Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Free Summonable Gold Seal Lion for VIP's (Read 12643 times)
Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Free Summonable Gold Seal Lion for VIP's
Jan 28th, 2017 at 8:02am
Print Post  
Sounds like a reskinned onyx panther.

https://www.ddo.com/en/vipfreegift

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Re: Free Summonable Gold Seal Lion for VIP's
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 10:01am
Print Post  
I have never been a subscriber. I haven't gotten the earlier pets either. Is this worth subscribing for the first time?

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 10:13am
Print Post  
I have all the gold seal hires. They all suck except perhaps at pulling levers and in wilderness zones. If you play on elite they will do little to nothing except die fast.  If you start on an iconic and do low-level quests for favor, you can go AFK while your hires do a handful of quests. They also can speed up some quests if you're just too lazy to attack shit and running low-level quests just for favor. If you get pissed off at a shitty vale PUG you can pull one out to bomb the parties XP.
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2017 at 10:29am by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
It's cool, but it would be better if it wasn't the exact same level as the Onyx Panther and only a few levels higher than the heroic Owlbear.  Would rather have seen it placed higher into epics.  Where we have fewer solid hirelings.  I am guessing they placed it here because:

A)  It is just a reskined Onyx Panther and
B)  Level 20 hireling summonable at level 18 is something that people can use in both late heroics and early epics.  So it fits a wider player segment.

Not trying to compain about free stuff, btw.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 28th, 2017 at 12:08pm:

I am!

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #5 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
They are handy to group initial aggro for you in heroics.  Hirelings in general anyway.  They seem to pull/get seen sooner than my characters are.  What I find annoying is summoning the lvl 18 when you are lvl16 and you don't get bb anymore.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 28th, 2017 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Jan 28th, 2017 at 2:37pm:
What I find annoying is summoning the lvl 18 when you are lvl16 and you don't get bb anymore.

It's like a dev troll. Onyx just says min level 18 to summon.  No actual level in parentheses like the owl bears to indicate the level of the thing. 

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #7 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 28th, 2017 at 12:08pm:
It's cool, but it would be better if it wasn't the exact same level as the Onyx Panther and only a few levels higher than the heroic Owlbear.  Would rather have seen it placed higher into epics.  Where we have fewer solid hirelings.  I am guessing they placed it here because:

A)  It is just a reskined Onyx Panther and
B)  Level 20 hireling summonable at level 18 is something that people can use in both late heroics and early epics.  So it fits a wider player segment.

The Lvl 25 Owlbear is a Joke already, The Lvl 26 Fighter Hireling: Kieran is a joke already.
What is the point in adding another joke Melee Hireling at a level where they cannot possibly contribute due to not doing anything like enough DPS and having Player Character lvl HPs rather than Mob Lvl HPs?

If it was a Divine or Rogue hireling then yes, by all means have it be Lvl 30 because that'd be actually useful!
But it's a Melee Hire and really Melee Hires don't scale into Epics well enough to be worth using {actually they don't scale into Heroic Elite enough to be worth using!}.

Lvl 14/15 would be the OPTIMUM point to put a new Permenent Melee hireling.
A Lvl where it wouldn't break BB for Iconics starting out even if they do as many do and start with Lordsmarch/Invaders/Relic and Sands {so they don't break streak by not running EE}.

The Owlbears are pretty bad at levers too - They don't like using them, the Panther is much better.
Literally the only thing the Owlbears get pulled out for is Burning Heart/Xorian stand here!

A Lioness at Lvl 15 would be perfect - And if you're only going to use it for levers/runes etc. anyway why does it have to be Epic ready? Mikayl isn't Epic Ready, It doesn't stop you from calling him in Epics when you need a DDoor and you can't self cast it!
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2017 at 9:45am by FranOhmsford »  

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #8 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 9:52am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jan 29th, 2017 at 9:44am:
The Lvl 25 Owlbear is a Joke already, The Lvl 26 Fighter Hireling: Kieran is a joke already.
What is the point in adding another joke Melee Hireling at a level where they cannot possibly contribute due to not doing anything like enough DPS and having Player Character lvl HPs rather than Mob Lvl HPs?

If it was a Divine or Rogue hireling then yes, by all means have it be Lvl 30 because that'd be actually useful!
But it's a Melee Hire and really Melee Hires don't scale into Epics well enough to be worth using {actually they don't scale into Heroic Elite enough to be worth using!}.

A Lvl where it wouldn't break BB for Iconics starting out even if they do as many do and start with Lordsmarch/Invaders/Relic and Sands {so they don't break streak by not running EE}.

The Owlbears are pretty bad at levers too - They don't like using them, the Panther is much better.
Literally the only thing the Owlbears get pulled out for is Burning Heart/Xorian stand here!

A Lioness at Lvl 15 would be perfect - And if you're only going to use it for levers/runes etc. anyway why does it have to be Epic ready? Mikayl isn't Epic Ready, It doesn't stop you from calling him in Epics when you need a DDoor and you can't self cast it!

Eh.  You are just salty about the owlbear hireling because it owns you in the kill count.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #9 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 29th, 2017 at 9:52am:
Eh.  You are just salty about the owlbear hireling because it owns you in the kill count.

Lol - Have you actually ever used it?

It can't even own the Panther in the kill count!

And I'm the guy who got Wyoh top of the Kill count in a full Eye of the Titan group - I'd be very very happy if the Owlbear could own me in the killcount, My problem is it CAN'T!
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2017 at 10:11am by FranOhmsford »  

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jan 29th, 2017 at 9:44am:

The amusing thing is that these particular points are relatively valid. 

Yes, it would be more beneficial to get a divine or rogue hireling.  Yes, level 15 would be a more useful ML for many people.  Yes, owlbears are even worse at levers than the regular hireling due to their huge model/hitbox.

Does posting this here have any chance of getting these things changed?  No, so why bother?  Post them on the other forums and maybe a dev will agree.  Pretty small chance, even there, but better than the zero from here.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
me happy >_<

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
A great, another useless crap to clutter the inventory.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #13 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jan 29th, 2017 at 2:35pm:
A great, another useless crap to clutter the inventory.

Didn't you see the part where it goes into the hireling folder?  Shouldn't add any extra space.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #14 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 29th, 2017 at 3:06pm:
Didn't you see the part where it goes into the hireling folder?  Shouldn't add any extra space.

Droll.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 29th, 2017 at 3:06pm:

Do i look like im rich enough to buy one of them fancy hireling folders?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #16 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Lhynn wrote on Jan 29th, 2017 at 5:18pm:
Do i look like im rich enough to buy one of them fancy hireling folders?

It's 195 tp for a medium one.  That's like $2 worth of tp not on sale or anything.  In Volume points sale it is a dollar.  I don't know how rich you are but I didn't think that was out of the price range.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #17 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Ps. You can get tp for free in game as well.  Also since you only get it with a VIP sub, you can afford that so this isn't much more especially since you get 500 tp anyways each month.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Jan 29th, 2017 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 29th, 2017 at 8:46pm:
Ps. You can get tp for free in game as well.  Also since you only get it with a VIP sub, you can afford that so this isn't much more especially since you get 500 tp anyways each month.

Stop trying to be reasonable you asshole.
Anyway, my TP will be spent on better things, maybe.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 12:10am
Print Post  
I believe I own all the permanent hirelings.

The Onyx Panther was a bit of beast when it was first released. IIRC it was during one of the hireling trap dancing eras. However, eventually the AI for hirelings was "fixed" and the panther started sucking, while other hirelings got less stupid. With the level increase and burgerking crowns added, the panther lost alot of its luster, since it could originally hold it's own in the lower to mid-Epics.

The owlbears outright sucked coming out of the gate. I think they Devs had to fuck around with their stats at least twice because they had no DR and did no damage. After the fixes, the owlbears went from worthless to ok. They still suck though. And a major complaint from people was that they could get stuck in doors and stop following players.

The best permanent hireling was the level 3 cleric from the Starter Pack. Unfortunately, unlike ALL other permanent and Gold seal hirelings, this one cannot be used 2 levels below its level; so you have to wait until level 3 to use it.

If you need a lever puller, the permanent hires are great. Although the owlbears are a special breed of retarded with levers.

What's needed is a level 15 healer hireling . Or a level 15 Kobold Shaman hireling. Yes, I went there! a kobold hireling!

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #20 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Drone Hangar ( aka hireling Folder ) : waste of TP.

Like all the containers it's BTC... no way I'm going to waste TPs ( well DP ) over that got caught once with a Gargantuan Cookie Jar I thought I could pass along to my current levelling toon... Not going to get caught ever again.

So another Kitty is just another lost bank or inventory space. It's not as if we had many of them and they weren't already taken by useful things.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 11:00am
Print Post  
I remember being bored in some low level epics and respec'ing my cleric to run an aura, popping all the hire's (panther, both owls, and then either a melee or rogue hire depending on the quest) and just piking the entire things. I didn't really like the cleric lives so I just piked EH's one life while the hires killed everything. Took forever, the cat died half the time and needed rez'd, but it worked. So basically, the hires are about as good as most PUG's. Smiley

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 11:29am
Print Post  
I can't get the link at the top of the page to work, where was the official announcement?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #23 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 11:44am
Print Post  
I had an email, shockingly, it was in my spam folder.  The link from the email worked.
https://www.ddo.com/en/vipfreegift  looks the same as above.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #24 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 11:49am
Print Post  
How to do this right:

As a thank you from Standing Stone Games, starting February 6th, active VIPs can receive a special gift! Simply sign in and log into a character on your VIP account before March 15th to get an account-wide permanent, level-scaling, Kobold Rogue Hireling for all your characters, forever!

The Alabaster Kobold Figurine of Wondrous Power:

- Rogue Hireling spawns with a level matching that of the summoner.
- Is a Kobold!
- Contract never expires!
- Contract can be activated anywhere in non-raid dungeons / landscapes!
- Contract fits in Hireling Folders
- Compatible with other permanent Hirelings, like the Onyx Panther or Owlbear Defender

every single active player would sign up for 1-3 months of vip immediately

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint