Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Are there any tips for lvling crafting efficiently (Read 16719 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Are there any tips for lvling crafting efficiently
Reply #25 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 6:38am
Print Post  
thanks for the replies all.

Digimonk wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 7:21pm:
I'd say Asheras is fairly spot on.  I usually pull about 1k essences worth of RNG loot per hour and I'm not terribly zergy.

60 hours of play time is kind of long for me now. I dont really play much any more. it's been log in -> check lfm -> try for shrouds and slaver -> afk until booted.

2 hours of play time a day at most, every few days. going to take me a while at this rate.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2017 at 6:39am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 4th, 2017 at 5:45pm:
Considering the time required to recycle throwaway toons

Yeah, don't do that.  Just run your current characters through the tutorial.  It might take a whole hour to run 10 characters through and collect 1 XP pot and 45 +25% boosts.  My mules live in the crafting hall already, since it has fast access to the bank, the mailbox, and the auctioneer.
Even if I were to use real money, it takes about $10 worth of TP which would be about 10-15 minutes of work for me.

Tell us all, how much money do you make per hour when you're not at work and are instead playing a video game?

So please, tell us again who the dumbasses are...   Roll Eyes

I think it's fairly clear that the dumb-asses are the people who would rather be a Turbine whale or who claim that their leisure time should be valued at the same rate as they make per hour while on the job.

It's a simple choice:
Spend a single hour in game, get the tools needed to take your CC skill to the level you'll need to make L34 items for yourself.
-or-
Spend money to buy that same ability.
(And yes, you can spend TP earned for free by playing the game.  Anyone except Mookie understands that this is still an opportunity cost which prevents you from using those TP for other purposes)

One hour seems cheap to me, I "waste" more time in this game helping other people than that every week.  I have fun doing so, which is why I put "waste" in quotes.

Rubbinns wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 1:11pm:
how long would it take to get 60k essences?

It depends.  If you're at cap and melt everything it won't take very long at all.  You'll get ~20-30 essences per item.  If you're at L1 you want get anything like that for melting your crap pulls.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #27 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Blow all your plat on junk to decon. Brokers every day and ah anything level 15+.
There are also essences on asah. Dunno what your source of shards is but it might be worth a try.
Thousand - few thousands essences per weekend from deconstruction ( some epic levelling, some shrouds, some slavers ... ) sounds about right.

Or just ask someone, you must be Kardashian of Orien Ruby.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2017 at 8:16am by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #28 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 7th, 2017 at 7:14am:
hd

You talk about whales in the same post as you mention having 10+ characters...  FAIL.

10 toons != 30 tutorial cycles.   FAIL.

You *try* to prove a point about not making money while playing a video game then try to use the opportunity cost argument to support your own point.  FAIL.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2017 at 12:26pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #29 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 7th, 2017 at 6:38am:
thanks for the replies all.

60 hours of play time is kind of long for me now. I dont really play much any more. it's been log in -> check lfm -> try for shrouds and slaver -> afk until booted.

2 hours of play time a day at most, every few days. going to take me a while at this rate.

Yeah, there's no doubt it takes a while to bank up the essences.  It's not bad if you just acquire them while running whatever missions you'd normally run though. 

If you have guildies that will pass you their RNG loot to decon, it helps a lot.  As other have mentioned, you can also buy the inexpensive RNG junk off the AH if you're flush with plat.

For what it's worth, slaver runs are where I got the bulk of my RNG loot for essences.   There are plenty of chests in the 3 missions even if they're not the best chest/min ratio and you get the Slave Lord's mats while you're at it.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #30 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jan 7th, 2017 at 8:15am:
Blow all your plat on junk to decon. Brokers every day and ah anything level 15+.
There are also essences on asah. Dunno what your source of shards is but it might be worth a try.
Thousand - few thousands essences per weekend from deconstruction ( some epic levelling, some shrouds, some slavers ... ) sounds about right.

BROKERS! Good thinking.

I'll do tha.t

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 7th, 2017 at 12:08pm:
You talk about whales in the same post as you mention having 10+ characters...  FAIL.

10 toons != 30 tutorial cycles.   FAIL.

You *try* to prove a point about not making money while playing a video game then try to use the opportunity cost argument to support your own point.  FAIL.

Yes, I'm a packrat.  And I bought those character slots using the TP I don't spend on stupid things like buying items I can trivially earn in-game by running a quick 'quest' with a guaranteed pay-out.

You're right, 10 characters != 30 tutorial cycles.  Congratulations, you can do basic arithmetic!  And congratulations on the non-sequitur... (look it up)  Next you'll be telling us all that the sky is blue.

10 characters = 10 tutorial cycles, easily run in an hour and yielding 1 XP pot and 45 +25% boosts.  I'd yell FAIL at you for your continued lack of reading comprehension, but really you do my work for me.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #32 - Jan 7th, 2017 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 7th, 2017 at 6:17pm:
Yes, I'm a packrat.  And I bought those character slots using the TP I don't spend on stupid things like buying items I can trivially earn in-game by running a quick 'quest' with a guaranteed pay-out.

You're right, 10 characters != 30 tutorial cycles.  Congratulations, you can do basic arithmetic!  And congratulations on the non-sequitur... (look it up)  Next you'll be telling us all that the sky is blue.

10 characters = 10 tutorial cycles, easily run in an hour and yielding 1 XP pot and 45 +25% boosts.  I'd yell FAIL at you for your continued lack of reading comprehension, but really you do my work for me.

And the other 20 tutorial cycles needed?  How much time for those?  How much extra time needed for the extra 10k+ essences due the lower xp and success rates?

Dude asked for the most efficient way and you offer this mess up and play it off like the opportunity cost of the extra hours needed is less than 1k TP and/or $10.

Since you like definitions for fancy terms, please go read up on straw man arguments and stop using them.

FAIL.

LOL.

« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2017 at 6:51pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #33 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 4:36am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jan 7th, 2017 at 8:15am:

I think he's anonymous these days. He should do the "I'm a girl, gimme stuff" thing.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #34 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 4:48am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on Jan 9th, 2017 at 4:36am:
I think he's anonymous these days. He should do the "I'm a girl, gimme stuff" thing.

Yep. That's the definition of MMORPG.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 5:11am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on Jan 9th, 2017 at 4:36am:

am not anon ;p. my old toons are perma banned.

also, cru thik. got 50k essences tonight. wooot

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #36 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 5:18am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 9th, 2017 at 5:11am:
am not anon ;p. my old toons are perma banned.

also, cru thik. got 50k essences tonight. wooot

Just haven't seen anyone I'd mark as you on Titan. Figured you were keeping private for reasons.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #37 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Rubs is way too trendy for Titan .........

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #38 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Pretty sure I was in a pug with Rubbins last month.  Something about the chat gave me the impression anyway.  Titan seems to have picked up many new folk of late.  Lots of off the wall questions.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #39 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
I used a combo of 10% boosters bought with house c favor and 35% boosters from the store, and the biggest pot they had.  Went through all my essences in 30 minutes and got pretty close to max.

My estimate going from 1 to 400 with crafting alone (not disjuncting gear) would be 150k to 200k essences, a stack of 200 35% boosters, a stack of 200 10% boosters, and 2 pots.  That's not a conservative estimate, might be a bit overkill, and should get anyone there.

- Zorro

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #40 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Jan 9th, 2017 at 3:40pm:
I used a combo of 10% boosters bought with house c favor and 35% boosters from the store, and the biggest pot they had.  Went through all my essences in 30 minutes and got pretty close to max.

My estimate going from 1 to 400 with crafting alone (not disjuncting gear) would be 150k to 200k essences, a stack of 200 35% boosters, a stack of 200 10% boosters, and 2 pots.  That's not a conservative estimate, might be a bit overkill, and should get anyone there.

The unbound 30(34) shard is lvl 390.  Even with the 100% potion, if you only level up with minimum level shards, you'll zero out the XP on that between 380 and 385 iirc.  Even if you didn't, it will give very diminishing returns on XP as you get closer to 390.

Those last 10-15 levels suck more than the previous 385 combined due to requirement of 800 essences + 30 common collectibles + 10 uncommon collectibles + 5 rare collectibles + 10 PEDs per attempt.  The streaks of 4-6 failures are painful.

For what it's worth, eyeballing my collectibles bag after cycling thousands of instances to farm the collectibles, the drop rates roughly appear to be 1000 common --> 50-100 uncommon --> 10-15 rares.

After actually getting to 400, I'd have to say it was not worth it and would not do it again.  The real kick in the nuts by Turbine is that even at 400 crafting and with a 35% success booster, you only have around a 50% chance of success on the unbound insightful stat shards, which is of course what everyone actually wants.  People are not real keen on providing you the rare ingredients, the PEDs, and whatnot and having you fail 2-3 attempts in a row on their insightful con shard.

Even if you have a second account, it is much, much easier and faster to just level a toon on that account to 340 instead of going to 400 on your main account.  It's also far less costly in terms of mats in the long run since BTA takes about half or less mats than unbound.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 9th, 2017 at 3:58pm:
The unbound 30(34) shard is lvl 390.

is this easily done using the method you posted ?

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #42 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 9th, 2017 at 4:33pm:

I'm not aiming to hit the 361 levels it'll take to start crafting ML30(34) shards, but they do seem to sell in the ASAH and would be useful for alt accounts. I bought a pair cheap shortly after the crafting pass, but wound up reselling them for the more recent and much higher price. Able to level to 311 before I needed them, but also not keen on spending 15PEDF to make a BTA item.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #43 - Jan 9th, 2017 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
If anyone cares, AH trash ends up being cheaper than brokers.

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #44 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 1:57am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 9th, 2017 at 4:33pm:

What I posted will easily and quickly get you to 340 crafting assuming you bank up the 50k essences before you start.

If you stockpile enough Cannith essences, the same method will get you to 375, maybe 385ish.  Once you get past the 380-385 range, you'll need to start doing combines for shards that require the collectibles and PEDs.  That's when the suck starts.

But unless you have a burning reason to be able to craft unbound stuff, there really is zero point in spending the time and materials to go beyond 340 crafting skill.  340 skill = 100% success on all BTA shards and gear.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 3:04am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 7th, 2017 at 6:50pm:
And the other 20 tutorial cycles needed?  How much time for those?  How much extra time needed for the extra 10k+ essences due the lower xp and success rates?

Dude asked for the most efficient way and you offer this mess up and play it off like the opportunity cost of the extra hours needed is less than 1k TP and/or $10.

Since you like definitions for fancy terms, please go read up on straw man arguments and stop using them.

FAIL.

LOL.

Dude, you're just a jackass and a failure at life.

What other 20 tutorial cycles?  Where did that even come from except from your tiny little mind?  You can run through all of your Cannith Essences in a single 30 minute +75% pot from the tutorial.  And then use your 45 +25% success boosts from your 9 other characters.

I've spelled this out so clearly twice that I think you just can't read or understand...

It's not a fixed formula, if you don't have 10 characters then use 1 to get the XP pot and the rest to get the boosts.  It's really very easy, unless your name is Mookie and you find everything to be hard because you're too busy sucking dicks to be good at anything else.
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2017 at 3:05am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #46 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 3:51am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jan 9th, 2017 at 8:04pm:
If anyone cares, AH trash ends up being cheaper than brokers.

Yep, seems that essences generated are also random but the higher the level of the loot the better income.
/prolly a simple formula like d2 x level of loot.

So best bet is to sort via level and buy cheapest lv 30 stuff.
After that follow the steps written here, success boosters from store + crafting xp pot and craft best min lv shard /swap between bound and unbound ones for best xp ratio.
(crafting of random effects costs collectible mats and doesnt provide as much xp/costs more then shards)

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #47 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jan 10th, 2017 at 3:51am:
Yep, seems that essences generated are also random but the higher the level of the loot the better income.
/prolly a simple formula like d2 x level of loot.

So best bet is to sort via level and buy cheapest lv 30 stuff.
After that follow the steps written here, success boosters from store + crafting xp pot and craft best min lv shard /swap between bound and unbound ones for best xp ratio.
(crafting of random effects costs collectible mats and doesnt provide as much xp/costs more then shards)

Yep. And the cheap trash brokers have in ES are like lvl 15 and don't give much in terms of essence. So, I've been buying up the lvl 25-30 junk that's under 10k plat. It's still a little slow, but I'm progressing.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #48 - Jan 10th, 2017 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 10th, 2017 at 3:04am:
Dude, you're just a jackass and a failure at life.

What other 20 tutorial cycles?  Where did that even come from except from your tiny little mind?  You can run through all of your Cannith Essences in a single 30 minute +75% pot from the tutorial.  And then use your 45 +25% success boosts from your 9 other characters.

I've spelled this out so clearly twice that I think you just can't read or understand...

It's not a fixed formula, if you don't have 10 characters then use 1 to get the XP pot and the rest to get the boosts.  It's really very easy, unless your name is Mookie and you find everything to be hard because you're too busy sucking dicks to be good at anything else.

Were you drunk posting?  If so, it didn't go well.  If you weren't drunk or high when you posted this, please stop until you've thoroughly read the thread.  Either this is a weirder than normal strawman, even for you, or you've missed a significant parts of what this thread is about.

Are you claiming that one can go from zero to 340 crafting using a 75% potion, 40-50k essences and only 45 25% success boosters?

« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2017 at 11:20am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 10th, 2017 at 1:57am:
What I posted will easily and quickly get you to 340 crafting assuming you bank up the 50k essences before you start.

you da man.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint