Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Weekly (weakly) Sales? (Read 15097 times)
ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Weekly (weakly) Sales?
Jan 5th, 2017 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Looks like Standing Stone is doing away with this endless barrage of shit sales, which means HOPEFULLY they will finally do the OCCASIONAL event with actual sales and limited release items
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2017 at 11:59am by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

gravegod
Ex Member

Re: Weekly (weakly) Sales?
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jan 5th, 2017 at 11:59am:
Looks like Standing Stone is doing away with this endless barrage of shit sales, which means HOPEFULLY they will finally do the OCCASIONAL event with actual sales and limited release items

? I'm not seeing any such announcement on the mobos, Panic merchant much?
« Last Edit: Jan 5th, 2017 at 12:14pm by »  

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 1:51pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Bank storage is on sale, and +20 hearts.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Fuck this gay earth, put adventure packs on sales you fucking assholes.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Jan 5th, 2017 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jan 5th, 2017 at 6:33pm:

Or sell more fucking bank space.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:02am
Print Post  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #7 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:06am
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jan 5th, 2017 at 6:33pm:

hearts can be duped, boxes can be duped, mats can be duped, pretty much everything other than aventure packs can be duped and sold, so... do the rest of the math.

If you come to the conclusion like: "that is precisely why adv packs should be on sale" you are terrible at logic

If you realize that dupers can sell stuff for real life ddo points/AS and, as such for $$, you will understand the logic of turbine preferring selling stuff they can make more money of.  Tongue

The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

DDONoob
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:36am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Jan 5th, 2017 at 11:59am:

I was just perusing SSG's forums and was thinking there had appeared an even bigger idiot there than Fran. Maybe this goldengibbletguy is you?
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:37am by DDONoob »  
IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:41am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:06am:
hearts can be duped, boxes can be duped, mats can be duped, pretty much everything other than aventure packs can be duped and sold, so... do the rest of the math.

If you come to the conclusion like: "that is precisely why adv packs should be on sale" you are terrible at logic

If you realize that dupers can sell stuff for real life ddo points/AS and, as such for $$, you will understand the logic of turbine preferring selling stuff they can make more money of.  Tongue

So if I am understanding you, your thesis is that since anything which is an item in the game can be duplicated, that selling things which are not items is the sole way that Turbine Standing Stone Games can make money?  Because all items can and will be duplicated, and so selling them is a losing strategy?

I'm not entirely disbelieving you, it's just that I've never managed to cash in on any of the duplication fests, and so I have to believe that there are at least some other players who, like me, have never been disincentivesed against running content because they could just duplicate the items which that content rewarded.

What disincentiveses players such as myself who don't dupe items is the power creep inherent in the game.  When Thunder-Forged is no longer valid end-game gear then we either need to turn to the new Slaver's grind in order to try to keep up or we need to find some other game.

This is fairly understandable in any MMO.  The new hotness is always going to rule the roost.  Players either accept the new grind or they move on.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #10 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:55am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:41am:
Because all items can and will be duplicated, and so selling them is a losing strategy?

Opposite of that. People buy shards and point codes to buy dupped items with. He's saying the duppers act like distributors.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Way to start off with something to get everyone excited ssg.
(Blows party horn)

Weak.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 6th, 2017 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 4:06am:

If you dont believe a sale represents an increase in cash flow from whatever you are selling, then you fail at life.

If you believe that at the end of the day theyll make more money from adventure packs by not putting them on sale, you should probably off yourself before your defective genes make it into future generations.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #13 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 6:31am
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jan 6th, 2017 at 2:11pm:
If you dont believe a sale represents an increase in cash flow from whatever you are selling, then you fail at life.

If you believe that at the end of the day theyll make more money from adventure packs by not putting them on sale, you should probably off yourself before your defective genes make it into future generations.

Gosh, you cannot even read.

Wow.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Here I was making a post which was more or less wishful thinking, and it seems to have devolved into name calling and general nonsense. All of you go sit in a corner and think about how you've been behaving, and don't come out till I tell you it's ok!
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2017 at 1:26pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Not sure how you expected anything else from The Vault.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2017 at 11:51am by WeHaveLived »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #16 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jan 8th, 2017 at 6:31am:
Gosh, you cannot even read.

There's a difference between listening and agreeing you fucking idiot piece of shit.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jan 8th, 2017 at 1:43pm:
you fucking idiot piece of shit.

You are a wonderful man Foppy.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jan 8th, 2017 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Both of you.. IN THE CORNER... NOW!

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Are the manuals a good buy now? 40% off

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #20 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 4:11pm:
Are the manuals a good buy now? 40% off

Id say yes, its quite nice to have hp status of enemies if you play percantage based builds
(ranger shots, kensei shots etc).
To see hp of enemies gives you somewhat a benefit + you get freebies on the way
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2017 at 4:54pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #21 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
They add a little xp some remnants some shards and give you monster hp which , as mentioned is sometimes strategic but always fun to see. I like the manuals.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Jan 23rd, 2017 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Sounds like a big investment and i have 0 packs, so i rather just wait, hopefully theyll get on sale late. but im interested in that sale where it gets cheaper the more packs you get

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 6:01am
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jan 23rd, 2017 at 10:25pm:
Sounds like a big investment and i have 0 packs, so i rather just wait, hopefully theyll get on sale late. but im interested in that sale where it gets cheaper the more packs you get

You might be waiting a while.  They usually put packs and expansions on sale near the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

This year they claim to be releasing a new expansion so they will probably offer up some kind of perk for pre-ordering it, but if history is any judge it won't be a pre-order sale price.  Just some cosmetics and maybe a permanent hireling like the panther and owlbears.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jan 24th, 2017 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 24th, 2017 at 6:01am:
  Just some cosmetics and maybe a permanent hireling like the panther and owlbears.

Would love a panther lol  Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint