Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) OP shit in reaper (Read 39520 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: OP shit in reaper
Reply #50 - Jan 22nd, 2017 at 11:35am
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Jan 22nd, 2017 at 11:06am:
Smiley Why all the hate guys Smiley

If you don't like what Overvaan has to say, just ignore him...

Not quite sure how many of you are on Cannith, but Overvaan is without a doubt one of the top 3 players on there...

He comes and goes, as I think he is back from a long absence, but he has been around for years, and he is a really really good player...and builder as well, and despite his somewhat aggressive posting style is rather fun to group with in game actually.

+1

hi welcome

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #51 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 20th, 2017 at 11:17am:
EDIT:  If you want to keep it to yourself and your friends, that's totally cool.  I get that as well.  Lots of folks keep stuff quiet when they discover it and take advantage of it.  But keeping it to yourself means keeping it to yourself.  Not mentioning it in vague terms and making unsubstantiated claims that you refuse to back up.

This sums it up perfectly.

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 12:49am
Print Post  
I'm afraid that Instal kills; spells, terror missiles, etc shouldn't be on this list.

The deathward property of Champions is not only ubiquitous but cannot be dispelled by Dispel spells or Dispel missiles. Any 3 or more skull rating is going to insure you will see multiples of them in every encounter.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2017 at 1:31am by »  

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Jan 27th, 2017 at 12:49am:
I'm afraid that Instal kills; spells, terror missiles, etc shouldn't be on this list.

The deathward property of Champions is not only ubiquitous but cannot be dispelled by Dispel spells or Dispel missiles. Any 3 or more skull rating is going to insure you will see multiples of them in every encounter.

That's kinda sad.  Kills some unique character builds in Reaper.

IP Logged

nagus
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Jan 27th, 2017 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
That kinda sucks, but Terror builds had a good run of over a year.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 11:58am
Print Post  
you know the majority of the champions do not  have deathblock

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #56 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jan 29th, 2017 at 11:58am:

+1
This.

My play testing indicated that even with the random deathblock you're better off pretending it works because the debuffs are so large.

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #57 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jan 29th, 2017 at 11:58am:

From the latest Lamma testing: Even in only 3 skull ToEE I  74 of the 78 champions had the new champion deathward. In Slaver I 87 out of 90 had it. 

If you look at the posts and comments of the devs it is a conscious decision to use it and to lump even more insta-kills into its protection. I.E. hurl, trap the soul.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Jan 29th, 2017 at 5:59pm:
From the latest Lamma testing: Even in only 3 skull ToEE I  74 of the 78 champions had the new champion deathward. In Slaver I 87 out of 90 had it. 

If you look at the posts and comments of the devs it is a conscious decision to use it and to lump even more insta-kills into its protection. I.E. hurl, trap the soul. 

That's new than. The funny part about this is that in this case raids are going to be easier than the quests, exactly the opposite than LE-. I guess all those people saying at the forums instakills are OP in reaper are wrong than. Did you run it on the last build they opened?

But still, the non-champion mobs are there. Instakill will work on them while DPS on the champs. Actually, the opposite of how it should work: instakill should be about quickly dealing with selected key targets and DPS for trash. Like in PnP.
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2017 at 7:27pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #59 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jan 29th, 2017 at 7:24pm:
That's new than. The funny part about this is that in this case raids are going to be easier than the quests, exactly the opposite than LE-. I guess all those people saying at the forums instakills are OP in reaper are wrong than. Did you run it on the last build they opened?

But still, the non-champion mobs are there. Instakill will work on them while DPS on the champs. Actually, the opposite of how it should work: instakill should be about quickly dealing with selected key targets and DPS for trash. Like in PnP.

Yes It's new and we did test it extensively as we could in the most recent Lamma build. That's where my deathward numbers for ToEE and Slaver came from. I would also point out that once anyone starts running anything 3+ skulls in reaper the number of champs starts growing greatly, in many cases making up over half the mobs.

Of course, these changes will have impact well beyond Reaper, in that you will run into the new champs in hard and elite as well. In lamma testing the champion deathward ability showed up on tier one champs right away. The hamstringing of insta-kills is a sea-change for the game, and obviously a premeditated choice.

Here is a link to Cocomo answering some questions about it, look at the last third of his post where it's addressed in regards to hurl, trap-the-soul, and even prismatic spray being stopped by the new champ deathwards.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/482803-Third-U34-Lamannia-Preview-1-24...

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 1:27am
Print Post  
That's drastically different results of dw % on champs than I recorded from version 3 of reaper on lamm in toee pt 1 on skulls 5,7,8,10. I wonder if they modified the templates more than just dw freq.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #61 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 10:02am
Print Post  
nerfing instakills really smells...I guess I should stop working on my 5 piece slaver set...

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 11:03am
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 10:02am:
nerfing instakills really smells...I guess I should stop working on my 5 piece slaver set...

Well take for instance 10 skull shroud. 40k becomes ~480k. Should you be able to do 480k damage on instakill? That's the problem with % damage, either % max or % current... it scales with the mob hp. If you don't have drastically reduced instakills someway, than they are pure win in quests/raids with lots of trash.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 11:03am:
Well take for instance 10 skull shroud. 40k becomes ~480k. Should you be able to do 480k damage on instakill? That's the problem with % damage, either % max or % current... it scales with the mob hp. If you don't have drastically reduced instakills someway, than they are pure win in quests/raids with lots of trash.

Hi Welcome

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 2:19pm:
Hi Welcome

Hi Welcome

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #65 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 9:02pm:
Hi Welcome

you have less posts than letters in the the quote

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 9:39pm:
you have less posts than letters in the the quote

on this account, sure

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #67 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 9:46pm:
on this account, sure

apparently you're just fucking retarded then

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:24am
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Jan 30th, 2017 at 11:03am:

Bad news for you than: raids doesn't have champions. So if you consider that it is in raids where mobs have more HP than quests, none of this makes any sense.

BTW, did they change ender? I haven't read any of that in the notes. Woo-woo + ender +/or vorpal is going to be nice.

Was thinking about a paladin S&B with purple dragon shield + nightmare. Lays still not affected by the healing penality?

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #69 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:24am:
BTW, did they change ender? I haven't read any of that in the notes. Woo-woo + ender +/or vorpal is going to be nice.

You're Retarded as well. Ender has a 5k threshold there's no reason for it to be changed. Tell us are you really this stupid or do you just play heroic norm exclusively?

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Quote:
You're Retarded as well. Ender has a 5k threshold there's no reason for it to be changed. Tell us are you really this stupid or do you just play heroic norm exclusively?

5k = about 54k HP on R10. Idk why do you think people are retarded just to ask a question, go find a psychologist

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:24am:
Bad news for you than: raids doesn't have champions. So if you consider that it is in raids where mobs have more HP than quests, none of this makes any sense.

Was thinking about a paladin S&B with purple dragon shield + nightmare. Lays still not affected by the healing penality?

Correction. Raids aren't supposed to have champions. Well except Leg shroud pt 5. (I didn't get to test raids all that much but I think they might have introd reapers and champs into them natively as well, pretty sure Tongue)

In any case, you are right the problem isn't fixed. Fiend warlocks will be tip top.

I didn't specifically test ender but I would assume it would be affected just like hurl, prismatics, etc. given that its classified as an "instant" death effect.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:49pm by hydra »  

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Feb 1st, 2017 at 12:33am
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Jan 31st, 2017 at 9:47pm:

Hmmm... what is that familiar smell?  Cool Cool Cool

IP Logged

tapster
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Jan 27th, 2017 at 12:49am:

Couple of things then:-

1 - Does Globe of Invulnerability still remove deathward in reaper?

2 - This all kinda infers that the devs can't fix terror imbues so they just handed out deathwards to any mob that wanted it...

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #74 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Regarding Ender . . . our Warlock in the 7 Skull TS with Ender set who normally dominates the kill count got a total of 4 kills - all ender's procs.

Seems to work, but can say it's working great.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint