Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Stupid Question #2 for a RE-Newb (Read 3553 times)
Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Stupid Question #2 for a RE-Newb
Jan 4th, 2017 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Deep Gnomes.

It's a + wis race?!

I missed that somehow (by not playing or paying attention for months).

Am I misunderstanding something?

EDIT: Question for clarification--If I did a wis-based class with a Deep Gnome (assume I'm crazy enough to +1LR out of the wizzy level) I can get higher wisdom than a human wis-based class. Correct?
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2017 at 5:17pm by Head-Meat »  

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Stupid Question #2 for a RE-Newb
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
Correct.  You can start with a 20 and get +2 wis from cores in racial tree vs +1 from human.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 4th, 2017 at 9:39pm:
Correct.  You can start with a 20 and get +2 wis from cores in racial tree vs +1 from human.

SWEET.

Thanks, bro.

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
you were absent ?

didn't notice

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2017 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Illiterate wrote on Jan 4th, 2017 at 10:11pm:
you were absent ?

didn't notice

Both.

I didn't even visit this section of the Vault for months.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #5 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 5:06am
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jan 4th, 2017 at 9:41pm:
SWEET.

Thanks, bro.

Cut that bro shit whitey!!!

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #6 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Doesn't Human have the equal highest potential of any stat due to the +x stat whilst action boosts are active?

Gnome = 20base+2core
Human = 18base+1core+3boost

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #7 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 8:57am
Print Post  
Yes also need a +1 heart to drop the wiz lvl. Dont forget that.

BTW: I played thru nwn 2 with deep gnome monk... kicked ass till the end, but slow progression ofc due to lvl adjustment.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #8 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 9:06am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Jan 5th, 2017 at 7:08am:
Doesn't Human have the equal highest potential of any stat due to the +x stat whilst action boosts are active?

Gnome = 20base+2core
Human = 18base+1core+3boost

What action boosts are you using regularly on a divine?  Clerics only get Inflame, which is no help to a DC based build.  FvS and Druid (and humans) can get spellpower, which is OK, I guess, but, again, a DC based build is not typically spell power focused.  It is more CC and instakill.  Also they don't have a way to add extra action boosts.  Seems uneven to compare a permanent 22 to a 19 that can situationally be 22 for 20 seconds 5 times per rest, if you remember to click the boost.  And the AP Cost is the same, but the results are a bit different.  It would take 16 build points and 6 AP in Deep Gnome to get 20 base wisdom, +2% dodge, 4 MRR and +2 wisdom.  It would take 16 build points and 6 AP in Human to get 18 base wisdom, a 20 Spellpower boost for 100 seconds per rest, +1 wisdom, and +3 wisdom for 100 seconds per rest.

I'll take the dodge, MRR, and permanent wisdom, if max wisdom/DC is your goal.  Although the human does have the extra feat and skill points as well, which has value to the build. 

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 5th, 2017 at 9:06am:
What action boosts are you using regularly on a divine?  Clerics only get Inflame, which is no help to a DC based build.  FvS and Druid (and humans) can get spellpower, which is OK, I guess, but, again, a DC based build is not typically spell power focused.  It is more CC and instakill.  Also they don't have a way to add extra action boosts.  Seems uneven to compare a permanent 22 to a 19 that can situationally be 22 for 20 seconds 5 times per rest, if you remember to click the boost.  And the AP Cost is the same, but the results are a bit different.  It would take 16 build points and 6 AP in Deep Gnome to get 20 base wisdom, +2% dodge, 4 MRR and +2 wisdom.  It would take 16 build points and 6 AP in Human to get 18 base wisdom, a 20 Spellpower boost for 100 seconds per rest, +1 wisdom, and +3 wisdom for 100 seconds per rest.

I'll take the dodge, MRR, and permanent wisdom, if max wisdom/DC is your goal.  Although the human does have the extra feat and skill points as well, which has value to the build. 

Good points Ash, it takes people a bit to get the habit of hitting boost, having a static 22 can be much easier and you can focus on other stuff. The Benefits of the DG are pretty great as well, being the latest race the tree is tops and adds to gameplay unlike the older ones (looking at you Horc).

I would point out though that in builds that are tight on AP human is a bargain and meat would also need to consider the extra feat and not having to LR out a wiz life.

Have fun out there Meat, pretty neat to see you playing with your kids.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #10 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Good points Ash, it takes people a bit to get the habit of hitting boost, having a static 22 can be much easier and you can focus on other stuff. The Benefits of the DG are pretty great as well, being the latest race the tree is tops and adds to gameplay unlike the older ones (looking at you Horc).

I would point out though that in builds that are tight on AP human is a bargain and meat would also need to consider the extra feat and not having to LR out a wiz life.

Have fun out there Meat, pretty neat to see you playing with your kids. 

Yeah. I get all theorycrafting with this, but the reality is that I'll be leveling heroics with two first-lifers played by an 8 and a 10 year old.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #11 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jan 5th, 2017 at 12:36pm:
Yeah. I get all theorycrafting with this, but the reality is that I'll be leveling heroics with two first-lifers played by an 8 and a 10 year old.

My nine year old seems vaguely interested in starting but he's also on pretty significant electronics restriction. He would be useful for farming stuff though...

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #12 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Jan 5th, 2017 at 12:49pm:
My nine year old seems vaguely interested in starting but he's also on pretty significant electronics restriction. He would be useful for farming stuff though...

Grin

Mine are all into games. I was trying to figure out a way to leverage that for "quality time". DDO seemed like a win.

We'll see.  Smiley

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #13 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
What action boosts are you using regularly on a divine?

The most important one of all. Sprint boost. 

Quote:
(and humans) can get spellpower

The human action boost is the obvious answer for a pure cleric though.

Quote:
Inflame

Does it actually have a usage limit of 5?  It looks quite differently set up to normal enhancements on the wiki, given it's base duration of 30 seconds & 1 minute cooldown.

I always figured it was a 50% uptime action boost
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2017 at 2:29pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #14 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:42am
Print Post  

Ouch. How's your stock of res. cakes?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

SkankHunt42
Korthos Resident

Reply #15 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 11:32am
Print Post  

Oh, you're running with Fran and Darcat?

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #16 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:42am:
Ouch. How's your stock of res. cakes?

Cheesy 

Already carrying stones in Korthos. But, they don't mind. It's all new and fun for them.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

before you were born.

Reply #17 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
SkankHunt42 wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 11:32am:
Oh, you're running with Fran and Darcat?

No, he's running with some players with potential.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

before you were born.

Reply #18 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 11:39am:
Cheesy 

Already carrying stones in Korthos. But, they don't mind. It's all new and fun for them.

Explains why you were looking for a cleric life.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #19 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 9:09pm
Print Post  

With current aggro, maybe a ranged too with good diplo? Teach them to survive!

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

SirValentine
Korthos Resident

Never.

Reply #20 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 4th, 2017 at 9:39pm:
You can start with a 20 and get +2 wis from cores in racial tree vs +1 from human.

Although depending on how you spend points in your class trees, you might only be 2 Wis up on DG vs Human.

Getting +2 DG racial Wis meant getting 1 less Wis in a class tree for me.

Agreed.  Losing the Human feat hurts, but DG higher always-on Wis & other goodies won for me.

Note the skills are a wash:  the +1 from Human just matches the +2 Int a DG gets.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #21 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
SirValentine wrote on Jan 8th, 2017 at 2:06pm:
Although depending on how you spend points in your class trees, you might only be 2 Wis up on DG vs Human.

Agreed.  Losing the Human feat hurts, but DG higher always-on Wis & other goodies won for me.

Note the skills are a wash:  the +1 from Human just matches the +2 Int a DG gets.

Good person to ask, what are your dcs fully endgeared for slay/destruc/implo sburst, commands?
Will it be enough for reaper if we take into account that 10 skull is 10 more saves on mobs?
Also is sun elfs thingy in racial still bugged?

Thinking of couple build ideas for reaper, we want to mix it a bit here and there and thinking what to make out of alt.
I like the idea to make her a fulltime support /atm druid wins due to quake reaching stupid high dcs and having a check every few seconds /no helpless but could be safer then hols if they reduce hold durations unless if reapers cant be knocked which would make sense, but considering fsoul cleric and bard to a degree.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #22 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
SirValentine wrote on Jan 8th, 2017 at 2:06pm:

These are fair points.  But, the question was which one yields the higher wisdom score.  If you start bringing into AP spend choices, that gets into all kinds of build decisions.  DC's, offense vs. defense, etc. etc. 

The DG yields the highest theoretical, sustained wisdom score.  Whether that is achievable, or a good idea, for any specific build is questionable.  I agree with your in game experience.  I don't play DG much, but when I do, I rarely take two stat bumps.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint