Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Cannith deader than ever after the update (Read 14034 times)
Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: Cannith deader than ever after the update
Reply #25 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
...SSG had to have known and done the math and came up with a good enough result to say fuck it.

You are likely giving them too much credit, especially in the math department.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #26 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Feb 7th, 2017 at 3:52pm:
You are likely giving them too much credit, especially in the math department.

Shit son, I'd have stopped him in "knowing" department.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #27 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Feb 7th, 2017 at 3:50pm:
A month or two ago when Reaper hit Lama, our guild had a lively discussion about it.  I predicted that it would be exciting for most at first but in the end would only serve to further divide the haves from the have nots in DDO. 

Power gamers will be fine.  They'll just Reaper with their powergamer friends/guilds or solo missions on low to mid skull Reaper.

Casuals on the other hand won't be welcomed into the high-skull Reaper runs because they'd just be a handicap.   They generally won't have the gear, past lives and min/max'd builds to solo EE/LE/low skull Reaper.  They might normally be fine just running non-Reaper like they have in the past, but now the pool of powergamers that have helped/carried them through EE/LE will be MIA because they're busy running Reaper.  This will lead to increased wait times for LFMs to fill and as a result, increased boredom and frustration with the game.

There have already been posts along these lines, both here and on the official forums.  On Ghallanda at least, non-powergamers noticeably outnumber the hardcore players.  Ignoring the larger customer demographic and increasing their unhappiness with the game is generally not a good long-term plan for the health of your product, especially when marketing initiatives and new, long-term customers are virtually non-existent.

Meh.  This is overblown, I think.  Mostly power gamers thinking they are more important to the casuals than they actually are.  Because they really have been separate and haven't interacted with the casuals for years and years already.

You say power gamers were carrying casuals through LE/EE content.  That's a fallacy.  Casuals weren't running that much EE/LE.  On Khyber the pug LFM's for raids/end game were all LH.  LH Shroud, LH spine, LN Hound, LH slavers.  While the power gamers are running LE shroud, spine, hound and LE slavers.  Mostly filling in channels.  Maybe they pug a spot or two.  The power gamers were already MIA from the casuals.  The gap you speak of was created by PL's and EPL's and min/max gear.  That has done happened. 

Reaper might make the line more pronounced and a small minority on the fringes might get pinched one way or the other, but that is not the majority.  And since the casuals/lower skilled base outnumbers the power gamers 3 to 1, at least, there is enough of them that these players can drop down and run the N/H/E runs that these groups do.  They might just have to throw up some LFM's, talk to the joiners and find a new guild and a new group of folks to run with. 
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2017 at 4:11pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
It's funny but I found that slavers was a great set of quests to run with noobs, they learned quick plenty of shrines for rezzing and a decent pay off in mats and named stuff dropping. So it was kind of a bump to the emerging split.

Since reaper came out I've dragged a couple casuals threw a few 1skulls, not something I normally do. It was tough and the challenge of shepherding them was interesting but in the end after spending half the quest dead they were not having fun.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2017 at 4:18pm by »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #29 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 4:55pm
Print Post  

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #30 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Feb 7th, 2017 at 4:55pm:

Congratz on taking your game to the next level with one meme.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #31 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
...from 2008.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Different difficulties have always been a bad idea born from a sick and retarded mind.
Make your game challenging for everyone.

IP Logged

[ ]
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
...from 2008. (I hate when other people get attention or compliments!!!!!)

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #34 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It's funny but I found that slavers was a great set of quests to run with noobs, they learned quick plenty of shrines for rezzing and a decent pay off in mats and named stuff dropping. So it was kind of a bump to the emerging split.

Since reaper came out I've dragged a couple casuals threw a few 1skulls, not something I normally do. It was tough and the challenge of shepherding them was interesting but in the end after spending half the quest dead they were not having fun.

Pretty much my experience, too.

I could throw up an LE Slavers LFM and didn't really care who joined.   Newbs and undergeared people died a lot to traps and hordes of mobs in the beginning but it didn't cause much difficulty in finishing the quest (aside from the one time we pulled the fort bypassing champ nerals and eanwulf with a mostly melee group).  As a plus, the new and casual players tended to learn and eventually got better at it as they went.

Reaper on the other hand is just them getting 1-shotted over and over no matter what they do.  Reaper also requires that you rely on your group members to be semi competent at healing each other.  That's the big thing that makes me not want to throw up LFMs and let just anyone join.

« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2017 at 9:57pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #35 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:

This is a fair point.

IP Logged

Synchrono
Waterworks Kobold

I am not a noun, I am
a VERB.

Reply #36 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Cannith tends to be a server with a lot of private channels and I know a lot of groups fill that way. In fact I would say because Reaper really requires you depend on other players most people won't casually pug simply because there are too many secret squirrels who just can't hack it.

Annoying but then these days the only times I pug are LH Shrouds for mats for alts and the odd casual ETR grind will do pugs but 5-7 Skull Reaper??? Oh Hell no I am not pugging that and dealing with the oddballs on Cannith. My main TR group is running pure monk builds and doing 3-4 Skulls this run. Alternating nights we pull our mains out for 5-7 Skull since no one has built a healbot yet and doing just fine filling from channels and guild.

If you can't fill a group... here's a thought you could be the reason. Are you one of the special squirrels yourself? Do you lack enough friends to actually finish a run somewhere? If so you probably have bigger problems than waiting 35 minutes to fill a pug group

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Synchrono wrote on Feb 9th, 2017 at 9:22am:
If you can't fill a group... here's a thought you could be the reason. Are you one of the special squirrels yourself? Do you lack enough friends to actually finish a run somewhere? If so you probably have bigger problems than waiting 35 minutes to fill a pug group

Lol...I love how people make such assumptions about players because they use the lfm panel...I play mostly in European day time as my family takes priority in the evening....and most of the people I grp with and the Guild log at night...I am aware of the back channels on cannith...trust me i used to run almost daily LE shrouds on cannith using these channels...and we also do 10 skull stuff using these same channels...

Fact is you shouldn't need some hidden back channels to fill a grp during any time of day prime or not...especially after an update...if that is the case it is a failed update or a dying game...I say it's both...

My main is Zorian on Cannith...what is your toon name? Or do you hide behind a forum name?

« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2017 at 10:02am by zoriaan »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Really? Private channels in Cannith? No way, not like the other servers. There is not a single channel in cannith that can fill a raid.

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
we used to fill most of the time but sometimes opened the last  one or two spots for others...

There are even reaper channels that was started now and so far it has worked real well!
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2017 at 2:13pm by zoriaan »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #40 - Feb 12th, 2017 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 8:37pm:
My biggest problem with reaper is the 80 million fucking bugs that came along with it.  To the surprise of no one, but still...  They broke basic shit that affects *every* quest and it's pissing me off.

Yeah, me too. I gave up on keeping up on top end gear years ago, I  can't keep up with the power creep, so I'm mostly puttering around heroics in flavor builds a few hours a month. A ton of bugs that affect non-reaper quests is a definite net loss in my book.

But as you say, it's not like I expected anything better from them. I just hope they can keep it alive long enough for somebody who loves the game to win the lottery and buy it  Cheesy

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #41 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 6:02am
Print Post  
Quote:

+1

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
One thing is for sure....if you are not farming reaper xp in heroic quests....cannith is fucking DEAD.
20 minutes for a EEBB druids chain......not one bite on the lfm on a Saturday afternoon WITH buddy bonus going on.
RIP DDO.
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2017 at 2:04pm by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #43 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 1:22pm:
EEBB druids chain

As if that were a thing that was popular or even regularly done previously...

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #44 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Feb 9th, 2017 at 1:55pm:
we used to fill most of the time but sometimes opened the last  one or two spots for others...

There are even reaper channels that was started now and so far it has worked real well!

There are reaper channels on Cannith? I thought CannithTrade was about it  Shocked

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Feb 19th, 2017 at 10:42am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 1:26pm:
As if that were a thing that was popular or even regularly done previously...

Saga chain...a lot of players cap an epic past life faster with sagas than with dailies. I for one never run Enorm dailies...they suck.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2017 at 10:43am by zoriaan »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint