Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) OP shit in reaper (Read 39463 times)
Forest
Ex Member

Re: OP shit in reaper
Reply #75 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 11:56am
Print Post  
tapster wrote on Feb 7th, 2017 at 9:39am:
Couple of things then:-

1 - Does Globe of Invulnerability still remove deathward in reaper?

Not on the champs, their deathward is a property not a spell so dispel don't touch it.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2017 at 11:57am by »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #76 - Feb 11th, 2017 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
Some observations.

1. Reaper is an insta-kill fest.
2. DOD wolves with a hold bot are fucking amazing.
3. Tanks are actually viable. They determine the difficulty you can comfortably play on above skull 5.
4. ENDER set is underperfoming. I've been watching Sestra's in party, and its underperfoming compared to a Sorc insta-killer---however, the layered CC from Shiradi and survivability of those builds makes it a decent choice IMO.
5. I believe melee may be debuffed less than ranged. This is incidental, but melee builds seem to be really tearing it up relatively---so long as CC is up.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Feb 11th, 2017 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 11th, 2017 at 10:07pm:
Some observations.

3. Tanks are actually viable. They determine the difficulty you can comfortably play on above skull 5.
4. ENDER set is underperfoming. I've been watching Sestra's in party, and its underperfoming compared to a Sorc insta-killer---however, the layered CC from Shiradi and survivability of those builds makes it a decent choice IMO.
5. I believe melee may be debuffed less than ranged. This is incidental, but melee builds seem to be really tearing it up relatively---so long as CC is up.

I have found the ender set to be pretty horrible. That combined with the steep cost for maintaining full dps on a shiradi build (spamming ruin/gruin) - I've swapped to primarily playing my furythrower for dps. Sense Weakness + burst damage + ips -> its actually quite fun. And I don't have to chug 50-70 pots for a single 10 skull dungeon.

I also think that charms are way over performing. Misadventure has been mvp of a lot of my recent runs Smiley. Still haven't decided if I like sorc or lock better for a dc caster - atm I'm leaning lock just because the instakills are straight up broken.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #78 - Feb 11th, 2017 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
right lol

The charming is fucking great. Been a long time since it was interesting.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #79 - Feb 12th, 2017 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 11th, 2017 at 10:22pm:
right lol

The charming is fucking great. Been a long time since it was interesting.

How long do charms last in epic/legendary?

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Feb 12th, 2017 at 4:15pm:
How long do charms last in epic/legendary?

No change, they haven't touched duration so if you can maintain a high enough DC your good to go. Bards look to be the nastiest purveyor of this in 5-9skull pushing musical fascinate into suggestion ignoring SR and such.  SS's old man had half gnolls killing the other half in slavers III the other night.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #81 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Ran some 5 skull last night, and throwing charm before hold is kinda funny as some mobs will beat up others.   It doesn't last long, but it's worth casting still.

Mass charm has to be OP in Heroics

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #82 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Feb 13th, 2017 at 4:39pm:
Mass charm has to be OP in Heroics

Not at all, in heroic people kill shit way before you can because it's so dps zerg focused and on the rare occasion my wiz gets one off people get so pissed if the charmed mob is holding up quest progression.  Kinda one of my fav forms of passive-aggressive griefing. Who knew I was making a reaper wiz the whole time!
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2017 at 6:59pm by »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Quote:
Not at all, in heroic people kill shit way before you can because it's so dps zerg focused and on the rare occasion my wiz gets one off people get so pissed if the charmed mob is holding up quest progression.  Kinda one of my fav forms of passive-aggressive griefing. Who knew I was making a reaper wiz the whole time!

Play something other than R1 then you say this again

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:33am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Feb 11th, 2017 at 10:07pm:
Some observations.

Shiradis are overvalued, but that wiz/fvs/pal splash is beyond overvalued. The wiz/fvs/wlk too. People watch sestra video and think these builds are awesome, because Sestra is playing these splashes. Idiots who see a build and copy without understanding it. If they knew anything, they would be playing a sorc base. At least this last one can cope with a warlock or a pure sorc (not  necro).
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:34am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #85 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:33am:
Shiradis are overvalued, but that wiz/fvs/pal splash is beyond overvalued. The wiz/fvs/wlk too. People watch sestra video and think these builds are awesome, because Sestra is playing these splashes. Idiots who see a build and copy without understanding it. If they knew anything, they would be playing a sorc base. At least this last one can cope with a warlock or a pure sorc (not  necro).

Do you suffer from brain damage or penis envy? 

We were talking about charm in heroics and how it doesn't work because of the delay or at least that was my point. I run my Bard in 5-9 skull and he is a absolute beast because of my armies of charmed mobs beating the shit out of everything.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Quote:
Do you suffer from brain damage or penis envy? 

We were talking about charm in heroics and how it doesn't work because of the delay or at least that was my point. I run my Bard in 5-9 skull and he is a absolute beast because of my armies of charmed mobs beating the shit out of everything.

So your party is killing shit before you can charm them, on high skulls? Who are you trying to impress? Sorry I don't envy what doesn't exist.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Most OP reaper shit.....don't play it.

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #88 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Feb 15th, 2017 at 11:10am:
So your party is killing shit before you can charm them, on high skulls? Who are you trying to impress? Sorry I don't envy what doesn't exist.

OMG. I really hope you're purposfully trolling and not actually this friggen stupid.

Try to follow along: 

-Charm is fantastic in Reaper because the charmed mobs are so effective with the debuff on player damage.

-Charm is not fantastic in heroic because everyone kills shit so quick and hate having to wait on charmed mobs.

All caught up know you thick-skulled abortion?

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Quote:
OMG. I really hope you're purposfully trolling and not actually this friggen stupid.

Try to follow along: 

-Charm is fantastic in Reaper because the charmed mobs are so effective with the debuff on player damage.

-Charm is not fantastic in heroic because everyone kills shit so quick and hate having to wait on charmed mobs.

It would be quite difficult for an abortion to be thick-skulled.  That is something to be proud of if accomplished.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #90 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Feb 15th, 2017 at 11:50am:
It would be quite difficult for an abortion to be thick-skulled.  That is something to be proud of if accomplished.

+1 lmao

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:33am:

Problem with sorc base is that you can't splash a defensive class on it (monk, pally). This means that you can't be fleshie - have to be undead. Also defenses are a lot lower. Undead healing is a bitch in reaper.

Also there's a lot of debate about the sorc version vs the wiz/fvs/lock version. While the sorc version destroyed in terms of aoe content, it had lower single target dps. Also now that hellball doesn't work for mok, the extra caster levels in arcane blast are nice.

Still imo shiradis aren't great atm.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #92 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Try to follow along: 

Not sure he's the stupid one.  Heroic and Reaper are not mutually exclusive.   You seem to be incorrectly conflating Reaper with Epics. 

In a 10-skull heroic mission, player damage would be mitigated to the point that charming mobs would be "fantastic" for the same reasons it would be in 10-skull epic missions.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2017 at 5:54pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Feb 15th, 2017 at 3:54pm:
it had lower single target dps.

how? On any rotation the sorc comes out ahead in casts.

wiz fm per 10 seconds is 2 and half casts, sorc gets 4 casts

wiz mm per 10 seconds is 5 casts, sorc gets 6 casts

same goes for any other spells included in rotation.

hydra wrote on Feb 15th, 2017 at 3:54pm:
Problem with sorc base is that you can't splash a defensive class on it (monk, pally). This means that you can't be fleshie

you can be fleshie and you get the same healing that wiz version has, unless comparing to the pally splashed versions gaining slightly more devotion from per point spent in defender.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2017 at 5:54pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 15th, 2017 at 5:49pm:
how? On any rotation the sorc comes out ahead in casts.

wiz fm per 10 seconds is 2 and half casts, sorc gets 4 casts

wiz mm per 10 seconds is 5 casts, sorc gets 6 casts

same goes for any other spells included in rotation.

you can be fleshie and you get the same healing that wiz version has, unless comparing to the pally splashed versions gaining slightly more devotion from per point spent in defender.

wiz also has a lot more to cast (btw if going sorc and undead you can't take all 3 of necro aura / burst / and force missile).

Warlock adds replenishable spell boost, 10% crit multi, and higher universal spell power.

------------------------------

If you are fleshie, you open yourself up to a shit ton of vulnerabilities. Pally lets you get your saves up to no fail levels.
If you aren't a fleshie, wiz version also lets you take monk and wraith form for better defenses.

I'm not saying the wiz/lock/fvs version is better. I'm just saying that there are reasons to consider it and also scenarios in which its clearly better. Reaper is one of those (unless you are willing to deal with undead healing / bringing a cleric with harm or standing on top of a pm

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #95 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Feb 15th, 2017 at 5:47pm:
Not sure he's the stupid one.  Heroic and Reaper are not mutually exclusive.   You seem to be incorrectly conflating Reaper with Epics. 

In a 10-skull heroic mission, player damage would be mitigated to the point that charming mobs would be "fantastic" for the same reasons it would be in 10-skull epic missions.

Double OMG, how bad are you guys at reading? Conflating? really? really really? did you just rush right through the posts so you could say what you wanted without fucking reading the posts and actually understanding my point?

My bard charmer and other charmers are only okay in heroic quests.  That is because in non-reaper the other player dps is so bad ass that they are chewing up mobs before I can even get around to charming them, and when I do charm them it is a pain in the ass because everyone is waiting around for me to dismiss it because we are zerging through content in heroic. (including heroic, epic, legendary... duh...)

Meanwhile (as I have repeated numerous fucking times now guys..) My charmer are kicking ass in any reaper over say 3skulls because  the mobs that I charm are hitting harder then the debuff'd players and they are incredibly helpful in completing quests.

Got it?

-In heroic, epic, legendary, Charmer = blah

-In 3skull or higher Reaper, Charmer =  Yippee!

You and the other reading comp fails need to either learn to read or maybe stop eating lead paint. Yikes!
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:08pm by »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Double OMG, how bad are you guys at reading? Conflating? really? really really? did you just rush right through the posts so you could say what you wanted without fucking reading the posts and actually understanding my point?

My bard charmer and other charmers are only okay in heroic quests.  That is because in non-reaper

Stopped reading right here. Seems the one actually rushing through the posts is you, you fucktard. Nobody is talking about non reaper on this thread.

Btw, if you are doing heroics and are not playing on reaper you are a complete idiot.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:15pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #97 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Feb 15th, 2017 at 7:10pm:
Stopped reading

Wrong! you would have actually had to have started reading to be able to stop reading. I love how you try to throw it back on me that you didn't have a fucking clue LMFAO. You were so eager to try and post that you hopped in and totally didn't understand the conversation that so far above your head, priceless.  Watching you try to contribute would be painful if it wasn't so gosh darn funny to watch you repeatedly try and requalify your position and alter your stance, you're a very funny guy! Shame you can't play.

Now one more time for the record and to get back on track as you keep trying to make it about your feels:  Charmers work wonders in Reaper runs at 3Skulls and higher, which is ironic because they are shit in normal non-reaper play.  In other news VA is want's to belong sooo badly. LOL.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2017 at 10:58pm by »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #98 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 1:30am
Print Post  
Quote:
Double OMG, how bad are you guys at reading?

However bad we may be, we're apparently miles ahead of you.

Your sentences are comparing a quest difficulty setting to a quest level category.  It's an apples to oranges thing.  In fact, it's more like an apple to a vegetables comparison.  Two completely different categories.  It's bad, like crossing the streams in Ghostbusters bad.

The correct groupings for comparisons are:

Quest Level Categories:
  • Heroic (1-20)
  • Epic (21-30)
  • Legendary (31+)
OR

Quest Difficulty Setting:
  • Casual
  • Normal
  • Hard
  • Elite
  • Reaper

Quote:
-In heroic, epic, legendary, Charmer = blah <--- These are quest level categories and can all be run in reaper difficulty

-In 3skull or higher Reaper, Charmer =  Yippee! <--- This is a quest difficulty setting.  Heroic, Epic and Legendary quests can all be run in Reaper.

A normal person with a passable working grasp of English (not you), would likely say:
Quote:
In casual/normal/hard/elite difficulty, a charmer = blah.

In reaper 3-skull or higher difficulty, Charmers = Yipee!.

« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2017 at 1:33am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #99 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 1:32am
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Feb 15th, 2017 at 6:14pm:
btw if going sorc and undead you can't take all 3 of necro aura / burst / and force missile).

Can give up chain missile sla and take 11 sorc. 11/5/4. loses chain miss sla and is adding burst, aura, FM for 4th level spells and 2nd DoT for your 5th level. Not really a need to do that unless you really wanted more single target dps.

But even without the FM in rotation there really isnt much else to throw into the shiradis.

MM
Scorching Ray(if not fire immune)
Frost Lance(if not cold immune)
Arcane Pulse dot every 3.

The rest of the spells are filler :
Nimbus of Light to keep up empyrean once every 10 seconds.
Arcane Bolt for MoK stacks every 10 seconds.
DoT every 10 seconds(2 dots if wizard).
Maybe Melf's every 12.
TR missiles.
Ruins.

Even without FM the sorc version puts up more missiles and rays over time. This adds up to 6 MM every 9 seconds vs 5 mm every 10 seconds for wizards. Ray is 4 casts every 7 seconds vs 4 casts every 10 seconds for wizards. Not much in short rotations but over the course of 50 seconds the sorc has cast an extra 10+ spells.

hydra wrote on Feb 15th, 2017 at 6:14pm:
Warlock adds replenishable spell boost, 10% crit multi, and higher universal spell power.

Fleshie would be best way to heal for reaper and the pally splash wins out ahead for survival from defender stance. But the sorc version is still ahead in dps

warlock splashed is 70 more spell power. Possibly slightly more power since not using pale tree in reaper and getting more ap for warlock trees.

For overall performance in reaper I would rank them

Wiz Pally
Sorc
Wiz lock

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint