Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Request Help: 12Fighter 4Monk 4Paladin - DPs/Tank (Read 1949 times)
Sonilasfx
Korthos Resident

: ]

Request Help: 12Fighter 4Monk 4Paladin - DPs/Tank
Feb 7th, 2017 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
I have a old intitank toon(3~4 years ago, for tank epic Lord of the blade)... i want make a new bluid with mix DPs + Tank skill ( Prr + dodge + intimidate? + hp?) + selfhealing.

I made a bluid, i need advice. How can I improve?

DPs/Tank
12/4/4 Fighter/Paladin/Monk
Lawful Good Purple Dragon Knight

Level Order

1. Fighter         6. Monk           11. Fighter        16. Monk
2. Monk            7. Paladin        12. Monk           17. Fighter
3. Paladin         8. Fighter        13. Fighter        18. Fighter
4. Paladin         9. Fighter        14. Fighter        19. Fighter
5. Paladin        10. Fighter        15. Fighter        20. Fighter

Stats
               36pt     Tome     Level Up
               ----     ----     --------
Strength        16       +4       4: STR
Dexterity       14       +4       8: STR
Constitution    14       +4      12: STR
Intelligence    12       +4      16: STR
Wisdom          12       +4      20: STR
Charisma        14       +4      24: STR
                                 28: STR

Skills
          F  M  P  P  P  M  P  F  F  F  F  M  F  F  F  M  F  F  F  F
          1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
         ------------------------------------------------------------
Heal            3  3  2     2        1½ 1½    1  1½ 2     1½ 2  1  1  23
Intim     4                    4  4  1  1     2  1  1     2  1  1  1  23
Concent   2  3        1  3  1              5           4        1  1  21
Balance   2  2           2  ½              1           3           ½  11
UMD       2  ½  ½  ½  ½  ½  ½  ½  ½  ½  ½  ½  ½  ½  ½  ½  ½  ½  ½     11
         ------------------------------------------------------------
         16  6  4  4  4  6  5  5  5  5  5  7  5  5  6  8  6  6  6  6

Feats

1        : Dodge
1 PDK    : Power Attack
1 Fighter: Two Handed Fighting
2 Monk   : Mobility
3        : Weapon Focus: Bludgeoning
3 Deity  : Follower of: Silvanus
6        : Adept of Forms
6 Monk   : Spring Attack
8 Fighter: Improved Two Handed Fighting
9        : Empower Healing Spell
10 Fighter: Weapon Specialization: Bludgeoning
12        : Master of Forms
12 Monk   : Path of Harmonious Balance
13 Fighter: Greater Two Handed Fighting
15        : Quicken Spell
15 Fighter: Greater Weapon Focus: Bludgeoning
18        : Grandmaster of Forms
18 Fighter: Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
20 Fighter: Greater Weapon Specialization: Bludgeoning
21 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
24 Epic   : Tactical Mastery
26 Destiny: Perfect Two Handed Fighting
27 Epic   : Epic Damage Reduction
28 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
29 Destiny: Dire Charge
30 Epic   : Tactical Combatant
30 Legend : Scion of: Arborea

Enhancements (80 AP)

Kensei (33 AP)
  • Kensei Focus: Picks and Hammers, Spiritual Bond, Strike with No Thought, Power Surge[list=1]
  • Weapon Group Specialization, Reed in the Wind III
  • Weapon Group Specialization, Improved Dodge III, Ascetic Training: Agility III
  • Weapon Group Specialization, Athletic Mastery III, Strength
  • Opportunity Attack, Weapon Group Specialization, Strike at the Heart
  • Weapon Master, One with the Blade, Keen Edge

Knight of the Chalice (21 AP)
  • Slayer of Evil, Courage of Heaven[list=1]
  • Extra Turning II, Extra Smite II
  • Divine Might III
  • Divine Sacrifice III, Exalted Smite III

Shintao (10 AP)
  • Bastion of Purity[list=1]
  • Deft Strikes I, Exemplar III
  • Iron Skin III, Fists of Iron

Sacred Defender (6 AP)
  • Holy Bastion, Sacred Defense[list=1]
  • Extra Lay On Hands I, Durable Defense III

Henshin Mystic (6 AP)
  • Riddle of Fire, Ki Bolt[list=1]
  • Negotiator II, Way of the: Tenacious Badger

Ninja Spy (4 AP)
  • Basic Ninja Training[list=1]
  • Acrobatic III

Gear List:
?

Epic Destiny: Legendary Dreadnought

Destiny (24 AP)

Legendary Dreadnought
Legendary Tactics III, Strength
Momentum Swing III, Imp. Power Attack
Lay Waste, Critical Damage II
Anvil of Thunder
Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
Master's Blitz, Pulverizer

Twists:
4 Sense Weakness
4 Standing with Stone ---> +15 prr?
1 Rejuvenation Cocoon
1 Primal Scream
1 Purge the Wicked

:]

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: Request Help: 12Fighter 4Monk 4Paladin - DPs/Tank
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
What does your build not do well anymore?

Personally, I think pure Bladeforged Fighter (S&B) is the best for Tanking/DPS/Self-Healing. Dodge #s will suck and obviously no evasion but you can get PRR and MRR up high enough (240+ PRR, 160+ MRR) that a poor Dodge and no evasion isn't that big a deal. These days you need a 110+ Intimidate to work reliably so if you're going to be an Intimitank, concentrate on being good at intimidating and tanking.

Don't try to do everything.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
This isn't a tank build. 

This is a DPS build.  There are only 6 AP in the defender tree.  You are spending 74 of your AP on offensive stuff.  I'm thinking your balance is off in the DPS vs. tanking ratio. 

Issues:
Your HP will be way too low to tank.  What are you running with this?  Around 1400?  That's one shot land.  Yout don't get the stance HP boost in T3 of Defender.  That only takes 13 AP (7 more than you spent) to get 20% more HP.  You are starting with a 14 Con on a Tank (as a PDK).  That's not going to work.  Why are you putting points in Wis or Dex? 

What is your AC?  Yes, AC can work, but not if you don't even try.  That is available in spades in the defender tree.  As well as threat gen.  And Hamp.

You didn't take stunning fist or stunning blow on a tank?  You took a bunch of DPS feats. 

I'm also guessing from your feats that you are going for the evasion tank concept.  I don't think those work so well, but I've not run one personally.  My tank is heavy armor/prr/mrr/AC/intim/threat/Tactics/HP/hamp focused.  This build looks like it is evasion/dodge/DPS based.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 7th, 2017 at 3:55pm:
This isn't a tank build. 

This is a DPS build.  There are only 6 AP in the defender tree.  You are spending 74 of your AP on offensive stuff.  I'm thinking your balance is off in the DPS vs. tanking ratio. 

Issues:
Your HP will be way too low to tank.  What are you running with this?  Around 1400?  That's one shot land.  Yout don't get the stance HP boost in T3 of Defender.  That only takes 13 AP (7 more than you spent) to get 20% more HP.  You are starting with a 14 Con on a Tank (as a PDK).  That's not going to work.  Why are you putting points in Wis or Dex? 

What is your AC?  Yes, AC can work, but not if you don't even try.  That is available in spades in the defender tree.  As well as threat gen.  And Hamp.

You didn't take stunning fist or stunning blow on a tank?  You took a bunch of DPS feats. 

I'm also guessing from your feats that you are going for the evasion tank concept.  I don't think those work so well, but I've not run one personally.  My tank is heavy armor/prr/mrr/AC/intim/threat/Tactics/HP/hamp focused.  This build looks like it is evasion/dodge/DPS based.

Would you do some kind of pally fighter split to take advantage of both stalwart and sacred defender trees?

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #4 - Feb 7th, 2017 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Feb 7th, 2017 at 8:31pm:
Would you do some kind of pally fighter split to take advantage of both stalwart and sacred defender trees?

Why would you? The best parts of those trees (stances) don't stack with each other.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 12:41am
Print Post  
This isn't a tank build. 

Issues:

How are you done ngin various reaper quests?

IP Logged

Sonilasfx
Korthos Resident

: ]

Reply #6 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 1:21am
Print Post  
This isn't a tank build. 

Issues:

Thanks for the alert.
The biggest problem of creating a tank is lack of dps,
I wanted at least a little dps.
I do not like the idea of ​​Tower Shield + Weapown, do you know any tank bluid without using a shield?

:]

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #7 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Sonilasfx wrote on Feb 8th, 2017 at 1:21am:
Thanks for the alert.
The biggest problem of creating a tank is lack of dps,
I wanted at least a little dps.
I do not like the idea of ​​Tower Shield + Weapown, do you know any tank bluid without using a shield?

You didn't go for a little DPS.  You went for a lot of DPS.  The only variations in your build from a standard pure DPS build were the following:

Epic Damage Reduction Feat
Taking 4 pally levels instead of 2 (or none)
Standing with Stone twist.
Being in Mountain Stance. (assumption on my part)

You chose DPS at every other decision point. 

You can theoretically do tank builds without a shield, the mountain stance at the grandmaster level gives 20% AC and 15 PRR.  When mixed with the Standing with Stone, you are at 30 PRR, which is close to what you get from the two shield mastery feats. 

But you are giving up some of the value from the defender tree to boost shield AC and the DR and the elemental absorption and the extra boost from actively blocking. 

The problem I see with evasion/monk tanking is that they excel in situations where elemental damage is very high.  Physical damage seems to be overloaded right now though.  And the combination of MRR and elemental absorption seems to make evasion a less useful alternative for tanks.

As I admitted before, my knowledge of evasion tanks in today's game is limited to  theory.  Someone else may have a better build concept for you if you want a robes/evasion fighter/monk build. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 9:31am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Feb 8th, 2017 at 12:41am:
How are you done ngin various reaper quests?

A lot of it depends on how many skulls you are doing and what content you want to run.  If you are not running reaper, a DPS/Tank works great.  Low skulls in anything non L-TS or L-Shroud and you can usally get away with a DPS/Tank.  If you want to tank high skulls or low skulls L-TS or L-Shroud, you need to commit to tanking.  Focus on HP, More HP, PRR, MRR, AC, Threat, Intim, Hamp, Tactics.  And accept that the character is a party only build.  Because it will not be able to solo DPS anything efficiently.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #9 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 9:39am
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Feb 7th, 2017 at 8:31pm:

The only reason I can think of to splash Pally with Fighter is because you want to combine the Kensai tree with LoH and Divine Might.

The two defender trees are close enough that there isn't a lot benefit to going higher than 2 Pally. 

The Stalwart tree is better for threat gen and the capstone gives a nice "Oh Shit" boost once every 3 minutes.  The Sacred Defender tree gives more consistent PRR, the ability to use about -300 to -400 HP as part of your HP pool on a near permanent basis, and some boosts to the LoH that provide better self healing. 

Kensai is just so much better than KoTC, though, and the power surge from Kensai gives a lot of HP, saves, and other value.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #10 - Feb 8th, 2017 at 10:45am
Print Post  
If you want to tank high level reaper, you'll want to farm a bunch of reaper xp for the reaper tank tree and then go into a full retard tank build.

If you just want S&B DPS for flavor you should be okay in LE.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint