Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Need thrower build for Reaper. (Read 8877 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Need thrower build for Reaper.
Reply #25 - Feb 3rd, 2017 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 11:11pm:
I like your ideas, didnt even consider para thforged, tnx for insight.
Doesnt the no refresh for para arrows make that a considerable nerf?
(il use it if only for the mov speed debuff, i thought to focus on hamstring/icy stance and perhaps leg shots to minimize mob mov speed).

Didnt test a shuri on lama, only tested a xbow pet build while oozes were broken xD

My experience playing with Para imbue on a shuri last night on a build with 56 Wisdom but no investment in Enchant DC was that the new nerf was painful. Things stay paralyzed less of the time because it cannot immediately refresh the stacks and it takes a while to get it to stick. With a high enough DC maybe it's still worth it, but on a DPS focused toon just skip it. Better to twist Whistler/Pin and maybe use a CC LGS like salt. (I'm still using Radiance but want to try some others). Ideally people would pick up Adamantine bypass somehow so we could rely on LGS Ice for CC.

Para TF has a long cooldown unless something changed and is/was totally worthless.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Feb 4th, 2017 at 12:00am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 11:44pm:
When posted that I hadn't played (I work, no time for Lamm during the week).

I played last night for a couple hours on various skull levels up to 5 for a slavers pt 1.

I'm not theorycrafting anything, but I did confirm what I already suspected. DPS is king, non-DC CC is no longer just fun to play with but necessary above 1-3 skulls.

Mitigation of magic damage is really the only problem with your run of the mill shuriken build. Most magic damage can be avoided or mitigated, but not all and sometimes with a pack of shamans or whatever you just can't avoid it all. I died once or twice last night to an errant black dragon bolt that hit for ~1800. I might start slotting absorb items.

PS: you can keep your idea about TF para, it's fucking garbage.

Again did you read my post? 1 day isn't enough to move you out of theorycrafting especially if it was sub 8 skulls. On lamm, my group tested throwers (as well as many other builds) for 130+ hours between all the different lamm builds in all different kinds of content and mostly on skull 10.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Feb 4th, 2017 at 12:02am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 11:53pm:
Para TF has a long cooldown unless something changed and is/was totally worthless.

Again if you had bothered to actually test you would know this: they are garbage if you use them sep (TF & enhancement) - if you use them together its still broken cc.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #28 - Feb 4th, 2017 at 12:03am
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Feb 4th, 2017 at 12:00am:
Again did you read my post? 1 day isn't enough to move you out of theorycrafting especially if it was sub 8 skulls. On lamm, my group tested throwers (as well as many other builds) for 130+ hours between all the different lamm builds in all different kinds of content and mostly on skull 10.

It's too bad that despite that you still couldn't come up with anything better than I could guess at, and suggested something as fucking retarded as TF Paralyze.

That was a waste of 130 hours, should have just waited for me to tell you what to do like I'm doing right now.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Feb 4th, 2017 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 11:11pm:
I like your ideas, didnt even consider para thforged, tnx for insight.
Doesnt the no refresh for para arrows make that a considerable nerf?
(il use it if only for the mov speed debuff, i thought to focus on hamstring/icy stance and perhaps leg shots to minimize mob mov speed).

Didnt test a shuri on lama, only tested a xbow pet build while oozes were broken xD

Paralyzing arrow enhancement nerf was specific. It seems not to affect the TF. Which means you can trigger a "refresh" in the duration by alternating between the effects proccing essentially. It isn't as broken as before but its still pretty broken.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Feb 4th, 2017 at 12:09am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 4th, 2017 at 12:03am:
It's too bad that despite that you still couldn't come up with anything better than I could guess at, and suggested something as fucking retarded as TF Paralyze.

That was a waste of 130 hours, should have just waited for me to tell you what to do like I'm doing right now.

LMAO. I'll keep doing skull 10 while you do skull 1-5. Have fun with that.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #31 - Feb 4th, 2017 at 12:10am
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Feb 4th, 2017 at 12:09am:
LMAO. I'll keep doing skull 10 while you do skull 1-5. Have fun with that.

Yes you're very special and the best and know everything even when you just repeat smart things other people say.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #32 - Feb 4th, 2017 at 12:34am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 3rd, 2017 at 11:47pm:
This is a stretch even for a worthless piece of shit sycophant bottom dweller like you.

1/10

IP Logged

vageta31
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Feb 25th, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 2nd, 2017 at 11:46pm:
I still like 8/6/6 the best because x3 Shuri's and Sniper Shot. I even have thought about maybe going T5 Kensei for those Actives and Sniper Shot. Skip Slayer arrows altogether and just use Sniper Shot to chunk things down and finish 'em with Good Death and Deadly Shot. But this build lacks Abundant Step for fast movement. The burst damage however of Manyshot + Boost + Vuln +Sniper/Adrenaline + Slayer /Adrenaline + Sniper

I was messing around with different level combos and ended up with the 8/6/6 but ran into an issue I hadn't considered. Since I chose shuri for my focus weapon, none of the Kensai active shots actually work with my bow. Which means I either settle for using sniper shot 3x during a manyshot volley, or skip the bow altogether and focus only on shuri. Meaning 6 ranger isn't required and I end up going more along the lines of 5fs build.

I will say the standard DPS outside of manyshot with this setup vs 12m/6r/2f was much higher in general, but it lacks the overall punch for using Fury due to the loss of active shots with the bow. If I could use T5 Kensai attacks with the bow it'd be a different story.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #34 - Feb 26th, 2017 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
vageta31 wrote on Feb 25th, 2017 at 5:24pm:
I was messing around with different level combos and ended up with the 8/6/6 but ran into an issue I hadn't considered. Since I chose shuri for my focus weapon, none of the Kensai active shots actually work with my bow. Which means I either settle for using sniper shot 3x during a manyshot volley, or skip the bow altogether and focus only on shuri. Meaning 6 ranger isn't required and I end up going more along the lines of 5fs build.

I will say the standard DPS outside of manyshot with this setup vs 12m/6r/2f was much higher in general, but it lacks the overall punch for using Fury due to the loss of active shots with the bow. If I could use T5 Kensai attacks with the bow it'd be a different story.

This was my exact experience as well. Trash DPS strong, Red Named/Burst quite lower. I switched back to T5 AA pretty quickly.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint