Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Are there any tips for lvling crafting efficiently (Read 16677 times)
Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: Are there any tips for lvling crafting efficiently
Reply #50 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 11th, 2017 at 10:05am:
you da man.

You hit 340?  If so, congrats!   

One more thing I'd recommend is that you keep an eye out for any RNG loot you get with green aug slots.   Those are the ones you want to disjunct and craft your level 30 stuff with.  They're fairly rare though.

The CC stuff is really good at filling in the gaps between the named loot and slavers crafted gear at level 30.

I TRd back around the first of December and discovered that CC gear rendered most of the old named items irrelevant outside of GH dragon armor and weapons.  The level 20 set was particularly nice given the slim pickings on good named gear between 20 and ~23/25.

My plan going forward is to make some template style CC gear sets for level 4, 10-12, 20-21 gear for TRing.  I'm going to make a Str and a Dex set for melee/ranged and a Cha, an Int, and a Wis set for casters. 

This will let me clear out several bank mules worth of old named loot that I'll never use now.  More space for test toons.  =)
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2017 at 11:56am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Jan 11th, 2017 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 11th, 2017 at 11:42am:
You hit 340?  If so, congrats! 

not yet. didnt bother with the process yet. will tonight or tomorrow. I need to be really high before i click mouse for 30 minutes straight.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #52 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Ahh, that's a good plan.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #53 - Jan 12th, 2017 at 7:35am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 11th, 2017 at 5:25pm:
not yet. didnt bother with the process yet. will tonight or tomorrow. I need to be really high before i click mouse for 30 minutes straight.

Just do it while you wait for a LE hox to fill.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 10:10am
Print Post  
thanks for all the help, guys. am lv 340. took just under 50k essences, 1 100% xp crafting pot, bunch of success boosters, totaled 1200~ tp, 20 minutes time.

Now I have to grind nodes in low level quests. fml

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #55 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 10:30am
Print Post  
The necro 1 quests have a shit ton of those.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #56 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 10:10am:
thanks for all the help, guys. am lv 340. took just under 50k essences, 1 100% xp crafting pot, bunch of success boosters, totaled 1200~ tp, 20 minutes time.

Dat universe telling you it's TR time ........

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #57 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 10:47am
Print Post  

This guide from the mobos is pretty useful.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478811-This-is-How-To-Farm-the-New-Col...

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #58 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 11:07am
Print Post  

Shame you're not on Ghallanda.  I could hook you up.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #59 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 11:14am
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 10:47am:

Agreed. 

Motherj put a toon of work into that and it was extremely helpful.  Anyone who's on G-land and and uses that as a reference should send that guy a few rare mats or other goodies as a thank you.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #60 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Made a test yesterday.... and move from 60ish to 220+ in 20 minutes with the success boost + XP boost trick. Stopped before the end of the XP boost due to lack of ingredients.

So with the 10 more minutes on the XP boost, I suspect that 300 should have been doable without any issue.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 10:47am:

Great, now all I have to do is LoD, Prisoner, Protect Baudry's Interest x30 each.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #62 - Jan 13th, 2017 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 2:15pm:
Great, now all I have to do is LoD, Prisoner, Protect Baudry's Interest x30 each. 

LoD and Prisoner are indeed great for the newer T5 ones.  Also, Last Stand out in Fens is great for those.  You can enter, grab 3-4 collectibles without starting the quest, recall and repeat.  With wings it is 30 secs per circuit, including recall and reset time.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 10th, 2017 at 5:12pm:
Are you claiming that one can go from zero to 340 crafting using a 75% potion, 40-50k essences and only 45 25% success boosters?

For any value of a worthwhile level of crafting, yes that's what I'm saying.  I did it, so I know this is true.  And it didn't cost me a single TP DDOP.  I did also use the Cannith 10% boosters, but they cost plat so who cares?  I'm not at 340 but I don't need any more than the ~315 that I have since at that level I can make anything for myself

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 7:49am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 2:15pm:

Servants has a pile of collectables also.  And you can pick up all 3 collectables in unquiet graves without even starting the quest, then recall and reset.  Two of those are adventurer packs which can hold any kind of collectable.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #65 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 13th, 2017 at 12:04pm:
the success boost + XP boost trick.

this reminds me of the time i beat a quest using the dps + walking forward trick
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:46am by eighnuss »  

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #66 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 11:46am:
this reminds me of the time i beat a quest using the dps + walking forward trick

Walking forward, lol, I prefer to run. Fucking RP'rs, using /walk and shit.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #67 - Jan 18th, 2017 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 7:43am:
For any value of a worthwhile level of crafting, yes that's what I'm saying.  I did it, so I know this is true.  And it didn't cost me a single TP DDOP.  I did also use the Cannith 10% boosters, but they cost plat so who cares?  I'm not at 340 but I don't need any more than the ~315 that I have since at that level I can make anything for myself

You don't go from 0 to 315+ crafting with only a 75% potion, 40-50k essences and only 45 25% success boosters.  I call BS.

A) It takes more essences than that with a 75% potion and increased failures from the 25% boosters.
B) It takes more than 45 combine attempts to get anywhere near 315.
C) You just threw up another straw man.

Even if we accepted your straw man of using 10% boosters after the 45 25% boosters were gone, it's still BS.  10% boosters don't help much when you're crafting shards that have a default success rate of 1-10%.  You either waste a truckload of essences failing with the 10% boosters or you make shards with a higher base success chance which significantly lowers your XP per combine.

The only way you might possibly get to 315 from 0 with your method is during a crafting xp bonus weekend as the bonus XP would make up the difference from what you gave up by not using the 100% potion and 35% boosters.

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #68 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 12:06am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 18th, 2017 at 6:45pm:
You don't go from 0 to 315+ crafting with only a 75% potion, 40-50k essences and only 45 25% success boosters.  I call BS.

A) It takes more essences than that with a 75% potion and increased failures from the 25% boosters.
B) It takes more than 45 combine attempts to get anywhere near 315.
C) You just threw up another straw man.

Even if we accepted your straw man of using 10% boosters after the 45 25% boosters were gone, it's still BS.  10% boosters don't help much when you're crafting shards that have a default success rate of 1-10%.  You either waste a truckload of essences failing with the 10% boosters or you make shards with a higher base success chance which significantly lowers your XP per combine.

The only way you might possibly get to 315 from 0 with your method is during a crafting xp bonus weekend as the bonus XP would make up the difference from what you gave up by not using the 100% potion and 35% boosters.

I pretty much did it the way mentioned and it works and got me to 318 ... xp pot, success pot ... and bunch of essences and check with min level shards give most xp, bound or unbound and took ~15k essences.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #69 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Cleridin wrote on Jan 19th, 2017 at 12:06am:
I pretty much did it the way mentioned and it works and got me to 318 ... xp pot, success pot ... and bunch of essences and check with min level shards give most xp, bound or unbound and took ~15k essences.

0 to 318 crafting with only 15k essences?   Am I misunderstanding your statement?  If not, video or it didn't happen.

If by some miracle, you can post a video actually proving it, you will be the f'ing man because you apparently found a significantly more efficient way of leveling crafting than multiple other reasonably intelligent crafters have been able to divine.

For reference:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477767-My-experience-leveling-from-1-t...
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/479516-Crafting-leveling-advice-(weeke...
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478925-My-crafting-experience-STATS!
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477194-Cannith-Crafting-More-Info-Reca...

There is a fairly good consensus between the motherboards and here that going from zero to 315 takes more than 15k essences, no matter how you do it.

« Last Edit: Jan 20th, 2017 at 1:07am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #70 - Jan 19th, 2017 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
you are correct. I misspoke ... I had already started at level 167 or something like that from prior crafting experience even though I wasn't much of a crafter. It probably was closer to 25k essences or something ... so tbh I was wrong because I forgot those caveats.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Even if we accepted your straw man of using 10% boosters after the 45 25% boosters were gone, it's still BS.

First, look up straw man.  You are using it incorrectly.

Second, the reason you fail so much is that logic escapes you.  You don't use up all your 25% boosters and then swap to 10% boosters.  You use the 25% boosters when it makes sense and you use the 10% boosters when it makes sense.

You have no sense, and this is why you fail.

10% boosters don't help much when you're crafting shards that have a default success rate of 1-10%.  You either waste a truckload of essences failing with the 10% boosters or you make shards with a higher base success chance which significantly lowers your XP per combine.

I don't recall doing any combines with a 1-10% success rate.  But it's been a while.  I certainly did not do any combines in the 1-9% range.  If I did do any at the ~10-20%, they were at the end and only provided perhaps ~5 skill points.  Near the end you do have to take risks, but the XP rewards are also greater.  A single ~35% combine can push you up a level, for example.  You can still make anything you want for yourself with less skill points, as long as you're willing to accept a small chance of failure.

Well of course I did this on a bonus weekend.  Why would I not take advantage of something offered for free?  You're the whale who would rather spend TP on things that drop in game for free...
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2017 at 11:31am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #72 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 11:29am:
First, look up straw man.  You are using it incorrectly.

We're talking about doing something one way with a specific set of criteria then you show up and puke all over the thread trying to argue the opposite point while using a different set of criteria.  That's a textbook example of a straw man.  Same thing you did in the cleric DC build thread.  Seems to be your standard MO.

You don't use up all your 25% boosters and then swap to 10% boosters.  You use the 25% boosters when it makes sense and you use the 10% boosters when it makes sense.

I don't recall doing any combines with a 1-10% success rate.  But it's been a while.  I certainly did not do any combines in the 1-9% range.  If I did do any at the ~10-20%, they were at the end and only provided perhaps ~5 skill points.  Near the end you do have to take risks, but the XP rewards are also greater.  A single ~35% combine can push you up a level, for example.  You can still make anything you want for yourself with less skill points, as long as you're willing to accept a small chance of failure.

If this is what you think is the most efficient way to level crafting, you don't even understand what we're talking about, thus you are in no position to make determinations on failure.  As usual, I might add.

Well of course I did this on a bonus weekend.  Why would I not take advantage of something offered for free?  You're the whale who would rather spend TP on things that drop in game for free...

And here's another straw man. 
A)  We're not talking about *you* and how *you* leveled and we're not talking about a crafting bonus xp weekend.  It's obvious to everyone, except you apparently, and didn't need to be pointed out that if they can wait until a crafting xp bonus weekend, it will take less essences.  Some people are not inclined to wait for months for another bonus crafting weekend and thus we're discussing the most efficient way to level crafting under normal circumstances.
B)  Your incorrect assumptions about my TP spending habits has zero bearing on the main topic of this thread.   This isn't even a good straw man.  It's just stupid.

P.S.  I loaded the Vault on a different browser without all the usual content blocking and I noticed that you quoted me in your signature.  That's really sweet of you and it's good to see you care enough to put in the effort to do that.  It seems I really got to you.   Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:26pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 9:25pm:
We're talking about doing something one way with a specific set of criteria then you show up and puke all over the thread trying to argue the opposite point while using a different set of criteria.  That's a textbook example of a straw man.

First, no.  That isn't the definition of a straw man.  Really, do as I said and look it up.  You might learn something.  And never use the word "textbook" again, you obviously have never opened one or you wouldn't be so confused about what a strawman is.

Second, the OP was entirely in the subject line.  I know you have difficulty with reading comprehension, so I'll paste it for you even though it has been in every fucking post in this 3 page thread:
Quote:
Are there any tips for lvling crafting efficiently

This was what was asked for, and this is what I provided.  A TP-free way to easily level crafting skill.  You can cry "straw man!" all day long if you like, but you're still just an idiot who can't understand the written word.
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2017 at 5:49am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #74 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
From: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html
Quote:
Description of Straw Man

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

Person A has position X.
Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
Person B attacks position Y.
Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.

Person A has position X
People say 40-50k essences + 100% potion + 35% success boosters is the quickest, most efficient way to level crafting.

Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X)
Dumdum says spending TP is the badz and not efficient.

Person B attacks position Y
Dumdum attacks spending TP and goes on to say it is better to spend time making new toons to farm tutorials for a 25% less efficient XP potion and 10% less efficient boosters and spend even more time gathering an additional 10-20k essences due to the lower efficiency of said potions and boosters.   He adds in the stipulations of no TP and using a crafting bonus weekend and which wasn't in the other peoples' suggestion because it only happens a few days per year.  Additionally, dumdum apparently doesn't realize the method of using the store bought potions and boosters would realize the same efficiency gains during a crafting bonus weekend.

Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed
Dumdum says therefore using a 10% more efficient xp potion and 10-25% more efficient success boosters is less efficient.

Dumdum used a straw man and doesn't realize it.

Frank wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 5:49am:
Second, the OP was entirely in the subject line.  I know you have difficulty with reading comprehension, so I'll paste it for you even though it has been in every fucking post in this 3 page thread:
Quote:
Are there any tips for lvling crafting efficiently

This was what was asked for, and this is what I provided.  A TP-free way to easily level crafting skill.  You can cry "straw man!" all day long if you like, but you're still just an idiot who can't understand the written word.

That's odd.  I don't see "TP-free way" in "Are there any tips for lvling crafting efficiently".
« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2017 at 3:58pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint