Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) OP shit in reaper (Read 39482 times)
hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: OP shit in reaper
Reply #100 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 1:32am:
snip

ruin, gruin, necrotic ray, double dots, dbf, lightning bolt, melfs acid arrow, hellball

I mean these (besides ruins) obviously aren't as good as mm, fm, cm but they are still decent.

Again, it also depends on if how well you abuse the pl:arcane initiate feature as well.

No amount of "additional mm" etc are going to make up for a stronger 5-10x gruin proc.

This convo is moot though. Shiradi's are relatively weak on the tier list for high skull reaper. If you want to dps, roll a furythrower and call it a day.

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #101 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 1:30am:
However bad we may be, we're apparently miles ahead of you.

Your sentences are comparing a quest difficulty setting to a quest level category.  It's an apples to oranges thing.  In fact, it's more like an apple to a vegetables comparison.  Two completely different categories.  It's bad, like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters bad.

The correct groupings for comparisons are:

Quest Level Categories:
  • Heroic (1-20)
  • Epic (21-30)
  • Legendary (31+)
OR

Quest Difficulty Setting:
  • Casual
  • Normal
  • Hard
  • Elite
  • Reaper

A normal person with a passable working grasp of English (not you), would likely say:

Hahahahah!  your position is so untenable you've been reduced to trying to pretend that there was some confusion about difficulty? LOL. 

We were always talking Reaper v.s. everything else, even two numbskulls like you two couldn't have missed that, now your trying to wiggle out some escape route. God help your teammates if you two play as bad as you read and debate.

IP Logged

@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Reply #102 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:10pm:
Btw, if you are doing heroics and are not playing on reaper you are a complete idiot.

LOL  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 3:57am:
Shiradi's are relatively weak on the tier list for high skull reaper. If you want to dps, roll a furythrower and call it a day.

agreed. throwers are in their glory right now. and dc casters.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #104 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 3:17pm:
agreed. throwers are in their glory right now. and dc casters.

yuuuuuup

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You were so eager to try and post that you hopped in and totally didn't understand the conversation that so far above your head, priceless. 

Dude, seriously, you better shut up. Nobody is talking about non reaper here, you were the one who started with this idioticy. The conversation is actually above YOUR head.

Your statements are so retarded, IMHO. It's not news for anyone that charm sucks at non reaper. Ill have to break it down for you to catch up, so that your 70 IQ brain can process:

-> you come here and say charming at heroics is garbage, in a thread called "OP shit in Reaper" where everyone was talking about reaper and nobody was talking about non-reaper. You do not say you were talking about non-reaper either.

-> then I come and say this is wrong, and charm are good in heroics, except on lower skulls (something that you were forced to agree later on when you said charm is good on high skulls heroics).

-> you rush through the post completely ignoring my statement that it was good in high skulls, and you drop a bunch of insults because you are retarded and made a confusion for yourself, and the only person who dragged in this confusion is you. Have to mention you were so rushed that you quoted the wrong post when doing that: you quoted my post about shiradi instead of the one related to charms. I guess you didn't notice until now.

Funny how everything you called me for doing so actually fits perfectly for you: rush through the posts, cannot understand the conversation because it's on top of your head, does not have a fucking clue, are so eager to try to post and contribute that end up only embarrassing yourself, alter your stance to requality your position... You are so funny, keep posting.

It fits so perfectly that I'll leave your own advice for you:

Quote:
OMG, how bad are you guys at reading? Conflating? really? really really? did you just rush right through the posts so you could say what you wanted without fucking reading the posts and actually understanding my point?
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2017 at 6:25am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #106 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hahahahah!  your position is so untenable you've been reduced to trying to pretend that there was some confusion about difficulty? LOL. 

We were always talking Reaper v.s. everything else, even two numbskulls like you two couldn't have missed that, now your trying to wiggle out some escape route. God help your teammates if you two play as bad as you read and debate.

Says the guy who says heroic when he meant "non-reaper" multiple times...  Roll Eyes

This is like trying to use logic and grammar with my 3-year old nephew.

Uncle:  Nephew, you're wrong because x, y, z.   
Nephew:  But q, y, z!
Uncle:  Nephew, q is not the same as x,  it doesn't make sense to use it with y and z.
Nephew:  But q!
Uncle:  Nope.
Nephew:  But why?
Uncle:  ...
Nephew:  But why?

« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2017 at 10:16pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #107 - Feb 20th, 2017 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
You dont list bard charmer builds nor sorc enchanter /charm builds.
Charms are the real op shit in reaper imho.

IP Logged

nagus
Ex Member

Reply #108 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
I've been running a crazy OP Charming terror bard build that SteelStar made. The problem for me is that while it out performs most anything else in reaper, I find watching the mobs kill each other just seems so fucking slow after the slow build to zerg has conditioned me the past couple years.

If I stop playing it won't be because reaper was too tough, it will be because it's so slow.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #109 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I've been running a crazy OP Charming terror bard build that SteelStar made. 

It's the tits for sure.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #110 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Have a link?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #111 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It's the tits for sure. 

Seconded on this request. Definite synergy on the Enchant DC's/Terror Arrow but I'm still trying to figure out how to get a throw rate high enough to make it worth it, assuming that's the direction of the build when you say Terror.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #112 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Unless the terror is PK from Gnome

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #113 - Mar 8th, 2017 at 12:43am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Mar 7th, 2017 at 9:05am:
Have a link?

harharharhar wrote on Mar 7th, 2017 at 12:29pm:
Seconded on this request.

I'll shoot Steel an email asking if I can post it. It's been kept 'in house' up until now, although I'm seeing a few more people running them on a some of the servers the last couple weeks.

« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2017 at 12:46am by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 11:49am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 11th, 2017 at 10:07pm:
ENDER set is underperfoming. I've been watching Sestra's in party, and its underperfoming compared to a Sorc insta-killer---however, the layered CC from Shiradi and survivability of those builds makes it a decent choice IMO.

I would roll a dc caster for end game reaper but I do not have the spell pen past lives, or the dc past lives and would be around 4 dc short and 9 spell pen shy. seems painful. I don't want more ranged characters as one is enough.

Been thinking what to tr my shiradi alts into because they're robot and zombie atm. Clearly fleshie in heavy armor. That leaves me at helf race, but unsure of the split. Since the builds are entirely focused on fishing for ender procs; sorc based version wins out due to highest projectile output.

Goldie's split 10/6/4? CM CL 15.

13wiz/4/3pally  CM CL 17.

sorc output; 8 cm+ 8 cm sla = 40 cm per 8 seconds. x 10 rotations is 400 every 80 seconds.

wiz output; 9 cm+9 cm sla = 36 cm every 9 seconds. x10 rotations is 360 every 90 seconds.

that means sorc will put out 88 more missiles in the same 90 second span that the wiz split takes to cast 360 projectiles. Let's say ender is 5% proc, that is 4 more procs on average? Is that worth giving up more feats, higher saves, and defender stance?

Is shiradi even worth playing now with the dps reaper penalty?

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #115 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Ses and Shav were playin' Sun elf gives for unyielding sov from racial
I also agree about wizzie > sorc. The defenses are nice.
The only thing that fucking busts my balls about wiz is cast speed. I think it's underestimated for what it gives you in survivability via speed.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 12:34pm:
Ses and Shav were playin' Sun elf gives for unyielding sov from racial
I also agree about wizzie > sorc. The defenses are nice.
The only thing that fucking busts my balls about wiz is cast speed. I think it's underestimated for what it gives you in survivability via speed.

Yeah, I thought the wiz version is better overall since it isn't a dps race anymore.

Casting speed is better for movement and coupled with quicken the sorc version moves much better than the wizard variant.

The projectile math i posted above isn't actual gameplay because who is going to sit in one spot for 90 seconds anyway? So the loss in projectile output is negligible when condensed into 10 second intervals. 56 for sorc, 45 for wiz. 11 more missiles doesn't beat out the defenses.

What other options do people have for casters if not going shiradi and do not have the past lives for a dc build? don't see anything worth.

Guess I can always roll a tank?  not going to bother meleeing in reaper with low life toons.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 1:16pm:
Yeah, I thought the wiz version is better overall since it isn't a dps race anymore.

Casting speed is better for movement and coupled with quicken the sorc version moves much better than the wizard variant. I have both with combat casting line and the sorc is by far more mobile.

The projectile math i posted above isn't actual gameplay because who is going to sit in one spot for 90 seconds anyway? So the loss in projectile output is negligible when condensed into 10 second intervals. 56 for sorc, 45 for wiz. 11 more missiles doesn't beat out the defenses.

What other options do people have for casters if not going shiradi and do not have the past lives for a dc build? don't see anything worth.

Guess I can always roll a tank?  not going to bother meleeing in reaper with low life toons.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #118 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 11:49am:
Is shiradi even worth playing now with the dps reaper penalty?

No.  But will that stop tools on the forums from calling out shiradi as op and demanding nerfs?   No.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

rockz
Korthos Resident

Reply #119 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Shiradi robot is still one of the best builds without past lives.  13/4/3 gives you no fail fort/will, high pr/mr, high hp, and works with bladeforged without a +heart.

Nerve venom and solid fog are pretty effective cc.  LGS salt makes a big difference too.  The dps is good on average and very good in spikes (sp limited).

It works well with ender if you have it.

One bonus to mm builds, they can shoot around corners from complete safety.  Handy if you're facing death archers in r3 or higher.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #120 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Shiradi is still the highest single target dps build in the game IF you use pl: ai + g ruin multiproc trick.

It is still strong for aoe dps IF you have pots.

If I were rolling a first life caster (assuming I still retained my playing experience), I'd probably roll this.

If I had a lot of pots, I'd do this. I'd advise practicing pl: ai + g ruin multiproc till you average it roughly ~20-40% of the time depending on lag {hint: you can do things to elevate lag in the instance prior to attempting multiproc}. Hitting a mob for 400k+ is flat out broken if you can get it to work, granted on r10 this is more like 30k (which is still equally high relative to other people's dps options).

If I had negligible pots, I'd go with shiradi warlock. Nerve venom + faltering blast + confusion procs + salt + cone shape + situational dark delirium -> a substantial amount of cc. Not to mention that evards will still work situationally. Additionally wings + staunch + feigned health -> allows you to survive hits even in r10 against most mobs even without tricked out epls.

Also while I think enders probably is hands down the best set, I think there might be a case to be made for the confusion proc lgs set for shiradi builds, but I haven't tested it. Theoretically you should be able to perma confuse groups of mobs: regardless the proc will be weaker with additional updates (ravenloft) due to the effect being DC based (dc 90 will won't last forever as nearly no fail).

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:10am
Print Post  
rockz wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 11:00am:
Shiradi robot is still one of the best builds without past lives.

LGS salt makes a big difference too.

It works well with ender if you have it.

"Without past lives" immediately followed by end game gear and really end game gear.  Love it.

hydra wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 3:36pm:
Shiradi is still the highest single target dps build in the game IF you use pl: ai + g ruin multiproc trick.

It is still strong for aoe dps IF you have pots.

If I were rolling a first life caster (assuming I still retained my playing experience), I'd probably roll this.

Takes pains to capitalize "IF" pl, (the same with "IF" you are a whale) rolls right into "If I were rolling a first life caster" I'd play this build.  Love it.

This forum didn't used to be inhabited by people who couldn't put together a few paragraphs with any internal consistency.  Or am I just getting nostalgic in my dotage, and it was always all idiots, all the time?

Rubbinns wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 1:17pm:
What other options do people have for casters if not going shiradi and do not have the past lives for a dc build?

You don't need past lives for charm/suggestion/hold (hell you don't even need them for finger, etc.  You only need to be smarter than ->|<- this stick and be able to pick your quests and targets in those quests with a little but of forethought), which is why charms and vorpals are the new shiradi for people to hate on.  Because the people on that forum are just as stupid and will always hate on anything they aren't busy using for themselves.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #122 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:10am:
You don't need past lives for charm/suggestion/hold

yes, you do. Spell Pen is a thing, fam.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #123 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 11:13am:
yes, you do. Spell Pen is a thing, fam. 

Frank wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:10am:
You only need to be smarter than ->|<- this stick and be able to pick your quests and targets in those quests

See the above.  But if you aren't smarter than ->|<- this stick you can be forgiven.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 12:58pm:
See the above.  But if you aren't smarter than ->|<- this stick you can be forgiven.

if you continue to be such a cocksmoker you will get lung stds.

spell pen, you fucking faggot

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint