% boosters in house c.
Bunch of fucking dumbasses running out to spend money leveling something that is easy to level for free. Sucker born every minute

Considering the time required to recycle throwaway toons and the crafting tutorial enough to get 150+ success boosters and a potion plus the additional time to acquire and decon enough RNG loot to get about 10-15k additional essences to get to the same crafting level, I consider it TP well spent.

It takes roughly the same amount of TP you get via favor from running missions while leveling up during a life to get the 100% xp potion and enough 35% success boosters.  I level up and gain that favor/TP after a TR regardless of crafting, so it's not a big deal to me.

Even if I were to use real money, it takes about $10 worth of TP which would be about 10-15 minutes of work for me.  Even at minimum wage rates, I bet you'd spend more than 1.5 hours cycling the tutorial and gathering an extra 10-15k essences.

So please, tell us again who the dumbasses are...   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jan 4th, 2017 at 4:51pm:

What the fuck part of efficient did you not pick up on?

Trying to use some small words for your benefit, DDO points are a byproduct of playing - guessing Meat has quite a few banked. The extra XP boost and success boost from going through the store gives a massive increase in efficiency. You can either spend a shitload of extra time at the machine using less efficient pots and boosters or you can shortcut via the store.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Jan 4th, 2017 at 5:50pm:
What the fuck part of efficient did you not pick up on?

Trying to use some small words for your benefit, DDO points are a byproduct of playing - guessing Meat has quite a few banked. The extra XP boost and success boost from going through the store gives a massive increase in efficiency. You can either spend a shitload of extra time at the machine using less efficient pots and boosters or you can shortcut via the store.

I did have some built up.. I just bought that slavers pack.. Haven't even played it yet..

Anyway, I see the options pretty clearly.

If anyone has essences on Khyber, hook a brutha up.

Also, I got my crafting to like 130ish already doing basically what you guys have said. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something important. Crafting XP pot appears to be the best answer.

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

before you were born.

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Oh shit. You're on khyber now?

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #8 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Jan 4th, 2017 at 6:31pm:
Oh shit. You're on khyber now?

Never been anywhere else. I'm no bigshot or anything, though. Never was.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

before you were born.

Reply #9 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jan 4th, 2017 at 7:32pm:

Learn something new everyday. I'm definitely no great player either; a two year break and inability to focus on one character don't help for sure.

I will check to see my essence stockpile. Not sure what I've got tbh; made a lot of low level shards to get through some heroic TRs.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jan 4th, 2017 at 7:32pm:

Theres such a thing as a bigshot in this shitgame?

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #11 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 5:56am
Print Post  
The main thing is just get lots of essence. eToEE pt1 has tons of chests. I usually make about 500-600 per run through.

Buying cheap ML30 shit off the plat AH to decon, works as well.

IP Logged

gravegod
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jan 4th, 2017 at 4:12pm:
Posts or PMs appreciated

Don't forget that you can always make a new alt and run through the tutorial again for xp pots or success boosts.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Don't forget that you can always make a new alt and run through the tutorial again for xp pots or success boosts.

It takes 31 cycles of the crafting tutorial to get the 75% xp potion and 150 25% success boosters.  It's possible you'll need more than 150 boosters if starting from zero crafting level and using a 75% potion.  Given the lower xp per combine and lower success rates with the tutorial stuff, you will also need an additional 10-15k essences.

If we optimistically assume 10 minutes per tutorial cycle and 30 minutes per 2k additional essences farmed and deconned, that's around 10 additional hours to level crafting with the free stuff.

It takes roughly $10 worth of points to buy an xp potion and enough 35% boosters from the online store to hit 340 crafting.  Even better if you have 1200 TP or so already banked up just from favor during TRs, monster manuals, etc.

$10 vs 10 hours.   $1/hour is generally considered a very poor hourly rate by most people.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2017 at 1:06pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
how long would it take to get 60k essences? I have like, couple hundred only. starting at crafting level 0. dont care about 10-15 bucks for potions, but the store price for 1k essences is 900tp. Not doing that x 60 just for crafting.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

before you were born.

Reply #15 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 1:11pm:
how long would it take to get 60k essences? I have like, couple hundred only. starting at crafting level 0. dont care about 10-15 bucks for potions, but the store price for 1k essences is 900tp. Not doing that x 60 just for crafting.

You can get them pretty quickly, my experience is at least 500 per hour from crunching everything from epic quests including end rewards. Plus you can always find some cheap ML 25+ items on the AH. They decon to an average of maybe 35 a pop.

I also farmed a shitload from my TR caches on various toons - stuff invalidated by either slavers or new cannith crafted gear.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #16 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 1:25pm
Print Post  

How many hours per week do you play?  I estimate you can get about 1000 essences per hour of running level 20-30 quests if you hit all chests and deconn the ran gen loot.  Not necessarily focusing on high chest density quests.  You are probably looking at about 60 hours.  And you aren't really going outside of what you would normally do during an ePL run.  Also, You can buy junk loot on the AH pretty cheaply.  There is always crap in the 2-10k range that is inexpensive.   You can speed it up by buying and deconning junk.

(60k is also more essences than you need if you are buying the crafting success boosters).

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 1:55pm
Print Post  

just play the game, crunch everything you get, at some point level crafting until you run out of essences, rinse repeat until you are at the level of crafting you want.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #18 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
I checked my main last night. He's at like lvl 119 to start with. I started buying crap off the AH to crunch for essences. I have 4mil plat, so I can buy a fair amount of junk. But, I still may end up buying some store stuff to make it work quickly.

I was able to convert and use a fair amount of old essences that I had saved up. So, that's how I got to the 119.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2017 at 3:29pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

gravegod
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 1:03pm:
It takes 31 cycles of the crafting tutorial to get the 75% xp potion and 150 25% success boosters.  It's possible you'll need more than 150 boosters if starting from zero crafting level and using a 75% potion.  Given the lower xp per combine and lower success rates with the tutorial stuff, you will also need an additional 10-15k essences.

If we optimistically assume 10 minutes per tutorial cycle and 30 minutes per 2k additional essences farmed and deconned, that's around 10 additional hours to level crafting with the free stuff.

It takes roughly $10 worth of points to buy an xp potion and enough 35% boosters from the online store to hit 340 crafting.  Even better if you have 1200 TP or so already banked up just from favor during TRs, monster manuals, etc.

$10 vs 10 hours.   $1/hour is generally considered a very poor hourly rate by most people.

Meh, I grab a xp pots from the tutorial and buy 35%'s from the store. Thanks for the pointless lecture, I hope you feel superior now. 
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:18pm by »  

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #20 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 3:28pm:
I have 4mil plat

Would you believe that the guy who ran Qwijymart never possessed more than 1 mil plat?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Meh, I grab a xp pots from the tutorial and buy 35%'s from the store. Thanks for the pointless lecture, I hope you feel superior now. 

You're welcome.  I wish you the best in your $1/hour endeavors.  =)

Pointless though?  Hardly.

A guy asks for tips on leveling crafting efficiently and you propose a method that is at least 20% less efficient than previous suggestions?   Shouldn't be suprised when someone points it out.
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2017 at 7:18pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #22 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 7:21pm
Print Post  

I'd say Asheras is fairly spot on.  I usually pull about 1k essences worth of RNG loot per hour and I'm not terribly zergy.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #23 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 1:03pm:
$1/hour is generally considered a very poor hourly rate by most people.

Yeah, but Meat-Head's a teacher. Sometimes his net daily income is negative.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #24 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 2:48am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 7:22pm:
Yeah, but Meat-Head's a teacher. Sometimes his net daily income is negative.

Grin

Cry

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint